|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Chief Range Officer present?
(a) Bond does not trust anyone but him.
(b) The Chief Range Officer is a fan of Bond.
(c) He is ordered by the Ministry of Defence to be there.
(d) To keep an eye on Bond's results for M.
2. What does Bond focus on as he waits at the window?
(a) Number 272.
(b) Sender's advice.
(c) The cello player.
(d) The weeds.
3. What does Bond tell the person he is meeting with?
(a) The U.S. is soon to find out who she is.
(b) The KGB is after her.
(c) M wants her to return.
(d) The U.S. is watching her at this moment.
4. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
(a) A good place to get Izod socks.
(b) A sadist and masochist bar.
(c) A jazz lounge.
(d) A restaurant with the best scrambled eggs in town.
5. What is Bond's impression of Sender?
(a) Thinks they make a good duo for missions.
(b) Impressed by his easy-going nature.
(c) Believes he is a typical Wykehamist.
(d) Believes Sender is unfit for the Secret Service.
6. What causes great anticipation in Bond's assignment?
(a) The cello player.
(b) The fact that he gets to use a new weapon.
(c) Everyday Bond sees a little more of Trigger as the hand extends with the gun.
(d) The crossing is possible over a three day period.
7. How does Bond relax himself before he takes his position?
(a) Drinks a cup of tea.
(b) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Calls M.
8. What does the Chief Range Officer invite Bond to?
(a) A shooting match between the Officer and Bond.
(c) The Queen's Prize Competition.
(d) A drink at the bar.
9. How long does Bond expect to be in the U.S.?
(a) Over the next two days.
(b) For a week.
(c) No more than 24 hours.
(d) Less than twelve hours.
10. The mood throughout most of the story can be described as ________________.
(a) Lost in thought.
11. When is "007 in New York" first published in America?
12. Who is David Barlow?
(a) The KGB agent that Bond warns the English woman about.
(b) The man Bond is supposed to meet.
(c) Bond's second man for the assignment.
(d) Bond's alias.
13. What is Number 272 attempting to do?
(a) Cross to West Berlin from East Berlin.
(b) It's a plan to save the British agent that is in Russian territory.
(c) It's the plan to kill the British agent that holds sensitive information.
(d) Save the man that is crossing into Russian territory.
14. What does Bond look forward to before his flight?
(a) A nap.
(b) Time to meet with a woman first.
(c) Time to talk with M about his plans.
(d) Time for drinks.
15. What is the corporal friend's job in connection with Bond's mission?
(a) Keep an eye on Bond as he goes around Berlin.
(b) Make sure Bond's aparment is stocked with everything he needs.
(c) To distract Trigger.
(d) Make a car backfire to mute gunshot noises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is prepared by the time Bond returns to the apartment his first time out?
2. What is most dangerous about the crossing site?
3. What causes Bond and Sender to argue?
4. What causes Bond to sweat while waiting for his suitcase to be checked?
5. Where is Bond at the beginning of "007 in New York"?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)