|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fictional character does Odd NOT have a picture of because he feels he identifies with them?
2. What did the young man behind the wheel of the truck die from when his truck struck the six-year-old English boy?
3. What does Odd say that he doesn't long for?
4. What does Odd think as he looks at his mother while he leaves in Chapter 53?
5. In chapter thirty-six what does Odd say he doesn't trust Robertson to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
2. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
3. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
4. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
5. Explain what Odd does with the body and his reasoning behind it.
6. What do Stormy and Odd talk about in Chapter 27 when she tells Odd she is in a hurry to get married?
7. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
8. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
9. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
10. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why is it that Stormy refuses to stay home from work even though she has been very worried about Odd?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Stormy may regret her choice?
Part 3) What does it say about Stormy that she was willing to get a tattoo so that she and Odd had matching birthmarks?
Essay Topic 3
This story is the first in the series.
Part 1) Which of the subplots in the story will be continued over to the next in the series?
Part 2) Which of the characters in the story seem to be characters that the author would want to use again in the series? Which of the characters will most likely not bee seen again in the story?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)