|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd hear in chapter forty-eight that causes him to worry?
(a) Someone crying.
(b) A door closes.
(c) Glass breaking.
(d) A soft thud.
2. What can Odd remember his mother saying while he is dragging the body of Robertson in Chapter 37?
(a) Do you want pepperoni or cheese?
(b) You want to pull the trigger for me?
(c) Want to see what a mess this gun will make?
(d) Do you think I will go to heaven if I kill myself?
3. Who does Odd say is afraid to move on?
4. What does Viola explain she has planned for August 15?
(a) Going to see her mother.
(b) Going to work.
(c) She has a class at the community college.
(d) Her daughter's birthday.
5. What frightens Odd when he arrives home in Chapter 30?
(a) An unknown spirit.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bodach.
6. What does Ozzie tell Odd that people will find the truth of life in?
7. What does Officer Varner say that the tattoo, POD, on his arm stands for?
(a) His mother's initials.
(b) His college.
(c) A gang he had been involved with when he was younger.
(d) Pay On Delivery.
8. What is Odd afraid that Viola would say if he asked her if she saw death in him?
(a) She saw death all around him.
(b) She saw death on him although not in him.
(d) She didn't know.
9. What does Odd think as he looks at his mother while he leaves in Chapter 53?
(a) She will kill herself.
(b) She won't forgive him for this.
(c) This will be the last time he sees her.
(d) Someone will have to lock her up.
10. What does Odd realize the bullet wound on Robertson's chest has gone through?
(a) Robertson's heart.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) A bottle silencer.
(d) A previous knife wound.
11. Who does Odd realize has the same tattoo as Robertson?
(b) Officer Varner.
(c) His mother.
12. What does Odd explain that the Church of the Whispering Comet looks like?
(a) An dinosaur.
(b) No place to worship.
(c) A space ship.
(d) A boat.
13. What does Odd realize after looking at Robertson's body more closely?
(a) Robertson was wearing a disguise.
(b) Robertson needed a bath.
(c) Robertson has only been dead an hour or two.
(d) Robertson has been dead most of the day.
14. What does Viola say she did see in her dream in Chapter 24?
(a) A sign.
(b) Another dead body.
(c) A glass floor.
15. What does Odd say that he and his mother were free to discuss?
(a) Whatever made life freer.
(b) Things that didn't disturb her.
(c) The dead.
(d) Things of her choosing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Odd explain is the reason that most people don't want to open their minds to the supernatural as he explains it in Chapter 24?
2. What does the nurse advise Odd to do with Robertson's card?
3. What does Odd find in his bathroom in Chapter 31?
4. What does the nurse say about the card?
5. What does Odd see in the room when he goes to check on Viola's daughters?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)