|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pajama woman holding in either hand when Harlo and Odd bust through her glass door?
(a) A cell phone and a cup of coffee.
(b) A phone and a knife.
(c) A Bible and a meat cleaver.
(d) A gun and a knife.
2. What does Odd realize about the time when he is thrown from the room in Chapter 10?
(a) It is thirty years earlier.
(b) Time has stopped.
(c) He has gone backward through time.
(d) Two days has past.
3. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
(a) Ucky Muck.
(b) Bad Luck.
(c) Mud Hole.
(d) Dead Man.
4. What is the neighborhood called when Fungus Man drives to?
(a) Gato Frito.
(b) Hard Luck.
(c) Camp's End.
(d) Hades Room.
5. What does Stormy tell Odd that the bodachs are in the beginning of Chapter 8 when Odd tells her that there are three of them with the Fungus Man?
(a) It doesn't seem real to her.
(b) They are bad for business.
(c) They are bad luck.
(d) They make her itch.
6. How many children does Rosalia have?
7. What does Odd say he will NEVER contemplate a career in?
(b) Law enforcement.
8. What does Odd say his Granny Sugars called God?
(a) The collector.
(b) The man upstairs.
(c) Her only hope.
(d) That old rug merchant.
9. What is Odd looking for when he first enters Fungus Man's home?
(a) Dead bodies.
(c) Satan worshiping guides.
(d) He isn't sure.
10. Why does Odd explain in Chapter 2 that he is more scared than Harlo when they are in the woman's house?
(a) Odd can't control his movements.
(b) Odd has more to lose.
(c) Odd was worried about the small boy's life.
(d) Harlo was hardened to this kind of thing.
11. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
(a) The same dreams.
(b) Matching birthmarks.
(c) The same destiny.
(d) The same birthday.
12. What trace does Odd say the many bodachs have left behind in Chapter 12 when they leave?
(a) An evil presence.
(b) A foul smell.
(d) Some of their black mist.
13. What does Harlo drive?
(b) 1968 Pontiac Firebird.
(c) 1967 Step-side Chevy.
14. How many bodachs had Odd seen with Gary Tolliver in the days leading up to Gary murdering his entire family with a power drill?
(b) Too many to number.
(d) One large one.
15. What does Odd do after he sees himself enter the black room?
(a) He pulls out a camera.
(b) He leaves the house.
(c) He waits several seconds and then enters the room again.
(d) He sets fire to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd have to prove to his landlady, Rosalia Sanchez, every morning?
2. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
3. In chapter thirteen what does Odd realize that the black room is actually used as by Fungus Man?
4. What does Odd say he was worried might happen in the beginning of chapter eleven when he entered the black room for he second time?
5. What does Odd NOT say that Terri is for him?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)