|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
(a) Ucky Muck.
(b) Mud Hole.
(c) Dead Man.
(d) Bad Luck.
2. What does Rosalia say has happened to her family rather than them having died?
(a) Became cats.
(b) Went to another plane of consciousness.
(c) Left the country.
3. Why does Odd suggest he had to confront Harlo right then?
(a) Harlo had friends in high places who could have gotten him off.
(b) Odd wasn't thinking straight.
(c) He believes Harlo might have been about to kill again.
(d) Penny was too angry.
4. What does Odd have to prove to his landlady, Rosalia Sanchez, every morning?
(a) That he hasn't moved out in the middle of the night.
(b) That she is still alive.
(c) That she hasn't disappeared.
(d) That she is the fairest in the land.
5. What does Odd say he and Stormy have?
(a) Matching birthmarks.
(b) The same birthday.
(c) The same destiny.
(d) The same dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Odd say is the only person who knows all of his secrets?
2. How many children does Rosalia have?
3. What does Odd say that Penny's hand feels like in Chapter 3?
4. How did Rosalia Sanchez lose her sisters?
5. What does Porter tell Odd he is to say if someone asks why Odd chased Harlo?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)