|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the waitress, Viola, tell Odd she saw in her dream?
(a) She had a knife in her back.
(b) She was drowning.
(c) She had her head cut off.
(d) She had been shot in the head and was dead.
2. In Chapter 13 who does Odd recognize in one of the pictures in Fungus Man's study?
(b) Jeffrey Dahmer.
(d) Charles Manson.
3. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
(a) The dead are only part of what they used to be.
(b) He doesn't know why.
(c) They speak only to the pure of heart.
(d) There is a gap between this world and the world of the dead.
4. What does Terri offer to loan Odd to check out Fungus Man?
(a) Her contacts at the police station.
(b) Some money.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her cell phone.
5. What does Odd realize about the time when he is thrown from the room in Chapter 10?
(a) He has gone backward through time.
(b) Time has stopped.
(c) Two days has past.
(d) It is thirty years earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the female character in Ozzie's books do that his editor had said would make no one interested in the book?
2. What else does Odd say draws the attention of the bodachs in addition to murders?
3. What does Odd think is possibly the reason that Terri is so obsessed with Elvis' life?
4. Who does Odd say is the only person who knows all of his secrets?
5. When Odd goes back into Fungus Man's house a second time in Chapter 11 what has changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odd describe the connection between Elvis and Terri in Chapter 6?
2. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
3. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
4. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
5. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
6. Describe Camp's End as it is explained in Chapter 9?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
8. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
9. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
10. Describe what Odd feels when he watches the Fugus Man at Stormy's ice cream shop?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)