|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ozzie tell Odd that people will find the truth of life in?
2. What climbs out of Robertson's mouth?
3. What does Viola explain she has planned for August 15?
4. Who does Odd tell his father he believes has the answers he needs?
5. What does Odd see when the female ghost in chapter thirty-eight unfolds her arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
2. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
3. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
4. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
5. What does Odd suspect about Cymry?
6. Explain what happens in Chapter 52 when Odd goes to see his mother.
7. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
8. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
9. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
10. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the bodachs.
Part 1) Is it believable that the bodachs manipulated Odd in order to help the satan worshipers carry out their plans for muder? Explain your reasoning.
Part 2) Since all four characters involved in the shooting and Robertson moved to Pico Mundo in order to commit this crime it is possible that the bodachs somehow lead the men here in order to get to Odd? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Did the bodachs get between Odd and Varner knowing that it will limit Odd's view of Varner? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What is one of the major themes in this story? In what ways is this theme shown? Could this be a theme for other books in this series?
Part 2) When Odd alludes to what is going to happen later in the story does this seem to be the same as foreshadowing? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Is it believable that the conspirators in the story were devil worshipers?
Part 2) Does the description given coincide with the preconceived notion you already have about the behavior of what Satanic servants would be? Explain in what ways the author used any unique ideas in this description.
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)