|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gwendolyn's husband's name?
2. Why is Felix doubtful about going on a date?
3. What do the poker players primarily do during the second poker game?
4. How are the Pigeon sisters personalities best described?
5. Around how much does Oscar lose in the second poker game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how Oscar, Felix, and the Pigeon Sisters demonstrate gender norms of the time period in which the play is set.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate what you think is the message Neil Simon is trying to send about human relationships in The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how The Odd Couple demonstrates the impact of divorce on middle-aged men.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)