|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
2. How is Vinnie's personality best described?
3. Which character is the most concerned about playing poker instead of talking?
4. What does Oscar primarily drink?
5. What does Felix do the last time he is in a great deal of pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felix do to get rid of his sinus problems, and what does this reveal about Felix?
2. Why do the poker players think that Felix is in danger of hurting himself?
3. How do the other poker players respond to the news that Oscar has thrown Felix out, and why?
4. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
5. When Felix arrives at the first poker game, what does he admit to doing, and how is the situation resolved?
6. When the Murray, Speed, Vinnie, and Roy leave the first poker game, what do they say, and how does Oscar reassure them?
7. Why do Oscar and his friends watch Felix very closely when he first arrives?
8. Why is Felix upset when Oscar arrives the night of their date with the Pigeon sisters?
9. What does Felix expect from his date with Cecily and Gwendolyn, and why?
10. Why does Murray like the fact that Felix lives with Oscar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how both Felix and Oscar change as characters throughout the play.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail at least three attributes a person needs to be a good friend. Judge whether or not Felix and Oscar are good friends to each other.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail how The Odd Couple has at least five of the crucial dramatic elements that we discuss in class.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)