|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
(a) a mountain
(b) an ocean
(c) a forest
(d) a desert
2. Who does the priest say has gathered?
(a) all the young and hearty townspeople
(b) everyone but those ill from disease
(c) all the sick and elderly townspeople
(d) townspeople from the very young to the very old
3. What does Oedipus ask Creon about Teiresias?
(a) how long Teiresias has been blind
(b) why Teiresias didn't give the identity of Laius' murderer at the time of the death
(c) whether Teiresias makes a profit from the town because of his prophesies
(d) how long Teiresias has lived in Thebes
4. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
5. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
(a) because of Teiresias's stature in the community
(b) because he believes Teiresias is Creon's pawn
(c) because of Teiresias' age
(d) because clearly no one will believe Teiresias
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus first say to Jocasta, after questioning the messenger about Polybus' death?
2. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
3. Where did the messenger find the infant Oedipus?
4. What children did Polybus have before Oedipus?
5. What is Oedipus' initial attitude toward the crowd that has gathered?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)