|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Takuda say that Odd would poison his life with if he put into it?
2. What does Odd say he knows to be true although he doesn't know much about our life?
3. What does Shamus say that the card says?
4. What does Shamus say was found in the freezer of a practicing satanist he knew who claimed to have hated his mother?
5. What does the nurse advise Odd to do with Robertson's card?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd has dreams when he sleeps.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would effect a person to dream of people dying when you were a child.
Part 2) Does it seem more likely that Odd inherited this gift/curse, like his supposed aunt Cymry, or that it was a result of the trauma experienced at the hands of his mother?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
Essay Topic 3
Odd is recounting these events in his own memoirs.
Part 1) Given the way that Odd is talking while writing the memoirs and the way he spoke before is there any indication to show a great change that he himself seems to sense? Explain.
Part 2) Ozzie tells Odd to keep the mood light. What is the purpose of Ozzie telling Odd this?
This section contains 1,409 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)