|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smythe want to be able to do with "Pussy"?
(a) Be able to call it out of its hiding place.
(b) Feed it from his hand.
(c) Watch it hunt.
(d) Shake its tentacle like a hand.
2. Tired of playing mind games, what does Bond offer Smythe?
(a) Time to consider his confession.
(b) A sleeping pill on their way out.
(c) To leave quietly or publicly.
(d) For Bond to care for his arraignments or less forgiving men to handle his case.
3. What marking is on the contents of the ammunition box?
(a) Mint marks of the Reichsbank.
(b) Signature of the Reichsbank president.
(c) Mint marks of the Swiss National Bank.
(d) Reichsbank stamp.
4. What causes Bond to reach for a gun while he sits in his office?
(a) Wakes up suddenly from sleep.
(b) Red telephone rings.
(c) Unexpected knock on the door.
(d) M yells at him.
5. What department does Bond work for?
(a) Ministry of Defense.
(b) Ministry of Justice.
(c) Court of Protection.
6. What is Smythe's main duty when Germany surrenders in WWII?
(a) To monitor prison camps.
(b) Interrogation of high profile Nazis.
(c) To clean-up Gestapo and Abwehr hideouts.
(d) To clean-up towns that are bombed.
7. What causes the octopus to get excited as Smythe gets closer to him?
(a) The smell of Smythe's blood.
(b) Smythe's call.
(c) The smell of the fresh scorpion fish.
(d) The smell of the scorpion fish's poison.
8. Why does Smythe arrest Oberhauser?
(a) To interrogate him.
(b) To use him as a mountain guide.
(c) To translate his papers.
(d) To use him to carry down the ammunition box.
9. What gives away Wartski's notable stature?
(a) The paintings of royalty.
(b) The sign the certifies their status amongst world jewelers.
(c) The Royal Warrants.
(d) The endless cases of shiny jewelry.
10. What is etched on the Emerald Sphere?
(a) Map of the world.
(b) The artist's signature.
(c) The Freudenstein family name.
(d) The Tree of Life.
11. How long does Smythe make friends with "Pussy"?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
12. What practical use does the Emerald Sphere serve?
(a) It is a scaled globe.
(b) It works as a clock.
(c) It works as a lunar calendar.
(d) It's a paperweight.
13. What does M say to offend Dr. Fanshawe?
(a) He refers to the art piece as a hunk of jewelry.
(b) He says art is for those that don't understand logic.
(c) He says the jewelers' world is too materialistic.
(d) He calls the art abstract foolery.
14. What kind of information does the catalogue give about the Lots?
(a) How each Lot comes into Sotheby's hands.
(b) Who currently owns it.
(c) What the minimum bidding price is set at.
(d) A description of the Lot and its history.
15. What business does Bond have with Smythe?
(a) Is there to honor Smythe for services in WWII.
(b) Is there to question Smythe about his actions at the end of WWII.
(c) Is there to arrest Smythe for his criminal actions from WWII.
(d) Is there to take revenge on Smythe for killing Bond's old friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is London in, in regards to crime and activity?
2. What work of art does Dr. Fanshawe speak of that is so important to the Secret Service?
3. What is Bond fearful of when he notices Smythe's reaction to his visit?
4. What does Smythe miss, despite his frustration when it happens?
5. What building does Bond work in?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)