|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse advise Odd to do with Robertson's card?
2. What does the nurse say about the card?
3. What climbs out of Robertson's mouth?
4. What does Odd say that he and his mother were free to discuss?
5. What does Odd say his mother qualifies as in his dictionary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
2. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
3. Explain what happens in Chapter 52 when Odd goes to see his mother.
4. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
5. Explain what Odd decides to do after he finds Robertson's body in his bathroom.
6. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
7. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
8. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
9. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
10. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Terri to Odd.
Part 1) Is it possible that Terri is a shadow of what Odd will become in his grieving for Stormy as Terri does for her husband?
Part 2) In what ways are Terri and Odd different?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)