|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rafus Carter say he believes to be true about the person that shot the chief?
2. What frightens Odd when he arrives home in Chapter 30?
3. What does Odd see in the room when he goes to check on Viola's daughters?
4. What does Odd find when he goes to the chief's house in Chapter 39?
5. What does the nurse say about the card?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find in Robertson's freezer?
2. Describe the scene when Odd goes to see his father.
3. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
4. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
5. What does Odd suspect about Cymry?
6. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
7. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
8. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
9. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
10. Explain what Odd decides to do after he finds Robertson's body in his bathroom.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd seems to have no grand ambitions in the story.
Part 1) Why does Odd not give thought to starting up some business even if only in his small town? Does this indicate anything about Odd's personality?
Part 2) Is there a possibility that Odd wants to go to work at the tire shop because of the ghost that seems to be stuck there? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)