|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus say the killers had to have?
(a) a promise of reward from Corinth
(b) a dictate from a god
(c) financial help from Thebes
(d) a dictate from a prophet
2. What does Teiresias say makes him strong?
(a) the truth
(b) the gods
(d) his powers
3. What was Oedipus' response to the information he got from the oracle at Delphi, when he asked about his parentage?
(a) Oedipus went to ask his parents about it.
(b) Oedipus asked the oracle for more clarity.
(c) Oedipus confined himself to a room in his father's palace.
(d) Oedipus ran away from Corinth.
4. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
5. What does Oedipus ask Creon about Teiresias?
(a) how long Teiresias has been blind
(b) how long Teiresias has lived in Thebes
(c) whether Teiresias makes a profit from the town because of his prophesies
(d) why Teiresias didn't give the identity of Laius' murderer at the time of the death
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oedipus react to Teiresias' unwillingness to speak?
2. Why does Oedipus say his sorrow is greater than the townspeople?
3. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
4. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
5. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's financial condition?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)