|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd say happened to the boy that also could see the bodachs?
(a) He went mad after an encounter with them.
(b) He was crushed moments after speaking about them.
(c) He became catatonic.
(d) He disappeared while searching the bodachs out.
2. Who is sitting in the passenger seat of the car in chapter fourteen when Odd returns from Robertson's house?
(b) Chief of police.
3. What trace does Odd say the many bodachs have left behind in Chapter 12 when they leave?
(a) Some of their black mist.
(b) A foul smell.
(d) An evil presence.
4. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
(a) Mud Hole.
(b) Ucky Muck.
(c) Bad Luck.
(d) Dead Man.
5. What does Odd speculate about what makes the room turn into the black room?
(a) There is no switch to start the room.
(b) It must really help with the cooling bill.
(c) The red eye in the black room is whatever controls the bodachs.
(d) The black room is a portal to another planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say that the Fungus Man's metabolism must be like if he can eat as much food as he orders in chapter five?
2. What does Porter tell Odd he is to say if someone asks why Odd chased Harlo?
3. Although Terri is old enough to be Odd's mother what does Odd say she is not enough of to be his mother?
4. When Odd looks in Fungus Man's file cabinet in chapter thirteen, what does Odd find under the name Robert Thomas Robertson, Fungus Man's real name?
5. What does Stormy accuse Odd of having?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
2. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
3. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
4. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
5. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
6. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
7. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
8. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
9. Describe the places in which Odd has seen the bodachs, or expects he would have seen them, as he explains in Chapter 5.
10. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)