|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter thirty-six what does Odd say he doesn't trust Robertson to do?
2. What does Odd find when he goes to the chief's house in Chapter 39?
3. What does Odd find in the church?
4. Where does Odd say that Stormy has gotten most of the objects used to furnish her apartment?
5. What does Odd notice when he is forced to touch Bob Robertson while moving Robertson out of the bathtub?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
2. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
3. Describe the scene when Odd goes to see his father.
4. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
5. What do Stormy and Odd talk about in Chapter 27 when she tells Odd she is in a hurry to get married?
6. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
7. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
8. Explain what Odd decides to do after he finds Robertson's body in his bathroom.
9. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
10. Explain what happens in Chapter 52 when Odd goes to see his mother.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Terri to Odd.
Part 1) Is it possible that Terri is a shadow of what Odd will become in his grieving for Stormy as Terri does for her husband?
Part 2) In what ways are Terri and Odd different?
Essay Topic 2
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Odd is recounting these events in his own memoirs.
Part 1) Given the way that Odd is talking while writing the memoirs and the way he spoke before is there any indication to show a great change that he himself seems to sense? Explain.
Part 2) Ozzie tells Odd to keep the mood light. What is the purpose of Ozzie telling Odd this?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)