|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the poker players have trouble playing at the beginning of the play?
(a) Oscar does not have enough poker chips.
(b) They are missing two cards from the deck.
(c) They cannot keep track of their bets.
(d) The cards are sweaty.
2. What is Oscar's defining trait?
(a) He is very messy.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is bitter and mean.
(d) He is very neat.
3. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
(a) Prepares him a snack.
(b) Pours him a drink.
(c) Tells him he'll set him up on a date.
(d) Tells him he's better off.
4. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
(a) He gets a promotion.
(b) His wife leaves him.
(c) His brother dies.
(d) He wins the lottery.
5. Why is it difficult to breathe in Oscar's apartment when the play begins?
(a) It smells very bad.
(b) There is thick smoke in the air.
(c) The air is very dry.
(d) It is at a very high altitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have?
2. What illness does Felix have?
3. What is Oscar's wife's name?
4. What does Felix do the last time he is in a great deal of pain?
5. When Felix arrives at Oscar's apartment for the poker game, the other players decide to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the first scene of the second act opens, what does Felix do to Oscar's apartment?
2. When the Pigeon sisters arrive with Felix, what do they say to Oscar?
3. What happens to Felix the morning before the play begins, and why is this especially traumatic to Felix?
4. When Oscar asks Felix to move in, what does Felix start doing? What does this foreshadow?
5. What does Felix urge the poker players to do during the second game, and how do they react?
6. What are the poker players generally trying to do when Felix arrives?
7. How does Felix ruin the date with the Pigeon sisters?
8. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
9. What does Oscar expect from his date with the Pigeon sisters, and why?
10. How is Gwendolyn different from Cecily?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)