|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd notice about the house's temperature when inside?
(a) It is the same as outside.
(b) It is very hot and musty.
(c) It is extremely cold.
(d) It is breezy.
2. In Chapter 13 who does Odd recognize in one of the pictures in Fungus Man's study?
(a) Jeffrey Dahmer.
(b) Charles Manson.
3. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
(a) They speak only to the pure of heart.
(b) There is a gap between this world and the world of the dead.
(c) The dead are only part of what they used to be.
(d) He doesn't know why.
4. How many bodachs does Odd guess is surrounding the Fungus Man after he leaves the diner in Chapter 5?
(b) Two hundred.
5. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
(a) Nothing to worry about.
(b) Trial and error.
(c) The last defense.
(d) Boot camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
2. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
3. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
4. What does Terri offer to loan Odd to check out Fungus Man?
5. When Odd goes back into Fungus Man's house a second time in Chapter 11 what has changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
2. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
3. What happens when Odd arrives at the mall in Chapters 57 and 58?
4. In chapter fourteen what does the chief tell Odd that they have found out about Robertson?
5. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
6. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
7. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
8. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
9. Describe the scene in Chapter 29 where Stormy tells Odd that she is ready for him.
10. Why does Odd explain that he is feeling guilty about Bob Robertson's death?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)