|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd realize after looking at Robertson's body more closely?
2. Who does Odd tell his father he believes has the answers he needs?
3. What can Odd remember his mother saying while he is dragging the body of Robertson in Chapter 37?
4. What fictional character does Odd NOT have a picture of because he feels he identifies with them?
5. Who does Odd say is afraid to move on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
2. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
3. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
4. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
5. Explain what happens in Chapter 52 when Odd goes to see his mother.
6. What does Odd explain in Chapter 35 he now knows about Robertson that he hadn't understood earlier when he went to Robertson's house?
7. Explain what Odd decides to do after he finds Robertson's body in his bathroom.
8. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
9. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
10. What does Odd find in Robertson's freezer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Terri to Odd.
Part 1) Is it possible that Terri is a shadow of what Odd will become in his grieving for Stormy as Terri does for her husband?
Part 2) In what ways are Terri and Odd different?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What is one of the major themes in this story? In what ways is this theme shown? Could this be a theme for other books in this series?
Part 2) When Odd alludes to what is going to happen later in the story does this seem to be the same as foreshadowing? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Is it believable that the conspirators in the story were devil worshipers?
Part 2) Does the description given coincide with the preconceived notion you already have about the behavior of what Satanic servants would be? Explain in what ways the author used any unique ideas in this description.
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)