|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd say he knows to be true although he doesn't know much about our life?
(a) Destiny works with free will.
(b) The best things to eat in life are often the least healthy.
(c) Fate intervenes in life.
(d) There are no coincidences.
2. What climbs out of Robertson's mouth?
3. Who does Odd find waiting for him in the house after he hears a lamp break?
(a) Robertson's partner.
(d) A bodach.
4. What does Ozzie tell Odd that people will find the truth of life in?
5. What does Viola say that she can go on August 15 rather than stay home or go to the movies?
(a) Her sister's house.
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) To work.
(d) Get on a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Odd tell his father he believes has the answers he needs?
2. What does Shamus say that the card says?
3. Where does Mr. Takuda say he is going that day that Odd tries to talk him out of?
4. What is the card that Odd retrieved from Robertson identified as?
5. Where was the chief shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
2. What does Odd find when he reexamines Robertson's body?
3. Explain what Odd does with the body and his reasoning behind it.
4. What does Karla say happened before the chief was shot?
5. Why does Odd explain that he doesn't gamble?
6. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
7. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
8. Why does Odd explain that he is feeling guilty about Bob Robertson's death?
9. What does Odd suspect about Cymry?
10. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)