|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
2. What does Teiresias say about his own wisdom, after Oedipus questions him about Laius' murderer?
(a) It is a blessing and a curse.
(b) It is fleeting and unreliable.
(c) It is misunderstood, even by himself.
(d) It brings no benefits.
3. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
(a) The murderer may want to kill the new king, too.
(b) The murderer may flee quietly and leave the town to suffer the gods' wrath.
(c) The murderer may seek revenge on Oedipus for trying to find him.
(d) The murderer may want to kill the queen, Laius's wife.
4. Before Teiresias leaves, what does he say about the murderer's nationality?
(a) that he will turn out to be a native Theban
(b) that he comes from no nation
(c) that he is a Corinthian
(d) that he is an Athenian
5. Why does Oedipus feel linked to Laius?
(a) He feels bound to Laius by the Sphinx's riddle.
(b) He is now married to Laius' wife.
(c) He feels drawn to the memory of Laius.
(d) He says the prophets have linked him to Laius.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
2. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
3. What does Teiresias answer when Oedipus asks the identity of his father?
4. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
5. What does Creon say has caused the disasters to the town?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)