Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Felix's last name?
2. How is Roy's personality best described?
3. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
(a) Someone is cheating.
(b) The ceiling is leaking.
(c) Felix has an argument with Oscar.
(d) Felix is missing.
4. What is Oscar's last name?
5. How does Felix feel about his wife at the beginning of the play?
(a) He resents her.
(b) He still loves her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He cares for her, but not romantically.
6. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
(b) Talks incessantly.
(c) Gushes about his wife.
(d) Plays with his poker chips.
7. Roy suggests chipping in to make what improvement to Oscar's apartment?
(a) Make the bathroom bigger.
(b) Replace the window.
(c) Install a fan.
(d) Hire a maid.
8. What garbage dominates the apartment at the beginning of the play?
(a) Fast food wrappers.
(b) Napkins and paper towels.
(c) Plastic cups.
(d) Pizza boxes.
9. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
(a) Tells him he's better off.
(b) Tells him he'll set him up on a date.
(c) Pours him a drink.
(d) Prepares him a snack.
10. How long is Felix married?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 12 years.
11. Why is Roy upset with Speed in the first scene?
(a) Speed keeps winning.
(b) Speed makes a comment about his wife.
(c) Speed is trying to peek at his hand.
(d) Speed keeps blowing smoke in his face.
12. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
(a) His brother dies.
(b) He gets a promotion.
(c) His wife leaves him.
(d) He wins the lottery.
13. What improvement does Frances want to make to the house?
(a) Replace the tiles in the kitchen.
(b) Repaint the bedroom.
(c) Put new carpet in the living room.
(d) Renovate the bathroom.
14. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
(a) He is completely silent.
(b) He sighs heavily.
(c) He asks about others love life.
(d) He cries.
15. What is Oscar's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Oscar's wife angry with him?
2. Which character is the most concerned about playing poker instead of talking?
3. What does Felix do the last time he is in a great deal of pain?
4. Why does Oscar say that Felix can stay with him?
5. What is wrong with the atmosphere in Oscar's apartment when the play starts?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)