|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd notice about the house's temperature when inside?
(a) It is extremely cold.
(b) It is breezy.
(c) It is very hot and musty.
(d) It is the same as outside.
2. In Chapter 5 what does Odd compare being a short order cook to?
(a) A theatre actor.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A brain surgeon.
(d) A symphony conductor.
3. What does Odd NOT say that Terri is for him?
(a) Authority on Elvis.
(b) Culinary mentor.
(c) His dating service.
(d) Surrogate mother.
4. What does Odd say that Penny's hand feels like in Chapter 3?
(a) Real as a living child.
(c) Cold and distant.
5. What does Odd notice about the sounds in Fungus Man's house?
(a) He can hear whispering.
(b) The sounds are extremely loud.
(c) There is the sound of death.
(d) There are no sounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ozzie advise Odd to get after hearing about Robertson's house and the black room?
2. What does Odd explain in chapter fourteen that his father is trying to do to get rich quick?
3. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
4. What does Odd say his Granny Sugars called God?
5. How many bodachs had Odd seen with Gary Tolliver in the days leading up to Gary murdering his entire family with a power drill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Fungus Man as Odd sees him in Chapter 5.
2. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
3. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
4. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
5. What happens after Odd reenters the Fungus Man's house in Chapter 11?
6. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
7. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
8. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
9. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
10. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)