|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Odd describe the man who ordered him to write this memoir, Boone?
(a) Four-hundred pounds with six fingers on his left hand.
(b) Three-hundred pounds missing his left hand.
(c) Two-hundred and seventy-five pounds with a black belt.
(d) One-hundred and ninety pounds with salt and pepper hair.
2. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
(a) Scratched Odd's legs.
(b) Threw up on Odd's lap.
(c) Pooped in Odd's coat.
(d) Peed in Odd's shoes.
3. What does Odd say you hear if you hold a seashell up to your ear which was found while excavating for a new subdivision in Pico Mundo?
(c) Dry mournful wind.
4. How did Rosalia Sanchez lose her sisters?
(a) They all died from cancer.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) Plan hijacked on 9-11.
(d) They were on a boat that sank.
5. Why does Odd explain in Chapter 2 that he is more scared than Harlo when they are in the woman's house?
(a) Harlo was hardened to this kind of thing.
(b) Odd was worried about the small boy's life.
(c) Odd can't control his movements.
(d) Odd has more to lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd hear when he puts the shell to his ear that Penny Kallisto gives him?
2. What does Odd say about the connection between him and Stormy?
3. Who does Odd say that Horton Barks had had dinner with twenty years earlier?
4. What does Odd say he has been thinking of changing jobs to?
5. What does Penny do that gives Odd strength in Chapter 1?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)