|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What course of action does the chorus leader suggest Oedipus should take?
(a) search every house in the city
(b) consult the prophet Teiresias
(c) send another emissary to Delphi
(d) look inside his own palace
2. What does the chorus leader think of Oedipus' curses on the murderer?
(a) that the murderer will make fun of them
(b) that the murderer will laugh at them
(c) that the murderer will take them seriously
(d) that the murderer will ignore them
3. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
(d) the oracle
4. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
(a) the name of the murderer
(b) the true wishes of the gods
(c) the power of prophecy
(d) the family he's come from
5. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
(a) in Corinth
(b) in Thebes
(c) on the nearby mountain
(d) hiding in the countryside
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
2. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
3. Who speaks for the people of Thebes as their leader?
4. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
5. What is Creon wearing on his head as he approaches the town?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)