|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
(a) They were pirating.
(b) His pilot died.
(c) They endured rough seas and wind.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
2. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
(b) She's worried about her reputation.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
4. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
5. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
(a) Nausicaa's mother.
(b) Nausicaa's oldest brother.
(c) Nausicaa's father.
(d) One of the servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odysseus receive from the thirteen kings of Phaecia?
2. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
3. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
4. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
5. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)