Act 1, Scene 1 and Analysis
1. What are the characters playing when the play begins?
2. What is wrong with the atmosphere in Oscar's apartment when the play starts?
(a) It is too hot.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) There are insects everywhere.
(d) It is too crowded.
3. Why is it difficult to breathe in Oscar's apartment when the play begins?
(a) The air is very dry.
(b) It smells very bad.
(c) It is at a very high altitude.
(d) There is thick smoke in the air.
4. What is Murray's occupation?
(d) Police officer.
5. What is Roy's occupation?
6. How many rooms does Oscar's apartment have?
7. What is Oscar's defining trait?
(a) He is very messy.
(b) He is very neat.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is bitter and mean.
8. What major event happens to Oscar before the play starts?
(a) He gets a promotion.
(b) His wife leaves him.
(c) He wins the lottery.
(d) His brother dies.
This section contains 4,198 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)