|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd NOT say that the bodachs have reminded him of in Chapter 12?
2. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
3. What does Harlo drive?
4. What does Odd find in Fungus Man's house in the end of Chapter 9?
5. What does the police chief take when he first comes in the diner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
2. What does Stormy and Odd talk about when he first tells her about breaking into Robertson's house?
3. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
4. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
5. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
6. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
7. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
8. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
9. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
10. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thomas says 'A flipped fork flicked my forehead' in chapter fifty-one while explaining how he got an injury caused by Robertson.
Part 1) Could this piece of alliteration also be a tongue twister? Are there other moments of alliteration used in the story?
Part 2) What other literary tools does the author use in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Terri to Odd.
Part 1) Is it possible that Terri is a shadow of what Odd will become in his grieving for Stormy as Terri does for her husband?
Part 2) In what ways are Terri and Odd different?
Essay Topic 3
This story is the first in the series.
Part 1) Which of the subplots in the story will be continued over to the next in the series?
Part 2) Which of the characters in the story seem to be characters that the author would want to use again in the series? Which of the characters will most likely not bee seen again in the story?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)