|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Creon's relationship to Oedipus?
(b) no relation
2. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
(a) flees the city of Thebes
(b) makes a counterclaim of treason against Oedipus
(c) talks to the people of Thebes
(d) challenges Oedipus to a fight
3. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
(a) Creon and Jocasta
(b) himself and the people of Thebes
(c) the land and the god Apollo
(d) the gods and the prophets
4. What was Oedipus' response to the information he got from the oracle at Delphi, when he asked about his parentage?
(a) Oedipus asked the oracle for more clarity.
(b) Oedipus confined himself to a room in his father's palace.
(c) Oedipus ran away from Corinth.
(d) Oedipus went to ask his parents about it.
5. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
(a) because he's the first among men
(b) because he's got the power of wealth
(c) because he's a god to the town
(d) because he's the one they all blame
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oedipus' initial reaction when Creon asks to explain himself?
2. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
3. Who does the priest say has gathered?
4. What children did Polybus have before Oedipus?
5. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)