|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd notice about the sounds in Fungus Man's house?
(a) The sounds are extremely loud.
(b) There are no sounds.
(c) He can hear whispering.
(d) There is the sound of death.
2. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
(a) It is not very reliable.
(b) It is fifteen minutes slow.
(c) He doesn't have one.
(d) It cannot be changed.
3. What does Ozzie compare Robertson to in Chapter 17?
(a) Tazmanian devil.
(b) Pit viper.
(c) Demon of Canterville.
(d) Albino cockroach.
4. What does Odd speculate about what makes the room turn into the black room?
(a) It must really help with the cooling bill.
(b) There is no switch to start the room.
(c) The black room is a portal to another planet.
(d) The red eye in the black room is whatever controls the bodachs.
5. What does the waitress, Viola, tell Odd she saw in her dream?
(a) She had a knife in her back.
(b) She had been shot in the head and was dead.
(c) She had her head cut off.
(d) She was drowning.
6. How old is Odd Thomas as he describes in the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. What does Odd say might happen if the bodachs knew he could see them?
(a) He might be in danger.
(b) They would be more fearful of him.
(c) They would send others after him.
(d) They would try to sway him to their purposes.
8. What does Odd explain in chapter fourteen that his father is trying to do to get rich quick?
(a) Start his own modeling agency.
(b) Marry a rich woman.
(c) Sell off pieces of the moon.
(d) Help people invest their money wisely.
9. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
(a) Peed in Odd's shoes.
(b) Threw up on Odd's lap.
(c) Pooped in Odd's coat.
(d) Scratched Odd's legs.
10. What does Odd say he has been thinking of changing jobs to?
(b) Dental assistant.
(d) Legal assistant.
11. Who does Odd say that Horton Barks had had dinner with twenty years earlier?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) A banshee.
(c) Big Foot.
12. What does Odd see in Chapter 14 before he leaves Robertson's house?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A raven.
(d) A swallow.
13. What does Odd say that Penny's hand feels like in Chapter 3?
(b) Real as a living child.
(c) Cold and distant.
14. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
(c) Writing talent.
15. What does Stormy tell Odd that the bodachs are in the beginning of Chapter 8 when Odd tells her that there are three of them with the Fungus Man?
(a) They are bad luck.
(b) It doesn't seem real to her.
(c) They are bad for business.
(d) They make her itch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Rosalia have?
2. What does Rosalia say has happened to her family rather than them having died?
3. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
4. What does Odd say he was worried might happen in the beginning of chapter eleven when he entered the black room for he second time?
5. What does Odd tell the chief happens to people when they die?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)