|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What last hint does Snowman give Bond?
(a) To look for any slight movement as a signal.
(b) The hands are usually where the signals are.
(c) To keep watch on the audience's eyes for signals.
(d) The best view of the room is in the back.
2. What catches Smythe's eye as he looks over the files?
(a) An envelope that says For Your Eyes Only.
(b) An envelope that says to open in case of final emergency.
(c) An out of place map.
(d) Stationary written in hand rather than type.
3. Why is Smythe nervous of smoke and noise on top of a mountain?
(a) He does not want Oberhauser comfortable.
(b) He does not want to cause an avalanche.
(c) He does not want his presence in the mountain known.
(d) He does not want to attract bears.
4. How does Smythe get Oberhauser to stand exactly where he wants him?
(a) Lures him with questions about the views.
(b) Tells him to move over for a picture.
(c) Pretends to see something afar and asks Oberhauser for his opinion.
(d) Asks him to take a picture of Smythe from a certain angle.
5. Where does Smythe live?
(b) Key West, Florida.
(c) Nassau, Bahamas.
(d) North Shore, Jamaica.
6. On Smythe's and Oberhauser's drive, what does Smythe offer Oberhauser instead of an arrest?
(a) Freedom if Oberhauser translates papers in secrecy.
(b) Freedom if Oberhauser tells him where Franziskaner halt is located.
(c) An informal interrogation in the car and then he lets him go.
(d) A mountain climb and then Smythe lets him free.
7. What famous artist is responsible for making the art piece Dr. Fanshawe mentions?
(d) Freudenstein's grandfather.
8. As soon as Lot 42 is done, where does Bond head to?
(a) The cameramen to ask for a photo of the underbidder.
(b) Back to headquarters.
(c) Follows the underbidder.
(d) To thank Snowman.
9. What kind of audience does Sotheby's gala mainly attract?
(c) Rich pleasure-seekers.
(d) Film celebrities.
10. Of the following, which best describes Major Smythe?
(a) Content in his life, but more hopeful for slow aging.
(b) Tired in his eyes, but with a strong body.
(c) Slightly bald with a saggy belly.
(d) Fit and strong.
11. What building does Bond work in?
(a) An old warehouse.
(c) A non-descript brick building.
(d) A contemporary skyscraper.
12. What names does Bond mention that worries Smythe his time is up?
(a) Tyrol and Ober Aucher.
(b) Reichsbank and Oberhauser.
(c) Mary and Dr. Greaves.
(d) Gestapo and MOB.
13. What reassures Snowman that Bond is someone he can like?
(a) Bond's knowledge of the pieces of work on display.
(b) Bond telss Snowman the truth immediately without mind games.
(c) Bond's knowledge of Old Russia.
(d) Bond's ability to speak Russian.
14. Who is Major Dexter Smythe talking to in the introduction of the story Octopussy?
(a) A scorpion fish.
(b) Reef fishes.
(c) His "people".
(d) An octopus.
15. What identifies Smythe to his crime?
(a) A note read by the wrong person.
(b) Oberhauser's family.
(c) His fingerprints.
(d) His bullets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond's personal connection to Smythe's crime?
2. What does Freudenstein's grandfather do before the Russian Revolution?
3. What is Freudenstein's maternal history that helps her gain British trust?
4. How do scorpion fish hide?
5. What is Dr. Fanshawe's expertise in?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)