|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
2. What is Nestor doing when Telemachus arrives in Pylos?
(a) He is holding a feast in honor of Poseidon.
(b) He is holding a feast in honor of Hermes.
(c) He is holding a feast in honor of Athene.
(d) He is holding a feast in honor of Zeus.
3. How is Odysseus, the old stranger, received by the swineherd in Book 14?
(a) Poorly - the swineherd sets the dogs on him.
(b) With suspicion - strangers tell tall tales about Odysseus' whereabouts.
(c) With much hospitality despite his appearance.
(d) With indifference - he's only going through the motions.
4. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
5. According to Nestor, who wanted the Achaeans to suffer on the way home from Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Agamemnon give to Odysseus regarding women in Book 11?
2. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
3. To which goddess does Odysseus compare Nausicaa in Book 6?
4. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
5. To whom does Odysseus pray while in the meadow awaiting the appropriate time to arrive at the palace in Book 6?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)