|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Roy's personality best described?
2. What is Felix's last name?
3. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
4. How far away from Oscar does Speed live?
(a) One mile.
(b) Two floors.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Three blocks.
5. How is Felix's crisis from earlier in the day averted?
(a) He doesn't go through with it.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He makes up with his wife.
(d) He goes to hospital.
6. How does Felix describe the state of his marriage before the divorce?
(c) "Up and down".
7. Why is Oscar's wife angry with him?
(a) He gets to keep their apartment.
(b) He steals her car.
(c) He forges her signature.
(d) He owes her money.
8. What is Felix's wife's name?
9. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
(a) Plays with his poker chips.
(b) Talks incessantly.
(d) Gushes about his wife.
10. What is the weather outside like at the beginning of the play?
(c) Warm and breezy.
(d) Cool and dry.
11. Oscar says that Felix reacts badly to his divorce because Felix is:
12. What does the couples therapist call Felix?
(a) A lunatic.
(b) A kind man.
(c) A good provider.
(d) A fool.
13. What does Felix's wife quip that Felix's tombstone says?
(a) "R.I.P. Felix Ungar, control freak."
(b) "Please don't litter."
(c) "Felix Ungar, beloved family man."
(d) "Here stands Felix Ungar."
14. Roy suggests chipping in to make what improvement to Oscar's apartment?
(a) Hire a maid.
(b) Install a fan.
(c) Replace the window.
(d) Make the bathroom bigger.
15. Felix says that his divorce is hardest on who?
(a) His parents.
(b) His wife.
(d) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
2. What does Oscar primarily drink?
3. How long is Felix married?
4. How does Oscar reassure the other players as they leave?
5. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)