|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roalia say has already been buy and talked to her in Chapter 44?
2. What does Shamus say that the card says?
3. What does Odd say that Poltergeists are?
4. What does Odd find in his apartment when he arrives?
5. How has Bob Robertson been killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
2. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
3. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
4. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
5. Explain what Odd does with the body and his reasoning behind it.
6. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
7. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
8. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
9. Explain what happens in Chapter 52 when Odd goes to see his mother.
10. What does Odd suspect about Cymry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the bodachs.
Part 1) Is it believable that the bodachs manipulated Odd in order to help the satan worshipers carry out their plans for muder? Explain your reasoning.
Part 2) Since all four characters involved in the shooting and Robertson moved to Pico Mundo in order to commit this crime it is possible that the bodachs somehow lead the men here in order to get to Odd? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Did the bodachs get between Odd and Varner knowing that it will limit Odd's view of Varner? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Odd was willing to do whatever it took to save Viola but he wasn't willing to say anything to the blond girl from the bowling alley.
Part 1) Explain the differences in these two characters for Odd.
Part 2) Why does the author chose never to name this girl and Odd chooses never to casually speak to her?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the chief's relationship with Odd.
Part 1) How is their relationship best described?
Part 2) What does it indicate that Odd is on the list of people to be allowed in when the chief is shot?
Part 3) What does the chief seem to indicate to Odd when questioning Odd about his future occupation after Odd helped to catch Harlo?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)