|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd say about the connection between him and Stormy?
(a) He enjoys her company.
(b) They are going into business together.
(c) They are just friends.
(d) They are soul mates.
2. What does Odd explain in chapter fourteen that his father is trying to do to get rich quick?
(a) Start his own modeling agency.
(b) Sell off pieces of the moon.
(c) Marry a rich woman.
(d) Help people invest their money wisely.
3. When Odd travels into the room what does he turn and see standing in the doorway?
(c) Fungus Man.
4. Why does Odd explain in Chapter 2 that he is more scared than Harlo when they are in the woman's house?
(a) Odd was worried about the small boy's life.
(b) Odd has more to lose.
(c) Odd can't control his movements.
(d) Harlo was hardened to this kind of thing.
5. What does Odd say that the Fungus Man's metabolism must be like if he can eat as much food as he orders in chapter five?
(a) A linebacker for Greenbay trying to double his size.
(b) Tasmanian devil on methamphetamine.
(c) A cockroach the size of Texas.
(d) A sumo wrestler in training.
6. What does Odd find in Fungus Man's house in the end of Chapter 9?
(a) A vortex of death.
(b) A gun and a list of people to die.
(c) The black room.
(d) An array of trapped spirits.
7. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
(a) Peed in Odd's shoes.
(b) Pooped in Odd's coat.
(c) Threw up on Odd's lap.
(d) Scratched Odd's legs.
8. What does Odd say is the tallest building in Pico Mundo?
(a) The mayor's house.
(b) The four story bank.
(c) St. Bartholomew's church.
(d) The high school.
9. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
(a) The dead are only part of what they used to be.
(b) There is a gap between this world and the world of the dead.
(c) He doesn't know why.
(d) They speak only to the pure of heart.
10. How did Stormy's parents die?
(a) No one is sure what happened to them.
(b) Plane crash.
(c) Car crash.
11. What does Odd say he has been thinking of changing jobs to?
(c) Dental assistant.
(d) Legal assistant.
12. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
(a) A child crying.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) People screaming.
(d) A beast.
13. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
(a) A week before summer vacation.
(c) The day after Halloween.
14. What does Odd say he would do for Stormy if she asked, provided she had a good reason?
(a) Jump off a cliff.
(b) Starve himself to death.
(c) Eat poison.
(d) Walk the plank.
15. What does Odd NOT say that the bodachs have reminded him of in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
2. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
3. What is the neighborhood called when Fungus Man drives to?
4. How many children does Rosalia have?
5. What does Odd tell Viola will happen to her?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)