|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens Odd when he arrives home in Chapter 30?
2. What climbs out of Robertson's mouth?
3. What did the young man behind the wheel of the truck die from when his truck struck the six-year-old English boy?
4. What does Odd notice when he is forced to touch Bob Robertson while moving Robertson out of the bathtub?
5. What does Odd do with the moist towelettes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stormy and Odd talk about in Chapter 27 when she tells Odd she is in a hurry to get married?
2. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
3. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
4. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
5. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
6. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
7. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
8. What does Odd suspect about Cymry?
9. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
10. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Elvis's character.
Part 1) What is Elvis's role in the story?
Part 2) Is it significant that events that were to take place were between Elvis's death anniversary and the anniversary of his mother's death? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the chief's relationship with Odd.
Part 1) How is their relationship best described?
Part 2) What does it indicate that Odd is on the list of people to be allowed in when the chief is shot?
Part 3) What does the chief seem to indicate to Odd when questioning Odd about his future occupation after Odd helped to catch Harlo?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)