|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(b) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(c) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
2. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) One of the servants.
(b) Nausicaa's mother.
(c) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
(d) Nausicaa's father.
3. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look natural.
(b) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(c) Athena made him look younger.
(d) Athena made him look like a hero.
4. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
(a) Tell a part and let a part be hid.
(b) Hide your ship and surprise her with your return.
(c) Send your treasures ahead of yourself after so long an absence.
(d) Always be gentle with your wife.
5. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
(a) He's convinced Odysseus is dead.
(b) Many travelers will tell tales for food and clothing.
(c) It doesn't look like he has the means to travel.
(d) He's been told not to speak Odysseus' name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
2. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
3. By what type of people did the Phaecians once live?
4. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
5. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)