Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 3, Nestor pledges to sacrifice a gold-tipped _______________ in Athene's honor.
2. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
(a) As a priest.
(b) As a scholar.
(c) As a soldier.
(d) As a pirate.
3. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
4. Why does Athena speak to Nausicaa in her dreams?
(a) She wants to tell Nausicaa that she hasn't been a good daughter or sister since she hasn't washed the clothes.
(b) She wants Nausicaa to prepare for her upcoming marriage.
(c) She wants others to know that Nausicaa has a connection with the immortals.
(d) She wants Nausicaa to discover Odysseus.
5. How many youths are chosen for the black ship that Alcinous will provide Odysseus?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nausicaa, to whom should Odysseus first appeal when he gets to the court in Book 6?
2. Who killed Aegisthus for the murder of Agamemnon?
3. What does the first spirit to visit Odysseus in Hades ask him to do?
4. Why does Nausicaa go to the river in Book 6?
5. What color yarn does Nausicaa's mother spin?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)