Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd say bodachs seem to feed on and attracts them?
(b) Hate and deceit.
(c) Death and violence.
(d) Fear and disappointment.
2. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
(a) The last defense.
(b) Nothing to worry about.
(c) Trial and error.
(d) Boot camp.
3. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
(a) People screaming.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) A child crying.
(d) A beast.
4. How many bodachs does Odd guess is surrounding the Fungus Man after he leaves the diner in Chapter 5?
(b) Two hundred.
5. When Odd looks in Fungus Man's file cabinet in chapter thirteen, what does Odd find under the name Robert Thomas Robertson, Fungus Man's real name?
(a) A diary.
(b) Calendar day Wednesday, August 15.
(c) A satanic catalogue.
(d) An odd poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say is the tallest building in Pico Mundo?
2. What does Odd see while walking to work in Chapter 4?
3. How did Rosalia Sanchez lose her sisters?
4. What is Odd looking for when he first enters Fungus Man's home?
5. What does Odd say he was worried might happen in the beginning of chapter eleven when he entered the black room for he second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
2. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
3. Explain what happens when Ozzie, Viola and Terri come to visit Odd and tell him that Stormy died.
4. How does Odd explain that Terri's interest in Elvis and her dead husband are connected?
5. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
6. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
7. Explain what happens in Chapter 42 when Odd hands the strange card from Robertson to the nurse at the hospital.
8. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
9. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
10. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)