|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd find in the church?
2. What does Shamus say was found in the freezer of a practicing satanist he knew who claimed to have hated his mother?
3. What does Shamus call Odd?
4. Why does Odd explain is the reason that most people don't want to open their minds to the supernatural as he explains it in Chapter 24?
5. What does Odd realize after looking at Robertson's body more closely?
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What is one of the major themes in this story? In what ways is this theme shown? Could this be a theme for other books in this series?
Part 2) When Odd alludes to what is going to happen later in the story does this seem to be the same as foreshadowing? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why is it that Stormy refuses to stay home from work even though she has been very worried about Odd?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Stormy may regret her choice?
Part 3) What does it say about Stormy that she was willing to get a tattoo so that she and Odd had matching birthmarks?
Essay Topic 3
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,386 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)