|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young man behind the wheel of the truck die from when his truck struck the six-year-old English boy?
2. What is Odd afraid that Viola would say if he asked her if she saw death in him?
3. Why is it that Odd doesn't want to go into the Green Moon Lanes?
4. What fictional character does Odd NOT have a picture of because he feels he identifies with them?
5. What is the card that Odd retrieved from Robertson identified as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
2. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
3. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
4. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
5. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
6. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
7. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
8. Explain what Odd decides to do after he finds Robertson's body in his bathroom.
9. Why does Odd explain that he is feeling guilty about Bob Robertson's death?
10. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd was willing to do whatever it took to save Viola but he wasn't willing to say anything to the blond girl from the bowling alley.
Part 1) Explain the differences in these two characters for Odd.
Part 2) Why does the author chose never to name this girl and Odd chooses never to casually speak to her?
Essay Topic 2
Odd seems to have no grand ambitions in the story.
Part 1) Why does Odd not give thought to starting up some business even if only in his small town? Does this indicate anything about Odd's personality?
Part 2) Is there a possibility that Odd wants to go to work at the tire shop because of the ghost that seems to be stuck there? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
This story is the first in the series.
Part 1) Which of the subplots in the story will be continued over to the next in the series?
Part 2) Which of the characters in the story seem to be characters that the author would want to use again in the series? Which of the characters will most likely not bee seen again in the story?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)