|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
2. In which contest in Book 8 does Odysseus first outstrip all others?
3. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
4. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
5. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look like a hero.
(b) Athena made him look natural.
(c) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(d) Athena made him look younger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
2. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
3. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
4. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
5. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)