|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odd suggest he had to confront Harlo right then?
(a) Penny was too angry.
(b) He believes Harlo might have been about to kill again.
(c) Harlo had friends in high places who could have gotten him off.
(d) Odd wasn't thinking straight.
2. What does Odd say that Penny's hand feels like in Chapter 3?
(c) Real as a living child.
(d) Cold and distant.
3. What does Odd NOT reply when Harlo asks how Odd is doing?
4. How does Odd describe the man who ordered him to write this memoir, Boone?
(a) Four-hundred pounds with six fingers on his left hand.
(b) One-hundred and ninety pounds with salt and pepper hair.
(c) Three-hundred pounds missing his left hand.
(d) Two-hundred and seventy-five pounds with a black belt.
5. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
(a) The day after Halloween.
(d) A week before summer vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
2. What does Odd say he has been thinking of changing jobs to?
3. What has Boone's cat done that makes Odd dislike him?
4. What does Rosalia say has happened to her family rather than them having died?
5. What does Harlo drive?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)