|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(b) a small boy
(d) the chorus leader
2. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
(a) the gods
(c) his powers
(d) the truth
3. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
(a) in the palace
(b) on the way to visit a nearby shepherd
(c) on an ocean voyage
(d) on the road to Delphi
4. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
(a) the priest of Zeus
(b) the parliamentary leader
(c) the prophet of Hera
(d) the oracle
5. Who does the priest suggest Oedipus listen to, in order to solve the town's problems?
(a) the town elders
(b) Zeus's oracle
(c) the blind prophet
(d) the gods or wise men
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Teiresias leaves, what does he say about the murderer's nationality?
2. What does Oedipus wish for himself, if he unknowingly hosted the murderer at his home?
3. Why does Oedipus ask Creon to speak in front of the townspeople?
4. How is the tale of Oedipus and the Sphinx treated in the town?
5. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)