|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ozzie advise Odd to get after hearing about Robertson's house and the black room?
(a) Leave this one alone.
(b) Hold a seance.
(c) Get out of town.
(d) Get a gun.
2. What does Odd say that Harlo does with the pieces of white felt that he carries around with him?
(a) Tapes it to his chest.
(b) Holds it.
(c) Bites it.
(d) Licks it.
3. How many of the bodachs does Fungus Man have when he leaves the mall?
(d) More than double what Odd had seen that morning.
4. What does Odd hit Harlo with while Harlo is holding the little boy by the left foot?
(a) A bolt of cosmic energy.
(b) The kids telescope.
(c) A glass piggy bank.
(d) A panda bear lamp.
5. How many children does Rosalia have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say happened to the boy that also could see the bodachs?
2. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
3. Where does Odd learn that Robertson got his large sum of money?
4. When Odd goes back into Fungus Man's house a second time in Chapter 11 what has changed?
5. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
3. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
4. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
5. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
6. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
7. Describe the places in which Odd has seen the bodachs, or expects he would have seen them, as he explains in Chapter 5.
8. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
9. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
10. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)