|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the most concerned about playing poker instead of talking?
2. How far away from Oscar does Speed live?
(a) Two floors.
(b) Three blocks.
(c) One mile.
(d) Five miles.
3. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
(a) He cries.
(b) He asks about others love life.
(c) He is completely silent.
(d) He sighs heavily.
4. How does Oscar reassure the other players as they leave?
(a) Tell them he ties Felix up so he can't hurt himself.
(b) Tell them he takes Felix to the hospital.
(c) Remind them that Felix is all talk.
(d) Tell them Felix spends the night at Oscar's.
5. What improvement does Frances want to make to the house?
(a) Replace the tiles in the kitchen.
(b) Put new carpet in the living room.
(c) Renovate the bathroom.
(d) Repaint the bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Felix feel about his wife at the beginning of the play?
2. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
3. What do the other poker players do as they leave Oscar's apartment?
4. What does Felix make his wife do?
5. What does Oscar do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
2. How is Gwendolyn different from Cecily?
3. What are each of the Pigeon sisters' marriages like, and why do they end?
4. What do the Pigeon sisters look like, and how do they act?
5. What does Oscar tell the other poker players to do in the last line of the play, and what does this show about Oscar?
6. What does Murray say as he leaves the second poker game, and why is this ironic?
7. What does Oscar demand that Felix does right before leaves?
8. How is the conflict between Felix and Oscar resolved at the end of the play?
9. Why do the poker players think that Felix is in danger of hurting himself?
10. What do the poker players talk about during the last game, and why?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)