|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Felix late for poker before the play begins?
(b) Every week.
(c) Only twice.
2. What is Oscar's defining trait?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is bitter and mean.
(c) He is very neat.
(d) He is very messy.
3. Why is Oscar's wife angry with him?
(a) He owes her money.
(b) He steals her car.
(c) He gets to keep their apartment.
(d) He forges her signature.
4. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
5. What is Murray's occupation?
(d) Police officer.
6. What does Felix do the last time he is in a great deal of pain?
(a) Collapses on the floor.
(b) Drive into a store.
(c) Falls asleep at the wheel.
(d) Falls down the stairs.
7. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
(a) The ceiling is leaking.
(b) Felix has an argument with Oscar.
(c) Felix is missing.
(d) Someone is cheating.
8. Felix says that his divorce is hardest on who?
(a) His parents.
(c) His children.
(d) His wife.
9. What do the other poker players do as they leave Oscar's apartment?
(b) Try to get Felix to come to a bar.
(c) Tell Felix to get over it.
(d) Offer to help Felix any way they can.
10. What is Oscar's wife's name?
11. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
(a) Prepares him a snack.
(b) Tells him he'll set him up on a date.
(c) Pours him a drink.
(d) Tells him he's better off.
12. What does Oscar do for a living?
(b) Construction worker.
13. How is Roy's personality best described?
14. What is wrong with the atmosphere in Oscar's apartment when the play starts?
(a) There are insects everywhere.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It is too crowded.
(d) It is too cold.
15. Why is Roy upset with Speed in the first scene?
(a) Speed makes a comment about his wife.
(b) Speed keeps blowing smoke in his face.
(c) Speed is trying to peek at his hand.
(d) Speed keeps winning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What improvement does Frances want to make to the house?
2. How does Felix startle the other characters when he first arrives?
3. What are the other poker players worried Felix does?
4. How is Felix's crisis from earlier in the day averted?
5. During Oscar and Felix's first conversation alone, Felix jumps up and does what?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)