|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the poker players have trouble playing at the beginning of the play?
(a) The cards are sweaty.
(b) They are missing two cards from the deck.
(c) They cannot keep track of their bets.
(d) Oscar does not have enough poker chips.
2. Oscar says that Felix reacts badly to his divorce because Felix is:
3. Which of the following would you say Felix is NOT obsessive about?
4. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
(c) Cool and dry.
(d) Warm and breezy.
5. Why does Felix say that he cannot drink?
(a) His wife does not want him to.
(b) It is against his religion.
(c) It is unseemly.
(d) It makes him sick.
6. What are the characters playing when the play begins?
7. What does Felix start to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
8. During Oscar and Felix's first conversation alone, Felix jumps up and does what?
(a) Hops on one leg.
(b) Begins to loudly sob.
(c) Runs from the room.
9. How is Murray's personality best described?
10. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
11. What is Felix's last name?
12. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
(a) Prepares him a snack.
(b) Pours him a drink.
(c) Tells him he's better off.
(d) Tells him he'll set him up on a date.
13. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
(a) Throw a graduation party for one of their children.
(b) Remodel the house.
(c) Renew their wedding vows.
(d) Go on vacation alone.
14. How does Felix describe the state of his marriage before the divorce?
(d) "Up and down".
15. What is wrong with the atmosphere in Oscar's apartment when the play starts?
(a) It is too crowded.
(b) There are insects everywhere.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) It is too cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felix make his wife do?
2. What is Felix's wife's name?
3. How many children does Felix have?
4. What does the couples therapist call Felix?
5. Roy suggests chipping in to make what improvement to Oscar's apartment?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)