|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have?
2. What is Roy's occupation?
3. What do the other poker players do as they leave Oscar's apartment?
4. Why does Oscar say that Felix can stay with him?
5. How does Felix startle the other characters when he first arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
2. When Oscar asks Felix to move in, what does Felix start doing? What does this foreshadow?
3. Describe the condition of Oscar's apartment at the beginning of the play. What does this say about Oscar?
4. When Felix says that he is nervous about the date, how does Oscar respond?
5. What happens to Felix the morning before the play begins, and why is this especially traumatic to Felix?
6. How does Felix act when he arrives at the first poker game?
7. Why does Felix bring the Pigeon sisters to Oscar's apartment at the end of the play?
8. What does Oscar demand that Felix does right before leaves?
9. Why does Oscar's wife leave him?
10. What do Roy and Murray say when Frances first calls, and what does this reveal about their attitudes towards women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List your first impressions of Oscar and Felix in the first scene, and analyze whether these impressions prove to be correct.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how Oscar, Felix, and the Pigeon Sisters demonstrate gender norms of the time period in which the play is set.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what a foil is, and explain how Oscar and Felix are foils for each other.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)