|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
(a) Peed in Odd's shoes.
(b) Scratched Odd's legs.
(c) Pooped in Odd's coat.
(d) Threw up on Odd's lap.
2. Who does Odd go to see after leaving Robertson's house?
(b) Chief Porter.
(d) Newspaper reporter.
3. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
(a) It is fifteen minutes slow.
(b) It is not very reliable.
(c) He doesn't have one.
(d) It cannot be changed.
4. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
(a) The day after Halloween.
(b) A week before summer vacation.
5. Who does Odd say that Horton Barks had had dinner with twenty years earlier?
(a) A banshee.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Big Foot.
6. What does Odd say happened to the boy that also could see the bodachs?
(a) He was crushed moments after speaking about them.
(b) He became catatonic.
(c) He went mad after an encounter with them.
(d) He disappeared while searching the bodachs out.
7. What does Odd say might happen if the bodachs knew he could see them?
(a) They would try to sway him to their purposes.
(b) They would be more fearful of him.
(c) He might be in danger.
(d) They would send others after him.
8. What does Odd say is the tallest building in Pico Mundo?
(a) St. Bartholomew's church.
(b) The mayor's house.
(c) The high school.
(d) The four story bank.
9. How old was Terri when Elvis died?
10. What are 'cardiac shingles' that are ordered in Chapter 5?
(a) Buttered muffins.
(c) Toast with butter.
11. What does the police chief take when he first comes in the diner?
(a) A beer.
(b) Pepcid AC.
(c) A nitro tablet.
(d) A blood sugar pill.
12. How did Rosalia Sanchez lose her sisters?
(a) They all died from cancer.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They were on a boat that sank.
(d) Plan hijacked on 9-11.
13. What does Odd have to prove to his landlady, Rosalia Sanchez, every morning?
(a) That he hasn't moved out in the middle of the night.
(b) That she hasn't disappeared.
(c) That she is still alive.
(d) That she is the fairest in the land.
14. What does Odd notice about the house's temperature when inside?
(a) It is breezy.
(b) It is the same as outside.
(c) It is extremely cold.
(d) It is very hot and musty.
15. What does Stormy accuse Odd of having?
(a) A wierd past time.
(b) A superhero complex.
(c) A messiah complex.
(d) A knack for sniffing out the wierdos.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the altar at which most people worship?
2. Who is Stormy's uncle?
3. What does Odd say that Penny's hand feels like in Chapter 3?
4. What does Odd say he will NEVER contemplate a career in?
5. How does Odd say that bodachs get into places?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)