|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's financial condition?
(a) that he is rich but cannot buy contentment
(b) that he is rich with wealth but not love
(c) that he is rich but will be poor
(d) that he is rich but not in spirit
2. What is Oedipus' attitude toward Teiresias when he first speaks to the prophet?
(a) deferential and complimentary
(b) angry and ironic
(c) defensive and annoyed
(d) derisive and snide
3. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
(a) the truth
(b) the gods
(c) his powers
4. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
(a) He's been thinking about possible paths to a solution.
(b) He's been offering sacrifices to all the gods.
(c) He's been paralyzed by the horror that's come on the town.
(d) He's been carefully questioning all the townspeople who could help.
5. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
2. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
3. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
4. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
5. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)