|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frances call?
(a) To tell Felix his clothes are on the curb.
(b) To find out when Felix is picking up his clothes.
(c) To try to work things out with Felix.
(d) To ask Felix to come home.
2. What is Felix's wife's name?
3. How far away from Oscar does Speed live?
(a) Three blocks.
(b) One mile.
(c) Two floors.
(d) Five miles.
4. Felix is described as what?
(b) Heavy set.
(d) A slob.
5. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
(a) Go on vacation alone.
(b) Remodel the house.
(c) Renew their wedding vows.
(d) Throw a graduation party for one of their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar reassure the other players as they leave?
2. Felix says that his divorce is hardest on who?
3. Which character is the most concerned about playing poker instead of talking?
4. What improvement does Frances want to make to the house?
5. How is Felix's crisis from earlier in the day averted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oscar expect from his date with the Pigeon sisters, and why?
2. What does Oscar say at the end of his and Felix's last argument, and how does he emphasize his point?
3. What does Felix say when he leaves Oscar's apartment after their argument, and why?
4. What does Oscar tell the other poker players to do in the last line of the play, and what does this show about Oscar?
5. What does Felix do to get rid of his sinus problems, and what does this reveal about Felix?
6. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
7. Why does the second poker game break up?
8. What does Murray say as he leaves the second poker game, and why is this ironic?
9. What happens when Felix tries to make conversation with the Pigeon sisters?
10. What do the poker players decide to do when Felix arrives in the first scene, and why?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)