Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
2. What does Felix make his wife do?
3. What do the other poker players do as they leave Oscar's apartment?
4. What is Felix's wife's name?
5. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are each of the Pigeon sisters' marriages like, and why do they end?
2. Why does the second poker game break up?
3. Who is Blanche, and why does she call Oscar at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Oscar say at the end of his and Felix's last argument, and how does he emphasize his point?
5. What happens to Felix's dinner, and why?
6. Why does Oscar's wife leave him?
7. What does Frances want when she calls Felix, and what does this make Felix realize?
8. What are the poker players generally trying to do when Felix arrives?
9. How is the conflict between Felix and Oscar resolved at the end of the play?
10. Why does Felix bring the Pigeon sisters to Oscar's apartment at the end of the play?
List your first impressions of Oscar and Felix in the first scene, and analyze whether these impressions prove to be correct.
Compare and contrast the marriages and divorces of Oscar and Felix, and analyze what these events reveal about them as characters.
Describe the basic elements of a plot, and give detailed examples of those elements from The Odd Couple.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)