|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bodachs had Odd seen with Gary Tolliver in the days leading up to Gary murdering his entire family with a power drill?
2. What does Odd say happened to the boy that also could see the bodachs?
3. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
4. What does Odd say is the tallest building in Pico Mundo?
5. Who is Stormy's uncle?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
2. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
3. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
4. Describe the places in which Odd has seen the bodachs, or expects he would have seen them, as he explains in Chapter 5.
5. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
6. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
7. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
8. What happens after Odd reenters the Fungus Man's house in Chapter 11?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
10. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd has dreams when he sleeps.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would effect a person to dream of people dying when you were a child.
Part 2) Does it seem more likely that Odd inherited this gift/curse, like his supposed aunt Cymry, or that it was a result of the trauma experienced at the hands of his mother?
Essay Topic 2
Odd was willing to do whatever it took to save Viola but he wasn't willing to say anything to the blond girl from the bowling alley.
Part 1) Explain the differences in these two characters for Odd.
Part 2) Why does the author chose never to name this girl and Odd chooses never to casually speak to her?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)