|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Speed's personality best described?
2. How does Felix feel about his wife at the beginning of the play?
(a) He still loves her.
(b) He resents her.
(c) He cares for her, but not romantically.
(d) He hates her.
3. How is Murray's personality best described?
4. What is Roy's occupation?
5. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
(b) Plays with his poker chips.
(c) Gushes about his wife.
(d) Talks incessantly.
6. Why is Roy upset with Speed in the first scene?
(a) Speed keeps blowing smoke in his face.
(b) Speed makes a comment about his wife.
(c) Speed is trying to peek at his hand.
(d) Speed keeps winning.
7. What garbage dominates the apartment at the beginning of the play?
(a) Napkins and paper towels.
(b) Pizza boxes.
(c) Fast food wrappers.
(d) Plastic cups.
8. What malady does Felix first complain about in the second scene?
(a) Neck spasms.
(b) Massive headaches.
(c) Charlie horse.
(d) A broken finger.
9. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
(a) The ceiling is leaking.
(b) Felix is missing.
(c) Felix has an argument with Oscar.
(d) Someone is cheating.
10. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
(a) Throw a graduation party for one of their children.
(b) Go on vacation alone.
(c) Remodel the house.
(d) Renew their wedding vows.
11. Why is Oscar's wife angry with him?
(a) He steals her car.
(b) He owes her money.
(c) He forges her signature.
(d) He gets to keep their apartment.
12. How does Felix startle the other characters when he first arrives?
(a) He slams a door.
(b) He breaks a window.
(c) He slams a book shut.
(d) He trips over a chair.
13. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
14. Felix says that his divorce is hardest on who?
(a) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) His parents.
15. What is wrong with the atmosphere in Oscar's apartment when the play starts?
(a) It is too hot.
(b) There are insects everywhere.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) It is too crowded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What improvement does Frances want to make to the house?
2. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
3. How far away from Oscar does Speed live?
4. What is Oscar's wife's name?
5. What do the other poker players do as they leave Oscar's apartment?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)