|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is The Odd Couple set?
2. What does Felix finally reveal to his friends?
3. Why does Frances call?
4. What is Oscar's wife's name?
5. Roy suggests chipping in to make what improvement to Oscar's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Felix says that he is nervous about the date, how does Oscar respond?
2. Why is this play called "The Odd Couple"?
3. When Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, why is Oscar upset with Felix?
4. What are each of the Pigeon sisters' marriages like, and why do they end?
5. What happens when Felix tries to make conversation with the Pigeon sisters?
6. When Oscar asks Felix to move in, what does Felix start doing? What does this foreshadow?
7. Who is Blanche, and why does she call Oscar at the beginning of the play?
8. Describe the condition of Oscar's apartment at the beginning of the play. What does this say about Oscar?
9. Why is Felix reluctant to go on a date, and why does he eventually agree to do it?
10. What is Felix obsessed with? Why do you think this is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how Oscar, Felix, and the Pigeon Sisters demonstrate gender norms of the time period in which the play is set.
Essay Topic 2
Provide a detailed analysis of how The Odd Couple influences modern American drama.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the marriages and divorces of Oscar and Felix, and analyze what these events reveal about them as characters.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)