|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the altar at which most people worship?
(a) Fun Times.
2. In chapter thirteen what does Odd realize that the black room is actually used as by Fungus Man?
(b) Spare bedroom.
(c) A completely empty room.
3. What does Odd speculate about what makes the room turn into the black room?
(a) The red eye in the black room is whatever controls the bodachs.
(b) It must really help with the cooling bill.
(c) The black room is a portal to another planet.
(d) There is no switch to start the room.
4. What does Odd NOT say that Terri is for him?
(a) Culinary mentor.
(b) Surrogate mother.
(c) His dating service.
(d) Authority on Elvis.
5. What does Odd say might happen if the bodachs knew he could see them?
(a) They would be more fearful of him.
(b) They would try to sway him to their purposes.
(c) They would send others after him.
(d) He might be in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd put into the doorway of the room to watch it vanish completely?
2. What trace does Odd say the many bodachs have left behind in Chapter 12 when they leave?
3. What does Odd say he would do for Stormy if she asked, provided she had a good reason?
4. What does Odd explain in chapter fourteen that his father is trying to do to get rich quick?
5. How old was Terri when Elvis died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
2. What does Stormy and Odd discuss in Chapter 21 about marriage?
3. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
4. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
5. Describe what Odd feels when he watches the Fugus Man at Stormy's ice cream shop?
6. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
7. Describe the conversation that Odd and the chief have in Chapter 20 after Stormy and Odd leave the church.
8. What does Odd notice about the differences between the study and the rest of Robertson's house?
9. What happens after Odd reenters the Fungus Man's house in Chapter 11?
10. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)