|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the chorus think it's time for the murderer to flee?
(a) Teiresias will eventually name him.
(b) Zeus' son, Apollo, is against him.
(c) Oedipus is against him.
(d) The ire of the city is rising against him.
2. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(a) a small boy
(c) the chorus leader
3. Where did Laius order his infant child to be put?
(a) on a mountain
(b) in the ocean
(c) in a field
(d) in a river
4. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
5. What does Oedipus first say to Jocasta, after questioning the messenger about Polybus' death?
(a) He wonders why anyone would pay homage to Apollo's prophets.
(b) He says that this foretells a new era of prosperity in Thebes.
(c) He says he must immediately leave for Corinth to see his mother.
(d) He regrets that he left his home in Corinth without reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality does Oedipus say the mother who raised him was?
2. What does Jocasta bring to the shrine of Apollo outside the castle gates?
3. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
4. What does Oedipus accuse Creon of?
5. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)