|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd hit Harlo with while Harlo is holding the little boy by the left foot?
2. When Odd travels into the room what does he turn and see standing in the doorway?
3. What does the female character in Ozzie's books do that his editor had said would make no one interested in the book?
4. What does Odd NOT say that Terri is for him?
5. Why does Odd suggest he had to confront Harlo right then?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
2. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
3. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
4. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
5. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
6. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
8. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
9. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
10. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)