|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief Range Officer invite Bond to?
(a) A drink at the bar.
(b) The Queen's Prize Competition.
(d) A shooting match between the Officer and Bond.
2. How does Bond relax himself before he takes his position?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Calls M.
(c) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(d) Drinks a cup of tea.
3. What publication first publishes "007 in New York"?
(a) Wall Street Journal.
(b) New York Times.
(c) New York Herald Tribune.
(d) The New Yorker.
4. The mood throughout most of the story can be described as ________________.
(c) Lost in thought.
5. What is Number 272 attempting to do?
(a) Cross to West Berlin from East Berlin.
(b) It's the plan to kill the British agent that holds sensitive information.
(c) Save the man that is crossing into Russian territory.
(d) It's a plan to save the British agent that is in Russian territory.
6. One of Bond's best meal in New York consists of _____.
(a) Seafood bisque with pink champagne.
(b) Clam chowder and a Miller Lite.
(c) Oyster stew and a Miller High Life.
(d) Scrambled eggs with white wine.
7. What is Bond's first observation of the crossing site?
(a) Weeds and rubble for good coverage.
(b) The large amount of open space that is uncovered.
(c) How high the wall is that the agent climbs.
(d) The ten-story building standing close by.
8. What are Bond's plans before his rendezvous?
(a) Do some shopping.
(b) Walk around Harlem.
(c) Catch some dinner and jazz music.
(d) Visit the zoo.
9. How does Bond's arrival to the U.S. begin?
(a) Smoothly and quickly.
(b) With lots of waiting.
(c) With a possible robbery case.
(d) With lots of questioning by customs.
10. What last move does Bond make before he shoots?
(a) He re-aims the sniperscope.
(b) He glances down the street to look for the cello player.
(c) He wipes the sweat off his hands.
(d) He glances to see where Number 272 is.
11. What causes Bond to sweat while waiting for his suitcase to be checked?
(a) The middle-aged man's stare.
(b) The hidden gun in his suitcase.
(c) The man's glare from the customs deparment.
(d) Central heating.
12. Where does Bond end up meeting his intended person for the mission?
(a) Rockefeller Center.
(b) Empire State Building.
(c) At the Astor Hotel bar.
(d) Central Park Zoo.
13. According to Bond, what is wrong with "expense-account aristocracy"?
(a) They are phony first-class citizens.
(b) They are picky with their orders and take the servers time away from him.
(c) They have money, but are too cheap to spend it.
(d) Their lack of taste deflated the food at the "21".
14. What does the Chief Range Officer do to learn more about Bond?
(a) Call the Ministry of Defence.
(b) Follow Bond.
(c) Call the NRA.
(d) Call M.
15. How does the KGB know the plans of Number 272?
(a) A double agent courier.
(b) A double agent in the Communications department.
(c) The British agent does not use encoded messaging.
(d) The message is intercepted by a KGB agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the most likely place Trigger sets up?
2. Up to what point does Bond's day actually go as planned?
3. What is the out of ordinary event at Haus der Ministerien?
4. What is the original title of "007 in New York"?
5. What is Bond's limitation as he goes out for the day in Berlin?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)