|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men gather to play poker every week?
2. Why do the other players make fun of Vinnie in the first scene?
3. What improvement does Frances want to make to the house?
4. How old does Felix say he is when he is toilet trained?
5. What are the other poker players worried Felix does?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Felix bring the Pigeon sisters to Oscar's apartment at the end of the play?
2. What does Felix do to get rid of his sinus problems, and what does this reveal about Felix?
3. Why do you think the poker players banter back and forth so much during the first poker game?
4. What does Oscar say at the end of his and Felix's last argument, and how does he emphasize his point?
5. Why do the poker players think that Felix is in danger of hurting himself?
6. Why does Oscar say that he is kicking Felix out?
7. Describe the friends with whom Oscar plays poker.
8. How does Felix ruin the date with the Pigeon sisters?
9. Why does the second poker game break up?
10. When Felix arrives at the first poker game, what does he admit to doing, and how is the situation resolved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why you think Felix is so compulsive about neatness and order. What does this gain for him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the basic elements of a plot, and give detailed examples of those elements from The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 3
Provide a detailed analysis of how The Odd Couple influences modern American drama.
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)