Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
(a) He asks who Creon has spoken to.
(b) He asks why Creon is so late.
(c) He asks why Creon looks so strange.
(d) He asks what message the gods sent.
2. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
3. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
(a) He says the people will never get salvation.
(b) He says Oedipus is not the one to help.
(c) He says the people have been ignored in favor of Creon.
(d) He says the people have what they've come for.
4. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
(a) He says no, but he realizes he's met Laius many times.
(b) Yes, he says he's med Laius many times.
(c) Yes, he says he met Laius once.
(d) No, Oedipus believes he's never met Laius.
5. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
(a) He knows the truth, but the gods have told him not to say.
(b) He isn't sure about what he knows.
(c) He does not believe his own visions.
(d) He doesn't want to cause them both grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he leaves, what does Oedipus say will happen?
2. What does the priest point out about Oedipus overcoming the Sphinx?
3. What does Oedipus accuse Creon of?
4. Where does Creon say Laius was when he was killed?
5. Who does the chorus leader say should reveal the murderer?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)