|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ozzie tell Odd to bring Stormy around to see?
(a) His wine collection.
(b) His new manuscript.
(c) His new barbecue.
(d) The blown up cow.
2. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
(a) They speak only to the pure of heart.
(b) He doesn't know why.
(c) The dead are only part of what they used to be.
(d) There is a gap between this world and the world of the dead.
3. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
(b) Writing talent.
4. What is the pajama woman holding in either hand when Harlo and Odd bust through her glass door?
(a) A cell phone and a cup of coffee.
(b) A phone and a knife.
(c) A Bible and a meat cleaver.
(d) A gun and a knife.
5. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
(a) Matching birthmarks.
(b) The same destiny.
(c) The same dreams.
(d) The same birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the neighborhood called when Fungus Man drives to?
2. What does the female character in Ozzie's books do that his editor had said would make no one interested in the book?
3. What does Odd find in Fungus Man's house in the end of Chapter 9?
4. What does Odd say he will NEVER contemplate a career in?
5. What does the waitress, Viola, tell Odd she saw in her dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
2. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
3. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
4. What does Mrs. Sanchez think has happened to her family?
5. In chapter one how does Odd describe what he is after he has confronted Harlo?
6. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
7. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
8. Describe what Odd feels when he watches the Fugus Man at Stormy's ice cream shop?
9. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)