|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harlo drive?
(b) 1968 Pontiac Firebird.
(c) 1967 Step-side Chevy.
2. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
(a) A child crying.
(b) People screaming.
(c) A beast.
(d) Nothing at all.
3. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
(a) Trial and error.
(b) The last defense.
(c) Boot camp.
(d) Nothing to worry about.
4. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
(a) Threw up on Odd's lap.
(b) Scratched Odd's legs.
(c) Peed in Odd's shoes.
(d) Pooped in Odd's coat.
5. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
(a) Matching birthmarks.
(b) The same dreams.
(c) The same birthday.
(d) The same destiny.
6. What does Odd say that Harlo does with the pieces of white felt that he carries around with him?
(a) Tapes it to his chest.
(b) Bites it.
(c) Licks it.
(d) Holds it.
7. How does Odd feel when he leaves Ozzie's house in Chapter 17?
8. How old was Terri when Elvis died?
9. What does Odd find in Fungus Man's house in the end of Chapter 9?
(a) An array of trapped spirits.
(b) A vortex of death.
(c) The black room.
(d) A gun and a list of people to die.
10. In Chapter 5 what does Odd compare being a short order cook to?
(a) A brain surgeon.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A symphony conductor.
(d) A theatre actor.
11. What does Odd say might happen if the bodachs knew he could see them?
(a) They would try to sway him to their purposes.
(b) He might be in danger.
(c) They would be more fearful of him.
(d) They would send others after him.
12. In Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the altar at which most people worship?
(d) Fun Times.
13. What are 'cardiac shingles' that are ordered in Chapter 5?
(a) Buttered muffins.
(b) Toast with butter.
14. How many children does Rosalia have?
15. What does Odd do after he sees himself enter the black room?
(a) He leaves the house.
(b) He pulls out a camera.
(c) He waits several seconds and then enters the room again.
(d) He sets fire to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd see in Chapter 14 before he leaves Robertson's house?
2. What does Odd see while walking to work in Chapter 4?
3. What does Odd say his Granny Sugars called God?
4. What else does Odd say draws the attention of the bodachs in addition to murders?
5. Who does Odd go to see after leaving Robertson's house?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)