Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Telemachus going during this journey?
(a) Ephyra and Crete.
(b) Sparta and Taphos.
(c) Sparta and Pylos.
(d) Pylos and Ephryra.
2. When captured by Menelaus, who had been stuck for 20 days, what did this being reveal to him to get his freedom?
(a) Menelaus is told how to get home, as well as the fate of three of his friends.
(b) Menelaus is told how to get Helen back.
(c) Menelaus is told how to get home and acquire more treasure.
(d) Menelaus is told how to get vengeance for his brother.
3. How does the Cyclops in Book 9 show hospitality?
(a) He dashes two men's brains out and eats them.
(b) He gives them the stranger's gift.
(c) He offers them food, wine, and a place to sleep.
(d) He offers them food and wine.
4. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
5. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Menelaus and his ships stuck for 20 days?
2. While making announcements after Mentes' visit in Book 1, what else does Telemachus tell the suitors of his hall?
3. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
4. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
5. What does Ino give Odysseus to save his life when he loses his raft to Poseidon?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)