|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
(a) financial help from Thebes
(b) a promise of reward from Corinth
(c) a dictate from a prophet
(d) a dictate from a god
2. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
(a) Oedipus says that the town knew it was bringing tragedy upon itself.
(b) Oedipus says the town should have looked into the murder.
(c) Oedipus says he understands that the town had other problems.
(d) Oedipus says that the town is actively covering up the murder.
3. What does the messenger ask the chorus when he first arrives?
(a) where to find Creon's home
(b) where to find Teiresias
(c) where to find Oedipus' home
(d) where to find Jocasta
4. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
(a) an unavenged murder
(b) an unfulfilled prophecy
(c) a slight to the gods
(d) a fight between protecting gods
5. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
(a) He says the prophets have linked him to Laius.
(b) He feels bound to Laius by the Sphinx's riddle.
(c) He feels drawn to the memory of Laius.
(d) He is now married to Laius' wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus say that he still fears, after hearing the news of Polybus' death?
2. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
3. Why does the chorus think it's time for the murderer to flee?
4. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
5. Who does the priest suggest Oedipus listen to, in order to solve the town's problems?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)