|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oscar's wife's name?
2. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have?
3. How old does Felix say he is when he is toilet trained?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five months.
(c) One year.
(d) Eight months.
4. Why does Frances call?
(a) To tell Felix his clothes are on the curb.
(b) To try to work things out with Felix.
(c) To find out when Felix is picking up his clothes.
(d) To ask Felix to come home.
5. What does Felix mention that he and Frances are planning to do?
(a) Renew their wedding vows.
(b) Remodel the house.
(c) Go on vacation alone.
(d) Throw a graduation party for one of their children.
6. How many children does Felix have?
7. What are the characters playing when the play begins?
8. What does Vinnie do that annoys Speed during the first poker game?
(a) Gushes about his wife.
(b) Plays with his poker chips.
(c) Talks incessantly.
9. What does Felix's wife quip that Felix's tombstone says?
(a) "Here stands Felix Ungar."
(b) "Please don't litter."
(c) "R.I.P. Felix Ungar, control freak."
(d) "Felix Ungar, beloved family man."
10. What is Oscar's defining trait?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is very messy.
(c) He is bitter and mean.
(d) He is very neat.
11. How many times is Felix late for poker before the play begins?
(c) Only twice.
(d) Every week.
12. How is Felix's crisis from earlier in the day averted?
(a) He makes up with his wife.
(b) He doesn't go through with it.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He goes to hospital.
13. How does Felix startle the other characters when he first arrives?
(a) He slams a book shut.
(b) He breaks a window.
(c) He trips over a chair.
(d) He slams a door.
14. How does Felix describe the state of his marriage before the divorce?
(c) "Up and down".
15. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
(a) He is completely silent.
(b) He cries.
(c) He asks about others love life.
(d) He sighs heavily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
2. How is Roy's personality best described?
3. What does Felix do the last time he is in a great deal of pain?
4. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
5. What does Felix make his wife do?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)