|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trace does Odd say the many bodachs have left behind in Chapter 12 when they leave?
(b) A foul smell.
(c) An evil presence.
(d) Some of their black mist.
2. Although Terri is old enough to be Odd's mother what does Odd say she is not enough of to be his mother?
3. In Chapter 5 what does Odd compare being a short order cook to?
(a) A symphony conductor.
(b) A brain surgeon.
(c) A theatre actor.
(d) A policeman.
4. What does Odd put into the doorway of the room to watch it vanish completely?
(a) His hand.
(b) His foot.
(c) A sock found laying on the floor.
(d) A broom handle.
5. In Chapter 10 what does Odd say he would have said if he had been able to talk to the other him standing in the doorway of the room?
(a) Have we met before?
(b) What's up?
(c) How's it hanging?
(d) Read any good books lately?
6. What does Odd have to prove to his landlady, Rosalia Sanchez, every morning?
(a) That she is still alive.
(b) That she is the fairest in the land.
(c) That she hasn't disappeared.
(d) That he hasn't moved out in the middle of the night.
7. Who does Odd say that Horton Barks had had dinner with twenty years earlier?
(a) Big Foot.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) A banshee.
8. What does Odd NOT say that Terri is for him?
(a) Authority on Elvis.
(b) Culinary mentor.
(c) Surrogate mother.
(d) His dating service.
9. What does Odd say he will NEVER contemplate a career in?
(c) Law enforcement.
10. Why does Odd suggest he had to confront Harlo right then?
(a) He believes Harlo might have been about to kill again.
(b) Odd wasn't thinking straight.
(c) Penny was too angry.
(d) Harlo had friends in high places who could have gotten him off.
11. Who does Odd go to see after leaving Robertson's house?
(c) Chief Porter.
(d) Newspaper reporter.
12. What does Odd realize about the time when he is thrown from the room in Chapter 10?
(a) It is thirty years earlier.
(b) Two days has past.
(c) Time has stopped.
(d) He has gone backward through time.
13. In chapter thirteen what does Odd realize that the black room is actually used as by Fungus Man?
(a) Spare bedroom.
(d) A completely empty room.
14. What does Odd say he was worried might happen in the beginning of chapter eleven when he entered the black room for he second time?
(a) Be transfered far from the current date.
(b) Become trapped in a time loop.
(c) Be caught by the Fungus Man.
(d) Find out what the red eye is.
15. How did Rosalia Sanchez lose her sisters?
(a) They were on a boat that sank.
(b) Plan hijacked on 9-11.
(c) They all died from cancer.
(d) They were murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
2. What does Terri offer to loan Odd to check out Fungus Man?
3. What does Odd say bodachs seem to feed on and attracts them?
4. What does Odd notice about the house's temperature when inside?
5. What does Odd do after he sees himself enter the black room?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)