|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd say is one reason that his grandmother didn't intervene on his behalf when he was little?
(a) Granny Sugars was in poor health.
(b) Odd's father wouldn't have allowed it.
(c) His grandmother feared his mother.
(d) His mother lived too far away.
2. What is Odd's father's requirement for women?
(a) That they have a boob job done.
(b) That they are shallow.
(c) That they are younger than twenty.
(d) That they have blond hair.
3. What were the clergy of the Church of the Whispering Comet convicted of?
(a) Stealing from charitable organiztions.
(b) Child pornography.
(c) Smuggling illegal aliens.
(d) Production and distribution of ecstasy.
4. Why does Odd explain is the reason that most people don't want to open their minds to the supernatural as he explains it in Chapter 24?
(a) It is blocked to their minds.
(b) Because it takes black magic.
(c) They don't know how.
(d) They are scared.
5. What does the nurse advise Odd to do with Robertson's card?
(a) Get it translated.
(b) Keep it close.
(c) Find the owner.
(d) Get rid of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shamus say that the card says?
2. What does Odd say that Poltergeists are?
3. What does Odd find in the church?
4. What does Odd say that he and his mother were free to discuss?
5. What does Odd notice when he is forced to touch Bob Robertson while moving Robertson out of the bathtub?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosalia say happened before Odd comes to check in on her in Chapter 44?
2. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
3. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
4. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
5. Describe the scene when Odd goes to see his father.
6. What does Odd find in Robertson's freezer?
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
8. What does Shamus tell Odd about the card?
9. What do Stormy and Odd talk about in Chapter 27 when she tells Odd she is in a hurry to get married?
10. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)