|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Oscar's wife angry with him?
(a) He gets to keep their apartment.
(b) He owes her money.
(c) He forges her signature.
(d) He steals her car.
2. Where is The Odd Couple set?
(a) New York City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
3. What do the other poker players do as they leave Oscar's apartment?
(b) Try to get Felix to come to a bar.
(c) Offer to help Felix any way they can.
(d) Tell Felix to get over it.
4. How is Felix's crisis from earlier in the day averted?
(a) He throws up.
(b) He doesn't go through with it.
(c) He makes up with his wife.
(d) He goes to hospital.
5. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
(a) Gushes about his wife.
(c) Talks incessantly.
(d) Plays with his poker chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Murray's occupation?
2. During Oscar and Felix's first conversation alone, Felix jumps up and does what?
3. What does Oscar primarily drink?
4. When Felix is locked in a bathroom overnight, what does he do?
5. How long is Felix married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are each of the Pigeon sisters' marriages like, and why do they end?
2. How does Felix act when he arrives at the first poker game?
3. Why does Murray like the fact that Felix lives with Oscar?
4. What happens when Felix tries to make conversation with the Pigeon sisters?
5. When Felix arrives at the first poker game, what does he admit to doing, and how is the situation resolved?
6. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
7. What do the poker players decide to do when Felix arrives in the first scene, and why?
8. When the first scene of the second act opens, what does Felix do to Oscar's apartment?
9. Why doesn't Oscar and his friends want Felix to go to the bathroom alone, and why is this humorous?
10. What does Frances want when she calls Felix, and what does this make Felix realize?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)