|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the card that Odd retrieved from Robertson identified as?
2. Where does Mr. Takuda say he is going that day that Odd tries to talk him out of?
3. What does Odd find in the church?
4. What does Odd's father ask him?
5. What does Odd see when he leaves Stormy's apartment in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
2. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
3. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
4. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
5. What do Stormy and Odd talk about in Chapter 27 when she tells Odd she is in a hurry to get married?
6. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
7. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
8. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
9. What does Odd find in Robertson's freezer?
10. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What is one of the major themes in this story? In what ways is this theme shown? Could this be a theme for other books in this series?
Part 2) When Odd alludes to what is going to happen later in the story does this seem to be the same as foreshadowing? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Elvis's character.
Part 1) What is Elvis's role in the story?
Part 2) Is it significant that events that were to take place were between Elvis's death anniversary and the anniversary of his mother's death? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)