|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
(a) His brother dies.
(b) He wins the lottery.
(c) He gets a promotion.
(d) His wife leaves him.
2. How does Oscar reassure the other players as they leave?
(a) Remind them that Felix is all talk.
(b) Tell them Felix spends the night at Oscar's.
(c) Tell them he takes Felix to the hospital.
(d) Tell them he ties Felix up so he can't hurt himself.
3. Where is The Odd Couple set?
(b) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) Eight dollars and fifty cents.
5. What does Felix's wife quip that Felix's tombstone says?
(a) "Felix Ungar, beloved family man."
(b) "Here stands Felix Ungar."
(c) "Please don't litter."
(d) "R.I.P. Felix Ungar, control freak."
6. Why do the other players make fun of Vinnie in the first scene?
(a) He eats daintily.
(b) He does not raise anyone.
(c) He always bluffs.
(d) He is worried about leaving on time.
7. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Warm and breezy.
(c) Cool and dry.
8. How many times is Felix late for poker before the play begins?
(a) Only twice.
(b) Every week.
9. What illness does Felix have?
(a) Migraine headaches.
(b) Sinus problems.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) Heart palpitations.
10. What does Oscar primarily drink?
(c) Vegetable juice.
11. What garbage dominates the apartment at the beginning of the play?
(a) Plastic cups.
(b) Pizza boxes.
(c) Fast food wrappers.
(d) Napkins and paper towels.
12. How many children does Felix have?
13. What is wrong with the atmosphere in Oscar's apartment when the play starts?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too crowded.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) There are insects everywhere.
14. What are the poker players worried about in the first scene?
(a) The ceiling is leaking.
(b) Felix is missing.
(c) Someone is cheating.
(d) Felix has an argument with Oscar.
15. How is Vinnie's personality best described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felix do the last time he is in a great deal of pain?
2. What is Felix's wife's name?
3. Why do the men gather to play poker every week?
4. What is Oscar's wife's name?
5. When Felix is locked in a bathroom overnight, what does he do?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)