|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say happened to the boy that also could see the bodachs?
2. What does Odd have to prove to his landlady, Rosalia Sanchez, every morning?
3. When Odd goes back into Fungus Man's house a second time in Chapter 11 what has changed?
4. Although Terri is old enough to be Odd's mother what does Odd say she is not enough of to be his mother?
5. What does Odd say bodachs seem to feed on and attracts them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
2. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
3. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
4. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
5. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
6. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
7. What happens after Odd reenters the Fungus Man's house in Chapter 11?
8. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
9. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
10. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write about.
Part 1) Is there any indication that the prostitute at the church left after Odd spoke to her.
Part 2) Is it possible, or is there any indication that the coyotes that surrounded Odd at the church may have been influenced by something such as the bodachs?
Part 3) Speculate on what happened to Robertson after his group's plans were thwarted.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What is one of the major themes in this story? In what ways is this theme shown? Could this be a theme for other books in this series?
Part 2) When Odd alludes to what is going to happen later in the story does this seem to be the same as foreshadowing? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the bodachs.
Part 1) Is it believable that the bodachs manipulated Odd in order to help the satan worshipers carry out their plans for muder? Explain your reasoning.
Part 2) Since all four characters involved in the shooting and Robertson moved to Pico Mundo in order to commit this crime it is possible that the bodachs somehow lead the men here in order to get to Odd? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Did the bodachs get between Odd and Varner knowing that it will limit Odd's view of Varner? Explain.
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)