|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the other poker players worried Felix does?
(a) Hurt his wife.
(b) Cheat at cards.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Get drunk.
2. Felix says that his divorce is hardest on who?
(a) His parents.
(b) His children.
(d) His wife.
3. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
4. What is Oscar's wife's name?
5. What malady does Felix first complain about in the second scene?
(a) Massive headaches.
(b) Charlie horse.
(c) Neck spasms.
(d) A broken finger.
6. When Felix arrives at Oscar's apartment for the poker game, the other players decide to do what?
(a) Play a prank on Felix.
(b) Pretend that everything is normal.
(c) Confront Felix about his marital problems.
(d) Through a party for Felix.
7. What does the couples therapist call Felix?
(a) A good provider.
(b) A fool.
(c) A lunatic.
(d) A kind man.
8. What does Felix start to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. Why is Roy upset with Speed in the first scene?
(a) Speed is trying to peek at his hand.
(b) Speed makes a comment about his wife.
(c) Speed keeps blowing smoke in his face.
(d) Speed keeps winning.
10. Why do the men gather to play poker every week?
(a) They have nothing else to do.
(b) They do not know.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They all live in the same building.
11. How is Speed's personality best described?
12. Oscar says that Felix reacts badly to his divorce because Felix is:
13. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Cool and dry.
(c) Warm and breezy.
14. During Oscar and Felix's first conversation alone, Felix jumps up and does what?
(a) Hops on one leg.
(c) Begins to loudly sob.
(d) Runs from the room.
15. What does Oscar do for a living?
(b) Construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oscar says that Felix is the only man in the world with:
2. What illness does Felix have?
3. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
4. What is Felix's wife's name?
5. Which character is the most concerned about playing poker instead of talking?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)