Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
(a) a small boy
(b) the chorus leader
2. How does Oedipus react to the chorus' pleas?
(a) Oedipus refuses to listen to the chorus.
(b) Oedipus decides not to change his decision, though the chorus makes him doubtful.
(c) Oedipus gives in to the chorus unwillingly, foreseeing doom to himself.
(d) Oedipus is convinced by the chorus and gladly does what they ask.
3. What does Jocasta question the chorus about, after Creon leaves?
(a) what happened between Oedipus and Creon
(b) the progress toward finding Laius's murderer
(c) the state of the farms and the townspeople
(d) the interview between Oedipus and Teiresias
4. What does Teiresias say Oedipus doesn't know?
(a) the name of the murderer
(b) the power of prophecy
(c) the true wishes of the gods
(d) the family he's come from
5. Who is with the approaching shepherd?
(b) servants of Oedipus
(c) a priest of Apollo
(d) no one
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
2. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
3. As the second messenger prefaces his news, what does he say brings us the most pain?
4. Before Teiresias leaves, what does he say about the murderer's nationality?
5. What does Oedipus first say to Jocasta, after questioning the messenger about Polybus' death?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)