Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Felix's last name?
2. How is Roy's personality best described?
3. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
4. What is Oscar's last name?
5. How does Felix feel about his wife at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
2. Why do Oscar and his friends watch Felix very closely when he first arrives?
3. What happens to Felix's dinner, and why?
4. After Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, what does Oscar offer as a solution to help Felix?
5. Describe the friends with whom Oscar plays poker.
6. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
7. Why does Felix refuse to go the Pigeon sister's apartment, and how does Oscar react?
8. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
9. Why does Felix bring the Pigeon sisters to Oscar's apartment at the end of the play?
10. How do the other poker players respond to the news that Oscar has thrown Felix out, and why?
Essay Topic 1
Provide a detailed analysis of how The Odd Couple influences modern American drama.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of physical comedy in the storyline of The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail how The Odd Couple has at least five of the crucial dramatic elements that we discuss in class.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)