|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd see in Chapter 14 before he leaves Robertson's house?
2. What does Odd say Elvis seems to be doing in Chapter 14 that worries Odd?
3. How many of the bodachs does Fungus Man have when he leaves the mall?
4. Who is sitting in the passenger seat of the car in chapter fourteen when Odd returns from Robertson's house?
5. What is Odd looking for when he first enters Fungus Man's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
2. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
3. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
4. In chapter one how does Odd describe what he is after he has confronted Harlo?
5. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
6. Describe the Fungus Man as Odd sees him in Chapter 5.
7. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
8. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
9. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
10. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
Essay Topic 2
Odd is recounting these events in his own memoirs.
Part 1) Given the way that Odd is talking while writing the memoirs and the way he spoke before is there any indication to show a great change that he himself seems to sense? Explain.
Part 2) Ozzie tells Odd to keep the mood light. What is the purpose of Ozzie telling Odd this?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What is one of the major themes in this story? In what ways is this theme shown? Could this be a theme for other books in this series?
Part 2) When Odd alludes to what is going to happen later in the story does this seem to be the same as foreshadowing? Explain.
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)