|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(b) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(c) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
2. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to wash his clothes too.
(b) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(c) They are to keep away from this stranger.
(d) They are to run to get the men for protection.
3. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
4. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
(a) Sun-drenched gold.
(b) Sea purple.
(c) Sky blue.
(d) Meadow green.
5. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
2. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
3. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
4. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
5. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)