|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bond, what is wrong with "expense-account aristocracy"?
(a) They are picky with their orders and take the servers time away from him.
(b) They are phony first-class citizens.
(c) They have money, but are too cheap to spend it.
(d) Their lack of taste deflated the food at the "21".
2. What is Bond's first observation of the crossing site?
(a) The large amount of open space that is uncovered.
(b) Weeds and rubble for good coverage.
(c) The ten-story building standing close by.
(d) How high the wall is that the agent climbs.
3. Where is Bond headed to after he leaves Bisley?
(a) M's office.
(b) East Berlin.
(d) West Berlin.
4. What types of books do Bond prefer?
(c) Romance novels.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
5. Who requests that Fleming write "007 in New York"?
(a) New York's Chapter of the James Bond Book Club.
(b) American publishers.
(c) His niece.
(d) British publishers.
6. What does the Chief Range Officer invite Bond to?
(a) The Queen's Prize Competition.
(b) A drink at the bar.
(c) A shooting match between the Officer and Bond.
7. What kind of weapon does the KGB have for their mission?
(a) A sub-machine gun.
(c) A sniperscope.
(d) Poison gas.
8. Of the listed, which is NOT a place Bond reminisces about?
(a) The Arlen.
(b) Ritz Carlton.
(d) St. Regis.
9. Where does Bond end up meeting his intended person for the mission?
(a) Empire State Building.
(b) Rockefeller Center.
(c) Central Park Zoo.
(d) At the Astor Hotel bar.
10. What is Paul Sender's job?
(a) Keep an eye on the cello player.
(b) Be a back-up if Bond fails his mission.
(c) Receive Number 272.
(d) Help Bond with his mission.
11. What familiarity does Bond experience in the building on Kochestrasse and Wilhlemstrasse?
(a) The architecture of the neighborhood.
(b) The sounds on the streets.
(c) Smell of cabbage, cheap cigar and stale sweat.
(d) The decor of the building.
12. What are Bond's feelings, as he receives the assignment from M in "The Living Daylights"?
(a) Reluctant and unwilling until forced to do so.
(b) Proud to be British.
(c) Is happy to help a fellow agent.
(d) Prefers to receive the assignment than give it.
13. Bond's night with Solange is likely spent _____.
(a) In Central Park Zoo.
(b) At the sadist bar.
(c) At Rockefeller Center.
(d) Listening to jazz music.
14. How does Bond sense trouble from M when he meets with him?
(a) M furrows his brows.
(b) M gives no greeting.
(c) M gives a forced smile.
(d) M is extra polite.
15. What is Bond's impression of Sender?
(a) Believes he is a typical Wykehamist.
(b) Impressed by his easy-going nature.
(c) Believes Sender is unfit for the Secret Service.
(d) Thinks they make a good duo for missions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are M's feelings as he gives Bond his assignment in "The Living Daylights"?
2. What is different about the double bedroom that Bond and Sender stay in than a typical flat?
3. How does Bond feel about New York by the end of his visit?
4. What does Bond look forward to before his flight?
5. What place in New York does Felix Leiter suggest to Bond?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)