|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say that heating and cooling does to the human mind?
2. When Odd travels into the room what does he turn and see standing in the doorway?
3. Where does Odd learn that Robertson got his large sum of money?
4. How does Odd say that bodachs get into places?
5. In Chapter 13 who does Odd recognize in one of the pictures in Fungus Man's study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
2. Describe what Odd finds when he returns to his apartment after leaving Stormy's.
3. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
4. What does Odd find in Robertson's freezer?
5. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
6. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
7. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
8. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
9. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
10. Explain what happens when Ozzie, Viola and Terri come to visit Odd and tell him that Stormy died.
Essay Topic 1
Odd has dreams when he sleeps.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would effect a person to dream of people dying when you were a child.
Part 2) Does it seem more likely that Odd inherited this gift/curse, like his supposed aunt Cymry, or that it was a result of the trauma experienced at the hands of his mother?
Essay Topic 2
This story is the first in the series.
Part 1) Which of the subplots in the story will be continued over to the next in the series?
Part 2) Which of the characters in the story seem to be characters that the author would want to use again in the series? Which of the characters will most likely not bee seen again in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Odd was willing to do whatever it took to save Viola but he wasn't willing to say anything to the blond girl from the bowling alley.
Part 1) Explain the differences in these two characters for Odd.
Part 2) Why does the author chose never to name this girl and Odd chooses never to casually speak to her?
This section contains 2,101 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)