|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
2. What is wrong with the atmosphere in Oscar's apartment when the play starts?
3. What are the other poker players worried Felix does?
4. What malady does Felix first complain about in the second scene?
5. How is Murray's personality best described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Felix refuse to go the Pigeon sister's apartment, and how does Oscar react?
2. Why is this play called "The Odd Couple"?
3. What does Oscar say at the end of his and Felix's last argument, and how does he emphasize his point?
4. Who is not worried about Felix at the beginning of the play, and why?
5. What are the poker players generally trying to do when Felix arrives?
6. Why does Felix bring the Pigeon sisters to Oscar's apartment at the end of the play?
7. When the Pigeon sisters arrive with Felix, what do they say to Oscar?
8. Describe the condition of Oscar's apartment at the beginning of the play. What does this say about Oscar?
9. Who is Blanche, and why does she call Oscar at the beginning of the play?
10. When Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, why is Oscar upset with Felix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, analyze how Oscar and Felix develop as characters throughout the play.
Essay Topic 2
Provide a detailed analysis of how The Odd Couple influences modern American drama.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail at least three attributes a person needs to be a good friend. Judge whether or not Felix and Oscar are good friends to each other.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)