|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
(a) The dead are only part of what they used to be.
(b) He doesn't know why.
(c) They speak only to the pure of heart.
(d) There is a gap between this world and the world of the dead.
2. What does Odd realize about the time when he is thrown from the room in Chapter 10?
(a) Two days has past.
(b) Time has stopped.
(c) It is thirty years earlier.
(d) He has gone backward through time.
3. What does Odd tell Viola will happen to her?
(a) She is going to have a car accident within a week.
(b) She will die of old age in her bed.
(c) She will marry again and be happy.
(d) She will dance at her children's weddings.
4. What does Odd hit Harlo with while Harlo is holding the little boy by the left foot?
(a) A panda bear lamp.
(b) The kids telescope.
(c) A bolt of cosmic energy.
(d) A glass piggy bank.
5. In Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the altar at which most people worship?
(d) Fun Times.
6. What does Ozzie compare Robertson to in Chapter 17?
(a) Pit viper.
(b) Tazmanian devil.
(c) Demon of Canterville.
(d) Albino cockroach.
7. What does Odd say that heating and cooling does to the human mind?
(a) Drives it away from its owner.
(b) Softens it.
(c) Makes it brittle.
(d) Makes it weak.
8. What does Odd say is the tallest building in Pico Mundo?
(a) The high school.
(b) The mayor's house.
(c) The four story bank.
(d) St. Bartholomew's church.
9. What does Odd say you hear if you hold a seashell up to your ear which was found while excavating for a new subdivision in Pico Mundo?
(d) Dry mournful wind.
10. Where does Odd learn that Robertson got his large sum of money?
(a) Divorced a ritch woman.
(b) Wife died with large insurance policy.
(c) No one is sure.
11. How does Odd feel when he leaves Ozzie's house in Chapter 17?
12. What does Odd say about the connection between him and Stormy?
(a) They are just friends.
(b) They are going into business together.
(c) They are soul mates.
(d) He enjoys her company.
13. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
(a) It is fifteen minutes slow.
(b) He doesn't have one.
(c) It cannot be changed.
(d) It is not very reliable.
14. What is the neighborhood called when Fungus Man drives to?
(a) Hard Luck.
(b) Gato Frito.
(c) Camp's End.
(d) Hades Room.
15. Who does Odd go to see after leaving Robertson's house?
(a) Newspaper reporter.
(b) Chief Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd notice about the house's temperature when inside?
2. What does Odd say he would do for Stormy if she asked, provided she had a good reason?
3. What does Odd say he will NEVER contemplate a career in?
4. Who does Odd say is the only person who knows all of his secrets?
5. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)