Act 1, Scene 1 and Analysis
1. What are the characters playing when the play begins?
2. What is wrong with the atmosphere in Oscar's apartment when the play starts?
(a) It is too crowded.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) There are insects everywhere.
(d) It is too hot.
3. Why is it difficult to breathe in Oscar's apartment when the play begins?
(a) The air is very dry.
(b) It is at a very high altitude.
(c) It smells very bad.
(d) There is thick smoke in the air.
4. What is Murray's occupation?
(d) Police officer.
5. What is Roy's occupation?
6. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have?
7. What is Oscar's defining trait?
(a) He is very messy.
(b) He is bitter and mean.
(c) He is very neat.
(d) He is depressed.
8. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
(a) He wins the lottery.
(b) His brother dies.
(c) He gets a promotion.
(d) His wife leaves him.
This section contains 4,198 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)