|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the other poker players worried Felix does?
2. What does Oscar primarily drink?
3. At the beginning of the play, how long is Oscar's refrigerator broken?
4. How is Roy's personality best described?
5. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the poker players decide to do when Felix arrives in the first scene, and why?
2. Why does Oscar's wife leave him?
3. Why does Felix refuse to go the Pigeon sister's apartment, and how does Oscar react?
4. When Oscar asks Felix to move in, what does Felix start doing? What does this foreshadow?
5. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
6. Why is Felix upset when Oscar arrives the night of their date with the Pigeon sisters?
7. How does Felix ruin the date with the Pigeon sisters?
8. What does Murray say as he leaves the second poker game, and why is this ironic?
9. When Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, why is Oscar upset with Felix?
10. What is the climax of the play, as demonstrated in the final scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how Neil Simon manages to present serious situations in a humorous light.
Essay Topic 2
List your first impressions of Oscar and Felix in the first scene, and analyze whether these impressions prove to be correct.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail how The Odd Couple has at least five of the crucial dramatic elements that we discuss in class.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)