|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Felix's last name?
2. How is Roy's personality best described?
3. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
(a) Someone is cheating.
(b) The ceiling is leaking.
(c) Felix has an argument with Oscar.
(d) Felix is missing.
4. What is Oscar's last name?
5. How does Felix feel about his wife at the beginning of the play?
(a) He resents her.
(b) He still loves her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He cares for her, but not romantically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
2. Roy suggests chipping in to make what improvement to Oscar's apartment?
3. What garbage dominates the apartment at the beginning of the play?
4. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
5. How long is Felix married?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the other poker players start to complain to Oscar about Felix, how does Oscar respond?
2. Why do Oscar and his friends watch Felix very closely when he first arrives?
3. What happens to Felix's dinner, and why?
4. After Felix and Oscar argue in the second act, what does Oscar offer as a solution to help Felix?
5. Describe the friends with whom Oscar plays poker.
6. Why does Oscar offer to let Felix move in?
7. Why does Felix refuse to go the Pigeon sister's apartment, and how does Oscar react?
8. How does Felix change the nature of the poker game the second time they play?
9. Why does Felix bring the Pigeon sisters to Oscar's apartment at the end of the play?
10. How do the other poker players respond to the news that Oscar has thrown Felix out, and why?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)