|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penny do that gives Odd strength in Chapter 1?
(a) Holds his hand.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Gives him some of her courage.
(d) Gives him a spell.
2. Who is sitting in the passenger seat of the car in chapter fourteen when Odd returns from Robertson's house?
(d) Chief of police.
3. How did Stormy's parents die?
(b) Plane crash.
(c) Car crash.
(d) No one is sure what happened to them.
4. What else does Odd say draws the attention of the bodachs in addition to murders?
(b) Natural disasters in which large numbers of people die.
(c) Bad dreams.
5. What does Odd think is possibly the reason that Terri is so obsessed with Elvis' life?
(a) She may be a latent medium.
(b) She had a family connection to him.
(c) She began dreaming of Elvis.
(d) She wanted to be famous.
6. Although Terri is old enough to be Odd's mother what does Odd say she is not enough of to be his mother?
7. What does Odd speculate about what makes the room turn into the black room?
(a) The red eye in the black room is whatever controls the bodachs.
(b) It must really help with the cooling bill.
(c) There is no switch to start the room.
(d) The black room is a portal to another planet.
8. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
(a) The same dreams.
(b) Matching birthmarks.
(c) The same birthday.
(d) The same destiny.
9. What does Porter tell Odd he is to say if someone asks why Odd chased Harlo?
(a) He saw the pictures of Penny when Harlo opened his wallet.
(b) They were fighting over a girl they both liked.
(c) He was chasing Harlo for shoplifting.
(d) Odd had been asking around about Penny and was given a tip.
10. In Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the altar at which most people worship?
(c) Fun Times.
11. In chapter thirteen what does Odd realize that the black room is actually used as by Fungus Man?
(a) A completely empty room.
(b) Spare bedroom.
12. When Odd travels into the room what does he turn and see standing in the doorway?
(b) Fungus Man.
13. How many bodachs does Odd guess is surrounding the Fungus Man after he leaves the diner in Chapter 5?
(c) Two hundred.
14. Where does Odd learn that Robertson got his large sum of money?
(b) Divorced a ritch woman.
(c) Wife died with large insurance policy.
(d) No one is sure.
15. What does Ozzie compare Robertson to in Chapter 17?
(a) Albino cockroach.
(b) Pit viper.
(c) Demon of Canterville.
(d) Tazmanian devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stormy's uncle?
2. What is the pajama woman holding in either hand when Harlo and Odd bust through her glass door?
3. What does Ozzie do each time that Odd leaves?
4. What does Odd notice about the sounds in Fungus Man's house?
5. What does Odd say you hear if you hold a seashell up to your ear which was found while excavating for a new subdivision in Pico Mundo?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)