|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd explain in chapter fourteen that his father is trying to do to get rich quick?
(a) Sell off pieces of the moon.
(b) Help people invest their money wisely.
(c) Marry a rich woman.
(d) Start his own modeling agency.
2. When Odd travels into the room what does he turn and see standing in the doorway?
(a) Fungus Man.
3. What does Stormy tell Odd that the bodachs are in the beginning of Chapter 8 when Odd tells her that there are three of them with the Fungus Man?
(a) They are bad luck.
(b) They make her itch.
(c) They are bad for business.
(d) It doesn't seem real to her.
4. What does Odd hit Harlo with while Harlo is holding the little boy by the left foot?
(a) A bolt of cosmic energy.
(b) The kids telescope.
(c) A panda bear lamp.
(d) A glass piggy bank.
5. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
(a) Pooped in Odd's coat.
(b) Peed in Odd's shoes.
(c) Scratched Odd's legs.
(d) Threw up on Odd's lap.
6. What does Odd find in Fungus Man's house in the end of Chapter 9?
(a) A gun and a list of people to die.
(b) The black room.
(c) A vortex of death.
(d) An array of trapped spirits.
7. What does Odd tell Viola will happen to her?
(a) She is going to have a car accident within a week.
(b) She will die of old age in her bed.
(c) She will marry again and be happy.
(d) She will dance at her children's weddings.
8. What does Terri offer to loan Odd to check out Fungus Man?
(a) Her contacts at the police station.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her cell phone.
(d) Some money.
9. What does Odd notice about the house's temperature when inside?
(a) It is the same as outside.
(b) It is breezy.
(c) It is extremely cold.
(d) It is very hot and musty.
10. In Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the altar at which most people worship?
(d) Fun Times.
11. What does Odd say that Harlo does with the pieces of white felt that he carries around with him?
(a) Tapes it to his chest.
(b) Bites it.
(c) Licks it.
(d) Holds it.
12. What does Odd say might happen if the bodachs knew he could see them?
(a) He might be in danger.
(b) They would be more fearful of him.
(c) They would try to sway him to their purposes.
(d) They would send others after him.
13. What does Odd say is the tallest building in Pico Mundo?
(a) The four story bank.
(b) The mayor's house.
(c) St. Bartholomew's church.
(d) The high school.
14. How does Odd feel when he leaves Ozzie's house in Chapter 17?
15. What does the police chief take when he first comes in the diner?
(a) A beer.
(b) A blood sugar pill.
(c) A nitro tablet.
(d) Pepcid AC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd put into the doorway of the room to watch it vanish completely?
2. How old was Terri when Elvis died?
3. What trace does Odd say the many bodachs have left behind in Chapter 12 when they leave?
4. What is Odd looking for when he first enters Fungus Man's home?
5. What are 'cardiac shingles' that are ordered in Chapter 5?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)