|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the card that Odd retrieved from Robertson identified as?
(a) An instruction list.
(b) A cool toy.
(c) A meditation card.
(d) A map.
2. Where was the chief shot?
(a) Two in the abdomen and three in the chest.
(b) Two to the backs.
(c) One in the chest and one in the butt.
(d) Three in the chest and once in the head.
3. What frightens Odd when he arrives home in Chapter 30?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) An unknown spirit.
(d) A bodach.
4. What does Odd say is one reason that his grandmother didn't intervene on his behalf when he was little?
(a) Odd's father wouldn't have allowed it.
(b) Granny Sugars was in poor health.
(c) His mother lived too far away.
(d) His grandmother feared his mother.
5. What does Officer Varner say that the tattoo, POD, on his arm stands for?
(a) His college.
(b) His mother's initials.
(c) A gang he had been involved with when he was younger.
(d) Pay On Delivery.
6. What were the clergy of the Church of the Whispering Comet convicted of?
(a) Stealing from charitable organiztions.
(b) Smuggling illegal aliens.
(c) Production and distribution of ecstasy.
(d) Child pornography.
7. Where does Odd go in the beginning of Chapter 48?
(a) Terri's house.
(b) The Grill.
(c) The abandoned church.
(d) Camp's End.
8. What does Odd say that he and his mother were free to discuss?
(a) Whatever made life freer.
(b) The dead.
(c) Things of her choosing.
(d) Things that didn't disturb her.
9. Where does Odd drive to after leaving his mothers?
(a) To see stormy.
(b) To check in on the chief.
(c) To look at Robertson's body.
(d) To his grandmother's grave.
10. What does Odd use as a weapon when confronted by the coyotes in Chapter 37?
(a) His flashlight.
(b) Broken bottle.
(c) An acme package.
(d) Robertson's shoe.
11. What does Odd say he knows to be true although he doesn't know much about our life?
(a) There are no coincidences.
(b) Fate intervenes in life.
(c) The best things to eat in life are often the least healthy.
(d) Destiny works with free will.
12. Why does Odd explain is the reason that most people don't want to open their minds to the supernatural as he explains it in Chapter 24?
(a) It is blocked to their minds.
(b) They don't know how.
(c) Because it takes black magic.
(d) They are scared.
13. What does Ozzie tell Odd that people will find the truth of life in?
14. What does Shamus say that the card says?
(a) Father of lies.
(b) Lies of our father.
(c) Paul is dead.
(d) Father of flies.
15. What does Odd hear in chapter forty-eight that causes him to worry?
(a) Glass breaking.
(b) A soft thud.
(c) Someone crying.
(d) A door closes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fictional character does Odd NOT have a picture of because he feels he identifies with them?
2. What does Odd tell the gas station attendant happened to his forehead?
3. What does Mr. Takuda say that Odd would poison his life with if he put into it?
4. What does the nurse say about the card?
5. What does Odd notice when he is forced to touch Bob Robertson while moving Robertson out of the bathtub?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)