|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What improvement does Frances want to make to the house?
(a) Repaint the bedroom.
(b) Replace the tiles in the kitchen.
(c) Put new carpet in the living room.
(d) Renovate the bathroom.
2. Which character is the most concerned about playing poker instead of talking?
3. What is wrong with the atmosphere in Oscar's apartment when the play starts?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It is too crowded.
(d) There are insects everywhere.
4. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
5. Why do the other players make fun of Vinnie in the first scene?
(a) He always bluffs.
(b) He does not raise anyone.
(c) He eats daintily.
(d) He is worried about leaving on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Felix have?
2. How is Vinnie's personality best described?
3. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
4. Felix says that his divorce is hardest on who?
5. Why is Oscar's wife angry with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felix expect from his date with Cecily and Gwendolyn, and why?
2. How does Felix act when he arrives at the first poker game?
3. What do the Pigeon sisters look like, and how do they act?
4. Why do the poker players think that Felix is in danger of hurting himself?
5. How is the conflict between Felix and Oscar resolved at the end of the play?
6. Why does Murray like the fact that Felix lives with Oscar?
7. How does Felix ruin the date with the Pigeon sisters?
8. Where does Speed suggest that Felix may be in the first scene, and why is this humorous?
9. Why do you think the poker players banter back and forth so much during the first poker game?
10. What does Felix urge the poker players to do during the second game, and how do they react?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)