|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
(a) Many travelers will tell tales for food and clothing.
(b) It doesn't look like he has the means to travel.
(c) He's been told not to speak Odysseus' name.
(d) He's convinced Odysseus is dead.
2. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(b) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
(c) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(d) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
3. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
(b) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(c) The end of the Trojan war.
(d) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
4. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
5. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
(a) The suitors use them for hunting games.
(b) They keep running off.
(c) The suitors feast upon them.
(d) You only need a few to maintain the numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
2. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
3. With which hero did Odysseus first speak in Hades?
4. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
5. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)