|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
2. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
3. What does Nestor tell Telemachus about his relationship with Odysseus?
(a) They never spoke those nine years at war.
(b) They never fought side by side during the war.
(c) They never agreed at council during the war.
(d) They never differed at council during the war.
4. How is Odysseus, the old stranger, received by the swineherd in Book 14?
(a) With suspicion - strangers tell tall tales about Odysseus' whereabouts.
(b) Poorly - the swineherd sets the dogs on him.
(c) With much hospitality despite his appearance.
(d) With indifference - he's only going through the motions.
5. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. With which hero did Odysseus first speak in Hades?
2. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
4. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
5. Where does Telemachus stay when Nestor's feast is over?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)