|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
(a) not listening to the oracle
(b) fighting when the town's in trouble
(c) not listening to each other
(d) making the gods upset
2. Why does the chorus think it's time for the murderer to flee?
(a) The ire of the city is rising against him.
(b) Teiresias will eventually name him.
(c) Oedipus is against him.
(d) Zeus' son, Apollo, is against him.
3. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
(a) what charges Oedipus made against Creon
(b) whether Creon understand the charges Oedipus made
(c) Oedipus's steadiness and state of mind when making the charges
(d) whether Teiresias was there when Oedipus made the charges
4. Who is with the approaching shepherd?
(a) a priest of Apollo
(b) no one
(c) servants of Oedipus
5. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
(a) leave the town until the murderer is found
(b) shelter, talk, or consort with the murderer
(c) talk or gossip about the murder
(d) pray to any god but Apollo until the murderer is found
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
2. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
3. What does Oedipus accuse Creon of?
4. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
5. Who does the priest say has gathered?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)