Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say bodachs seem to feed on and attracts them?
2. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
3. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
4. How many bodachs does Odd guess is surrounding the Fungus Man after he leaves the diner in Chapter 5?
5. When Odd looks in Fungus Man's file cabinet in chapter thirteen, what does Odd find under the name Robert Thomas Robertson, Fungus Man's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
2. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
3. Explain what happens when Ozzie, Viola and Terri come to visit Odd and tell him that Stormy died.
4. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
5. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
6. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
7. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
8. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
9. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
10. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
Discuss the chief's relationship with Odd.
Part 1) How is their relationship best described?
Part 2) What does it indicate that Odd is on the list of people to be allowed in when the chief is shot?
Part 3) What does the chief seem to indicate to Odd when questioning Odd about his future occupation after Odd helped to catch Harlo?
This story is the first in the series.
Part 1) Which of the subplots in the story will be continued over to the next in the series?
Part 2) Which of the characters in the story seem to be characters that the author would want to use again in the series? Which of the characters will most likely not bee seen again in the story?
Part 1) Why is it that Stormy refuses to stay home from work even though she has been very worried about Odd?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Stormy may regret her choice?
Part 3) What does it say about Stormy that she was willing to get a tattoo so that she and Odd had matching birthmarks?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)