Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say bodachs seem to feed on and attracts them?
2. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
3. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
4. How many bodachs does Odd guess is surrounding the Fungus Man after he leaves the diner in Chapter 5?
5. When Odd looks in Fungus Man's file cabinet in chapter thirteen, what does Odd find under the name Robert Thomas Robertson, Fungus Man's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
2. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
3. Explain what happens when Ozzie, Viola and Terri come to visit Odd and tell him that Stormy died.
4. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
5. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
6. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
7. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
8. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
9. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
10. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Is it believable that the conspirators in the story were devil worshipers?
Part 2) Does the description given coincide with the preconceived notion you already have about the behavior of what Satanic servants would be? Explain in what ways the author used any unique ideas in this description.
Essay Topic 2
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)