|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Harlo put on the white pieces of felt?
2. In Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the altar at which most people worship?
3. What does Stormy tell Odd that the bodachs are in the beginning of Chapter 8 when Odd tells her that there are three of them with the Fungus Man?
4. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
5. When Odd goes back into Fungus Man's house a second time in Chapter 11 what has changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
2. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
3. What does Mrs. Sanchez think has happened to her family?
4. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
5. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
6. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
7. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
8. How does Odd describe the connection between Elvis and Terri in Chapter 6?
9. Describe the places in which Odd has seen the bodachs, or expects he would have seen them, as he explains in Chapter 5.
10. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd has dreams when he sleeps.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would effect a person to dream of people dying when you were a child.
Part 2) Does it seem more likely that Odd inherited this gift/curse, like his supposed aunt Cymry, or that it was a result of the trauma experienced at the hands of his mother?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write a short essay about.
Part 1) If you had been odd upon arriving at your home and finding a dead body what would you have done?
Part 2) When you realized that the shooter was going to be at the mall and that there were more than one what would you have done?
Part 3) What would your reaction have been to the black room in Robertson's home? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)