|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the female character in Ozzie's books do that his editor had said would make no one interested in the book?
(a) Abandons her children.
(b) Spits on old people.
(c) Throws up after meals.
(d) Murders people.
2. How many children does Rosalia have?
3. What does Odd realize about the time when he is thrown from the room in Chapter 10?
(a) It is thirty years earlier.
(b) He has gone backward through time.
(c) Two days has past.
(d) Time has stopped.
4. Who is Stormy's uncle?
(a) Terri's husband.
(b) The rector of St. Bartholomew.
(c) The police chief.
5. What does Odd tell Ozzie to do after Odd is out of the house?
(a) Close the windows.
(b) Lock the doors.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Get out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say that heating and cooling does to the human mind?
2. How old was Terri when Elvis died?
3. What does Stormy tell Odd that the bodachs are in the beginning of Chapter 8 when Odd tells her that there are three of them with the Fungus Man?
4. What does Ozzie tell Odd to bring Stormy around to see?
5. What does Odd say you hear if you hold a seashell up to your ear which was found while excavating for a new subdivision in Pico Mundo?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter one how does Odd describe what he is after he has confronted Harlo?
2. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
3. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
4. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
5. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
6. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
7. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
8. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
9. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
10. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)