|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
(a) They need to make a trip to Olympus.
(b) They need to leave the cattle of the sun unharmed when they land on his island.
(c) They need to sacrifice one of sun's cattle to appease Poseidon.
(d) They need to stay and question more spirits.
2. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
(a) A chest of gold each, and a well-wrought libations cup.
(b) A chest of gold and a chest of silver.
(c) A spotless robe and tunic and a talent of gold.
(d) A slave and a chest of gold.
3. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
4. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
5. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(b) She's worried about her reputation.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first spirit to visit Odysseus in Hades ask him to do?
2. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
3. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
4. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
5. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)