|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simile does Jocasta use to describe the people of Thebes?
(a) like people in a carriage who see the driver terrified
(b) like children who see their father's fear
(c) like soldiers who see their commander slain
(d) like people on a ship who see the helmsman is afraid
2. Who accused Oedipus of not being his father's real son?
(a) a stranger passng through the town
(b) a drunk man at a dinner
(c) the local prophet
(d) his cousin, son of his mother's sister
3. How is the tale of Oedipus and the Sphinx treated in the town?
(a) Oedipus constantly forces the town to hear the story again.
(b) People have already forgotten what Oedipus has done for them.
(c) People only remember the story in times of trouble.
(d) People still tell the story of Oedipus and the Sphinx.
4. What does Creon deny that he has a desire to do?
(a) gain wealth
(b) hurt his sister
(c) rule as king
(d) mar Teiresias's reputation
5. What does Creon say about the god's call to avenge Laius' death now?
(a) He says it is too late for revenge.
(b) He says it will be an easy task.
(c) He says the gods have asked the impossible.
(d) He says it is fitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
2. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
3. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
4. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
5. What does Jocasta advise Oedipus about his fears?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)