|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felix start to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
3. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
4. What does Oscar do for a living?
5. Why does Frances call?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, why is Oscar upset with Felix?
2. What does Felix expect from his date with Cecily and Gwendolyn, and why?
3. Why is Felix reluctant to go on a date, and why does he eventually agree to do it?
4. What does Oscar say at the end of his and Felix's last argument, and how does he emphasize his point?
5. When Felix arrives at the first poker game, what does he admit to doing, and how is the situation resolved?
6. What do Roy and Murray say when Frances first calls, and what does this reveal about their attitudes towards women?
7. Why is Felix upset when Oscar arrives the night of their date with the Pigeon sisters?
8. When Oscar asks Felix to move in, what does Felix start doing? What does this foreshadow?
9. Describe the friends with whom Oscar plays poker.
10. When Felix says that he is nervous about the date, how does Oscar respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List your first impressions of Oscar and Felix in the first scene, and analyze whether these impressions prove to be correct.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how The Odd Couple demonstrates the impact of divorce on middle-aged men.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what a foil is, and explain how Oscar and Felix are foils for each other.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)