|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the poker players have trouble playing at the beginning of the play?
2. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
3. What does the couples therapist call Felix?
4. How is Roy's personality best described?
5. Why does Felix say that he is not going to try to hurt himself the night after the first poker game?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Oscar asks Felix to move in, what does Felix start doing? What does this foreshadow?
2. Why is Speed upset with the state of the apartment during the second poker game?
3. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have, and what does this show?
4. What does Felix expect from his date with Cecily and Gwendolyn, and why?
5. What are each of the Pigeon sisters' marriages like, and why do they end?
6. What do the Pigeon sisters look like, and how do they act?
7. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
8. Who is Blanche, and why does she call Oscar at the beginning of the play?
9. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
10. Why does Oscar say that he is kicking Felix out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail why it is important to study a performance of a play in addition to reading it in class.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why you think Felix is so compulsive about neatness and order. What does this gain for him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail at least three attributes a person needs to be a good friend. Judge whether or not Felix and Oscar are good friends to each other.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)