|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What malady does Felix first complain about in the second scene?
2. What are the other poker players worried Felix does?
3. How is Felix's crisis from earlier in the day averted?
4. Oscar says that Felix is the only man in the world with:
5. What is Roy's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felix do to get rid of his sinus problems, and what does this reveal about Felix?
2. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have, and what does this show?
3. Where does Speed suggest that Felix may be in the first scene, and why is this humorous?
4. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
5. What does Felix say when he leaves Oscar's apartment after their argument, and why?
6. Describe the condition of Oscar's apartment at the beginning of the play. What does this say about Oscar?
7. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
8. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
9. What does Oscar expect from his date with the Pigeon sisters, and why?
10. Why is Speed upset with the state of the apartment during the second poker game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Describe what a foil is, and explain how Oscar and Felix are foils for each other.
Essay Topic 2Determine what Neil Simon is trying to convey about the nature of friendship and loyalty in The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 3Explain in detail how The Odd Couple has at least five of the crucial dramatic elements that we discuss in class.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)