|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
(a) that he can see but will be blind
(b) that he can see but not himself
(c) that he can see but not the past
(d) that he can see but not the future
2. Where does the messenger want Oedipus to go?
(a) back to Corinth
(b) into the mountains of Thebes
(c) away from both Thebes and Corinth
(d) to his mother on the outskirts of Thebes
3. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
(a) makes a counterclaim of treason against Oedipus
(b) challenges Oedipus to a fight
(c) flees the city of Thebes
(d) talks to the people of Thebes
4. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) talk to the oracle at Delphi
(b) question his sister Jocasta
(c) speak with Teiresias again
(d) look inside his own heart
5. What does Oedipus do when the shepherd won't tell about giving away the infant?
(a) Oedipus threatens to banish him from the kingdom.
(b) Oedipus threatens him and asks someone to bind his hands.
(c) Oedipus asks the messenger if he's lying about the incident.
(d) Oedipus offers him money and a comfortable home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus seem to think Jocasta is afraid of learning about his birth?
2. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
3. Who does Jocasta send for after hearing the messenger's news?
4. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
5. Who does Jocasta say told her about Laius' death?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)