|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter thirteen what does Odd realize that the black room is actually used as by Fungus Man?
2. What does Odd tell Viola will happen to her?
3. Who does Odd go to see after leaving Robertson's house?
4. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
5. What does Odd NOT reply when Harlo asks how Odd is doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Odd reenters the Fungus Man's house in Chapter 11?
2. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
3. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
4. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
5. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
6. How does Odd describe the connection between Elvis and Terri in Chapter 6?
7. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
8. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
9. What does Stormy and Odd talk about when he first tells her about breaking into Robertson's house?
10. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the bodachs.
Part 1) Is it believable that the bodachs manipulated Odd in order to help the satan worshipers carry out their plans for muder? Explain your reasoning.
Part 2) Since all four characters involved in the shooting and Robertson moved to Pico Mundo in order to commit this crime it is possible that the bodachs somehow lead the men here in order to get to Odd? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Did the bodachs get between Odd and Varner knowing that it will limit Odd's view of Varner? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Take a closer look at the dark room.
Part 1) What was the role that the dark room provided in the story?
Part 2) Why was Odd not hurt while in the dark room?
Part 3) Is it possible that the dark room will be seen again in other stories in this series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Eckles, Vanders, Robertson and Gosset were the conspirators in the story.
Part 1) Is there any indication in the story as to who the leader of the group may have been?
Part 2) What does it indicate about Eckles and Vanders that they were police and so many people seem to trust them?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)