|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bond's impression of Sender?
(a) Believes he is a typical Wykehamist.
(b) Believes Sender is unfit for the Secret Service.
(c) Thinks they make a good duo for missions.
(d) Impressed by his easy-going nature.
2. What is New York preparing for during Bond's assignment in New York?
(a) New Year's in Times Square.
(c) World's Fair.
(d) Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
3. Why must Bond not reveal his true name in New York?
(a) Bond is wanted by the U.S government.
(b) Suspected KGB knows Bond's identity.
(c) The assignment is against the U.S.
(d) The person Bond is meeting does not agree to meet if Bond is revealed.
4. What is Paul Sender's job?
(a) Keep an eye on the cello player.
(b) Help Bond with his mission.
(c) Receive Number 272.
(d) Be a back-up if Bond fails his mission.
5. What is the out of ordinary event at Haus der Ministerien?
(a) The man that tinkers with a loud car in its parking lot.
(b) The women's orchestra.
(c) All the lit windows.
(d) The time a few of the staff enter and exit the building.
6. What last move does Bond make before he shoots?
(a) He re-aims the sniperscope.
(b) He glances down the street to look for the cello player.
(c) He glances to see where Number 272 is.
(d) He wipes the sweat off his hands.
7. What causes Sender to be nervous the first night of the mission?
(a) Seeing Bond sweat so much.
(b) Movement amongst the rubble.
(c) Movement in the dark windows.
(d) Bond's drinking.
8. One of Bond's best meal in New York consists of _____.
(a) Oyster stew and a Miller High Life.
(b) Clam chowder and a Miller Lite.
(c) Seafood bisque with pink champagne.
(d) Scrambled eggs with white wine.
9. Who is David Barlow?
(a) Bond's second man for the assignment.
(b) The man Bond is supposed to meet.
(c) Bond's alias.
(d) The KGB agent that Bond warns the English woman about.
10. Who does Bond presume the nondescript middle-aged man to be?
(a) His second man.
(c) A thief.
(d) Secret Service from the U.S. government.
11. How does the KGB know the plans of Number 272?
(a) The British agent does not use encoded messaging.
(b) A double agent in the Communications department.
(c) The message is intercepted by a KGB agent.
(d) A double agent courier.
12. What does Bond add to his coffee when he makes his breakfast?
(c) A caffeine pill.
13. What does Bond focus on as he waits at the window?
(a) The weeds.
(b) The cello player.
(c) Number 272.
(d) Sender's advice.
14. Bond's night with Solange is likely spent _____.
(a) At the sadist bar.
(b) At Rockefeller Center.
(c) Listening to jazz music.
(d) In Central Park Zoo.
15. What is the corporal friend's job in connection with Bond's mission?
(a) Keep an eye on Bond as he goes around Berlin.
(b) Make a car backfire to mute gunshot noises.
(c) Make sure Bond's aparment is stocked with everything he needs.
(d) To distract Trigger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bond supposed to meet for the mission?
2. What is most dangerous about the crossing site?
3. What are the KGB's plans for Number 272?
4. What is the one major thing New York does not have?
5. The mood throughout most of the story can be described as ________________.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)