|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Odd say is afraid to move on?
2. What does Odd hear in chapter forty-eight that causes him to worry?
(a) Glass breaking.
(b) Someone crying.
(c) A door closes.
(d) A soft thud.
3. What does Ozzie tell Odd that people will find the truth of life in?
4. What does Odd find when he goes to the chief's house in Chapter 39?
(a) The chief has had a heart attack.
(b) The chief has been shot.
(c) Elvis is there on the roof.
(d) Bodachs cover the house.
5. What does Odd think as he looks at his mother while he leaves in Chapter 53?
(a) She won't forgive him for this.
(b) She will kill herself.
(c) Someone will have to lock her up.
(d) This will be the last time he sees her.
6. What did the young man behind the wheel of the truck die from when his truck struck the six-year-old English boy?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Aggressive foot fungus.
7. What does Odd's father ask him?
(a) Why Odd wants to ruin his life.
(b) If he is sure Stormy isn't a lesbian.
(c) If Stormy is pregnant.
(d) If there might be another girl that Odd could be interested in.
8. What does Odd see when the female ghost in chapter thirty-eight unfolds her arms?
(a) Two bullet holes.
(b) A knife wound.
(c) A cool tattoo.
(d) A burn.
9. What does the nurse say about the card?
(a) It has goo on the edge.
(b) It makes her feel unsafe.
(c) It has bad energy.
(d) It is warm.
10. Where does Odd drive to after leaving his mothers?
(a) To see stormy.
(b) To check in on the chief.
(c) To look at Robertson's body.
(d) To his grandmother's grave.
11. Where does Stormy say she thinks it would have been nice to live in Chapter 27?
(a) Nearer the ocean.
(b) Anywhere but Pico Mundo.
(d) The mountains.
12. What does Odd say that he and his mother were free to discuss?
(a) Whatever made life freer.
(b) The dead.
(c) Things of her choosing.
(d) Things that didn't disturb her.
13. Why is it that Odd doesn't want to go into the Green Moon Lanes?
(a) His ex-girlfriend works there.
(b) It is where his parents were killed.
(c) There is a mass of bodachs coming from the building.
(d) He has had a vision of people being murdered there.
14. What does Odd find in the container in Robertson's freezer with the name Heather Johnson on it?
(a) A finger.
(b) A breast.
(c) An ear.
(d) An eye.
15. What does Odd see that Granny Sugars had always said was an omen of bad cards in poker?
(a) A red moon.
(b) A yellow moon.
(c) An early fog.
(d) A starless night.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter thirty-six what does Odd say he doesn't trust Robertson to do?
2. What frightens Odd when he arrives home in Chapter 30?
3. What fictional character does Odd NOT have a picture of because he feels he identifies with them?
4. Who does Roalia say has already been buy and talked to her in Chapter 44?
5. What can Odd remember his mother saying while he is dragging the body of Robertson in Chapter 37?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)