|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
2. What do the other poker players do as they leave Oscar's apartment?
(a) Tell Felix to get over it.
(b) Offer to help Felix any way they can.
(c) Try to get Felix to come to a bar.
3. When Felix arrives at Oscar's apartment for the poker game, the other players decide to do what?
(a) Pretend that everything is normal.
(b) Confront Felix about his marital problems.
(c) Through a party for Felix.
(d) Play a prank on Felix.
4. What is Felix's last name?
5. Why do the other players make fun of Vinnie in the first scene?
(a) He always bluffs.
(b) He eats daintily.
(c) He does not raise anyone.
(d) He is worried about leaving on time.
6. Why is Roy upset with Speed in the first scene?
(a) Speed is trying to peek at his hand.
(b) Speed keeps blowing smoke in his face.
(c) Speed keeps winning.
(d) Speed makes a comment about his wife.
7. Where is The Odd Couple set?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York City.
8. What does Oscar primarily drink?
(d) Vegetable juice.
9. Why does Felix say that he is not going to try to hurt himself the night after the first poker game?
(a) He feels sick.
(b) He feels a lot better now.
(c) He is very tired.
(d) He would just fail at it anyway.
10. What is Oscar's last name?
11. What is Felix's wife's name?
12. At the beginning of the play, how long is Oscar's refrigerator broken?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) One month.
13. What does the couples therapist call Felix?
(a) A kind man.
(b) A lunatic.
(c) A fool.
(d) A good provider.
14. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
(a) His brother dies.
(b) He wins the lottery.
(c) His wife leaves him.
(d) He gets a promotion.
15. How many times is Felix late for poker before the play begins?
(a) Only twice.
(c) Every week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Vinnie's personality best described?
2. Why does Oscar say that Felix can stay with him?
3. What does Felix start to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Felix make his wife do?
5. How is Murray's personality best described?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)