|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the police chief take when he first comes in the diner?
(a) A blood sugar pill.
(b) A beer.
(c) Pepcid AC.
(d) A nitro tablet.
2. What are 'cardiac shingles' that are ordered in Chapter 5?
(c) Buttered muffins.
(d) Toast with butter.
3. What does Odd notice about the sounds in Fungus Man's house?
(a) There are no sounds.
(b) The sounds are extremely loud.
(c) There is the sound of death.
(d) He can hear whispering.
4. What does Ozzie do each time that Odd leaves?
(a) Kisses Odd on each cheek.
(b) Recites Mark Twain to Odd.
(c) Does a small dance.
(d) Hugs Odd like a father.
5. Why does Odd suggest he had to confront Harlo right then?
(a) He believes Harlo might have been about to kill again.
(b) Odd wasn't thinking straight.
(c) Penny was too angry.
(d) Harlo had friends in high places who could have gotten him off.
6. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
(a) It cannot be changed.
(b) It is not very reliable.
(c) He doesn't have one.
(d) It is fifteen minutes slow.
7. What does Odd say he has been thinking of changing jobs to?
(b) Legal assistant.
(d) Dental assistant.
8. How many children does Rosalia have?
9. What does Ozzie tell Odd to bring Stormy around to see?
(a) The blown up cow.
(b) His new barbecue.
(c) His wine collection.
(d) His new manuscript.
10. Why does Odd explain in Chapter 2 that he is more scared than Harlo when they are in the woman's house?
(a) Odd can't control his movements.
(b) Odd was worried about the small boy's life.
(c) Odd has more to lose.
(d) Harlo was hardened to this kind of thing.
11. What does Rosalia say has happened to her family rather than them having died?
(a) Became cats.
(c) Went to another plane of consciousness.
(d) Left the country.
12. Who does Odd say is the only person who knows all of his secrets?
(a) His Granny Sugars.
13. What does Odd say Elvis seems to be doing in Chapter 14 that worries Odd?
(a) Arguing with himself.
(b) Cutting himself.
(c) Dancing with an invisible woman.
(d) Singing to an invisible audience.
14. What does Odd explain in chapter fourteen that his father is trying to do to get rich quick?
(a) Help people invest their money wisely.
(b) Start his own modeling agency.
(c) Marry a rich woman.
(d) Sell off pieces of the moon.
15. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
(a) Writing talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5 what does Odd compare being a short order cook to?
2. What does Odd say he will NEVER contemplate a career in?
3. In Chapter 13 who does Odd recognize in one of the pictures in Fungus Man's study?
4. What does Ozzie compare Robertson to in Chapter 17?
5. Who is Stormy's uncle?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)