|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the bodachs does Fungus Man have when he leaves the mall?
2. Where do Stormy and Odd eat in Chapter 18?
3. What does Odd tell the chief happens to people when they die?
4. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
5. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
2. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
3. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
6. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
7. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
8. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
9. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
10. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why is it that Stormy refuses to stay home from work even though she has been very worried about Odd?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Stormy may regret her choice?
Part 3) What does it say about Stormy that she was willing to get a tattoo so that she and Odd had matching birthmarks?
Essay Topic 3
Odd is recounting these events in his own memoirs.
Part 1) Given the way that Odd is talking while writing the memoirs and the way he spoke before is there any indication to show a great change that he himself seems to sense? Explain.
Part 2) Ozzie tells Odd to keep the mood light. What is the purpose of Ozzie telling Odd this?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)