|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say that Poltergeists are?
2. What does Odd realize the bullet wound on Robertson's chest has gone through?
3. What does Viola say that she can go on August 15 rather than stay home or go to the movies?
4. Who does Odd find waiting for him in the house after he hears a lamp break?
5. What does Odd find in his bathroom in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
2. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
3. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
4. Describe the scene when Odd goes to see his father.
5. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
6. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
8. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
9. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
10. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Elvis's character.
Part 1) What is Elvis's role in the story?
Part 2) Is it significant that events that were to take place were between Elvis's death anniversary and the anniversary of his mother's death? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)