|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Odd say that Horton Barks had had dinner with twenty years earlier?
(a) A banshee.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Big Foot.
2. In Chapter 10 what does Odd say he would have said if he had been able to talk to the other him standing in the doorway of the room?
(a) Read any good books lately?
(b) Have we met before?
(c) What's up?
(d) How's it hanging?
3. What does Odd say that Penny's hand feels like in Chapter 3?
(a) Real as a living child.
(d) Cold and distant.
4. Who is sitting in the passenger seat of the car in chapter fourteen when Odd returns from Robertson's house?
(b) Chief of police.
5. What does Odd say might happen if the bodachs knew he could see them?
(a) He might be in danger.
(b) They would try to sway him to their purposes.
(c) They would send others after him.
(d) They would be more fearful of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
2. What trace does Odd say the many bodachs have left behind in Chapter 12 when they leave?
3. Who does Odd go to see after leaving Robertson's house?
4. Who does Odd say is the only person who knows all of his secrets?
5. What does Stormy tell Odd that the bodachs are in the beginning of Chapter 8 when Odd tells her that there are three of them with the Fungus Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
2. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
3. What does Odd find at the abandoned church when he goes there to hide Robertson's body?
4. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
5. What do Stormy and Odd talk about in Chapter 27 when she tells Odd she is in a hurry to get married?
6. What does the chief of police tell Odd about what to say about Harlo and the chase?
7. What does Stormy and Odd talk about when he first tells her about breaking into Robertson's house?
8. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
9. What conversation does Odd and Stormy have in Chapter 45?
10. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)