|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ozzie advise Odd to get after hearing about Robertson's house and the black room?
2. What has Harlo put on the white pieces of felt?
3. How many children does Rosalia have?
4. In Chapter 13 who does Odd recognize in one of the pictures in Fungus Man's study?
5. What does Ozzie tell Odd to bring Stormy around to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
2. What happens after Odd reenters the Fungus Man's house in Chapter 11?
3. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
4. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
6. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
7. Describe Camp's End as it is explained in Chapter 9?
8. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
9. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
10. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odd was willing to do whatever it took to save Viola but he wasn't willing to say anything to the blond girl from the bowling alley.
Part 1) Explain the differences in these two characters for Odd.
Part 2) Why does the author chose never to name this girl and Odd chooses never to casually speak to her?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why is it that Stormy refuses to stay home from work even though she has been very worried about Odd?
Part 2) Is there any indication that Stormy may regret her choice?
Part 3) What does it say about Stormy that she was willing to get a tattoo so that she and Odd had matching birthmarks?
Essay Topic 3
Odd has dreams when he sleeps.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would effect a person to dream of people dying when you were a child.
Part 2) Does it seem more likely that Odd inherited this gift/curse, like his supposed aunt Cymry, or that it was a result of the trauma experienced at the hands of his mother?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)