|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
2. Where did the messenger find the infant Oedipus?
(a) on the doorstep of his home
(b) by the banks of a river
(c) on the border of Corinth
(d) in the valleys of Clithaeron
3. What does Creon say his current position brings?
(a) power and benefits without fear
(b) royal benefits but no freedom
(c) freedom from fear but no power
(d) fear and power but no freedom
4. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
(a) Yes, he says he met Laius once.
(b) Yes, he says he's med Laius many times.
(c) He says no, but he realizes he's met Laius many times.
(d) No, Oedipus believes he's never met Laius.
5. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
(a) the gods and the prophets
(b) Creon and Jocasta
(c) himself and the people of Thebes
(d) the land and the god Apollo
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
2. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
3. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
4. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
5. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)