|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bond's feelings, as he receives the assignment from M in "The Living Daylights"?
(a) Proud to be British.
(b) Reluctant and unwilling until forced to do so.
(c) Is happy to help a fellow agent.
(d) Prefers to receive the assignment than give it.
2. What is Bond's impression of Sender?
(a) Believes Sender is unfit for the Secret Service.
(b) Believes he is a typical Wykehamist.
(c) Thinks they make a good duo for missions.
(d) Impressed by his easy-going nature.
3. How does Bond relax himself before he takes his position?
(a) Calls M.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(d) Drinks a cup of tea.
4. What causes great anticipation in Bond's assignment?
(a) Everyday Bond sees a little more of Trigger as the hand extends with the gun.
(b) The crossing is possible over a three day period.
(c) The cello player.
(d) The fact that he gets to use a new weapon.
5. According to the grocery clerk, why doesn't New York carry brown eggs?
(a) They are too expensive.
(b) The color is too drab for breakfast.
(c) People think they are dirty.
(d) New York chickens don't make brown eggs.
6. How does Bond sense trouble from M when he meets with him?
(a) M gives no greeting.
(b) M is extra polite.
(c) M furrows his brows.
(d) M gives a forced smile.
7. How does Sender handle Bond's work?
(a) Chooses not to write the truth in his report to protect Bond.
(b) Angry that Bond fails his mission on purpose.
(c) Disappointed in Bond.
(d) Understanding of Bond's decision.
8. What is Number 272 attempting to do?
(a) It's the plan to kill the British agent that holds sensitive information.
(b) Save the man that is crossing into Russian territory.
(c) It's a plan to save the British agent that is in Russian territory.
(d) Cross to West Berlin from East Berlin.
9. What does Bond tell the person he is meeting with?
(a) The U.S. is soon to find out who she is.
(b) The KGB is after her.
(c) The U.S. is watching her at this moment.
(d) M wants her to return.
10. What are the KGB's plans for Number 272?
(a) Murder him.
(b) Delay Number 272.
(c) To go through with it before the British Secret Service gets a hold of it.
(d) Stop it before it is enacted.
11. What does Bond consider about the auto firm he uses?
(a) They is with the KGB.
(b) They know his true identity.
(c) The driver is with the U.S. Secret Service.
(d) They know where a famous brownstone is located.
12. Who requests that Fleming write "007 in New York"?
(a) New York's Chapter of the James Bond Book Club.
(b) British publishers.
(c) His niece.
(d) American publishers.
13. Why is the Chief Range Officer present?
(a) The Chief Range Officer is a fan of Bond.
(b) He is ordered by the Ministry of Defence to be there.
(c) Bond does not trust anyone but him.
(d) To keep an eye on Bond's results for M.
14. In present time, where does most of the story's setting actually take place?
(a) In Times Square.
(b) At the Edwardian.
(c) In the Cadillac.
(d) At the Astor Hotel.
15. What does the Chief Range Officer invite Bond to?
(a) A drink at the bar.
(b) The Queen's Prize Competition.
(c) A shooting match between the Officer and Bond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond's relationship with Trigger?
2. What last move does Bond make before he shoots?
3. What does Bond add to his coffee when he makes his breakfast?
4. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
5. What is different about the double bedroom that Bond and Sender stay in than a typical flat?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)