|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
(a) They keep running off.
(b) The suitors use them for hunting games.
(c) The suitors feast upon them.
(d) You only need a few to maintain the numbers.
2. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
(b) The end of the Trojan war.
(c) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(d) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
3. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
4. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
5. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
(a) She needs to do the wash for her family.
(b) She needs to bathe.
(c) She wants to find a husband.
(d) She wants to enjoy the day with her maids, playing ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
2. Athene instructs Nestor to help Telemachus on the next leg of his journey. What does he supply?
3. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
4. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
5. In Book 11, who is first to visit Odysseus from the dead?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)