|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is New York preparing for during Bond's assignment in New York?
(b) World's Fair.
(c) New Year's in Times Square.
(d) Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
2. According to Bond, what is wrong with "expense-account aristocracy"?
(a) Their lack of taste deflated the food at the "21".
(b) They are phony first-class citizens.
(c) They have money, but are too cheap to spend it.
(d) They are picky with their orders and take the servers time away from him.
3. Where does Bond spend his first free afternoon while on assignment in Berlin?
(a) A walk to the Zoo.
(b) In the apartment.
(c) At a brownstone known by concierges and taxi drivers.
(d) At a bar.
4. What familiarity does Bond experience in the building on Kochestrasse and Wilhlemstrasse?
(a) Smell of cabbage, cheap cigar and stale sweat.
(b) The sounds on the streets.
(c) The decor of the building.
(d) The architecture of the neighborhood.
5. How are the FBI and CIA involved with Bond's mission?
(a) They are the ones Bond is warning the English woman about.
(b) They are protecting the American woman.
(c) They are after the Russian man too.
(d) They are trying to find David Barlow before Bond.
6. Why must Bond not reveal his true name in New York?
(a) Suspected KGB knows Bond's identity.
(b) The person Bond is meeting does not agree to meet if Bond is revealed.
(c) The assignment is against the U.S.
(d) Bond is wanted by the U.S government.
7. What causes great anticipation in Bond's assignment?
(a) The cello player.
(b) Everyday Bond sees a little more of Trigger as the hand extends with the gun.
(c) The crossing is possible over a three day period.
(d) The fact that he gets to use a new weapon.
8. What is Bond's relationship with Trigger?
(a) Bond must kill Trigger.
(b) Trigger must kill Bond.
(c) Bond and Trigger are to work together on an assignment.
(d) Trigger knows about Bond, but Bond is unaware of Trigger.
9. How does Bond feel about New York by the end of his visit?
(a) Happy he has time to spend there.
(b) Angry at it.
(c) Disappointed in its changes.
(d) That it is a sudden, but good visit.
10. What does Bond accuse Americans being too much of?
(d) Dependent on cars.
11. Where is Bond headed to after he leaves Bisley?
(b) East Berlin.
(c) M's office.
(d) West Berlin.
12. What does the Chief Range Officer do to learn more about Bond?
(a) Call the NRA.
(b) Call M.
(c) Call the Ministry of Defence.
(d) Follow Bond.
13. Who is Bond supposed to meet for the mission?
(a) An English woman.
(b) David Barlow.
(c) A Russian man.
(d) An American woman.
14. When the person meets Bond for the rendezvous, what is the person's reaction to Bond's news?
(a) Threatens suicide.
(b) Not surprised and already in preparation.
(c) Contemplates M's offer.
(d) Makes plans to hide away to Jamaica.
15. What does the Chief Range Officer invite Bond to?
(a) A drink at the bar.
(b) A shooting match between the Officer and Bond.
(d) The Queen's Prize Competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the most likely place Trigger sets up?
2. In present time, where does most of the story's setting actually take place?
3. According to the grocery clerk, why doesn't New York carry brown eggs?
4. Why is the Chief Range Officer present?
5. What is different about the double bedroom that Bond and Sender stay in than a typical flat?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)