|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Felix arrives at Oscar's apartment for the poker game, the other players decide to do what?
2. How many times is Felix late for poker before the play begins?
3. What is Roy's occupation?
4. What improvement does Frances want to make to the house?
5. How is Roy's personality best described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
2. Why do Oscar and his friends watch Felix very closely when he first arrives?
3. Why is Felix reluctant to go on a date, and why does he eventually agree to do it?
4. What are the poker players generally trying to do when Felix arrives?
5. Why does Oscar's wife leave him?
6. What does Oscar expect from his date with the Pigeon sisters, and why?
7. How is the conflict between Felix and Oscar resolved at the end of the play?
8. How and why do Felix and Oscar argue at the beginning of the final scene?
9. Where does Speed suggest that Felix may be in the first scene, and why is this humorous?
10. Why do the poker players think that Felix is in danger of hurting himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how Oscar, Felix, and the Pigeon Sisters demonstrate gender norms of the time period in which the play is set.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the marriages and divorces of Oscar and Felix, and analyze what these events reveal about them as characters.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how the setting of The Odd Couple influences the story.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)