|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd find in Fungus Man's house in the end of Chapter 9?
(a) A gun and a list of people to die.
(b) The black room.
(c) A vortex of death.
(d) An array of trapped spirits.
2. What does Penny do that gives Odd strength in Chapter 1?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Gives him a spell.
(c) Holds his hand.
(d) Gives him some of her courage.
3. Why does Odd explain in Chapter 2 that he is more scared than Harlo when they are in the woman's house?
(a) Odd has more to lose.
(b) Harlo was hardened to this kind of thing.
(c) Odd can't control his movements.
(d) Odd was worried about the small boy's life.
4. What trace does Odd say the many bodachs have left behind in Chapter 12 when they leave?
(a) Some of their black mist.
(b) An evil presence.
(d) A foul smell.
5. What does the waitress, Viola, tell Odd she saw in her dream?
(a) She had her head cut off.
(b) She had a knife in her back.
(c) She was drowning.
(d) She had been shot in the head and was dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pajama woman holding in either hand when Harlo and Odd bust through her glass door?
2. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
3. What does Odd say he was worried might happen in the beginning of chapter eleven when he entered the black room for he second time?
4. What does Ozzie compare Robertson to in Chapter 17?
5. In Chapter 13 who does Odd recognize in one of the pictures in Fungus Man's study?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
2. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
3. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
4. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
5. What does Mrs. Sanchez think has happened to her family?
6. Describe the places in which Odd has seen the bodachs, or expects he would have seen them, as he explains in Chapter 5.
7. How does Odd describe the connection between Elvis and Terri in Chapter 6?
8. In chapter one how does Odd describe what he is after he has confronted Harlo?
9. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
10. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)