|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd say he knows to be true although he doesn't know much about our life?
(a) The best things to eat in life are often the least healthy.
(b) Fate intervenes in life.
(c) Destiny works with free will.
(d) There are no coincidences.
2. Why is it that Odd doesn't want to go into the Green Moon Lanes?
(a) It is where his parents were killed.
(b) There is a mass of bodachs coming from the building.
(c) He has had a vision of people being murdered there.
(d) His ex-girlfriend works there.
3. What does Odd find in his bathroom in Chapter 31?
(a) Chief of police.
(b) Bob Robertson's body.
(d) Another black room.
4. What did Shamus' mother want him to be?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A cop.
(d) A conductor.
5. What does the nurse advise Odd to do with Robertson's card?
(a) Get it translated.
(b) Keep it close.
(c) Get rid of it.
(d) Find the owner.
6. Who does Rosalia tell Odd that he reminds her of?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her nephew Marco.
(c) Her sister's brother.
(d) Her brother.
7. What did the young man behind the wheel of the truck die from when his truck struck the six-year-old English boy?
(a) Aggressive foot fungus.
(b) Heart attack.
8. What is Odd's father's requirement for women?
(a) That they have a boob job done.
(b) That they have blond hair.
(c) That they are shallow.
(d) That they are younger than twenty.
9. What is Odd afraid that Viola would say if he asked her if she saw death in him?
(a) She saw death on him although not in him.
(b) She saw death all around him.
(c) She didn't know.
10. What does Odd realize after looking at Robertson's body more closely?
(a) Robertson has only been dead an hour or two.
(b) Robertson needed a bath.
(c) Robertson was wearing a disguise.
(d) Robertson has been dead most of the day.
11. What does Odd see when the female ghost in chapter thirty-eight unfolds her arms?
(a) A knife wound.
(b) A cool tattoo.
(c) A burn.
(d) Two bullet holes.
12. What does Odd use as a weapon when confronted by the coyotes in Chapter 37?
(a) Broken bottle.
(b) His flashlight.
(c) An acme package.
(d) Robertson's shoe.
13. What does Shamus say was found in the freezer of a practicing satanist he knew who claimed to have hated his mother?
(a) His mother's left hand in a box.
(b) Her bones burried around the outside of the house.
(c) The man's mother's head in a freezer.
(d) A box of rejected Hallmark cards.
14. Where does Stormy say she thinks it would have been nice to live in Chapter 27?
(a) Anywhere but Pico Mundo.
(c) Nearer the ocean.
(d) The mountains.
15. Who does Odd find waiting for him in the house after he hears a lamp break?
(a) Robertson's partner.
(b) A bodach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Odd go in the beginning of Chapter 48?
2. What can Odd remember his mother saying while he is dragging the body of Robertson in Chapter 37?
3. What does Odd's father ask him?
4. What were the clergy of the Church of the Whispering Comet convicted of?
5. What does Odd tell the gas station attendant happened to his forehead?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)