|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oscar's wife's name?
2. How is Speed's personality best described?
3. What does Felix make his wife do?
(a) Clean three times per day.
(b) Stay at home all the time.
(c) Keep an expense book.
(d) Cook the same thing every night.
4. What malady does Felix first complain about in the second scene?
(a) Neck spasms.
(b) A broken finger.
(c) Charlie horse.
(d) Massive headaches.
5. Where does Vinnie say he is going the morning after the first poker game?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar reassure the other players as they leave?
2. Why does Felix say that he is not going to try to hurt himself the night after the first poker game?
3. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
4. How far away from Oscar does Speed live?
5. What does the couples therapist call Felix?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oscar say that he is kicking Felix out?
2. How does Felix act when he arrives at the first poker game?
3. When the first scene of the second act opens, what does Felix do to Oscar's apartment?
4. Why do the poker players think that Felix is in danger of hurting himself?
5. Who is Blanche, and why does she call Oscar at the beginning of the play?
6. What does Oscar expect from his date with the Pigeon sisters, and why?
7. Why does the second poker game break up?
8. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
9. When Oscar asks Felix to move in, what does Felix start doing? What does this foreshadow?
10. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)