|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stormy say she thinks it would have been nice to live in Chapter 27?
(a) Anywhere but Pico Mundo.
(c) The mountains.
(d) Nearer the ocean.
2. What does Odd see when the female ghost in chapter thirty-eight unfolds her arms?
(a) A knife wound.
(b) A cool tattoo.
(c) A burn.
(d) Two bullet holes.
3. Who does Odd tell his father he believes has the answers he needs?
(a) His mother.
(c) The pastor.
(d) The chief of police.
4. What does Odd see in the room when he goes to check on Viola's daughters?
(a) Nothing but the girls sleeping.
(b) Five bodachs.
(c) The girls have vanished.
(d) The girls are thrashing in their sleep having bad dreams.
5. Where was the chief shot?
(a) One in the chest and one in the butt.
(b) Two in the abdomen and three in the chest.
(c) Three in the chest and once in the head.
(d) Two to the backs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Stormy and Odd going into at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. What does Odd find in the container in Robertson's freezer with the name Heather Johnson on it?
3. Who does Rosalia tell Odd that he reminds her of?
4. What does Odd explain that the Church of the Whispering Comet looks like?
5. What frightens Odd when he arrives home in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
2. When Odd's mother comes out of the house what does she tell Odd?
3. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
4. Describe the scene when Odd goes to see his father.
5. Explain what Odd decides to do after he finds Robertson's body in his bathroom.
6. What happens when Odd goes to see Viola in Chapter 25 and is continued in Chapter 26?
7. What does Odd find in Robertson's freezer?
8. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
9. Why does Odd explain that he is feeling guilty about Bob Robertson's death?
10. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)