|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Porter tell Odd he is to say if someone asks why Odd chased Harlo?
(a) They were fighting over a girl they both liked.
(b) He saw the pictures of Penny when Harlo opened his wallet.
(c) Odd had been asking around about Penny and was given a tip.
(d) He was chasing Harlo for shoplifting.
2. What does Odd say he would do for Stormy if she asked, provided she had a good reason?
(a) Eat poison.
(b) Jump off a cliff.
(c) Starve himself to death.
(d) Walk the plank.
3. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
(a) Boot camp.
(b) The last defense.
(c) Nothing to worry about.
(d) Trial and error.
4. What does Harlo drive?
(b) 1967 Step-side Chevy.
(c) 1968 Pontiac Firebird.
5. What does Penny do that gives Odd strength in Chapter 1?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Gives him some of her courage.
(c) Gives him a spell.
(d) Holds his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say that Harlo does with the pieces of white felt that he carries around with him?
2. What does Odd have to prove to his landlady, Rosalia Sanchez, every morning?
3. Why does Odd explain in Chapter 2 that he is more scared than Harlo when they are in the woman's house?
4. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
5. What does Odd hit Harlo with while Harlo is holding the little boy by the left foot?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)