|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd say happened to the boy that also could see the bodachs?
(a) He went mad after an encounter with them.
(b) He was crushed moments after speaking about them.
(c) He disappeared while searching the bodachs out.
(d) He became catatonic.
2. How old was Terri when Elvis died?
3. What does Ozzie tell Odd to bring Stormy around to see?
(a) His new barbecue.
(b) The blown up cow.
(c) His wine collection.
(d) His new manuscript.
4. What does Odd say he was worried might happen in the beginning of chapter eleven when he entered the black room for he second time?
(a) Become trapped in a time loop.
(b) Find out what the red eye is.
(c) Be transfered far from the current date.
(d) Be caught by the Fungus Man.
5. What does Ozzie advise Odd to get after hearing about Robertson's house and the black room?
(a) Leave this one alone.
(b) Get out of town.
(c) Hold a seance.
(d) Get a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say that heating and cooling does to the human mind?
2. Where does Odd learn that Robertson got his large sum of money?
3. When Odd travels into the room what does he turn and see standing in the doorway?
4. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
5. What does Odd say is the tallest building in Pico Mundo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Odd feels when he watches the Fugus Man at Stormy's ice cream shop?
2. What does Odd tell the chief of police when asked about being a fry cook forever?
3. Why does Odd suggest to the chief of police that he had to chase Harlo rather than going to the police?
4. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
5. What does Odd believe the black room to be after he first encounters it?
6. How does Odd describe the connection between Elvis and Terri in Chapter 6?
7. In Chapter 6 describe the conversation between Odd and Viola about her dream.
8. Describe the places in which Odd has seen the bodachs, or expects he would have seen them, as he explains in Chapter 5.
9. In Chapter 5 what comparison does Odd make between a short order cook and a symphony conductor?
10. What happens when Odd chases Harlo?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)