|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say that he and his mother were free to discuss?
2. What does Odd say that he doesn't long for?
3. Why does Odd say that his father gave his mother a generous lifestyle to live in?
4. What did Shamus' mother want him to be?
5. What does Odd see in the room when he goes to check on Viola's daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
2. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
3. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
4. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
5. What do Stormy and Odd talk about in Chapter 27 when she tells Odd she is in a hurry to get married?
6. What does Odd explain in Chapter 35 he now knows about Robertson that he hadn't understood earlier when he went to Robertson's house?
7. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
8. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
9. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
10. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write about.
Part 1) Is there any indication that the prostitute at the church left after Odd spoke to her.
Part 2) Is it possible, or is there any indication that the coyotes that surrounded Odd at the church may have been influenced by something such as the bodachs?
Part 3) Speculate on what happened to Robertson after his group's plans were thwarted.
Essay Topic 2
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Terri to Odd.
Part 1) Is it possible that Terri is a shadow of what Odd will become in his grieving for Stormy as Terri does for her husband?
Part 2) In what ways are Terri and Odd different?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)