One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teiresias answer when Oedipus asks the identity of his father?
(a) That Oedipus truly knows who his father is.
(b) That Oedipus will be better off not knowing.
(c) That it will be revealed today and destroy Oedipus.
(d) That Oedipus has two fathers.
2. What does Oedipus say the chorus' position will result in?
(a) Creon becoming a tyrannt
(b) Oedipus' exile or death
(c) destruction of Thebes
(d) war with Corinth
3. Who asks the old shepherd whether he gave an infant baby to the messenger years ago?
(c) the messenger
(d) the chorus leader
4. What does the chorus say about human prophets?
(a) Human prophets have human motivations.
(b) It's impossible to tell if human prophets have real knowledge beyond the everyday.
(c) Human prophets are the same as the gods and priests.
(d) Human prophets are always wrong.
5. Who does Jocasta send for after hearing the messenger's news?
(d) the oracle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
2. What reason does Teiresias give for not answering Oedipus' questions?
3. What does Oedipus tell the messenger he regrets about leaving Corinth?
4. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
5. What did Oedipus' parent say about the accusation that Oedipus was not their son?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)