|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
2. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(a) the chorus leader
(d) a small boy
3. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
(a) Oedipus' parents
(b) the gods
4. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
(a) that he is not the murderer and doesn't know who the murderer is
(b) that he suspects who the murderer is but doesn't know
(c) that he doesn't want to know who the murderer is
(d) that the murderer likely had nothing to do with Thebes
5. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
(a) on the way to visit a nearby shepherd
(b) on the road to Delphi
(c) in the palace
(d) on an ocean voyage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus ask of the citizens of Thebes?
2. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
3. How does Teiresias respond when Oedipus says the prophet speaks in riddles?
4. What does the priest call pestilence?
5. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)