Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say bodachs seem to feed on and attracts them?
2. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
3. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
4. How many bodachs does Odd guess is surrounding the Fungus Man after he leaves the diner in Chapter 5?
5. When Odd looks in Fungus Man's file cabinet in chapter thirteen, what does Odd find under the name Robert Thomas Robertson, Fungus Man's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
2. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
3. Explain what happens when Ozzie, Viola and Terri come to visit Odd and tell him that Stormy died.
4. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
5. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
6. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
7. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
8. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
9. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
10. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
Essay Topic 1
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the chief's relationship with Odd.
Part 1) How is their relationship best described?
Part 2) What does it indicate that Odd is on the list of people to be allowed in when the chief is shot?
Part 3) What does the chief seem to indicate to Odd when questioning Odd about his future occupation after Odd helped to catch Harlo?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the bodachs.
Part 1) Is it believable that the bodachs manipulated Odd in order to help the satan worshipers carry out their plans for muder? Explain your reasoning.
Part 2) Since all four characters involved in the shooting and Robertson moved to Pico Mundo in order to commit this crime it is possible that the bodachs somehow lead the men here in order to get to Odd? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Did the bodachs get between Odd and Varner knowing that it will limit Odd's view of Varner? Explain.
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)