|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shamus' mother want him to be?
2. Where does Odd say that Stormy has gotten most of the objects used to furnish her apartment?
3. What does Odd see that Granny Sugars had always said was an omen of bad cards in poker?
4. What does Odd find in his bathroom in Chapter 31?
5. What is Odd afraid that Viola would say if he asked her if she saw death in him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
2. What does Odd explain in Chapter 35 he now knows about Robertson that he hadn't understood earlier when he went to Robertson's house?
3. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
4. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
5. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
6. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
7. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
8. Why does Odd explain that he is feeling guilty about Bob Robertson's death?
9. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
10. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Terri to Odd.
Part 1) Is it possible that Terri is a shadow of what Odd will become in his grieving for Stormy as Terri does for her husband?
Part 2) In what ways are Terri and Odd different?
Essay Topic 2
Thomas says 'A flipped fork flicked my forehead' in chapter fifty-one while explaining how he got an injury caused by Robertson.
Part 1) Could this piece of alliteration also be a tongue twister? Are there other moments of alliteration used in the story?
Part 2) What other literary tools does the author use in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Odd was willing to do whatever it took to save Viola but he wasn't willing to say anything to the blond girl from the bowling alley.
Part 1) Explain the differences in these two characters for Odd.
Part 2) Why does the author chose never to name this girl and Odd chooses never to casually speak to her?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)