|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
2. In Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the altar at which most people worship?
3. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
4. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
5. What does Odd say about the connection between him and Stormy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
3. Describe the Fungus Man as Odd sees him in Chapter 5.
4. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
5. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
6. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
7. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
8. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
9. Describe Camp's End as it is explained in Chapter 9?
10. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Terri to Odd.
Part 1) Is it possible that Terri is a shadow of what Odd will become in his grieving for Stormy as Terri does for her husband?
Part 2) In what ways are Terri and Odd different?
Essay Topic 2
Odd seems to have no grand ambitions in the story.
Part 1) Why does Odd not give thought to starting up some business even if only in his small town? Does this indicate anything about Odd's personality?
Part 2) Is there a possibility that Odd wants to go to work at the tire shop because of the ghost that seems to be stuck there? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the bodachs.
Part 1) Is it believable that the bodachs manipulated Odd in order to help the satan worshipers carry out their plans for muder? Explain your reasoning.
Part 2) Since all four characters involved in the shooting and Robertson moved to Pico Mundo in order to commit this crime it is possible that the bodachs somehow lead the men here in order to get to Odd? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Did the bodachs get between Odd and Varner knowing that it will limit Odd's view of Varner? Explain.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)