|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bond consider about the auto firm he uses?
(a) They know his true identity.
(b) They know where a famous brownstone is located.
(c) They is with the KGB.
(d) The driver is with the U.S. Secret Service.
2. How does the KGB know the plans of Number 272?
(a) The British agent does not use encoded messaging.
(b) A double agent in the Communications department.
(c) The message is intercepted by a KGB agent.
(d) A double agent courier.
3. What last move does Bond make before he shoots?
(a) He glances down the street to look for the cello player.
(b) He re-aims the sniperscope.
(c) He glances to see where Number 272 is.
(d) He wipes the sweat off his hands.
4. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
(a) A sadist and masochist bar.
(b) A restaurant with the best scrambled eggs in town.
(c) A good place to get Izod socks.
(d) A jazz lounge.
5. How does Bond relax himself before he takes his position?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Calls M.
(c) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(d) Drinks a cup of tea.
6. What does Bond tell the person he is meeting with?
(a) The U.S. is watching her at this moment.
(b) M wants her to return.
(c) The KGB is after her.
(d) The U.S. is soon to find out who she is.
7. What is the one major thing New York does not have?
(a) Bland food.
(b) Abercrombie's is closed.
(c) A Reptile House at Central Park Zoo.
(d) The Astor Hotel is now gone.
8. What does the Chief Range Officer do to learn more about Bond?
(a) Follow Bond.
(b) Call the Ministry of Defence.
(c) Call the NRA.
(d) Call M.
9. What causes Bond to sweat while waiting for his suitcase to be checked?
(a) The man's glare from the customs deparment.
(b) Central heating.
(c) The hidden gun in his suitcase.
(d) The middle-aged man's stare.
10. What is Bond's limitation as he goes out for the day in Berlin?
(a) He is not to speak to anyone.
(b) He must disguise his face with glasses and a hat.
(c) He is not allowed to go to certain neighborhoods.
(d) Must be in the apartment by five in the evening.
11. Where does Bond end up meeting his intended person for the mission?
(a) Rockefeller Center.
(b) Empire State Building.
(c) Central Park Zoo.
(d) At the Astor Hotel bar.
12. How does Bond sense trouble from M when he meets with him?
(a) M gives a forced smile.
(b) M gives no greeting.
(c) M furrows his brows.
(d) M is extra polite.
13. What does Bond focus on as he waits at the window?
(a) The weeds.
(b) Number 272.
(c) The cello player.
(d) Sender's advice.
14. What brings Bond to "21"?
(a) The aristocratic company.
(c) The oyster stew.
(d) The bartender.
15. One of Bond's best meal in New York consists of _____.
(a) Seafood bisque with pink champagne.
(b) Oyster stew and a Miller High Life.
(c) Clam chowder and a Miller Lite.
(d) Scrambled eggs with white wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond's impression of Sender?
2. What are Bond's plans before his rendezvous?
3. What causes great anticipation in Bond's assignment?
4. What is Bond's first observation of the crossing site?
5. In present time, where does most of the story's setting actually take place?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)