|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Odd say draws the attention of the bodachs in addition to murders?
2. What does Terri offer to loan Odd to check out Fungus Man?
3. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
4. Who does Odd say is the only person who knows all of his secrets?
5. What does Odd think is possibly the reason that Terri is so obsessed with Elvis' life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
2. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
3. Describe what Odd feels when he watches the Fugus Man at Stormy's ice cream shop?
4. What happens after Odd reenters the Fungus Man's house in Chapter 11?
5. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
6. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
7. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
8. What does Mrs. Sanchez think has happened to her family?
9. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
10. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd is recounting these events in his own memoirs.
Part 1) Given the way that Odd is talking while writing the memoirs and the way he spoke before is there any indication to show a great change that he himself seems to sense? Explain.
Part 2) Ozzie tells Odd to keep the mood light. What is the purpose of Ozzie telling Odd this?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write about.
Part 1) Is there any indication that the prostitute at the church left after Odd spoke to her.
Part 2) Is it possible, or is there any indication that the coyotes that surrounded Odd at the church may have been influenced by something such as the bodachs?
Part 3) Speculate on what happened to Robertson after his group's plans were thwarted.
Essay Topic 3
This story is the first in the series.
Part 1) Which of the subplots in the story will be continued over to the next in the series?
Part 2) Which of the characters in the story seem to be characters that the author would want to use again in the series? Which of the characters will most likely not bee seen again in the story?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)