|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
2. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
3. What does Odd see while walking to work in Chapter 4?
4. What does Odd say that heating and cooling does to the human mind?
5. What has Harlo put on the white pieces of felt?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
2. Describe what Odd feels when he watches the Fugus Man at Stormy's ice cream shop?
3. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
4. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
5. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
6. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
7. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
8. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
9. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
10. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Is it believable that the conspirators in the story were devil worshipers?
Part 2) Does the description given coincide with the preconceived notion you already have about the behavior of what Satanic servants would be? Explain in what ways the author used any unique ideas in this description.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)