|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odd explain is the reason that most people don't want to open their minds to the supernatural as he explains it in Chapter 24?
(a) They are scared.
(b) Because it takes black magic.
(c) It is blocked to their minds.
(d) They don't know how.
2. In chapter thirty-six what does Odd say he doesn't trust Robertson to do?
(a) Stay dead.
(b) Make peace.
(c) Cross over.
(d) Stay at the Church.
3. What does Shamus say that the card says?
(a) Lies of our father.
(b) Father of lies.
(c) Paul is dead.
(d) Father of flies.
4. What is the length of Odd's father's affairs?
(a) Until the girl turns twenty.
(b) Six to nine months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two to three years.
5. What does Viola say that she can go on August 15 rather than stay home or go to the movies?
(a) Her sister's house.
(b) To work.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) Get on a plane.
6. What does Odd say is one reason that his grandmother didn't intervene on his behalf when he was little?
(a) Granny Sugars was in poor health.
(b) His mother lived too far away.
(c) His grandmother feared his mother.
(d) Odd's father wouldn't have allowed it.
7. Where are Stormy and Odd going into at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Stormy's ice cream store.
(b) Tire World.
(c) Bowling alley.
(d) Grocery store.
8. Who does Rosalia tell Odd that he reminds her of?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her nephew Marco.
(c) Her sister's brother.
(d) Her sister.
9. What does Officer Varner say that the tattoo, POD, on his arm stands for?
(a) His college.
(b) His mother's initials.
(c) A gang he had been involved with when he was younger.
(d) Pay On Delivery.
10. What does Odd think as he looks at his mother while he leaves in Chapter 53?
(a) This will be the last time he sees her.
(b) She will kill herself.
(c) She won't forgive him for this.
(d) Someone will have to lock her up.
11. What does Odd say he knows to be true although he doesn't know much about our life?
(a) There are no coincidences.
(b) Fate intervenes in life.
(c) The best things to eat in life are often the least healthy.
(d) Destiny works with free will.
12. What does Odd find when he goes to the chief's house in Chapter 39?
(a) Elvis is there on the roof.
(b) The chief has had a heart attack.
(c) The chief has been shot.
(d) Bodachs cover the house.
13. What is the card that Odd retrieved from Robertson identified as?
(a) A cool toy.
(b) A map.
(c) An instruction list.
(d) A meditation card.
14. What fictional character does Odd NOT have a picture of because he feels he identifies with them?
(c) Mickey Mouse.
15. Where was the chief shot?
(a) One in the chest and one in the butt.
(b) Two to the backs.
(c) Two in the abdomen and three in the chest.
(d) Three in the chest and once in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd realize the bullet wound on Robertson's chest has gone through?
2. What does Odd tell the gas station attendant happened to his forehead?
3. What does Odd see that Granny Sugars had always said was an omen of bad cards in poker?
4. Where does Mr. Takuda say he is going that day that Odd tries to talk him out of?
5. What is Odd afraid that Viola would say if he asked her if she saw death in him?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)