|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odd say you hear if you hold a seashell up to your ear which was found while excavating for a new subdivision in Pico Mundo?
(a) Dry mournful wind.
2. What does Stormy tell Odd that the bodachs are in the beginning of Chapter 8 when Odd tells her that there are three of them with the Fungus Man?
(a) They make her itch.
(b) They are bad for business.
(c) It doesn't seem real to her.
(d) They are bad luck.
3. What day does Odd say the story begins on?
(c) A week before summer vacation.
(d) The day after Halloween.
4. What does the name given to the man-made lake outside the city limits of Pico Mundo mean?
(a) Dead Man.
(b) Mud Hole.
(c) Ucky Muck.
(d) Bad Luck.
5. Why does Odd suggest he had to confront Harlo right then?
(a) He believes Harlo might have been about to kill again.
(b) Odd wasn't thinking straight.
(c) Harlo had friends in high places who could have gotten him off.
(d) Penny was too angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odd say he was worried might happen in the beginning of chapter eleven when he entered the black room for he second time?
2. Why does Odd say that the dead don't talk?
3. What does Odd describe the way that Stormy views this life?
4. How many of the bodachs does Fungus Man have when he leaves the mall?
5. What does Odd say that Harlo does with the pieces of white felt that he carries around with him?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)