|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
(a) Prepares him a snack.
(b) Tells him he'll set him up on a date.
(c) Pours him a drink.
(d) Tells him he's better off.
2. How does Felix describe the state of his marriage before the divorce?
(d) "Up and down".
3. What garbage dominates the apartment at the beginning of the play?
(a) Fast food wrappers.
(b) Pizza boxes.
(c) Napkins and paper towels.
(d) Plastic cups.
4. Where does Vinnie say he is going the morning after the first poker game?
5. What are the characters playing when the play begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Felix feel about his wife at the beginning of the play?
2. Why does Felix say that he cannot drink?
3. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
4. Why is Oscar's wife angry with him?
5. Why do the poker players have trouble playing at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Oscar and his friends want Felix to go to the bathroom alone, and why is this humorous?
2. When the Murray, Speed, Vinnie, and Roy leave the first poker game, what do they say, and how does Oscar reassure them?
3. After Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, what does Oscar offer as a solution to help Felix?
4. When the first scene of the second act opens, what does Felix do to Oscar's apartment?
5. What do the Pigeon sisters look like, and how do they act?
6. Describe the friends with whom Oscar plays poker.
7. Why is this play called "The Odd Couple"?
8. What does Frances want when she calls Felix, and what does this make Felix realize?
9. Why does Murray like the fact that Felix lives with Oscar?
10. What do the poker players talk about during the last game, and why?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)