|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oscar's last name?
2. What is Felix's wife's name?
3. What does Felix start to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
(a) Seven hundred dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Eight dollars and fifty cents.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
5. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
(b) Talks incessantly.
(c) Plays with his poker chips.
(d) Gushes about his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Felix married?
2. What does Felix finally reveal to his friends?
3. How is Murray's personality best described?
4. During the first poker game, what do the players primarily talk about?
5. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the condition of Oscar's apartment at the beginning of the play. What does this say about Oscar?
2. How do the other poker players respond to the news that Oscar has thrown Felix out, and why?
3. What do the poker players talk about during the last game, and why?
4. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have, and what does this show?
5. Why do you think the poker players banter back and forth so much during the first poker game?
6. What does Murray say as he leaves the second poker game, and why is this ironic?
7. Describe the friends with whom Oscar plays poker.
8. What do the poker players decide to do when Felix arrives in the first scene, and why?
9. Who is not worried about Felix at the beginning of the play, and why?
10. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)