|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shamus say was found in the freezer of a practicing satanist he knew who claimed to have hated his mother?
2. What does Odd realize after looking at Robertson's body more closely?
3. Why is it that Odd doesn't want to go into the Green Moon Lanes?
4. What does Odd say that he doesn't long for?
5. Where does Mr. Takuda say he is going that day that Odd tries to talk him out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
2. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
3. What do Stormy and Odd talk about in Chapter 27 when she tells Odd she is in a hurry to get married?
4. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
5. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
6. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
7. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
8. Explain what Odd decides to do after he finds Robertson's body in his bathroom.
9. What does Odd find in Robertson's freezer?
10. Why does Odd explain that he is feeling guilty about Bob Robertson's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
Essay Topic 2
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Is it believable that the conspirators in the story were devil worshipers?
Part 2) Does the description given coincide with the preconceived notion you already have about the behavior of what Satanic servants would be? Explain in what ways the author used any unique ideas in this description.
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)