|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Stormy and Odd eat in Chapter 18?
(a) Odd's apartment.
(b) Top of Stormy's house.
(c) The park.
(d) The church belfry.
2. What does Odd tell the chief happens to people when they die?
(a) They disappear.
(b) They get to fly around like angels.
(c) They change.
(d) They have to move on.
3. When Odd travels into the room what does he turn and see standing in the doorway?
(a) Fungus Man.
4. What else does Odd say draws the attention of the bodachs in addition to murders?
(a) Natural disasters in which large numbers of people die.
(d) Bad dreams.
5. What does Odd NOT say that Terri is for him?
(a) Authority on Elvis.
(b) His dating service.
(c) Culinary mentor.
(d) Surrogate mother.
6. What are 'cardiac shingles' that are ordered in Chapter 5?
(a) Toast with butter.
(b) Buttered muffins.
7. When Odd looks in Fungus Man's file cabinet in chapter thirteen, what does Odd find under the name Robert Thomas Robertson, Fungus Man's real name?
(a) A satanic catalogue.
(b) A diary.
(c) Calendar day Wednesday, August 15.
(d) An odd poem.
8. What does Odd say that Harlo does with the pieces of white felt that he carries around with him?
(a) Holds it.
(b) Tapes it to his chest.
(c) Bites it.
(d) Licks it.
9. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
(a) He doesn't know why.
(b) They speak only to the pure of heart.
(c) The dead are only part of what they used to be.
(d) There is a gap between this world and the world of the dead.
10. What does Odd find in Fungus Man's house in the end of Chapter 9?
(a) The black room.
(b) An array of trapped spirits.
(c) A gun and a list of people to die.
(d) A vortex of death.
11. What does Odd explain about his internal clock?
(a) He doesn't have one.
(b) It cannot be changed.
(c) It is not very reliable.
(d) It is fifteen minutes slow.
12. What does Odd see in Chapter 14 before he leaves Robertson's house?
(a) A snake.
(b) A raven.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A swallow.
13. What does Ozzie compare Robertson to in Chapter 17?
(a) Demon of Canterville.
(b) Albino cockroach.
(c) Tazmanian devil.
(d) Pit viper.
14. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
(a) Dead Man.
(b) Ucky Muck.
(c) Mud Hole.
(d) Bad Luck.
15. What does Odd explain in chapter fourteen that his father is trying to do to get rich quick?
(a) Sell off pieces of the moon.
(b) Marry a rich woman.
(c) Help people invest their money wisely.
(d) Start his own modeling agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Odd describe the man who ordered him to write this memoir, Boone?
2. In Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the altar at which most people worship?
3. Why does Odd suggest he had to confront Harlo right then?
4. What does the police chief take when he first comes in the diner?
5. What do the cops find in Harlo's wallet when he is taken away by police?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)