|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar leave in the bathroom that upsets Felix?
2. Why does Felix call his wife after he agrees to go on the date?
3. What do the Pigeon sisters think of Oscar's apartment?
4. What does Felix chide the poker players to use while they play?
5. Where does Roy joke that he is going instead of staying at the poker game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the symbolism of the game of poker in The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what a foil is, and explain how Oscar and Felix are foils for each other.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how Oscar, Felix, and the Pigeon Sisters demonstrate gender norms of the time period in which the play is set.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)