|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ozzie tell Odd to bring Stormy around to see?
(a) The blown up cow.
(b) His wine collection.
(c) His new barbecue.
(d) His new manuscript.
2. What does Harlo drive?
(c) 1968 Pontiac Firebird.
(d) 1967 Step-side Chevy.
3. What does Stormy accuse Odd of having?
(a) A knack for sniffing out the wierdos.
(b) A messiah complex.
(c) A wierd past time.
(d) A superhero complex.
4. What does the waitress, Viola, tell Odd she saw in her dream?
(a) She had been shot in the head and was dead.
(b) She had her head cut off.
(c) She had a knife in her back.
(d) She was drowning.
5. What does Odd say that the Fungus Man's metabolism must be like if he can eat as much food as he orders in chapter five?
(a) A linebacker for Greenbay trying to double his size.
(b) Tasmanian devil on methamphetamine.
(c) A sumo wrestler in training.
(d) A cockroach the size of Texas.
6. What does Ozzie advise Odd to get after hearing about Robertson's house and the black room?
(a) Hold a seance.
(b) Get a gun.
(c) Leave this one alone.
(d) Get out of town.
7. What does the female character in Ozzie's books do that his editor had said would make no one interested in the book?
(a) Murders people.
(b) Abandons her children.
(c) Throws up after meals.
(d) Spits on old people.
8. Where do Stormy and Odd eat in Chapter 18?
(a) The church belfry.
(b) The park.
(c) Top of Stormy's house.
(d) Odd's apartment.
9. What does Rosalia say has happened to her family rather than them having died?
(b) Went to another plane of consciousness.
(c) Left the country.
(d) Became cats.
10. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) A beast.
(c) A child crying.
(d) People screaming.
11. What does Odd speculate about what makes the room turn into the black room?
(a) The black room is a portal to another planet.
(b) The red eye in the black room is whatever controls the bodachs.
(c) There is no switch to start the room.
(d) It must really help with the cooling bill.
12. What trace does Odd say the many bodachs have left behind in Chapter 12 when they leave?
(a) A foul smell.
(b) An evil presence.
(c) Some of their black mist.
13. What does Odd notice about the sounds in Fungus Man's house?
(a) He can hear whispering.
(b) There are no sounds.
(c) The sounds are extremely loud.
(d) There is the sound of death.
14. Why does Odd explain in Chapter 2 that he is more scared than Harlo when they are in the woman's house?
(a) Odd can't control his movements.
(b) Odd has more to lose.
(c) Harlo was hardened to this kind of thing.
(d) Odd was worried about the small boy's life.
15. How old is Odd Thomas as he describes in the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Odd say draws the attention of the bodachs in addition to murders?
2. What does Odd put into the doorway of the room to watch it vanish completely?
3. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
4. What does Odd realize about the time when he is thrown from the room in Chapter 10?
5. What does Odd see in Chapter 14 before he leaves Robertson's house?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)