|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Bob Robertson been killed?
2. Who does Roalia say has already been buy and talked to her in Chapter 44?
3. What does Odd notice when he is forced to touch Bob Robertson while moving Robertson out of the bathtub?
4. What does Odd find in his apartment when he arrives?
5. What does Odd realize the bullet wound on Robertson's chest has gone through?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
2. Explain what Odd does with the body and his reasoning behind it.
3. Explain what Odd decides to do after he finds Robertson's body in his bathroom.
4. What does Odd find in Robertson's freezer?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
6. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
7. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
8. What does Odd explain in Chapter 35 he now knows about Robertson that he hadn't understood earlier when he went to Robertson's house?
9. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
10. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd was willing to do whatever it took to save Viola but he wasn't willing to say anything to the blond girl from the bowling alley.
Part 1) Explain the differences in these two characters for Odd.
Part 2) Why does the author chose never to name this girl and Odd chooses never to casually speak to her?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Is it believable that the conspirators in the story were devil worshipers?
Part 2) Does the description given coincide with the preconceived notion you already have about the behavior of what Satanic servants would be? Explain in what ways the author used any unique ideas in this description.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the chief's relationship with Odd.
Part 1) How is their relationship best described?
Part 2) What does it indicate that Odd is on the list of people to be allowed in when the chief is shot?
Part 3) What does the chief seem to indicate to Odd when questioning Odd about his future occupation after Odd helped to catch Harlo?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)