|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smythe want to see before he dies?
(a) Mary's grave.
(b) If an octopus eats a scorpion fish and its reaction to the poison.
(c) His "people" to say goodbye.
(d) A priest for confession.
2. What reassures Snowman that Bond is someone he can like?
(a) Bond telss Snowman the truth immediately without mind games.
(b) Bond's knowledge of Old Russia.
(c) Bond's knowledge of the pieces of work on display.
(d) Bond's ability to speak Russian.
3. What does Smythe miss, despite his frustration when it happens?
(a) Dr. Greave's nagging.
(b) "Pussy's" grabbing.
(c) His "people's" aggressive behavior.
(d) Mary's nagging.
4. About how much is the expected art piece worth?
(a) ~ 1,000,000 British pounds.
(b) ~ 10,000 British pounds.
(c) ~ 100,000 British pounds.
(d) ~ 50,000 British pounds.
5. What does Bond mention to seal the fact that he knows about Smythe's past?
(a) Foo brothers.
(b) Aunt in Kensington.
6. What identifies Smythe to his crime?
(a) His bullets.
(b) Oberhauser's family.
(c) A note read by the wrong person.
(d) His fingerprints.
7. What is Smythe's morning routine by 10:30 A.M.?
(a) Feed the fishes.
(b) Have an alcoholic drink.
(d) Go fishing.
8. What is Smythe preparing for since his arrival to the West Indies?
(a) A chance to leave the military past and enter the world of marine science.
(b) Oberhauser's family to find him.
(c) A plan B that allows escape and comfortable retirement elsewhere.
(d) A questioning, such as the one Bond is giving him.
9. What kind of audience does Sotheby's gala mainly attract?
(a) Rich pleasure-seekers.
(b) Film celebrities.
10. What does Freudenstein do that exposes her true intentions for working with the British government?
(a) She commutes between Whitehall and the Russian Embassy every Wednesday.
(b) She works on her Russian to work as a double agent for Britain.
(c) She attends a Leningrad espionage school.
(d) She burns a Russian flag to prove her loyalty.
11. What does Smythe want to be able to do with "Pussy"?
(a) Shake its tentacle like a hand.
(b) Be able to call it out of its hiding place.
(c) Feed it from his hand.
(d) Watch it hunt.
12. How is Freudenstein related to the art piece?
(a) Her grandfather makes it for her.
(b) She helps sponsor its discovery out of the Kremlin.
(c) It is sent to her from Russia.
(d) There are records of her buying it.
13. How old is Smythe?
(a) In his thirties.
(b) In his fifties.
(c) In his seventies.
(d) In his forties.
14. Where does Smythe live?
(a) Nassau, Bahamas.
(b) North Shore, Jamaica.
(c) Key West, Florida.
15. What is so important about the cairn?
(a) It tells him the way to the secret treasure.
(b) It indicates his way back without Oberhauser.
(c) It indicates the site of the gold bars.
(d) It tells him where the bonds are hidden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Smythe secretly looking for?
2. Why is Smythe nervous of smoke and noise on top of a mountain?
3. How do scorpion fish hide?
4. Why does Freudenstein receive a gift from the Russian government?
5. During the end of Smythe's service, what are most of the files he is in charge of about?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)