|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stormy say that the gypsy inside the machine did after giving Stormy and Odd their card stating they were destined to be together forever?
(a) Quit working.
2. Where are Stormy and Odd going into at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Stormy's ice cream store.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Tire World.
(d) Bowling alley.
3. Who does Rosalia tell Odd that he reminds her of?
(a) Her sister's brother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her nephew Marco.
(d) Her sister.
4. What does Odd notice when he is forced to touch Bob Robertson while moving Robertson out of the bathtub?
(a) Robertson is warmer than he should be.
(b) Robertson needs to use more moisturzer.
(c) Odd gets a premonition of the murder.
(d) Robertson is colder than Odd would have thought.
5. What does Odd see when he leaves Stormy's apartment in Chapter 29?
(b) An unmarked police car.
(d) A bunch of kids skateboarding.
6. What is Odd afraid that Viola would say if he asked her if she saw death in him?
(a) She saw death on him although not in him.
(c) She saw death all around him.
(d) She didn't know.
7. What does Rafus Carter say he believes to be true about the person that shot the chief?
(a) They have already left the country.
(b) It was someone the chief knew.
(c) They are cold blooded killers.
(d) It was a group of people.
8. What does Odd see in the room when he goes to check on Viola's daughters?
(a) Nothing but the girls sleeping.
(b) Five bodachs.
(c) The girls are thrashing in their sleep having bad dreams.
(d) The girls have vanished.
9. What fictional character does Odd NOT have a picture of because he feels he identifies with them?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
10. Where does Stormy say she thinks it would have been nice to live in Chapter 27?
(b) Nearer the ocean.
(c) Anywhere but Pico Mundo.
(d) The mountains.
11. What does the nurse say about the card?
(a) It is warm.
(b) It makes her feel unsafe.
(c) It has goo on the edge.
(d) It has bad energy.
12. Who does Odd find waiting for him in the house after he hears a lamp break?
(c) A bodach.
(d) Robertson's partner.
13. What is the card that Odd retrieved from Robertson identified as?
(a) An instruction list.
(b) A cool toy.
(c) A map.
(d) A meditation card.
14. What does Odd see when the female ghost in chapter thirty-eight unfolds her arms?
(a) A cool tattoo.
(b) A knife wound.
(c) A burn.
(d) Two bullet holes.
15. What does Odd say that Poltergeists are?
(a) The leftover evil of a person's soul.
(b) Fear and pain combined.
(c) Blind fury.
(d) Satanic spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Odd explain is the reason that most people don't want to open their minds to the supernatural as he explains it in Chapter 24?
2. What can Odd remember his mother saying while he is dragging the body of Robertson in Chapter 37?
3. What does Odd find in the church?
4. What does Odd see that Granny Sugars had always said was an omen of bad cards in poker?
5. What does Odd do with the moist towelettes?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)