|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd see while walking to work in Chapter 4?
(a) Thirteen bodachs.
(b) Three bodachs.
(c) One more ghost.
2. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
(d) Writing talent.
3. How does Odd describe the man who ordered him to write this memoir, Boone?
(a) Three-hundred pounds missing his left hand.
(b) Two-hundred and seventy-five pounds with a black belt.
(c) One-hundred and ninety pounds with salt and pepper hair.
(d) Four-hundred pounds with six fingers on his left hand.
4. What does Ozzie compare Robertson to in Chapter 17?
(a) Albino cockroach.
(b) Pit viper.
(c) Tazmanian devil.
(d) Demon of Canterville.
5. What does Odd think is possibly the reason that Terri is so obsessed with Elvis' life?
(a) She wanted to be famous.
(b) She had a family connection to him.
(c) She may be a latent medium.
(d) She began dreaming of Elvis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say that Penny's hand feels like in Chapter 3?
2. What does Odd find in Fungus Man's house in the end of Chapter 9?
3. What does Ozzie tell Odd to bring Stormy around to see?
4. What does the police chief take when he first comes in the diner?
5. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
2. Describe what Odd feels when he watches the Fugus Man at Stormy's ice cream shop?
3. What does Odd find in Robertson's study in Chapter 13?
4. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
5. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
6. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
7. How does Odd say he has simplified his life and why as it is described in Chapter 6?
8. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
9. What condition is Fungus Man's house in when Odd enters it in Chapter 9?
10. How does Odd describe the connection between Elvis and Terri in Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)