|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Smythe's villa name so fitting?
(a) It's small.
(b) It's extravagant.
(c) It's right on the beach.
(d) He's a fan of octopusses.
2. Of the following, which best describes Major Smythe?
(a) Tired in his eyes, but with a strong body.
(b) Fit and strong.
(c) Content in his life, but more hopeful for slow aging.
(d) Slightly bald with a saggy belly.
3. What does M say to offend Dr. Fanshawe?
(a) He says the jewelers' world is too materialistic.
(b) He says art is for those that don't understand logic.
(c) He refers to the art piece as a hunk of jewelry.
(d) He calls the art abstract foolery.
4. What does Freudenstein do that exposes her true intentions for working with the British government?
(a) She attends a Leningrad espionage school.
(b) She works on her Russian to work as a double agent for Britain.
(c) She burns a Russian flag to prove her loyalty.
(d) She commutes between Whitehall and the Russian Embassy every Wednesday.
5. How do scorpion fish hide?
(a) They camouflage with coral and seaweed.
(b) They hide in coral nooks and crannies.
(c) They bury themselves under sand.
(d) They only come out at night.
6. Against only what other art is the Emerald Sphere compared to?
(a) The Imperial Easter Eggs.
(b) The Great Imperial Crown.
(c) The Russian Crown Jewels.
(d) The Orb of Vertu.
7. What is Miss Freudenstein's role with the British Secret Service?
(a) She is a Russian translator.
(b) Encode messages with the Purple Cipher.
(c) She encodes messages from the KGB.
(d) She is M's secretary.
8. What identifies Smythe to his crime?
(a) His bullets.
(b) A note read by the wrong person.
(c) Oberhauser's family.
(d) His fingerprints.
9. Why does Smythe arrest Oberhauser?
(a) To use him as a mountain guide.
(b) To interrogate him.
(c) To use him to carry down the ammunition box.
(d) To translate his papers.
10. What marking is on the contents of the ammunition box?
(a) Signature of the Reichsbank president.
(b) Mint marks of the Reichsbank.
(c) Reichsbank stamp.
(d) Mint marks of the Swiss National Bank.
11. What work of art does Dr. Fanshawe speak of that is so important to the Secret Service?
(a) Orb of Vertu.
(b) The Imperial Easter Eggs.
(c) The Portrait of a Lady.
(d) The Emerald Sphere.
12. What does Smythe look for on his map?
(a) Franziskaner Halt.
13. What building does Bond work in?
(a) An old warehouse.
(b) A contemporary skyscraper.
(c) A non-descript brick building.
14. What does Smythe make sure of when he leaves the hut?
(a) The note he leaves is noticeable immediately by anyone who walks in.
(b) There is no evidence of recent use.
(c) The door remains open.
(d) That Oberhauser is secured inside.
15. What is Smythe's initial reaction when he realizes Bond's purpose of visit?
(a) Looks Bond in the eye to see how far he goes.
(b) Instinctively looks for ways to escape.
(c) Gets chest pains and takes a pill.
(d) Gets overly excited and takes a large gulp of Brandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the octopus to get excited as Smythe gets closer to him?
2. What is a usual way to signal a bid at an auction?
3. Bond is trying to identify the Russian Control at Sotheby's. What is the most difficult part in identifying the Russian Control?
4. How does Bond prepare himself in identifying a Russian spy the night of the auction?
5. What tactic is used to raise a Lot's price during an auction?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)