|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus leader rebuke both Oedipus and Teiresias for?
(a) not talking with Jocasta
(b) not talking with Creon
(c) being angry and quarrelling instead of finding the murderer
(d) not listening to each other and talking at cross purposes
2. Where has Oedipus sent Creon?
(a) to the kingdom of Corinth
(b) to Apollo's shrine
(c) to Zeus's oracle
(d) to wander the wilderness
3. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
(a) because of Teiresias' age
(b) because he believes Teiresias is Creon's pawn
(c) because clearly no one will believe Teiresias
(d) because of Teiresias's stature in the community
4. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
(b) the gods
(c) Oedipus' parents
5. What argument does Oedipus offer that Teiresias is not really a prophet?
(a) Teiresias is only faking blindness.
(b) Teiresias changes his prophesies from one day to the next.
(c) Teiresias did not answer the Sphinx's riddle.
(d) Teiresias's prophecies conflict with the oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the priest say has gathered?
2. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
3. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
4. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
5. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)