|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first sees the old shepherd approaching?
(b) the chorus
(d) the messenger
2. What does the messenger ask the chorus when he first arrives?
(a) where to find Teiresias
(b) where to find Oedipus' home
(c) where to find Creon's home
(d) where to find Jocasta
3. What nationality does Oedipus say the mother who raised him was?
4. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
(a) hiding in the countryside
(b) on the nearby mountain
(c) in Thebes
(d) in Corinth
5. What does the chorus say about human prophets?
(a) Human prophets are the same as the gods and priests.
(b) Human prophets have human motivations.
(c) Human prophets are always wrong.
(d) It's impossible to tell if human prophets have real knowledge beyond the everyday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oedipus react to the chorus' pleas?
2. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
3. What city was the father who raised Oedipus from?
4. What does Jocasta advise Oedipus about his fears?
5. Who accused Oedipus of not being his father's real son?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)