|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd tell the chief happens to people when they die?
2. What does Odd speculate about what makes the room turn into the black room?
3. How does Odd describe the man who ordered him to write this memoir, Boone?
4. What does Odd say that heating and cooling does to the human mind?
5. How did Rosalia Sanchez lose her sisters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
2. What does Odd explain in Chapter 35 he now knows about Robertson that he hadn't understood earlier when he went to Robertson's house?
3. Explain what happens when Ozzie, Viola and Terri come to visit Odd and tell him that Stormy died.
4. Explain the relationship that the murderers have.
5. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
6. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
7. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
8. Explain what Odd does with the body and his reasoning behind it.
9. Describe the places in which Odd has seen the bodachs, or expects he would have seen them, as he explains in Chapter 5.
10. What does Mrs. Sanchez think has happened to her family?
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Why is it that Stormy refuses to stay home from work even though she has been very worried about Odd?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Stormy may regret her choice?
Part 3) What does it say about Stormy that she was willing to get a tattoo so that she and Odd had matching birthmarks?
Essay Topic 2
Odd was willing to do whatever it took to save Viola but he wasn't willing to say anything to the blond girl from the bowling alley.
Part 1) Explain the differences in these two characters for Odd.
Part 2) Why does the author chose never to name this girl and Odd chooses never to casually speak to her?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
This section contains 2,255 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)