|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Felix's last name?
2. How is Roy's personality best described?
3. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
4. What is Oscar's last name?
5. How does Felix feel about his wife at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
2. Why do Oscar and his friends watch Felix very closely when he first arrives?
3. What happens to Felix's dinner, and why?
4. After Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, what does Oscar offer as a solution to help Felix?
5. Describe the friends with whom Oscar plays poker.
6. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
7. Why does Felix refuse to go the Pigeon sister's apartment, and how does Oscar react?
8. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
9. Why does Felix bring the Pigeon sisters to Oscar's apartment at the end of the play?
10. How do the other poker players respond to the news that Oscar has thrown Felix out, and why?
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail at least three attributes a person needs to be a good friend. Judge whether or not Felix and Oscar are good friends to each other.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the marriages and divorces of Oscar and Felix, and analyze what these events reveal about them as characters.
Essay Topic 3
List your first impressions of Oscar and Felix in the first scene, and analyze whether these impressions prove to be correct.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)