|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
2. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
(b) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(c) The end of the Trojan war.
(d) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
3. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(b) Athena made him look natural.
(c) Athena made him look like a hero.
(d) Athena made him look younger.
4. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
5. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
(a) Send your treasures ahead of yourself after so long an absence.
(b) Hide your ship and surprise her with your return.
(c) Always be gentle with your wife.
(d) Tell a part and let a part be hid.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
2. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
3. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
4. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
5. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)