|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felix do the last time he is in a great deal of pain?
(a) Drive into a store.
(b) Falls down the stairs.
(c) Falls asleep at the wheel.
(d) Collapses on the floor.
2. Where is The Odd Couple set?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
3. At the beginning of the play, how long is Oscar's refrigerator broken?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
4. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Warm and breezy.
(d) Cool and dry.
5. Why does Frances call?
(a) To ask Felix to come home.
(b) To try to work things out with Felix.
(c) To find out when Felix is picking up his clothes.
(d) To tell Felix his clothes are on the curb.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Felix is locked in a bathroom overnight, what does he do?
2. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
3. How is Speed's personality best described?
4. How is Vinnie's personality best described?
5. What does Felix start to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have, and what does this show?
2. Why does Oscar say that he is kicking Felix out?
3. What does Felix expect from his date with Cecily and Gwendolyn, and why?
4. When Oscar asks Felix to move in, what does Felix start doing? What does this foreshadow?
5. How does Felix act when he arrives at the first poker game?
6. What embarrassing thing does Oscar do when the Pigeon sisters arrive, and what does this suggest about Oscar?
7. Where does Speed suggest that Felix may be in the first scene, and why is this humorous?
8. Describe the condition of Oscar's apartment at the beginning of the play. What does this say about Oscar?
9. When the first scene of the second act opens, what does Felix do to Oscar's apartment?
10. What is Felix obsessed with? Why do you think this is?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)