|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it that Odd doesn't want to go into the Green Moon Lanes?
2. What does Odd find in his apartment when he arrives?
3. Why does Odd say that his father gave his mother a generous lifestyle to live in?
4. What does Odd do with the moist towelettes?
5. What does Odd find in his bathroom in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
2. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
3. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
4. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
6. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
7. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
8. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
9. What does Odd find in Robertson's freezer?
10. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
Essay Topic 2
Odd was willing to do whatever it took to save Viola but he wasn't willing to say anything to the blond girl from the bowling alley.
Part 1) Explain the differences in these two characters for Odd.
Part 2) Why does the author chose never to name this girl and Odd chooses never to casually speak to her?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Terri to Odd.
Part 1) Is it possible that Terri is a shadow of what Odd will become in his grieving for Stormy as Terri does for her husband?
Part 2) In what ways are Terri and Odd different?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)