|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar do for a living?
2. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
3. Why do the poker players have trouble playing at the beginning of the play?
4. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
5. Why does Felix say that he cannot drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the poker players generally trying to do when Felix arrives?
2. When Oscar asks Felix to move in, what does Felix start doing? What does this foreshadow?
3. What does Felix expect from his date with Cecily and Gwendolyn, and why?
4. When Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, why is Oscar upset with Felix?
5. What happens when Felix tries to make conversation with the Pigeon sisters?
6. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have, and what does this show?
7. What does Oscar say at the end of his and Felix's last argument, and how does he emphasize his point?
8. What does Oscar demand that Felix does right before leaves?
9. What do Roy and Murray say when Frances first calls, and what does this reveal about their attitudes towards women?
10. Why is Felix upset when Oscar arrives the night of their date with the Pigeon sisters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define characterization in your own words, and describe in detail Neil Simon's methods of developing characterizations.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the basic elements of a plot, and give detailed examples of those elements from The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, analyze how Oscar and Felix develop as characters throughout the play.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)