|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Oscar and Felix's first conversation alone, Felix jumps up and does what?
(b) Begins to loudly sob.
(c) Hops on one leg.
(d) Runs from the room.
2. What garbage dominates the apartment at the beginning of the play?
(a) Fast food wrappers.
(b) Napkins and paper towels.
(c) Pizza boxes.
(d) Plastic cups.
3. Why does Frances call?
(a) To find out when Felix is picking up his clothes.
(b) To try to work things out with Felix.
(c) To tell Felix his clothes are on the curb.
(d) To ask Felix to come home.
4. What improvement does Frances want to make to the house?
(a) Repaint the bedroom.
(b) Put new carpet in the living room.
(c) Replace the tiles in the kitchen.
(d) Renovate the bathroom.
5. When Felix arrives at Oscar's apartment for the poker game, the other players decide to do what?
(a) Confront Felix about his marital problems.
(b) Through a party for Felix.
(c) Play a prank on Felix.
(d) Pretend that everything is normal.
6. What does Felix's wife quip that Felix's tombstone says?
(a) "R.I.P. Felix Ungar, control freak."
(b) "Felix Ungar, beloved family man."
(c) "Please don't litter."
(d) "Here stands Felix Ungar."
7. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Cool and dry.
(b) Warm and breezy.
8. Roy suggests chipping in to make what improvement to Oscar's apartment?
(a) Install a fan.
(b) Replace the window.
(c) Make the bathroom bigger.
(d) Hire a maid.
9. How is Murray's personality best described?
10. Where is The Odd Couple set?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
11. How does Felix describe the state of his marriage before the divorce?
(c) "Up and down".
12. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
(a) He cries.
(b) He asks about others love life.
(c) He sighs heavily.
(d) He is completely silent.
13. How far away from Oscar does Speed live?
(a) Two floors.
(b) One mile.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Three blocks.
14. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have?
15. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
(a) Plays with his poker chips.
(c) Gushes about his wife.
(d) Talks incessantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Felix say that he is not going to try to hurt himself the night after the first poker game?
2. What is Roy's occupation?
3. How many times is Felix late for poker before the play begins?
4. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
5. Why do the men gather to play poker every week?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)