|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Odd say that Stormy has gotten most of the objects used to furnish her apartment?
2. In chapter thirty-six what does Odd say he doesn't trust Robertson to do?
3. Where does Mr. Takuda say he is going that day that Odd tries to talk him out of?
4. Why did Odd's mother point a gun at him when he was five?
5. What does Odd find in his bathroom in Chapter 31?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Thomas says 'A flipped fork flicked my forehead' in chapter fifty-one while explaining how he got an injury caused by Robertson.
Part 1) Could this piece of alliteration also be a tongue twister? Are there other moments of alliteration used in the story?
Part 2) What other literary tools does the author use in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Odd has dreams when he sleeps.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would effect a person to dream of people dying when you were a child.
Part 2) Does it seem more likely that Odd inherited this gift/curse, like his supposed aunt Cymry, or that it was a result of the trauma experienced at the hands of his mother?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)