|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is New York preparing for during Bond's assignment in New York?
(a) Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
(c) New Year's in Times Square.
(d) World's Fair.
2. What are Bond's plans before his rendezvous?
(a) Catch some dinner and jazz music.
(b) Visit the zoo.
(c) Walk around Harlem.
(d) Do some shopping.
3. What new weapon is Bond trying out in the beginning of "The Living Daylights"?
(a) A poison gas bomb.
(b) A cello that is really a gun.
(c) A sniperscope.
(d) A briefcase that shoots darts.
4. What does the Chief Range Officer invite Bond to?
(b) A drink at the bar.
(c) A shooting match between the Officer and Bond.
(d) The Queen's Prize Competition.
5. What familiarity does Bond experience in the building on Kochestrasse and Wilhlemstrasse?
(a) The architecture of the neighborhood.
(b) The decor of the building.
(c) The sounds on the streets.
(d) Smell of cabbage, cheap cigar and stale sweat.
6. What are Bond's feelings, as he receives the assignment from M in "The Living Daylights"?
(a) Prefers to receive the assignment than give it.
(b) Is happy to help a fellow agent.
(c) Proud to be British.
(d) Reluctant and unwilling until forced to do so.
7. Who requests that Fleming write "007 in New York"?
(a) His niece.
(b) New York's Chapter of the James Bond Book Club.
(c) British publishers.
(d) American publishers.
8. What is the one major thing New York does not have?
(a) The Astor Hotel is now gone.
(b) Abercrombie's is closed.
(c) Bland food.
(d) A Reptile House at Central Park Zoo.
9. What is Bond's first night like in Berlin?
(a) Filled with dreams.
10. Bond's night with Solange is likely spent _____.
(a) In Central Park Zoo.
(b) Listening to jazz music.
(c) At the sadist bar.
(d) At Rockefeller Center.
11. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
(a) A jazz lounge.
(b) A sadist and masochist bar.
(c) A restaurant with the best scrambled eggs in town.
(d) A good place to get Izod socks.
12. When is "007 in New York" first published in America?
13. What does the Chief Range Officer do to learn more about Bond?
(a) Call M.
(b) Call the NRA.
(c) Follow Bond.
(d) Call the Ministry of Defence.
14. What is Bond most concerned about, in regards to his new weapon?
(c) It's delay.
(d) Going through airport security.
15. What is Bond's relationship with Trigger?
(a) Trigger knows about Bond, but Bond is unaware of Trigger.
(b) Trigger must kill Bond.
(c) Bond must kill Trigger.
(d) Bond and Trigger are to work together on an assignment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the out of ordinary event at Haus der Ministerien?
2. How long does Bond expect to be in the U.S.?
3. What is most dangerous about the crossing site?
4. According to the grocery clerk, why doesn't New York carry brown eggs?
5. How much later does Bond meet with his intended person than planned?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)