|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Warm and breezy.
(d) Cool and dry.
2. Why do the men gather to play poker every week?
(a) They do not know.
(b) They all live in the same building.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They have nothing else to do.
3. Oscar says that Felix is the only man in the world with:
(a) Clenched hair.
(b) Alphabetized records.
(c) A jewelry box.
(d) Shoes to match every outfit.
4. Why does Oscar say that Felix can stay with him?
(a) Felix cannot take care of himself.
(b) Oscar needs someone to watch his dog.
(c) Felix pays him rent.
(d) Oscar is lonely anyway.
5. Where does Felix go right after his wife throws him out?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Oscar's apartment.
(d) The park.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Felix late for poker before the play begins?
2. What does Felix start to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where does Vinnie say he is going the morning after the first poker game?
4. What does Oscar primarily drink?
5. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the poker players generally trying to do when Felix arrives?
2. What does Oscar demand that Felix does right before leaves?
3. What do Roy and Murray say when Frances first calls, and what does this reveal about their attitudes towards women?
4. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
5. What do the Pigeon sisters look like, and how do they act?
6. What does Murray say as he leaves the second poker game, and why is this ironic?
7. When the Murray, Speed, Vinnie, and Roy leave the first poker game, what do they say, and how does Oscar reassure them?
8. Why do you think the poker players banter back and forth so much during the first poker game?
9. What does Frances want when she calls Felix, and what does this make Felix realize?
10. Why does Oscar say that he is kicking Felix out?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)