|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
(a) He's been told not to speak Odysseus' name.
(b) He's convinced Odysseus is dead.
(c) Many travelers will tell tales for food and clothing.
(d) It doesn't look like he has the means to travel.
2. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
(b) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(c) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
(d) She's worried about her reputation.
3. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
4. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
5. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
2. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
3. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
4. What is unique about Demodocus the bard?
5. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)