|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Snowman, who else competes for the Fabergé?
(a) The Metropolitan.
(b) The Italians.
2. What categorical drunk does Fleming group Smythe?
3. About how much is the expected art piece worth?
(a) ~ 100,000 British pounds.
(b) ~ 50,000 British pounds.
(c) ~ 10,000 British pounds.
(d) ~ 1,000,000 British pounds.
4. Who is Major Dexter Smythe talking to in the introduction of the story Octopussy?
(a) An octopus.
(b) A scorpion fish.
(c) His "people".
(d) Reef fishes.
5. How is Freudenstein related to the art piece?
(a) Her grandfather makes it for her.
(b) She helps sponsor its discovery out of the Kremlin.
(c) It is sent to her from Russia.
(d) There are records of her buying it.
6. What marks the under-bidder is done and out of the auction for Lot 42?
(a) He brushes his nose.
(b) He wipes his forehead.
(c) He takes off his sunglasses.
(d) He straightens his tie.
7. What is so important about the cairn?
(a) It indicates his way back without Oberhauser.
(b) It tells him the way to the secret treasure.
(c) It tells him where the bonds are hidden.
(d) It indicates the site of the gold bars.
8. What does Mr. Fanshawe focus his eyes on as he speaks with Bond?
(a) Bond's boots.
(b) The painting behind Bond.
(c) Over Bond's shoulder.
(d) Bond's cuff links.
9. In addition to Bond, who else is at Sotheby's to capture evidence of the Russian Control?
(c) An MI5 cameraman.
10. What does Smythe expect to get from the contents of the ammunition box?
(a) 100,000 Jamaican dollars.
(b) 100,000 British pounds.
(c) 50,000 German marks.
(d) 50,000 British pounds.
11. What does Smythe miss, despite his frustration when it happens?
(a) His "people's" aggressive behavior.
(b) Mary's nagging.
(c) Dr. Greave's nagging.
(d) "Pussy's" grabbing.
12. As soon as Lot 42 is done, where does Bond head to?
(a) The cameramen to ask for a photo of the underbidder.
(b) Follows the underbidder.
(c) To thank Snowman.
(d) Back to headquarters.
13. What disappoints Bond at the auction?
(a) Wilson does not bang his gavel at the end of an auction.
(b) He is not given back up.
(c) There are too many people.
(d) He is unable to find the Russian Control.
14. What causes the octopus to get excited as Smythe gets closer to him?
(a) Smythe's call.
(b) The smell of the fresh scorpion fish.
(c) The smell of the scorpion fish's poison.
(d) The smell of Smythe's blood.
15. What department does Bond work for?
(a) Ministry of Defense.
(b) Court of Protection.
(d) Ministry of Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wartski's storefront can be described as __________.
2. What tactic is used to raise a Lot's price during an auction?
3. What gives away Wartski's notable stature?
4. Why does Smythe arrest Oberhauser?
5. Where does Smythe live?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)