|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
2. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
3. How is Murray's personality best described?
4. During Oscar and Felix's first conversation alone, Felix jumps up and does what?
5. What is Felix's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Felix bring the Pigeon sisters to Oscar's apartment at the end of the play?
2. What do the poker players decide to do when Felix arrives in the first scene, and why?
3. How is Gwendolyn different from Cecily?
4. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
5. What does Oscar demand that Felix does right before leaves?
6. What does Murray say as he leaves the second poker game, and why is this ironic?
7. Who is not worried about Felix at the beginning of the play, and why?
8. Why does Murray like the fact that Felix lives with Oscar?
9. How is the conflict between Felix and Oscar resolved at the end of the play?
10. How does Felix act when he arrives at the first poker game?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the symbolism of the game of poker in The Odd Couple.
Essay Topic 2
List your first impressions of Oscar and Felix in the first scene, and analyze whether these impressions prove to be correct.
Essay Topic 3
Define characterization in your own words, and describe in detail Neil Simon's methods of developing characterizations.
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)