|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the townspeople who are not gathered to speak with Oedipus?
(a) at home, caring for the sick
(b) at the gods' shrines asking for help
(c) in the fields, trying to cure the diseases
(d) in their graves
2. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
(a) the gods
(c) Oedipus' parents
3. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
(a) Oedipus offers the murderer his choice of death or banishment.
(b) Oedipus offers the murderer a place in Corinth in exchange for banishment from Thebes.
(c) Oedipus offers to limit the murderer's banishment.
(d) Oedipus offers to banish the murderer instead of killing him.
4. Who does Teiresias say he serves?
5. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
(a) the gods
(c) his powers
(d) the truth
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
2. How does Teiresias respond when Oedipus says the prophet speaks in riddles?
3. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
4. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
5. What does the chorus leader rebuke both Oedipus and Teiresias for?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)