|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ozzie tell Odd to bring Stormy around to see?
2. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
3. What does Penny do that gives Odd strength in Chapter 1?
4. What does Odd find in Fungus Man's house in the end of Chapter 9?
5. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
2. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
3. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
4. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
5. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
6. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
7. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
8. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
9. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
10. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story is the first in the series.
Part 1) Which of the subplots in the story will be continued over to the next in the series?
Part 2) Which of the characters in the story seem to be characters that the author would want to use again in the series? Which of the characters will most likely not bee seen again in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)