|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which hero did Odysseus first speak in Hades?
2. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
3. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She needs to bathe.
(b) She wants to find a husband.
(c) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
(d) She needs to do the wash for her family.
4. How is Odysseus, the old stranger, received by the swineherd in Book 14?
(a) With suspicion - strangers tell tall tales about Odysseus' whereabouts.
(b) With much hospitality despite his appearance.
(c) Poorly - the swineherd sets the dogs on him.
(d) With indifference - he's only going through the motions.
5. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Odysseus and Ajax fight?
2. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
3. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
4. What does the first spirit to visit Odysseus in Hades ask him to do?
5. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)