|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd see when the female ghost in chapter thirty-eight unfolds her arms?
2. What does Odd tell the gas station attendant happened to his forehead?
3. What does Odd say that he and his mother were free to discuss?
4. What does Odd find in the container in Robertson's freezer with the name Heather Johnson on it?
5. Why did Odd's mother point a gun at him when he was five?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
2. What does Odd explain in Chapter 35 he now knows about Robertson that he hadn't understood earlier when he went to Robertson's house?
3. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
4. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
5. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
6. Describe the scene when Odd goes to see his father.
7. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
8. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
9. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
10. What do Stormy and Odd talk about in Chapter 27 when she tells Odd she is in a hurry to get married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write a short essay about.
Part 1) If you had been odd upon arriving at your home and finding a dead body what would you have done?
Part 2) When you realized that the shooter was going to be at the mall and that there were more than one what would you have done?
Part 3) What would your reaction have been to the black room in Robertson's home? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Odd seems to have no grand ambitions in the story.
Part 1) Why does Odd not give thought to starting up some business even if only in his small town? Does this indicate anything about Odd's personality?
Part 2) Is there a possibility that Odd wants to go to work at the tire shop because of the ghost that seems to be stuck there? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
This story is the first in the series.
Part 1) Which of the subplots in the story will be continued over to the next in the series?
Part 2) Which of the characters in the story seem to be characters that the author would want to use again in the series? Which of the characters will most likely not bee seen again in the story?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)