|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Oscar and Felix's first conversation alone, Felix jumps up and does what?
(b) Runs from the room.
(c) Begins to loudly sob.
(d) Hops on one leg.
2. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
(a) Felix has an argument with Oscar.
(b) Felix is missing.
(c) Someone is cheating.
(d) The ceiling is leaking.
3. Why is Oscar's wife angry with him?
(a) He forges her signature.
(b) He owes her money.
(c) He steals her car.
(d) He gets to keep their apartment.
4. Where does Felix go right after his wife throws him out?
(a) Oscar's apartment.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The park.
(d) His mother's house.
5. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
(a) Tells him he'll set him up on a date.
(b) Prepares him a snack.
(c) Pours him a drink.
(d) Tells him he's better off.
6. How is Murray's personality best described?
7. Why does Felix say that he cannot drink?
(a) It is against his religion.
(b) His wife does not want him to.
(c) It makes him sick.
(d) It is unseemly.
8. How far away from Oscar does Speed live?
(a) Five miles.
(b) Two floors.
(c) Three blocks.
(d) One mile.
9. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
10. What does Felix start to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
11. What does Felix's wife quip that Felix's tombstone says?
(a) "Please don't litter."
(b) "Here stands Felix Ungar."
(c) "R.I.P. Felix Ungar, control freak."
(d) "Felix Ungar, beloved family man."
12. When Felix is locked in a bathroom overnight, what does he do?
(a) Clean the entire room.
(b) Wiote out his will on toilet paper.
(c) Try to claw his way out.
(d) Spend the night sobbing.
13. Why does Oscar say that Felix can stay with him?
(a) Felix pays him rent.
(b) Oscar is lonely anyway.
(c) Felix cannot take care of himself.
(d) Oscar needs someone to watch his dog.
14. How is Felix's crisis from earlier in the day averted?
(a) He throws up.
(b) He goes to hospital.
(c) He doesn't go through with it.
(d) He makes up with his wife.
15. Why do the other players make fun of Vinnie in the first scene?
(a) He always bluffs.
(b) He is worried about leaving on time.
(c) He does not raise anyone.
(d) He eats daintily.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Felix married?
2. Why does Felix say that he is not going to try to hurt himself the night after the first poker game?
3. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
4. What is Felix's last name?
5. Why is it difficult to breathe in Oscar's apartment when the play begins?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)