|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
(a) Dead Man.
(b) Bad Luck.
(c) Ucky Muck.
(d) Mud Hole.
2. What does Penny do that gives Odd strength in Chapter 1?
(a) Holds his hand.
(b) Gives him a spell.
(c) Gives him some of her courage.
(d) Kisses him.
3. What does Odd say his Granny Sugars called God?
(a) The man upstairs.
(b) That old rug merchant.
(c) The collector.
(d) Her only hope.
4. What does Stormy accuse Odd of having?
(a) A messiah complex.
(b) A wierd past time.
(c) A superhero complex.
(d) A knack for sniffing out the wierdos.
5. Where does Odd learn that Robertson got his large sum of money?
(a) No one is sure.
(c) Wife died with large insurance policy.
(d) Divorced a ritch woman.
6. What does Odd have to prove to his landlady, Rosalia Sanchez, every morning?
(a) That she is still alive.
(b) That she hasn't disappeared.
(c) That he hasn't moved out in the middle of the night.
(d) That she is the fairest in the land.
7. Why does Odd explain in Chapter 2 that he is more scared than Harlo when they are in the woman's house?
(a) Odd has more to lose.
(b) Odd was worried about the small boy's life.
(c) Harlo was hardened to this kind of thing.
(d) Odd can't control his movements.
8. What does Stormy tell Odd that the bodachs are in the beginning of Chapter 8 when Odd tells her that there are three of them with the Fungus Man?
(a) They are bad for business.
(b) It doesn't seem real to her.
(c) They are bad luck.
(d) They make her itch.
9. What does Ozzie advise Odd to get after hearing about Robertson's house and the black room?
(a) Get out of town.
(b) Leave this one alone.
(c) Hold a seance.
(d) Get a gun.
10. What does Odd put into the doorway of the room to watch it vanish completely?
(a) His hand.
(b) A sock found laying on the floor.
(c) His foot.
(d) A broom handle.
11. What does Odd do after he sees himself enter the black room?
(a) He pulls out a camera.
(b) He sets fire to the house.
(c) He leaves the house.
(d) He waits several seconds and then enters the room again.
12. What does Odd say that heating and cooling does to the human mind?
(a) Softens it.
(b) Makes it brittle.
(c) Drives it away from its owner.
(d) Makes it weak.
13. Who does Odd say that Horton Barks had had dinner with twenty years earlier?
(a) A banshee.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Big Foot.
14. How many bodachs had Odd seen with Gary Tolliver in the days leading up to Gary murdering his entire family with a power drill?
(c) One large one.
(d) Too many to number.
15. What has Harlo put on the white pieces of felt?
(a) Penny's spit.
(b) Penny's virgin blood.
(d) Some of Penny's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say happened to the boy that also could see the bodachs?
2. What does Odd notice about the sounds in Fungus Man's house?
3. Who does Odd go to see after leaving Robertson's house?
4. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
5. What does the police chief take when he first comes in the diner?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)