|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odd suggest he had to confront Harlo right then?
(a) Harlo had friends in high places who could have gotten him off.
(b) Odd wasn't thinking straight.
(c) He believes Harlo might have been about to kill again.
(d) Penny was too angry.
2. Who does Odd say is the only person who knows all of his secrets?
(b) His Granny Sugars.
3. What does Odd say might happen if the bodachs knew he could see them?
(a) They would be more fearful of him.
(b) He might be in danger.
(c) They would try to sway him to their purposes.
(d) They would send others after him.
4. What does Stormy tell Odd that the bodachs are in the beginning of Chapter 8 when Odd tells her that there are three of them with the Fungus Man?
(a) They are bad for business.
(b) They make her itch.
(c) It doesn't seem real to her.
(d) They are bad luck.
5. What does Odd NOT reply when Harlo asks how Odd is doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd do after he sees himself enter the black room?
2. What does Odd tell Viola will happen to her?
3. What does Odd say he would do for Stormy if she asked, provided she had a good reason?
4. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
5. What does Odd say he has been thinking of changing jobs to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the chief tell Odd when he calls Odd in Chapter 21 after the police have went to the church?
2. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
3. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
4. Describe the Fungus Man as Odd sees him in Chapter 5.
5. Describe Camp's End as it is explained in Chapter 9?
6. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
7. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
8. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
9. Describe the scene in chapter fifteen when Odd goes to find Ozzie's cow has been blown up.
10. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)