|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(b) the chorus leader
(c) a small boy
2. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
(a) He cannot change them.
(b) They can be stopped but only by Oedipus.
(c) They can be stopped by his silence.
(d) They are for the best.
3. Does Oedipus want to see the person the messenger says gave him the infant Oedipus?
(a) No, Oedipus doesn't think the person is important.
(b) Yes, Oedipus wants to send the person out of town.
(c) Yes, Oedipus wants to question the person to find the truth.
(d) No, Oedipus is afraid of what the person might say.
4. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
(b) the oracle
5. What does Jocasta question the chorus about, after Creon leaves?
(a) what happened between Oedipus and Creon
(b) the interview between Oedipus and Teiresias
(c) the progress toward finding Laius's murderer
(d) the state of the farms and the townspeople
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
2. What children did Polybus have before Oedipus?
3. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
4. What is Creon's relationship to Oedipus?
5. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)