|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd hit Harlo with while Harlo is holding the little boy by the left foot?
2. How does Odd feel when he leaves Ozzie's house in Chapter 17?
3. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
4. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
5. What does Rosalia say has happened to her family rather than them having died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
2. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
3. What does Mrs. Sanchez think has happened to her family?
4. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
5. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
6. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
7. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
9. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
10. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the bodachs.
Part 1) Is it believable that the bodachs manipulated Odd in order to help the satan worshipers carry out their plans for muder? Explain your reasoning.
Part 2) Since all four characters involved in the shooting and Robertson moved to Pico Mundo in order to commit this crime it is possible that the bodachs somehow lead the men here in order to get to Odd? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Did the bodachs get between Odd and Varner knowing that it will limit Odd's view of Varner? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Why is it that Stormy refuses to stay home from work even though she has been very worried about Odd?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Stormy may regret her choice?
Part 3) What does it say about Stormy that she was willing to get a tattoo so that she and Odd had matching birthmarks?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)