|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Terri offer to loan Odd to check out Fungus Man?
2. What does Odd NOT say that the bodachs have reminded him of in Chapter 12?
3. Where does Odd learn that Robertson got his large sum of money?
4. What does Odd say you hear if you hold a seashell up to your ear which was found while excavating for a new subdivision in Pico Mundo?
5. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
2. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
3. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
4. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
5. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
6. What happens after Odd reenters the Fungus Man's house in Chapter 11?
7. What does Stormy and Odd talk about when he first tells her about breaking into Robertson's house?
8. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
9. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
10. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ozzie, Terri and the chief all have a significant role in Odd's life.
Part 1) Compare these three characters and the place that they have in Odd's life.
Part 2) Terri is described as the mother figure and the chief is the father figure. What role does Ozzie seem to fall into?
Part 3) Speculate on the ways that Odd and Terri's relationship will change now that Odd has lost his love much like Terri did.
Essay Topic 2
Odd seems to have no grand ambitions in the story.
Part 1) Why does Odd not give thought to starting up some business even if only in his small town? Does this indicate anything about Odd's personality?
Part 2) Is there a possibility that Odd wants to go to work at the tire shop because of the ghost that seems to be stuck there? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following to write about.
Part 1) Is there any indication that the prostitute at the church left after Odd spoke to her.
Part 2) Is it possible, or is there any indication that the coyotes that surrounded Odd at the church may have been influenced by something such as the bodachs?
Part 3) Speculate on what happened to Robertson after his group's plans were thwarted.
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)