|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Odd go in the beginning of Chapter 48?
(a) Terri's house.
(b) The Grill.
(c) The abandoned church.
(d) Camp's End.
2. What did the young man behind the wheel of the truck die from when his truck struck the six-year-old English boy?
(a) Aggressive foot fungus.
(c) Heart attack.
3. Where are Stormy and Odd going into at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Tire World.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Stormy's ice cream store.
(d) Bowling alley.
4. Who does Odd tell his father he believes has the answers he needs?
(a) The pastor.
(c) His mother.
(d) The chief of police.
5. What does Viola say that she can go on August 15 rather than stay home or go to the movies?
(a) To work.
(b) Get on a plane.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) Her sister's house.
6. What does Viola explain she has planned for August 15?
(a) She has a class at the community college.
(b) Going to work.
(c) Her daughter's birthday.
(d) Going to see her mother.
7. What is Odd's father's requirement for women?
(a) That they are shallow.
(b) That they are younger than twenty.
(c) That they have a boob job done.
(d) That they have blond hair.
8. What does Odd's father ask him?
(a) Why Odd wants to ruin his life.
(b) If there might be another girl that Odd could be interested in.
(c) If he is sure Stormy isn't a lesbian.
(d) If Stormy is pregnant.
9. What does Ozzie tell Odd that people will find the truth of life in?
10. What does Odd say his mother qualifies as in his dictionary?
11. What does Odd find when he goes to the chief's house in Chapter 39?
(a) Bodachs cover the house.
(b) The chief has been shot.
(c) Elvis is there on the roof.
(d) The chief has had a heart attack.
12. What did Shamus' mother want him to be?
(a) A conductor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A cop.
13. What does Odd say is one reason that his grandmother didn't intervene on his behalf when he was little?
(a) Granny Sugars was in poor health.
(b) His mother lived too far away.
(c) His grandmother feared his mother.
(d) Odd's father wouldn't have allowed it.
14. How has Bob Robertson been killed?
(a) Stabbed in the abdomen.
(c) Shot to the back of the head.
(d) Gun shot to the chest.
15. What does Officer Varner say that the tattoo, POD, on his arm stands for?
(a) His mother's initials.
(b) His college.
(c) A gang he had been involved with when he was younger.
(d) Pay On Delivery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse advise Odd to do with Robertson's card?
2. What does Shamus call Odd?
3. What does Odd see that Granny Sugars had always said was an omen of bad cards in poker?
4. What does Odd realize after looking at Robertson's body more closely?
5. What does Odd explain that the Church of the Whispering Comet looks like?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)