|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13 who does Odd recognize in one of the pictures in Fungus Man's study?
2. In Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the altar at which most people worship?
3. What does Ozzie compare Robertson to in Chapter 17?
4. What does Stormy accuse Odd of having?
5. What does Stormy tell Odd that the bodachs are in the beginning of Chapter 8 when Odd tells her that there are three of them with the Fungus Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
2. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
4. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
5. What does Mrs. Sanchez think has happened to her family?
6. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
8. In chapter one how does Odd describe what he is after he has confronted Harlo?
9. How does Odd describe the connection between Elvis and Terri in Chapter 6?
10. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the bodachs.
Part 1) Is it believable that the bodachs manipulated Odd in order to help the satan worshipers carry out their plans for muder? Explain your reasoning.
Part 2) Since all four characters involved in the shooting and Robertson moved to Pico Mundo in order to commit this crime it is possible that the bodachs somehow lead the men here in order to get to Odd? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Did the bodachs get between Odd and Varner knowing that it will limit Odd's view of Varner? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
Essay Topic 3
Odd seems to have no grand ambitions in the story.
Part 1) Why does Odd not give thought to starting up some business even if only in his small town? Does this indicate anything about Odd's personality?
Part 2) Is there a possibility that Odd wants to go to work at the tire shop because of the ghost that seems to be stuck there? Explain.
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)