|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Odd describe the man who ordered him to write this memoir, Boone?
2. What does Odd hit Harlo with while Harlo is holding the little boy by the left foot?
3. In Chapter 5 what does Odd compare being a short order cook to?
4. What does Odd say Elvis seems to be doing in Chapter 14 that worries Odd?
5. What does Ozzie advise Odd to get after hearing about Robertson's house and the black room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
2. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
3. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
4. Describe the Fungus Man as Odd sees him in Chapter 5.
5. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
6. What does Stormy and Odd talk about when he first tells her about breaking into Robertson's house?
7. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
8. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
9. How does Odd describe the connection between Elvis and Terri in Chapter 6?
10. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
Essay Topic 2
This story is the first in the series.
Part 1) Which of the subplots in the story will be continued over to the next in the series?
Part 2) Which of the characters in the story seem to be characters that the author would want to use again in the series? Which of the characters will most likely not bee seen again in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Terri to Odd.
Part 1) Is it possible that Terri is a shadow of what Odd will become in his grieving for Stormy as Terri does for her husband?
Part 2) In what ways are Terri and Odd different?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)