|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar primarily drink?
(a) Vegetable juice.
2. Why is Roy upset with Speed in the first scene?
(a) Speed keeps blowing smoke in his face.
(b) Speed makes a comment about his wife.
(c) Speed keeps winning.
(d) Speed is trying to peek at his hand.
3. When Felix arrives at Oscar's apartment for the poker game, the other players decide to do what?
(a) Play a prank on Felix.
(b) Pretend that everything is normal.
(c) Through a party for Felix.
(d) Confront Felix about his marital problems.
4. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
5. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
(a) Felix is missing.
(b) Someone is cheating.
(c) Felix has an argument with Oscar.
(d) The ceiling is leaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felix start to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Where does Vinnie say he is going the morning after the first poker game?
3. During the first poker game, what do the players primarily talk about?
4. What is Felix's last name?
5. What illness does Felix have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Murray like the fact that Felix lives with Oscar?
2. Describe the condition of Oscar's apartment at the beginning of the play. What does this say about Oscar?
3. What do the poker players talk about during the last game, and why?
4. When Felix says that he is nervous about the date, how does Oscar respond?
5. What does Oscar tell the other poker players to do in the last line of the play, and what does this show about Oscar?
6. What is Felix obsessed with? Why do you think this is?
7. When the Pigeon sisters arrive with Felix, what do they say to Oscar?
8. What do the poker players decide to do when Felix arrives in the first scene, and why?
9. How do the other poker players respond to the news that Oscar has thrown Felix out, and why?
10. What happens to Felix's dinner, and why?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)