|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd NOT say that Terri is for him?
(a) Culinary mentor.
(b) Surrogate mother.
(c) Authority on Elvis.
(d) His dating service.
2. What does Odd speculate about what makes the room turn into the black room?
(a) It must really help with the cooling bill.
(b) There is no switch to start the room.
(c) The red eye in the black room is whatever controls the bodachs.
(d) The black room is a portal to another planet.
3. How did Stormy's parents die?
(b) Plane crash.
(c) Car crash.
(d) No one is sure what happened to them.
4. What has Harlo put on the white pieces of felt?
(a) Penny's spit.
(b) Penny's virgin blood.
(c) Some of Penny's hair.
5. Where do Stormy and Odd eat in Chapter 18?
(a) Top of Stormy's house.
(b) Odd's apartment.
(c) The church belfry.
(d) The park.
6. How many bodachs does Odd guess is surrounding the Fungus Man after he leaves the diner in Chapter 5?
(b) Two hundred.
7. Although Terri is old enough to be Odd's mother what does Odd say she is not enough of to be his mother?
8. What is the pajama woman holding in either hand when Harlo and Odd bust through her glass door?
(a) A cell phone and a cup of coffee.
(b) A Bible and a meat cleaver.
(c) A gun and a knife.
(d) A phone and a knife.
9. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
(a) A child crying.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) People screaming.
(d) A beast.
10. Who is sitting in the passenger seat of the car in chapter fourteen when Odd returns from Robertson's house?
(b) Chief of police.
11. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
(a) A week before summer vacation.
(c) The day after Halloween.
12. What does the police chief take when he first comes in the diner?
(a) A blood sugar pill.
(b) A nitro tablet.
(c) Pepcid AC.
(d) A beer.
13. What else does Odd say draws the attention of the bodachs in addition to murders?
(b) Natural disasters in which large numbers of people die.
(d) Bad dreams.
14. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
(a) He doesn't have one.
(b) It cannot be changed.
(c) It is fifteen minutes slow.
(d) It is not very reliable.
15. What does Odd find while looking at Robertson's bank statements?
(a) Robertson is rich.
(b) Robertson has a Social Security scam going on.
(c) Robertson has three off shore accounts.
(d) Robertson has taken out several loans recently.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Odd travels into the room what does he turn and see standing in the doorway?
2. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
3. What is Odd looking for when he first enters Fungus Man's home?
4. When Odd goes back into Fungus Man's house a second time in Chapter 11 what has changed?
5. What does Odd do after he sees himself enter the black room?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)