|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bond presume the nondescript middle-aged man to be?
(a) Secret Service from the U.S. government.
(b) His second man.
(c) A thief.
2. What is Bond's first observation of the crossing site?
(a) Weeds and rubble for good coverage.
(b) The ten-story building standing close by.
(c) How high the wall is that the agent climbs.
(d) The large amount of open space that is uncovered.
3. What is Bond's limitation as he goes out for the day in Berlin?
(a) Must be in the apartment by five in the evening.
(b) He is not allowed to go to certain neighborhoods.
(c) He must disguise his face with glasses and a hat.
(d) He is not to speak to anyone.
4. Where does Bond end up meeting his intended person for the mission?
(a) At the Astor Hotel bar.
(b) Empire State Building.
(c) Central Park Zoo.
(d) Rockefeller Center.
5. What does Bond consider about the auto firm he uses?
(a) The driver is with the U.S. Secret Service.
(b) They is with the KGB.
(c) They know his true identity.
(d) They know where a famous brownstone is located.
6. Why does Bond stay at the Astor Hotel?
(a) It is requested by the other meeting party.
(b) It's quiet neighborhood.
(c) It has a great restaurant for lunch.
(d) Its location in Times Square.
7. How does Bond's arrival to the U.S. begin?
(a) With a possible robbery case.
(b) With lots of waiting.
(c) With lots of questioning by customs.
(d) Smoothly and quickly.
8. What is the original title of "007 in New York"?
(a) Reflections in a Cadillac.
(b) New York Has Everything.
(c) Memories in Times Square.
(d) A Day in New York.
9. What are M's feelings as he gives Bond his assignment in "The Living Daylights"?
(a) Prefers to give the assignment rather than do it.
(b) Proud to be British.
(c) Hates the job, but it must be done.
(d) Is happy that once he tells Bond his assignment, it's off his shoulders.
10. What brings Bond to "21"?
(b) The bartender.
(c) The aristocratic company.
(d) The oyster stew.
11. What is the out of ordinary event at Haus der Ministerien?
(a) The women's orchestra.
(b) The man that tinkers with a loud car in its parking lot.
(c) All the lit windows.
(d) The time a few of the staff enter and exit the building.
12. What is New York preparing for during Bond's assignment in New York?
(a) New Year's in Times Square.
(b) World's Fair.
(c) Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
13. What is Bond's relationship with Trigger?
(a) Bond must kill Trigger.
(b) Trigger knows about Bond, but Bond is unaware of Trigger.
(c) Bond and Trigger are to work together on an assignment.
(d) Trigger must kill Bond.
14. What is the one major thing New York does not have?
(a) Bland food.
(b) A Reptile House at Central Park Zoo.
(c) Abercrombie's is closed.
(d) The Astor Hotel is now gone.
15. What causes great anticipation in Bond's assignment?
(a) The crossing is possible over a three day period.
(b) Everyday Bond sees a little more of Trigger as the hand extends with the gun.
(c) The cello player.
(d) The fact that he gets to use a new weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much later does Bond meet with his intended person than planned?
2. What are the KGB's plans for Number 272?
3. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
4. The mood throughout most of the story can be described as ________________.
5. What last move does Bond make before he shoots?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)