|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
(a) As a soldier.
(b) As a priest.
(c) As a scholar.
(d) As a pirate.
2. In Book 6, what instructions does Nausicaa give her maids regarding Odysseus?
(a) They are to give him food and drink and bathe him.
(b) They are to wash his clothes too.
(c) They are to run to get the men for protection.
(d) They are to keep away from this stranger.
3. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
4. How did Odysseus appear after his bath in Book 6?
(a) Athena made him look younger.
(b) Athena made him look natural.
(c) Athena made him look taller and stouter.
(d) Athena made him look like a hero.
5. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
(a) He's been told not to speak Odysseus' name.
(b) Many travelers will tell tales for food and clothing.
(c) It doesn't look like he has the means to travel.
(d) He's convinced Odysseus is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the group which wanted to leave Troy immediately after the war?
2. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
3. Where did Nestor last see Odysseus?
4. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
5. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)