|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
(a) He is completely deaf.
(b) He can play a tune he's heard only once.
(c) He is blind but gifted with delightful song.
(d) He is a son of a Muse.
2. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(b) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(c) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(d) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
3. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
4. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
5. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
2. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
3. What does the first spirit to visit Odysseus in Hades ask him to do?
4. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
5. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)