|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Teiresias leaves, what does he say about the murderer's nationality?
(a) that he is a Corinthian
(b) that he will turn out to be a native Theban
(c) that he is an Athenian
(d) that he comes from no nation
2. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
(a) He says Oedipus is not the one to help.
(b) He says the people will never get salvation.
(c) He says the people have been ignored in favor of Creon.
(d) He says the people have what they've come for.
3. What course of action does the chorus leader suggest Oedipus should take?
(a) look inside his own palace
(b) search every house in the city
(c) send another emissary to Delphi
(d) consult the prophet Teiresias
4. What does Creon say about the god's call to avenge Laius' death now?
(a) He says it is too late for revenge.
(b) He says it is fitting.
(c) He says it will be an easy task.
(d) He says the gods have asked the impossible.
5. Why does the chorus think it's time for the murderer to flee?
(a) Oedipus is against him.
(b) Teiresias will eventually name him.
(c) Zeus' son, Apollo, is against him.
(d) The ire of the city is rising against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
2. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
3. What does Oedipus say about the fact that Laius' death wasn't looked into before?
4. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
5. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)