|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went disguised as a page in Book 8 throughout the town, encouraging people to hear about the stranger?
2. How does Athene reveal herself to the men gathered at Nestor's palace?
(a) She transforms into an osprey before their eyes.
(b) She transforms into mist before their eyes.
(c) She transforms into a heifer before their eyes.
(d) She transforms into a horse before their eyes.
3. What is Nausicaa's greatest concern for the trip back to her father's house from the river?
(a) She's worried that Odysseus will get lost.
(b) She's worried that Odysseus will act immodestly, causing her shame.
(c) She's worried about her reputation.
(d) She's worried that Odysseus isn't strong enough to make it.
4. What is the subject of Demodocus' first song at Alcinous' feast in Book 8?
(a) The tragic end of Agamemnon.
(b) The end of the Trojan war.
(c) The deeds and misdeeds of the gods.
(d) The famous quarrel between Odysseus and Achilles.
5. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
(a) You only need a few to maintain the numbers.
(b) The suitors use them for hunting games.
(c) They keep running off.
(d) The suitors feast upon them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Menelaus late returning from Troy?
2. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
3. Which of his six remaining sons does Nestor send with Telemachus in Book 3?
4. According to Teiresias' shade, what will help Odysseus and his crew make it home safely?
5. In whose grove of poplar trees is Odysseus told to wait before approaching the palace in Book 6?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)