|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the police chief take when he first comes in the diner?
(a) A nitro tablet.
(b) Pepcid AC.
(c) A blood sugar pill.
(d) A beer.
2. What does Odd think is possibly the reason that Terri is so obsessed with Elvis' life?
(a) She may be a latent medium.
(b) She wanted to be famous.
(c) She began dreaming of Elvis.
(d) She had a family connection to him.
3. What does Odd tell Ozzie to do after Odd is out of the house?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Lock the doors.
(c) Get out of town.
(d) Close the windows.
4. Although Terri is old enough to be Odd's mother what does Odd say she is not enough of to be his mother?
5. What does Odd do after he sees himself enter the black room?
(a) He waits several seconds and then enters the room again.
(b) He leaves the house.
(c) He pulls out a camera.
(d) He sets fire to the house.
6. Why does Odd suggest he had to confront Harlo right then?
(a) Harlo had friends in high places who could have gotten him off.
(b) Odd wasn't thinking straight.
(c) Penny was too angry.
(d) He believes Harlo might have been about to kill again.
7. How many bodachs had Odd seen with Gary Tolliver in the days leading up to Gary murdering his entire family with a power drill?
(c) One large one.
(d) Too many to number.
8. What does Ozzie advise Odd to get after hearing about Robertson's house and the black room?
(a) Hold a seance.
(b) Leave this one alone.
(c) Get a gun.
(d) Get out of town.
9. What does Odd see while walking to work in Chapter 4?
(b) Thirteen bodachs.
(c) One more ghost.
(d) Three bodachs.
10. What does Odd NOT say that the bodachs have reminded him of in Chapter 12?
11. How many bodachs does Odd guess is surrounding the Fungus Man after he leaves the diner in Chapter 5?
(b) Two hundred.
12. What does Odd say Elvis seems to be doing in Chapter 14 that worries Odd?
(a) Dancing with an invisible woman.
(b) Singing to an invisible audience.
(c) Cutting himself.
(d) Arguing with himself.
13. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
(a) It is not very reliable.
(b) It is fifteen minutes slow.
(c) He doesn't have one.
(d) It cannot be changed.
14. What does Odd hit Harlo with while Harlo is holding the little boy by the left foot?
(a) The kids telescope.
(b) A glass piggy bank.
(c) A panda bear lamp.
(d) A bolt of cosmic energy.
15. What is the neighborhood called when Fungus Man drives to?
(a) Camp's End.
(b) Gato Frito.
(c) Hard Luck.
(d) Hades Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say might happen if the bodachs knew he could see them?
2. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
3. What does Rosalia say has happened to her family rather than them having died?
4. What does Odd speculate about what makes the room turn into the black room?
5. What does Porter tell Odd he is to say if someone asks why Odd chased Harlo?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)