Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. How is Granny Sugars described in Chapter 1?
2. How does Odd describe the relationship between him and Stormy in Chapter 1?
3. When Odd first sees Harlo how is Harlo's past described?
4. Describe the confrontation between Odd and Harlo in Chapter 1.
5. In chapter one how does Odd describe what he is after he has confronted Harlo?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 1 what does Odd say is the reason that he has written his memoir?
This section contains 925 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)