|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bodachs does Odd guess is surrounding the Fungus Man after he leaves the diner in Chapter 5?
(b) Two hundred.
2. What does Odd NOT say that Terri is for him?
(a) Culinary mentor.
(b) His dating service.
(c) Surrogate mother.
(d) Authority on Elvis.
3. What does Rosalia say has happened to her family rather than them having died?
(a) Left the country.
(c) Went to another plane of consciousness.
(d) Became cats.
4. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
(a) Ucky Muck.
(b) Bad Luck.
(c) Mud Hole.
(d) Dead Man.
5. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
(a) The last defense.
(b) Nothing to worry about.
(c) Trial and error.
(d) Boot camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd tell Viola will happen to her?
2. Who is Stormy's uncle?
3. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
4. What does Ozzie do each time that Odd leaves?
5. What does Odd say he would do for Stormy if she asked, provided she had a good reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
2. What does Mrs. Sanchez think has happened to her family?
3. Describe Camp's End as it is explained in Chapter 9?
4. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
5. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
6. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
7. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
8. Describe the places in which Odd has seen the bodachs, or expects he would have seen them, as he explains in Chapter 5.
9. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
10. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)