|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roy's occupation?
2. What malady does Felix first complain about in the second scene?
3. Oscar says that Felix is the only man in the world with:
4. Why is Roy upset with Speed in the first scene?
5. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Felix refuse to go the Pigeon sister's apartment, and how does Oscar react?
2. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
3. When the Murray, Speed, Vinnie, and Roy leave the first poker game, what do they say, and how does Oscar reassure them?
4. How is Gwendolyn different from Cecily?
5. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
6. What does Felix urge the poker players to do during the second game, and how do they react?
7. What happens when Felix tries to make conversation with the Pigeon sisters?
8. How does Felix act when he arrives at the first poker game?
9. Who is Blanche, and why does she call Oscar at the beginning of the play?
10. Why is this play called "The Odd Couple"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how Neil Simon manages to present serious situations in a humorous light.
Essay Topic 2
Provide a detailed analysis of how The Odd Couple influences modern American drama.
Essay Topic 3
List your first impressions of Oscar and Felix in the first scene, and analyze whether these impressions prove to be correct.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)