|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd say Elvis seems to be doing in Chapter 14 that worries Odd?
(a) Arguing with himself.
(b) Singing to an invisible audience.
(c) Cutting himself.
(d) Dancing with an invisible woman.
2. What are 'cardiac shingles' that are ordered in Chapter 5?
(b) Toast with butter.
(c) Buttered muffins.
3. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
(a) Dead Man.
(b) Bad Luck.
(c) Mud Hole.
(d) Ucky Muck.
4. In chapter thirteen what does Odd realize that the black room is actually used as by Fungus Man?
(b) Spare bedroom.
(c) A completely empty room.
5. In Chapter 5 what does Odd compare being a short order cook to?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A symphony conductor.
(c) A brain surgeon.
(d) A theatre actor.
6. What does Odd say bodachs seem to feed on and attracts them?
(a) Death and violence.
(b) Hate and deceit.
(d) Fear and disappointment.
7. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
(a) The day after Halloween.
(b) A week before summer vacation.
8. Where do Stormy and Odd eat in Chapter 18?
(a) Top of Stormy's house.
(b) The park.
(c) The church belfry.
(d) Odd's apartment.
9. Why does Odd explain in Chapter 2 that he is more scared than Harlo when they are in the woman's house?
(a) Harlo was hardened to this kind of thing.
(b) Odd can't control his movements.
(c) Odd was worried about the small boy's life.
(d) Odd has more to lose.
10. What does Stormy accuse Odd of having?
(a) A wierd past time.
(b) A messiah complex.
(c) A knack for sniffing out the wierdos.
(d) A superhero complex.
11. What does Odd say happened to the boy that also could see the bodachs?
(a) He went mad after an encounter with them.
(b) He disappeared while searching the bodachs out.
(c) He was crushed moments after speaking about them.
(d) He became catatonic.
12. What does Odd say his Granny Sugars called God?
(a) Her only hope.
(b) The man upstairs.
(c) The collector.
(d) That old rug merchant.
13. What talent does Ozzie feel that Odd is squandering?
(c) Writing talent.
14. What does Odd find while looking at Robertson's bank statements?
(a) Robertson is rich.
(b) Robertson has taken out several loans recently.
(c) Robertson has a Social Security scam going on.
(d) Robertson has three off shore accounts.
15. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
(a) Peed in Odd's shoes.
(b) Scratched Odd's legs.
(c) Pooped in Odd's coat.
(d) Threw up on Odd's lap.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rosalia Sanchez lose her sisters?
2. Who does Odd say that Horton Barks had had dinner with twenty years earlier?
3. What does Rosalia say has happened to her family rather than them having died?
4. What does the waitress, Viola, tell Odd she saw in her dream?
5. What is the neighborhood called when Fungus Man drives to?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)