|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which hero did Odysseus first speak in Hades?
2. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
3. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
4. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
(a) He's been told not to speak Odysseus' name.
(b) Many travelers will tell tales for food and clothing.
(c) It doesn't look like he has the means to travel.
(d) He's convinced Odysseus is dead.
5. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
2. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
3. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
4. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
5. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)