|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
2. In Chapter 10 what does Odd say he would have said if he had been able to talk to the other him standing in the doorway of the room?
3. What does Odd say is the tallest building in Pico Mundo?
4. What does Odd explain in chapter fourteen that his father is trying to do to get rich quick?
5. What does the waitress, Viola, tell Odd she saw in her dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
2. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
3. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
4. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
5. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
6. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
7. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
8. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
9. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
10. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write a short essay about.
Part 1) If you had been odd upon arriving at your home and finding a dead body what would you have done?
Part 2) When you realized that the shooter was going to be at the mall and that there were more than one what would you have done?
Part 3) What would your reaction have been to the black room in Robertson's home? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Speculate on the significance of the gypsy doll that gave Odd and Stormy their fortune.
Part 2) Why was this spoken of so often?
Part 3) How does the reader's perception of the fortune change after the death of Stormy?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Odd Thomas to his parents.
Part 1) How do they differ? Is there any indication that he is anything like them? Explain.
Part 2) Is there any indication that either of his parents care for him? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)