Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
2. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look natural.
(b) Athena made him look like a hero.
(c) Athena made him look younger.
(d) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(b) She's worried about her reputation.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
4. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
5. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
2. How does Penelope keep from marrying one of the suitors?
3. How does Eurylochus convince Odysseus to land on Thrinacia?
4. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
5. After leaving the lotus-eaters, what do Odysseus and his ships find in Book 9?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)