|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(b) They are to wash his clothes too.
(c) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(d) They are to run to get the men for protection.
2. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
3. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(b) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(c) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(d) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
4. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The end of the Trojan war.
(b) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(c) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(d) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
5. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
2. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
3. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
4. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
5. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)