|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar primarily drink?
2. How is Speed's personality best described?
3. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
4. What is Felix's wife's name?
5. Which character is the most concerned about playing poker instead of talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the conflict between Felix and Oscar resolved at the end of the play?
2. Describe the friends with whom Oscar plays poker.
3. What is Felix obsessed with? Why do you think this is?
4. What does Felix do to get rid of his sinus problems, and what does this reveal about Felix?
5. Why is Speed upset with the state of the apartment during the second poker game?
6. What does Oscar expect from his date with the Pigeon sisters, and why?
7. How and why do Felix and Oscar argue at the beginning of the final scene?
8. When the Murray, Speed, Vinnie, and Roy leave the first poker game, what do they say, and how does Oscar reassure them?
9. What does Felix say when he leaves Oscar's apartment after their argument, and why?
10. What do the poker players talk about during the last game, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List your first impressions of Oscar and Felix in the first scene, and analyze whether these impressions prove to be correct.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how the setting of The Odd Couple influences the story.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of physical comedy in the storyline of The Odd Couple.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)