|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, how long is Oscar's refrigerator broken?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Why is Roy upset with Speed in the first scene?
(a) Speed is trying to peek at his hand.
(b) Speed keeps winning.
(c) Speed keeps blowing smoke in his face.
(d) Speed makes a comment about his wife.
3. What does Oscar do for a living?
(b) Construction worker.
4. Roy suggests chipping in to make what improvement to Oscar's apartment?
(a) Make the bathroom bigger.
(b) Replace the window.
(c) Install a fan.
(d) Hire a maid.
5. What does Felix finally reveal to his friends?
(a) He physically attacks his wife.
(b) He gets mugged.
(c) He considers jumping off a roof.
(d) He takes an entire bottle of pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Roy's personality best described?
2. What are the characters playing when the play begins?
3. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
4. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
5. Felix is described as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Murray say as he leaves the second poker game, and why is this ironic?
2. What does Oscar expect from his date with the Pigeon sisters, and why?
3. What do the poker players decide to do when Felix arrives in the first scene, and why?
4. Why do Oscar and his friends watch Felix very closely when he first arrives?
5. What do the Pigeon sisters look like, and how do they act?
6. Why does Felix refuse to go the Pigeon sister's apartment, and how does Oscar react?
7. What is Felix obsessed with? Why do you think this is?
8. Why is Speed upset with the state of the apartment during the second poker game?
9. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
10. When Felix says that he is nervous about the date, how does Oscar respond?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)