|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Roy's personality best described?
2. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
3. Which character is the most concerned about playing poker instead of talking?
4. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
5. At the beginning of the play, how long is Oscar's refrigerator broken?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
2. Why is Felix reluctant to go on a date, and why does he eventually agree to do it?
3. What does Oscar demand that Felix does right before leaves?
4. Why do Oscar and his friends watch Felix very closely when he first arrives?
5. What is Felix obsessed with? Why do you think this is?
6. How and why do Felix and Oscar argue at the beginning of the final scene?
7. What are each of the Pigeon sisters' marriages like, and why do they end?
8. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
9. Why does Felix refuse to go the Pigeon sister's apartment, and how does Oscar react?
10. When Oscar asks Felix to move in, what does Felix start doing? What does this foreshadow?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the symbolism of the game of poker in The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play, analyze how Oscar and Felix develop as characters throughout the play.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how the setting of The Odd Couple influences the story.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)