|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Felix married?
2. How many times is Felix late for poker before the play begins?
3. Oscar says that Felix is the only man in the world with:
4. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
5. What is Felix's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Pigeon sisters look like, and how do they act?
2. What does Oscar tell the other poker players to do in the last line of the play, and what does this show about Oscar?
3. What happens to Felix the morning before the play begins, and why is this especially traumatic to Felix?
4. Why does Murray like the fact that Felix lives with Oscar?
5. After Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, what does Oscar offer as a solution to help Felix?
6. How and why do Felix and Oscar argue at the beginning of the final scene?
7. What happens when Felix tries to make conversation with the Pigeon sisters?
8. Who is Blanche, and why does she call Oscar at the beginning of the play?
9. What do the poker players talk about during the last game, and why?
10. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how Neil Simon manages to present serious situations in a humorous light.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how The Odd Couple demonstrates the impact of divorce on middle-aged men.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what a foil is, and explain how Oscar and Felix are foils for each other.
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)