|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Smythe's morning routine by 10:30 A.M.?
(b) Feed the fishes.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Have an alcoholic drink.
2. On Smythe's and Oberhauser's drive, what does Smythe offer Oberhauser instead of an arrest?
(a) Freedom if Oberhauser tells him where Franziskaner halt is located.
(b) Freedom if Oberhauser translates papers in secrecy.
(c) A mountain climb and then Smythe lets him free.
(d) An informal interrogation in the car and then he lets him go.
3. During the end of Smythe's service, what are most of the files he is in charge of about?
(a) Interrogation methods used for whom.
(b) Prison camp logs and records the Nazis kept.
(c) Espionage, Gestapo personnel and secret hideouts.
(d) Bombed sites in Germany.
4. What catches Smythe's eye as he looks over the files?
(a) An out of place map.
(b) Stationary written in hand rather than type.
(c) An envelope that says to open in case of final emergency.
(d) An envelope that says For Your Eyes Only.
5. What categorical drunk does Fleming group Smythe?
6. What is Bond's personal connection to Smythe's crime?
(a) Bond looks up to Smythe's work in the service.
(b) The contents of the ammunition box are Bond's.
(c) Oberhauser is a dear friend of Bond's.
(d) Bond and Smythe are enemies from a previous assignment.
7. Why is Smythe nervous of smoke and noise on top of a mountain?
(a) He does not want Oberhauser comfortable.
(b) He does not want to attract bears.
(c) He does not want to cause an avalanche.
(d) He does not want his presence in the mountain known.
8. What is Bond hoping for to affirm his suspicions of who the Russian Control is?
(a) That he now contacts Freudenstein.
(b) That the under-bidder enters the Russian Embassy.
(c) That a clear photo is available of him at the auction.
(d) That Freudenstein contacts him.
9. What signals give Bond an idea of what kind of news to expect from his boss?
(a) Miss Moneypenny's expressions.
(b) M's tone over the intercom.
(c) Whether his boss' door is open or not.
(d) How the weather is that day.
10. What disappoints Bond at the auction?
(a) He is unable to find the Russian Control.
(b) There are too many people.
(c) He is not given back up.
(d) Wilson does not bang his gavel at the end of an auction.
11. What work of art does Dr. Fanshawe speak of that is so important to the Secret Service?
(a) The Imperial Easter Eggs.
(b) Orb of Vertu.
(c) The Emerald Sphere.
(d) The Portrait of a Lady.
12. What does Smythe miss, despite his frustration when it happens?
(a) Mary's nagging.
(b) Dr. Greave's nagging.
(c) "Pussy's" grabbing.
(d) His "people's" aggressive behavior.
13. What is Smythe's main duty when Germany surrenders in WWII?
(a) Interrogation of high profile Nazis.
(b) To clean-up towns that are bombed.
(c) To monitor prison camps.
(d) To clean-up Gestapo and Abwehr hideouts.
14. What marking is on the contents of the ammunition box?
(a) Signature of the Reichsbank president.
(b) Reichsbank stamp.
(c) Mint marks of the Swiss National Bank.
(d) Mint marks of the Reichsbank.
15. Tired of playing mind games, what does Bond offer Smythe?
(a) To leave quietly or publicly.
(b) A sleeping pill on their way out.
(c) Time to consider his confession.
(d) For Bond to care for his arraignments or less forgiving men to handle his case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond fearful of when he notices Smythe's reaction to his visit?
2. How does Snowman know when the under-bidder begins his bids?
3. What possible danger is there if M increases the Purple Cipher's level of deception?
4. What does Smythe want to be able to do with "Pussy"?
5. What happens over time as Smythe spends his retirement in the Caribbean?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)