|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
(a) He gets a promotion.
(b) His brother dies.
(c) He wins the lottery.
(d) His wife leaves him.
2. Where does Vinnie say he is going the morning after the first poker game?
3. What does Felix finally reveal to his friends?
(a) He physically attacks his wife.
(b) He considers jumping off a roof.
(c) He gets mugged.
(d) He takes an entire bottle of pills.
4. Where does Felix go right after his wife throws him out?
(a) The park.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Oscar's apartment.
(d) His mother's house.
5. What does the couples therapist call Felix?
(a) A fool.
(b) A kind man.
(c) A lunatic.
(d) A good provider.
6. How much does Oscar save while he is married?
(a) Seven hundred dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) Eight dollars and fifty cents.
7. Why is Oscar's wife angry with him?
(a) He steals her car.
(b) He forges her signature.
(c) He gets to keep their apartment.
(d) He owes her money.
8. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
9. At the beginning of the play, how long is Oscar's refrigerator broken?
(a) Three days.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
10. Why does Frances call?
(a) To tell Felix his clothes are on the curb.
(b) To find out when Felix is picking up his clothes.
(c) To try to work things out with Felix.
(d) To ask Felix to come home.
11. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Warm and breezy.
(c) Cool and dry.
12. How is Roy's personality best described?
13. How does Felix describe the state of his marriage before the divorce?
(d) "Up and down".
14. What does Felix make his wife do?
(a) Keep an expense book.
(b) Cook the same thing every night.
(c) Stay at home all the time.
(d) Clean three times per day.
15. Why do the poker players have trouble playing at the beginning of the play?
(a) The cards are sweaty.
(b) They are missing two cards from the deck.
(c) They cannot keep track of their bets.
(d) Oscar does not have enough poker chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar primarily drink?
2. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
3. When Felix arrives at Oscar's apartment for the poker game, the other players decide to do what?
4. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
5. Felix is described as what?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)