|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
(a) Gushes about his wife.
(b) Plays with his poker chips.
(d) Talks incessantly.
2. How is Roy's personality best described?
3. How does Oscar reassure the other players as they leave?
(a) Remind them that Felix is all talk.
(b) Tell them he takes Felix to the hospital.
(c) Tell them he ties Felix up so he can't hurt himself.
(d) Tell them Felix spends the night at Oscar's.
4. What does Felix's wife quip that Felix's tombstone says?
(a) "Felix Ungar, beloved family man."
(b) "Please don't litter."
(c) "Here stands Felix Ungar."
(d) "R.I.P. Felix Ungar, control freak."
5. What is Roy's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Felix is locked in a bathroom overnight, what does he do?
2. How is Murray's personality best described?
3. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
4. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have?
5. Which character is the most concerned about playing poker instead of talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Murray like the fact that Felix lives with Oscar?
2. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
3. How do the other poker players respond to the news that Oscar has thrown Felix out, and why?
4. What is the climax of the play, as demonstrated in the final scene?
5. Why doesn't Oscar and his friends want Felix to go to the bathroom alone, and why is this humorous?
6. How is the conflict between Felix and Oscar resolved at the end of the play?
7. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
8. Why is Felix upset when Oscar arrives the night of their date with the Pigeon sisters?
9. When Felix says that he is nervous about the date, how does Oscar respond?
10. Why is this play called "The Odd Couple"?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)