|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bond think of his new weapon?
(a) Bond feels the need to bring its drawbacks to attention.
(b) Bond thinks it suffices, but he works with better.
(c) Bond refuses to use it and wants another better weapon.
(d) Bond believes it is good and approves.
2. What does Bond focus on as he waits at the window?
(a) Number 272.
(b) The cello player.
(c) The weeds.
(d) Sender's advice.
3. Up to what point does Bond's day actually go as planned?
(a) After shopping for toothbrushes.
(b) After his appointment for his assignment.
(c) After the Edwardian Room's lunch.
(d) After dinner with Solange.
4. What is Number 272 attempting to do?
(a) It's the plan to kill the British agent that holds sensitive information.
(b) Save the man that is crossing into Russian territory.
(c) It's a plan to save the British agent that is in Russian territory.
(d) Cross to West Berlin from East Berlin.
5. Why is the Chief Range Officer present?
(a) He is ordered by the Ministry of Defence to be there.
(b) The Chief Range Officer is a fan of Bond.
(c) Bond does not trust anyone but him.
(d) To keep an eye on Bond's results for M.
6. What does Bond accuse Americans being too much of?
(b) Dependent on cars.
7. What is M's attitude when Bond meets with him?
(b) Overly concerned.
(c) Too calm.
8. What causes Bond and Sender to argue?
(a) Bond drinks whisky before duty.
(b) Sender hovers over Bond too much.
(c) Sender is making too much noise for Bond to concentrate.
(d) Bond arrives late on the third day.
9. The mood throughout most of the story can be described as ________________.
(d) Lost in thought.
10. What is New York preparing for during Bond's assignment in New York?
(b) World's Fair.
(c) Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
(d) New Year's in Times Square.
11. What last move does Bond make before he shoots?
(a) He glances to see where Number 272 is.
(b) He wipes the sweat off his hands.
(c) He glances down the street to look for the cello player.
(d) He re-aims the sniperscope.
12. What are Bond's feelings, as he receives the assignment from M in "The Living Daylights"?
(a) Proud to be British.
(b) Is happy to help a fellow agent.
(c) Reluctant and unwilling until forced to do so.
(d) Prefers to receive the assignment than give it.
13. What publication first publishes "007 in New York"?
(a) New York Times.
(b) Wall Street Journal.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) New York Herald Tribune.
14. What causes Sender to be nervous the first night of the mission?
(a) Seeing Bond sweat so much.
(b) Movement amongst the rubble.
(c) Movement in the dark windows.
(d) Bond's drinking.
15. Why does Bond end up choosing The Edwardian Room for lunch?
(a) The martinis.
(b) The chef cooks his eggs as requested.
(c) It's nearby location to his rendezvous point.
(d) The oyster stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
2. What does Bond tell the person he is meeting with?
3. What is different about the double bedroom that Bond and Sender stay in than a typical flat?
4. What types of books do Bond prefer?
5. Who is David Barlow?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)