|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's financial condition?
(a) that he is rich but will be poor
(b) that he is rich but not in spirit
(c) that he is rich with wealth but not love
(d) that he is rich but cannot buy contentment
2. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
(a) in the forest
(b) at the oracle
(c) in a shrine
(d) in front of the palace
3. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
(a) his powers
(c) the truth
(d) the gods
4. What does the priest call pestilence?
(a) a fiery god
(b) a roaring lion
(c) a sinister snake
(d) a thundering beast
5. Who does Oedipus say he's seeking vengeance for?
(a) the gods and the prophets
(b) the land and the god Apollo
(c) himself and the people of Thebes
(d) Creon and Jocasta
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
2. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
3. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
4. Why does Oedipus say his sorrow is greater than the townspeople?
5. What argument does Oedipus offer that Teiresias is not really a prophet?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)