|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frances call?
(a) To tell Felix his clothes are on the curb.
(b) To ask Felix to come home.
(c) To find out when Felix is picking up his clothes.
(d) To try to work things out with Felix.
2. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
(a) Pours him a drink.
(b) Tells him he'll set him up on a date.
(c) Tells him he's better off.
(d) Prepares him a snack.
3. What is Roy's occupation?
4. What are the other poker players worried Felix does?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Hurt his wife.
(d) Cheat at cards.
5. Felix is described as what?
(b) A slob.
(c) Heavy set.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Felix say he is when he is toilet trained?
2. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
3. Felix says that his divorce is hardest on who?
4. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have?
5. What does the couples therapist call Felix?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Felix expect from his date with Cecily and Gwendolyn, and why?
2. What does Oscar tell the other poker players to do in the last line of the play, and what does this show about Oscar?
3. What does Frances want when she calls Felix, and what does this make Felix realize?
4. What do Roy and Murray say when Frances first calls, and what does this reveal about their attitudes towards women?
5. What does Murray say as he leaves the second poker game, and why is this ironic?
6. What do the poker players talk about during the last game, and why?
7. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
8. What are each of the Pigeon sisters' marriages like, and why do they end?
9. What is Felix obsessed with? Why do you think this is?
10. What does Felix say when he leaves Oscar's apartment after their argument, and why?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)