|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most frustrated by Felix during the second poker game?
2. Why do the Pigeon sisters leave Oscar's apartment?
3. Where does Roy joke that he is going instead of staying at the poker game?
4. How does Vinnie feel about the look of Oscar's apartment after Felix moves in?
5. Why is Oscar excited about his date?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail how The Odd Couple has at least five of the crucial dramatic elements that we discuss in class.
Essay Topic 2
Define characterization in your own words, and describe in detail Neil Simon's methods of developing characterizations.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how Oscar, Felix, and the Pigeon Sisters demonstrate gender norms of the time period in which the play is set.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)