|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ozzie tell Odd that people will find the truth of life in?
2. What does Odd say that Poltergeists are?
3. What does Odd find in his apartment when he arrives?
4. What does Odd use as a weapon when confronted by the coyotes in Chapter 37?
5. What does Odd see that Granny Sugars had always said was an omen of bad cards in poker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find in Robertson's freezer?
2. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
3. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
4. What does Odd suspect about Cymry?
5. What do Stormy and Odd talk about in Chapter 27 when she tells Odd she is in a hurry to get married?
6. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
7. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
8. Explain what happens in Chapter 52 when Odd goes to see his mother.
9. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
10. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Why is it that Stormy refuses to stay home from work even though she has been very worried about Odd?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Stormy may regret her choice?
Part 3) What does it say about Stormy that she was willing to get a tattoo so that she and Odd had matching birthmarks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Elvis's character.
Part 1) What is Elvis's role in the story?
Part 2) Is it significant that events that were to take place were between Elvis's death anniversary and the anniversary of his mother's death? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Odd seems to have no grand ambitions in the story.
Part 1) Why does Odd not give thought to starting up some business even if only in his small town? Does this indicate anything about Odd's personality?
Part 2) Is there a possibility that Odd wants to go to work at the tire shop because of the ghost that seems to be stuck there? Explain.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)