Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
2. Which word best describes Odysseus' initial reaction when Calypso offers to help him in Book 5?
3. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
(a) They need to make a trip to Olympus.
(b) They need to sacrifice one of sun's cattle to appease Poseidon.
(c) They need to leave the cattle of the sun unharmed when they land on his island.
(d) They need to stay and question more spirits.
4. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
5. In Book 7, why does Athena cloak Odysseus in clouds on his walk to the palace?
(a) Phaecians are so friendly that he might be offered hospitality before he reaches Alcinous' palace.
(b) Phaecians don't like strangers.
(c) She doesn't want Odysseus to get distracted.
(d) She doesn't want her uncle, Poseidon, to see that Odysseus has landed safely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penelope learns about the suitors' plan for Telemachus from a page, but what does she learn from her sister's phantom?
2. How many times has the meeting of the assembly occurred since Odysseus left?
3. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
4. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
5. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)