|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
2. What does Odd say happened to the boy that also could see the bodachs?
3. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
4. What is the neighborhood called when Fungus Man drives to?
5. Who does Odd say is the only person who knows all of his secrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
2. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
3. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
4. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
5. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
6. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
7. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
8. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
9. Describe Camp's End as it is explained in Chapter 9?
10. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Why is it that Stormy refuses to stay home from work even though she has been very worried about Odd?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Stormy may regret her choice?
Part 3) What does it say about Stormy that she was willing to get a tattoo so that she and Odd had matching birthmarks?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the chief's relationship with Odd.
Part 1) How is their relationship best described?
Part 2) What does it indicate that Odd is on the list of people to be allowed in when the chief is shot?
Part 3) What does the chief seem to indicate to Odd when questioning Odd about his future occupation after Odd helped to catch Harlo?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas says 'A flipped fork flicked my forehead' in chapter fifty-one while explaining how he got an injury caused by Robertson.
Part 1) Could this piece of alliteration also be a tongue twister? Are there other moments of alliteration used in the story?
Part 2) What other literary tools does the author use in the story?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)