Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Menelaus give to Telemachus when Telemachus politely refuses his other gifts?
(a) A well-wrought silver bowl.
(b) A polished car.
(c) A goodly cup.
(d) Soldiers with which to vanquish the suitors.
2. How does the Cyclops in Book 9 show hospitality?
(a) He gives them the stranger's gift.
(b) He offers them food, wine, and a place to sleep.
(c) He offers them food and wine.
(d) He dashes two men's brains out and eats them.
3. Why doesn't the other Cyclops help Polyphemus in Book 9?
(a) Polyphemus said "No man is murdering me."
(b) He always screams, so they didn't believe him.
(c) They couldn't get past the boulder guarding the opening of his cave.
(d) He never helps anyone else.
4. Floating with the aid of Ino and safe from Poseidon in Book 5, how does Odysseus make it to dry land when he first sees it?
(a) He swims until he finds a harbor.
(b) He swims until he finds a beach.
(c) He swims until he finds a boat.
(d) He swims until he finds a river.
5. What test does Odysseus give his son in Book 16?
(a) Odysseus wants to see if Telemachus can follow the plan.
(b) Odysseus has instructed Telemachus to find the loyal servants of the house.
(c) Odysseus is waiting to see how his son fares in combat.
(d) He is not to tell a soul that Odysseus has returned to Ithaca alive and well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
2. Who helps Telemachus procure a ship and crew to begin his quest?
3. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
4. In what state do the Nausicaa's women, who are playing a game while waiting for the clothes to dry, find the sheltering Odysseus?
5. Once Odysseus realizes he's in Ithaca, what does Athene advise him to do?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)