|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
2. Where does Vinnie say he is going the morning after the first poker game?
3. How is Speed's personality best described?
4. Why do the other players make fun of Vinnie in the first scene?
5. What does Oscar primarily drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
2. What does Oscar demand that Felix does right before leaves?
3. What does Felix urge the poker players to do during the second game, and how do they react?
4. Why does Oscar say that he is kicking Felix out?
5. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have, and what does this show?
6. What are each of the Pigeon sisters' marriages like, and why do they end?
7. When Felix arrives at the first poker game, what does he admit to doing, and how is the situation resolved?
8. How does Felix ruin the date with the Pigeon sisters?
9. What does Oscar expect from his date with the Pigeon sisters, and why?
10. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail why it is important to study a performance of a play in addition to reading it in class.
Essay Topic 2
Determine what Neil Simon is trying to convey about the nature of friendship and loyalty in The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why you think Felix is so compulsive about neatness and order. What does this gain for him?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)