|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Felix married?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 8 years.
2. Why does Felix say that he cannot drink?
(a) It is unseemly.
(b) It is against his religion.
(c) His wife does not want him to.
(d) It makes him sick.
3. Why do the other players make fun of Vinnie in the first scene?
(a) He eats daintily.
(b) He always bluffs.
(c) He is worried about leaving on time.
(d) He does not raise anyone.
4. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
5. What does Felix's wife quip that Felix's tombstone says?
(a) "R.I.P. Felix Ungar, control freak."
(b) "Please don't litter."
(c) "Felix Ungar, beloved family man."
(d) "Here stands Felix Ungar."
6. When Felix arrives at Oscar's apartment for the poker game, the other players decide to do what?
(a) Through a party for Felix.
(b) Play a prank on Felix.
(c) Confront Felix about his marital problems.
(d) Pretend that everything is normal.
7. How does Felix feel about his wife at the beginning of the play?
(a) He still loves her.
(b) He resents her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He cares for her, but not romantically.
8. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have?
9. What are the other poker players worried Felix does?
(a) Cheat at cards.
(b) Hurt his wife.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Commit suicide.
10. How is Roy's personality best described?
11. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Cool and dry.
(b) Warm and breezy.
12. How many children does Felix have?
13. How old does Felix say he is when he is toilet trained?
(a) One year.
(b) Five months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Two years.
14. Oscar says that Felix is the only man in the world with:
(a) Alphabetized records.
(b) Clenched hair.
(c) A jewelry box.
(d) Shoes to match every outfit.
15. How far away from Oscar does Speed live?
(a) One mile.
(b) Two floors.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Three blocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felix start to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why is it difficult to breathe in Oscar's apartment when the play begins?
3. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
4. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
5. How many times is Felix late for poker before the play begins?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)