|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
2. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
3. Where does Vinnie say he is going the morning after the first poker game?
4. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
5. How is Vinnie's personality best described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Felix's dinner, and why?
2. What do the poker players talk about during the last game, and why?
3. Where does Speed suggest that Felix may be in the first scene, and why is this humorous?
4. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
5. Describe the condition of Oscar's apartment at the beginning of the play. What does this say about Oscar?
6. Why is Speed upset with the state of the apartment during the second poker game?
7. How is the conflict between Felix and Oscar resolved at the end of the play?
8. How does Felix ruin the date with the Pigeon sisters?
9. What does Oscar demand that Felix does right before leaves?
10. What does Oscar expect from his date with the Pigeon sisters, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail why it is important to study a performance of a play in addition to reading it in class.
Essay Topic 2
Determine what Neil Simon is trying to convey about the nature of friendship and loyalty in The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 3
Define characterization in your own words, and describe in detail Neil Simon's methods of developing characterizations.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)