|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Odd realize has the same tattoo as Robertson?
2. What does Odd say that Poltergeists are?
3. What does Odd say that he and his mother were free to discuss?
4. What does Ozzie tell Odd that people will find the truth of life in?
5. What does Shamus say that the card says?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
2. What happens when Odd goes back to Robertson's house looking for a clue as to who is Robertson's partner?
3. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
4. Explain what Odd does with the body and his reasoning behind it.
5. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
6. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
7. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
8. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
9. Describe the scene when Odd goes to see his father.
10. Explain what happens in Chapter 52 when Odd goes to see his mother.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd has dreams when he sleeps.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would effect a person to dream of people dying when you were a child.
Part 2) Does it seem more likely that Odd inherited this gift/curse, like his supposed aunt Cymry, or that it was a result of the trauma experienced at the hands of his mother?
Essay Topic 2
Odd seems to have no grand ambitions in the story.
Part 1) Why does Odd not give thought to starting up some business even if only in his small town? Does this indicate anything about Odd's personality?
Part 2) Is there a possibility that Odd wants to go to work at the tire shop because of the ghost that seems to be stuck there? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)