|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Oscar's wife angry with him?
2. During Oscar and Felix's first conversation alone, Felix jumps up and does what?
3. Why does Felix say that he cannot drink?
4. How long is Felix married?
5. Roy suggests chipping in to make what improvement to Oscar's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Pigeon sisters arrive with Felix, what do they say to Oscar?
2. What do the Pigeon sisters look like, and how do they act?
3. Why is Speed upset with the state of the apartment during the second poker game?
4. Why is Felix reluctant to go on a date, and why does he eventually agree to do it?
5. What does Felix do to get rid of his sinus problems, and what does this reveal about Felix?
6. Who is not worried about Felix at the beginning of the play, and why?
7. When the Murray, Speed, Vinnie, and Roy leave the first poker game, what do they say, and how does Oscar reassure them?
8. What does Oscar expect from his date with the Pigeon sisters, and why?
9. When Felix says that he is nervous about the date, how does Oscar respond?
10. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of physical comedy in the storyline of The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how the setting of The Odd Couple influences the story.
Essay Topic 3
List your first impressions of Oscar and Felix in the first scene, and analyze whether these impressions prove to be correct.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)