Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helen and Menelaus tell tales of Odysseus' exploits in Troy. What story does Menelaus tell?
(a) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for keeping the men still and quiet inside the horse.
(b) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit forbuilding the horse so they wouldn't be detected.
(c) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for contriving of the horse
(d) Menelaus gives Odysseus credit for gaining access and intelligence of Troy in the first place.
2. Who first notices Odysseus' clothes in Alcinous' house?
3. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
4. How many days does it take Odysseus to make his preparations and finally leave Ogygia?
(a) Six days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
5. How is Odysseus, the old stranger, received by the swineherd in Book 14?
(a) With indifference - he's only going through the motions.
(b) With much hospitality despite his appearance.
(c) With suspicion - strangers tell tall tales about Odysseus' whereabouts.
(d) Poorly - the swineherd sets the dogs on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
2. According to Halitherses in Book 2, how long will Odysseus be gone before he returns to his friends and family?
3. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
4. Once Ino gives Odysseus help to survive Poseidon assault on the open sea, how many more days does Odysseus drift until he sees land?
5. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)