|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
(a) because he's got the power of wealth
(b) because he's the first among men
(c) because he's a god to the town
(d) because he's the one they all blame
2. What does Teiresias answer when Oedipus asks the identity of his father?
(a) That it will be revealed today and destroy Oedipus.
(b) That Oedipus has two fathers.
(c) That Oedipus truly knows who his father is.
(d) That Oedipus will be better off not knowing.
3. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
4. Who asks the old shepherd whether he gave an infant baby to the messenger years ago?
(c) the messenger
(d) the chorus leader
5. How does Teiresias respond when Oedipus says the prophet speaks in riddles?
(a) that life is a riddle
(b) that the truth is as complex as a riddle
(c) that Oedipus is good at solving riddles
(d) that Oedipus will wish this riddle were never solved
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
2. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
3. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
4. What does Oedipus ask Creon about Teiresias?
5. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)