|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oscar's wife's name?
2. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
(a) He sighs heavily.
(b) He cries.
(c) He asks about others love life.
(d) He is completely silent.
3. How many times is Felix late for poker before the play begins?
(b) Every week.
(c) Only twice.
4. How does Oscar reassure the other players as they leave?
(a) Tell them he ties Felix up so he can't hurt himself.
(b) Tell them Felix spends the night at Oscar's.
(c) Tell them he takes Felix to the hospital.
(d) Remind them that Felix is all talk.
5. What is Oscar's last name?
6. Felix says that his divorce is hardest on who?
(a) His parents.
(b) His children.
(d) His wife.
7. How does Felix startle the other characters when he first arrives?
(a) He breaks a window.
(b) He trips over a chair.
(c) He slams a door.
(d) He slams a book shut.
8. How is Murray's personality best described?
9. Why does Frances call?
(a) To try to work things out with Felix.
(b) To find out when Felix is picking up his clothes.
(c) To tell Felix his clothes are on the curb.
(d) To ask Felix to come home.
10. During the first poker game, what do the players primarily talk about?
(b) Their wives.
(c) Other women.
11. What garbage dominates the apartment at the beginning of the play?
(a) Pizza boxes.
(b) Fast food wrappers.
(c) Napkins and paper towels.
(d) Plastic cups.
12. What is Oscar's defining trait?
(a) He is very messy.
(b) He is very neat.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is bitter and mean.
13. How is Felix's crisis from earlier in the day averted?
(a) He makes up with his wife.
(b) He doesn't go through with it.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He goes to hospital.
14. Felix is described as what?
(a) Heavy set.
(d) A slob.
15. Why is Roy upset with Speed in the first scene?
(a) Speed keeps blowing smoke in his face.
(b) Speed is trying to peek at his hand.
(c) Speed keeps winning.
(d) Speed makes a comment about his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Felix describe the state of his marriage before the divorce?
2. Why is it difficult to breathe in Oscar's apartment when the play begins?
3. How long is Felix married?
4. Oscar says that Felix is the only man in the world with:
5. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)