|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Roy's personality best described?
2. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
3. What are the characters playing when the play begins?
4. What does the couples therapist call Felix?
5. Where does Felix go right after his wife throws him out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felix say when he leaves Oscar's apartment after their argument, and why?
2. What does Frances want when she calls Felix, and what does this make Felix realize?
3. What does Felix do to get rid of his sinus problems, and what does this reveal about Felix?
4. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
5. When Oscar gets angry with Felix after the second poker game, how does Felix respond?
6. What does Oscar demand that Felix does right before leaves?
7. What does Murray say as he leaves the second poker game, and why is this ironic?
8. Why does Oscar's wife leave him?
9. Where does Speed suggest that Felix may be in the first scene, and why is this humorous?
10. What is the climax of the play, as demonstrated in the final scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List your first impressions of Oscar and Felix in the first scene, and analyze whether these impressions prove to be correct.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of physical comedy in the storyline of The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 3
Determine what Neil Simon is trying to convey about the nature of friendship and loyalty in The Odd Couple.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)