|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ozzie tell Odd that people will find the truth of life in?
2. What does Shamus call Odd?
3. What is the card that Odd retrieved from Robertson identified as?
4. Why does Odd explain is the reason that most people don't want to open their minds to the supernatural as he explains it in Chapter 24?
5. What does Odd notice when he is forced to touch Bob Robertson while moving Robertson out of the bathtub?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when Odd goes to see his father.
2. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
3. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
4. What does Odd explain in Chapter 35 he now knows about Robertson that he hadn't understood earlier when he went to Robertson's house?
5. Explain what Odd does with the body and his reasoning behind it.
6. What does Odd suspect about Cymry?
7. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
8. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
9. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
10. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd is recounting these events in his own memoirs.
Part 1) Given the way that Odd is talking while writing the memoirs and the way he spoke before is there any indication to show a great change that he himself seems to sense? Explain.
Part 2) Ozzie tells Odd to keep the mood light. What is the purpose of Ozzie telling Odd this?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why is it that Stormy refuses to stay home from work even though she has been very worried about Odd?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Stormy may regret her choice?
Part 3) What does it say about Stormy that she was willing to get a tattoo so that she and Odd had matching birthmarks?
Essay Topic 3
Odd was willing to do whatever it took to save Viola but he wasn't willing to say anything to the blond girl from the bowling alley.
Part 1) Explain the differences in these two characters for Odd.
Part 2) Why does the author chose never to name this girl and Odd chooses never to casually speak to her?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)