|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the most concerned about playing poker instead of talking?
2. Why do the poker players have trouble playing at the beginning of the play?
(a) The cards are sweaty.
(b) They are missing two cards from the deck.
(c) They cannot keep track of their bets.
(d) Oscar does not have enough poker chips.
3. What does Felix finally reveal to his friends?
(a) He gets mugged.
(b) He considers jumping off a roof.
(c) He physically attacks his wife.
(d) He takes an entire bottle of pills.
4. How is Murray's personality best described?
5. How does Felix drop clues that all is not right?
(a) He sighs heavily.
(b) He is completely silent.
(c) He asks about others love life.
(d) He cries.
6. What is Oscar's wife's name?
7. How does Felix startle the other characters when he first arrives?
(a) He slams a book shut.
(b) He slams a door.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He trips over a chair.
8. How many children does Felix have?
9. What is Felix's wife's name?
10. Felix says that his divorce is hardest on who?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife.
(d) His parents.
11. What improvement does Frances want to make to the house?
(a) Renovate the bathroom.
(b) Put new carpet in the living room.
(c) Repaint the bedroom.
(d) Replace the tiles in the kitchen.
12. Where is The Odd Couple set?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
13. After the other players leave, how does Oscar try to comfort Felix?
(a) Tells him he'll set him up on a date.
(b) Prepares him a snack.
(c) Pours him a drink.
(d) Tells him he's better off.
14. Where does Vinnie say he is going the morning after the first poker game?
15. How many times is the poker interrupted by the phone in the first scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frances call?
2. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
3. What is Oscar's defining trait?
4. Why is it difficult to breathe in Oscar's apartment when the play begins?
5. What malady does Felix first complain about in the second scene?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)