|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Murray's occupation?
(c) Police officer.
2. What is wrong with the atmosphere in Oscar's apartment when the play starts?
(a) It is too crowded.
(b) There are insects everywhere.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) It is too hot.
3. Where does Vinnie say he is going the morning after the first poker game?
4. When Felix is locked in a bathroom overnight, what does he do?
(a) Try to claw his way out.
(b) Spend the night sobbing.
(c) Wiote out his will on toilet paper.
(d) Clean the entire room.
5. Why do the poker players have trouble playing at the beginning of the play?
(a) They are missing two cards from the deck.
(b) They cannot keep track of their bets.
(c) The cards are sweaty.
(d) Oscar does not have enough poker chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What malady does Felix first complain about in the second scene?
2. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
3. When Felix arrives at Oscar's apartment for the poker game, the other players decide to do what?
4. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
5. What illness does Felix have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Felix refuse to go the Pigeon sister's apartment, and how does Oscar react?
2. What is the climax of the play, as demonstrated in the final scene?
3. When the Murray, Speed, Vinnie, and Roy leave the first poker game, what do they say, and how does Oscar reassure them?
4. How do the other poker players respond to the news that Oscar has thrown Felix out, and why?
5. What does Murray say as he leaves the second poker game, and why is this ironic?
6. After Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, what does Oscar offer as a solution to help Felix?
7. Where does Speed suggest that Felix may be in the first scene, and why is this humorous?
8. Why is Felix reluctant to go on a date, and why does he eventually agree to do it?
9. Describe the friends with whom Oscar plays poker.
10. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)