|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Odd go to see in Chapter 51?
2. What does Odd realize the bullet wound on Robertson's chest has gone through?
3. What does Odd do with the moist towelettes?
4. What does the nurse advise Odd to do with Robertson's card?
5. In chapter thirty-six what does Odd say he doesn't trust Robertson to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
2. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
3. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
4. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
5. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
6. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
7. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
8. What does Odd explain in Chapter 35 he now knows about Robertson that he hadn't understood earlier when he went to Robertson's house?
9. Why does Odd explain that he is feeling guilty about Bob Robertson's death?
10. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the bodachs.
Part 1) Is it believable that the bodachs manipulated Odd in order to help the satan worshipers carry out their plans for muder? Explain your reasoning.
Part 2) Since all four characters involved in the shooting and Robertson moved to Pico Mundo in order to commit this crime it is possible that the bodachs somehow lead the men here in order to get to Odd? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Did the bodachs get between Odd and Varner knowing that it will limit Odd's view of Varner? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
Essay Topic 3
Ozzie, Terri and the chief all have a significant role in Odd's life.
Part 1) Compare these three characters and the place that they have in Odd's life.
Part 2) Terri is described as the mother figure and the chief is the father figure. What role does Ozzie seem to fall into?
Part 3) Speculate on the ways that Odd and Terri's relationship will change now that Odd has lost his love much like Terri did.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)