|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the couples therapist call Felix?
(a) A lunatic.
(b) A fool.
(c) A kind man.
(d) A good provider.
2. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) Eight dollars and fifty cents.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
3. How does Felix feel about his wife at the beginning of the play?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He resents her.
(c) He cares for her, but not romantically.
(d) He still loves her.
4. Oscar says that Felix is the only man in the world with:
(a) Clenched hair.
(b) Alphabetized records.
(c) Shoes to match every outfit.
(d) A jewelry box.
5. Why is it difficult to breathe in Oscar's apartment when the play begins?
(a) The air is very dry.
(b) There is thick smoke in the air.
(c) It is at a very high altitude.
(d) It smells very bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Felix's crisis from earlier in the day averted?
2. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
3. Where does Vinnie say he is going the morning after the first poker game?
4. What are the other poker players worried Felix does?
5. Why do the other players make fun of Vinnie in the first scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
2. What does Felix say when he leaves Oscar's apartment after their argument, and why?
3. What does Frances want when she calls Felix, and what does this make Felix realize?
4. What are the poker players generally trying to do when Felix arrives?
5. Who is Blanche, and why does she call Oscar at the beginning of the play?
6. Why does Oscar's wife leave him?
7. What is Felix obsessed with? Why do you think this is?
8. What does Felix do to get rid of his sinus problems, and what does this reveal about Felix?
9. When Oscar gets angry with Felix after the second poker game, how does Felix respond?
10. When Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, why is Oscar upset with Felix?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)