|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Odd learn that Robertson got his large sum of money?
2. What does Odd say that heating and cooling does to the human mind?
3. What does Odd do after he sees himself enter the black room?
4. In chapter thirteen what does Odd realize that the black room is actually used as by Fungus Man?
5. What does Odd explain in chapter fourteen that his father is trying to do to get rich quick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
2. How does Odd describe the connection between Elvis and Terri in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mrs. Sanchez think has happened to her family?
4. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
5. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
6. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
7. What happens after Odd reenters the Fungus Man's house in Chapter 11?
8. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
9. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
10. In chapter one how does Odd describe what he is after he has confronted Harlo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Odd has dreams when he sleeps.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would effect a person to dream of people dying when you were a child.
Part 2) Does it seem more likely that Odd inherited this gift/curse, like his supposed aunt Cymry, or that it was a result of the trauma experienced at the hands of his mother?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Elvis's character.
Part 1) What is Elvis's role in the story?
Part 2) Is it significant that events that were to take place were between Elvis's death anniversary and the anniversary of his mother's death? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)