|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Officer Varner say that the tattoo, POD, on his arm stands for?
2. What does Ozzie tell Odd that people will find the truth of life in?
3. What does Odd tell the gas station attendant happened to his forehead?
4. What does Odd find in the container in Robertson's freezer with the name Heather Johnson on it?
5. What does Odd say his mother qualifies as in his dictionary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
2. Why does Odd explain that he is feeling guilty about Bob Robertson's death?
3. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
4. Explain what Odd does with the body and his reasoning behind it.
5. Describe the scene when Odd goes to see his father.
6. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
7. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
8. What does Odd explain in Chapter 35 he now knows about Robertson that he hadn't understood earlier when he went to Robertson's house?
9. What does Odd suspect about Cymry?
10. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd is recounting these events in his own memoirs.
Part 1) Given the way that Odd is talking while writing the memoirs and the way he spoke before is there any indication to show a great change that he himself seems to sense? Explain.
Part 2) Ozzie tells Odd to keep the mood light. What is the purpose of Ozzie telling Odd this?
Essay Topic 2
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
Essay Topic 3
Ozzie, Terri and the chief all have a significant role in Odd's life.
Part 1) Compare these three characters and the place that they have in Odd's life.
Part 2) Terri is described as the mother figure and the chief is the father figure. What role does Ozzie seem to fall into?
Part 3) Speculate on the ways that Odd and Terri's relationship will change now that Odd has lost his love much like Terri did.
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)