|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first poker game, what do the players primarily talk about?
(a) Their wives.
(d) Other women.
2. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
(b) Gushes about his wife.
(c) Talks incessantly.
(d) Plays with his poker chips.
3. Roy suggests chipping in to make what improvement to Oscar's apartment?
(a) Install a fan.
(b) Make the bathroom bigger.
(c) Hire a maid.
(d) Replace the window.
4. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
(a) Go on vacation alone.
(b) Remodel the house.
(c) Throw a graduation party for one of their children.
(d) Renew their wedding vows.
5. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) Eight dollars and fifty cents.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Seven hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Murray's personality best described?
2. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
3. What does Oscar primarily drink?
4. How many children does Felix have?
5. What are the other poker players worried Felix does?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Oscar and his friends watch Felix very closely when he first arrives?
2. When Felix arrives at the first poker game, what does he admit to doing, and how is the situation resolved?
3. How does Felix act when he arrives at the first poker game?
4. Why does Felix refuse to go the Pigeon sister's apartment, and how does Oscar react?
5. What do the Pigeon sisters look like, and how do they act?
6. What is the climax of the play, as demonstrated in the final scene?
7. What does Felix say when he leaves Oscar's apartment after their argument, and why?
8. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
9. Why is this play called "The Odd Couple"?
10. What does Felix urge the poker players to do during the second game, and how do they react?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)