|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
(a) It is not very reliable.
(b) He doesn't have one.
(c) It cannot be changed.
(d) It is fifteen minutes slow.
2. What does Odd say he has been thinking of changing jobs to?
(c) Dental assistant.
(d) Legal assistant.
3. Where does Odd learn that Robertson got his large sum of money?
(a) Wife died with large insurance policy.
(b) No one is sure.
(c) Divorced a ritch woman.
4. What does Odd say that heating and cooling does to the human mind?
(a) Makes it brittle.
(b) Softens it.
(c) Makes it weak.
(d) Drives it away from its owner.
5. What does Odd hit Harlo with while Harlo is holding the little boy by the left foot?
(a) A panda bear lamp.
(b) The kids telescope.
(c) A glass piggy bank.
(d) A bolt of cosmic energy.
6. What does Odd think is possibly the reason that Terri is so obsessed with Elvis' life?
(a) She wanted to be famous.
(b) She had a family connection to him.
(c) She may be a latent medium.
(d) She began dreaming of Elvis.
7. In Chapter 10 what does Odd say he would have said if he had been able to talk to the other him standing in the doorway of the room?
(a) What's up?
(b) How's it hanging?
(c) Have we met before?
(d) Read any good books lately?
8. How did Stormy's parents die?
(a) Plane crash.
(b) No one is sure what happened to them.
(d) Car crash.
9. What does Odd notice about the sounds in Fungus Man's house?
(a) There is the sound of death.
(b) There are no sounds.
(c) He can hear whispering.
(d) The sounds are extremely loud.
10. Where do Stormy and Odd eat in Chapter 18?
(a) Top of Stormy's house.
(b) The park.
(c) Odd's apartment.
(d) The church belfry.
11. What does Odd say he was worried might happen in the beginning of chapter eleven when he entered the black room for he second time?
(a) Be caught by the Fungus Man.
(b) Find out what the red eye is.
(c) Become trapped in a time loop.
(d) Be transfered far from the current date.
12. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
(a) The day after Halloween.
(c) A week before summer vacation.
13. What does Odd say you hear if you hold a seashell up to your ear which was found while excavating for a new subdivision in Pico Mundo?
(c) Dry mournful wind.
14. What does Ozzie do each time that Odd leaves?
(a) Does a small dance.
(b) Recites Mark Twain to Odd.
(c) Hugs Odd like a father.
(d) Kisses Odd on each cheek.
15. What does Ozzie tell Odd to bring Stormy around to see?
(a) His wine collection.
(b) His new manuscript.
(c) The blown up cow.
(d) His new barbecue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd put into the doorway of the room to watch it vanish completely?
2. What does Odd have to prove to his landlady, Rosalia Sanchez, every morning?
3. What does Odd tell Ozzie to do after Odd is out of the house?
4. What does Odd NOT say that Terri is for him?
5. Who is sitting in the passenger seat of the car in chapter fourteen when Odd returns from Robertson's house?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)