|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Odd say that bodachs get into places?
(a) Walk through walls.
(b) Through holes or crevices.
(c) Attached to people.
(d) Materialize wherever they want.
2. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
(a) It is fifteen minutes slow.
(b) It cannot be changed.
(c) It is not very reliable.
(d) He doesn't have one.
3. What does Odd explain in chapter fourteen that his father is trying to do to get rich quick?
(a) Sell off pieces of the moon.
(b) Help people invest their money wisely.
(c) Marry a rich woman.
(d) Start his own modeling agency.
4. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
(a) The same destiny.
(b) Matching birthmarks.
(c) The same birthday.
(d) The same dreams.
5. How does Odd describe the man who ordered him to write this memoir, Boone?
(a) Two-hundred and seventy-five pounds with a black belt.
(b) Four-hundred pounds with six fingers on his left hand.
(c) One-hundred and ninety pounds with salt and pepper hair.
(d) Three-hundred pounds missing his left hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
2. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
3. What are 'cardiac shingles' that are ordered in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Odd explain in Chapter 2 that he is more scared than Harlo when they are in the woman's house?
5. What has Harlo put on the white pieces of felt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Odd steps into the black room.
2. How does Odd describe the connection between Elvis and Terri in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
5. How does Odd describe the bodachs in Chapter 4?
6. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
7. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
8. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
9. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
10. Describe the places in which Odd has seen the bodachs, or expects he would have seen them, as he explains in Chapter 5.
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)