|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
2. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The end of the Trojan war.
(b) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
(c) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(d) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
3. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
4. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
(a) They need to sacrifice one of sun's cattle to appease Poseidon.
(b) They need to leave the cattle of the sun unharmed when they land on his island.
(c) They need to make a trip to Olympus.
(d) They need to stay and question more spirits.
5. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
(a) They endured rough seas and wind.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) They were pirating.
(d) His pilot died.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
2. What does the first spirit to visit Odysseus in Hades ask him to do?
3. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
4. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
5. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)