|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar primarily drink?
(b) Vegetable juice.
2. What illness does Felix have?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) Heart palpitations.
(c) Migraine headaches.
(d) Sinus problems.
3. How long is Felix married?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 8 years.
4. How is Speed's personality best described?
5. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
(a) Eight dollars and fifty cents.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
6. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
(a) Pours him a drink.
(b) Tells him he'll set him up on a date.
(c) Tells him he's better off.
(d) Prepares him a snack.
7. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
8. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
(a) Throw a graduation party for one of their children.
(b) Remodel the house.
(c) Go on vacation alone.
(d) Renew their wedding vows.
9. Where is The Odd Couple set?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
10. How does Felix startle the other characters when he first arrives?
(a) He trips over a chair.
(b) He slams a book shut.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He slams a door.
11. How is Roy's personality best described?
12. Why is Roy upset with Speed in the first scene?
(a) Speed keeps winning.
(b) Speed is trying to peek at his hand.
(c) Speed keeps blowing smoke in his face.
(d) Speed makes a comment about his wife.
13. What does Felix finally reveal to his friends?
(a) He considers jumping off a roof.
(b) He physically attacks his wife.
(c) He takes an entire bottle of pills.
(d) He gets mugged.
14. Why do the men gather to play poker every week?
(a) They all live in the same building.
(b) They do not know.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They have nothing else to do.
15. Why does Felix say that he is not going to try to hurt himself the night after the first poker game?
(a) He feels a lot better now.
(b) He feels sick.
(c) He is very tired.
(d) He would just fail at it anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Murray's personality best described?
2. What garbage dominates the apartment at the beginning of the play?
3. When Felix is locked in a bathroom overnight, what does he do?
4. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
5. What does Felix make his wife do?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)