|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Odd goes back into Fungus Man's house a second time in Chapter 11 what has changed?
2. Who does Odd go to see after leaving Robertson's house?
3. What is Odd looking for when he first enters Fungus Man's home?
4. Who does Odd say that Horton Barks had had dinner with twenty years earlier?
5. What does Odd say that the Fungus Man's metabolism must be like if he can eat as much food as he orders in chapter five?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
3. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
4. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
5. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
6. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
7. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
8. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
9. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
10. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Thomas says 'A flipped fork flicked my forehead' in chapter fifty-one while explaining how he got an injury caused by Robertson.
Part 1) Could this piece of alliteration also be a tongue twister? Are there other moments of alliteration used in the story?
Part 2) What other literary tools does the author use in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)