|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus ask Teiresias to do, after Teiresias says Oedipus is the murderer?
(a) leave Thebes immediately
(b) fight him
(c) fall on his knees and pray
(d) repeat what he's said
2. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
(a) It's good news.
(b) It's hard to interpret if it's good or bad.
(c) It's bad news.
(d) It's both good and bad news.
3. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
(a) talk or gossip about the murder
(b) leave the town until the murderer is found
(c) shelter, talk, or consort with the murderer
(d) pray to any god but Apollo until the murderer is found
4. What does the chorus leader rebuke both Oedipus and Teiresias for?
(a) not talking with Creon
(b) not talking with Jocasta
(c) being angry and quarrelling instead of finding the murderer
(d) not listening to each other and talking at cross purposes
5. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the priest say they've come to Oedipus?
2. Before Teiresias leaves, what does he say about the murderer's nationality?
3. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
4. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
5. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)