|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd NOT reply when Harlo asks how Odd is doing?
2. What are 'cardiac shingles' that are ordered in Chapter 5?
3. What does Odd say you hear if you hold a seashell up to your ear which was found while excavating for a new subdivision in Pico Mundo?
4. In Chapter 5 what does Odd compare being a short order cook to?
5. What does Odd see while walking to work in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd realize about the bodachs in Chapter 59?
2. What does Odd explain in Chapter 35 he now knows about Robertson that he hadn't understood earlier when he went to Robertson's house?
3. What does Stormy and Odd talk about when he first tells her about breaking into Robertson's house?
4. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
5. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
6. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
7. Explain what Odd decides to do after he finds Robertson's body in his bathroom.
8. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
9. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
10. Describe the Fungus Man as Odd sees him in Chapter 5.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ozzie, Terri and the chief all have a significant role in Odd's life.
Part 1) Compare these three characters and the place that they have in Odd's life.
Part 2) Terri is described as the mother figure and the chief is the father figure. What role does Ozzie seem to fall into?
Part 3) Speculate on the ways that Odd and Terri's relationship will change now that Odd has lost his love much like Terri did.
Essay Topic 2
Odd is recounting these events in his own memoirs.
Part 1) Given the way that Odd is talking while writing the memoirs and the way he spoke before is there any indication to show a great change that he himself seems to sense? Explain.
Part 2) Ozzie tells Odd to keep the mood light. What is the purpose of Ozzie telling Odd this?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
This section contains 2,095 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)