|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stormy's uncle?
2. What does Odd say happened to the boy that also could see the bodachs?
3. Where does Odd learn that Robertson got his large sum of money?
4. In chapter thirteen what does Odd realize that the black room is actually used as by Fungus Man?
5. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Odd feels when he watches the Fugus Man at Stormy's ice cream shop?
2. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
3. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
4. In chapter one how does Odd describe what he is after he has confronted Harlo?
5. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
6. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
7. What does Stormy and Odd talk about when he first tells her about breaking into Robertson's house?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
9. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
10. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Elvis's character.
Part 1) What is Elvis's role in the story?
Part 2) Is it significant that events that were to take place were between Elvis's death anniversary and the anniversary of his mother's death? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the bodachs.
Part 1) Is it believable that the bodachs manipulated Odd in order to help the satan worshipers carry out their plans for muder? Explain your reasoning.
Part 2) Since all four characters involved in the shooting and Robertson moved to Pico Mundo in order to commit this crime it is possible that the bodachs somehow lead the men here in order to get to Odd? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Did the bodachs get between Odd and Varner knowing that it will limit Odd's view of Varner? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Odd seems to have no grand ambitions in the story.
Part 1) Why does Odd not give thought to starting up some business even if only in his small town? Does this indicate anything about Odd's personality?
Part 2) Is there a possibility that Odd wants to go to work at the tire shop because of the ghost that seems to be stuck there? Explain.
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)