|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mood throughout most of the story can be described as ________________.
(a) Lost in thought.
2. Why does Bond stay at the Astor Hotel?
(a) It has a great restaurant for lunch.
(b) It is requested by the other meeting party.
(c) It's quiet neighborhood.
(d) Its location in Times Square.
3. Up to what point does Bond's day actually go as planned?
(a) After shopping for toothbrushes.
(b) After the Edwardian Room's lunch.
(c) After his appointment for his assignment.
(d) After dinner with Solange.
4. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
(a) A sadist and masochist bar.
(b) A restaurant with the best scrambled eggs in town.
(c) A jazz lounge.
(d) A good place to get Izod socks.
5. Why must Bond not reveal his true name in New York?
(a) Bond is wanted by the U.S government.
(b) The assignment is against the U.S.
(c) The person Bond is meeting does not agree to meet if Bond is revealed.
(d) Suspected KGB knows Bond's identity.
6. What kind of weapon does the KGB have for their mission?
(b) Poison gas.
(c) A sniperscope.
(d) A sub-machine gun.
7. According to Bond, what is missing from New York's market?
(a) Neon signs.
(b) Fresh foods.
(d) Sharp clothing shops.
8. How does Bond feel about New York by the end of his visit?
(a) Disappointed in its changes.
(b) Angry at it.
(c) That it is a sudden, but good visit.
(d) Happy he has time to spend there.
9. What are Bond's feelings, as he receives the assignment from M in "The Living Daylights"?
(a) Prefers to receive the assignment than give it.
(b) Reluctant and unwilling until forced to do so.
(c) Is happy to help a fellow agent.
(d) Proud to be British.
10. How does Bond relax himself before he takes his position?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Drinks a cup of tea.
(c) Calls M.
(d) Drinks a cup of coffee.
11. Of the listed, which is NOT a place Bond reminisces about?
(a) Ritz Carlton.
(c) St. Regis.
(d) The Arlen.
12. What does Bond accuse Americans being too much of?
(d) Dependent on cars.
13. Where is the most likely place Trigger sets up?
(a) Within the tall weeds.
(b) Dark windows of Haus der Ministerien.
(c) Along the shadows of the wall.
(d) Amongst the rubble.
14. What are the conditions as Bond tests his weapon?
(a) Pure darkness.
(b) Hot and sweaty.
(c) Low visibility.
(d) Frigid cold.
15. What is Bond's first observation of the crossing site?
(a) The ten-story building standing close by.
(b) The large amount of open space that is uncovered.
(c) Weeds and rubble for good coverage.
(d) How high the wall is that the agent climbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond spend his first free afternoon while on assignment in Berlin?
2. As Bond makes his plans, what does Bond remind himself of often?
3. What is Bond's last result when he tests his new weapon?
4. What are the KGB's plans for Number 272?
5. How are the FBI and CIA involved with Bond's mission?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)