|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Smythe's villa name so fitting?
(a) He's a fan of octopusses.
(b) It's small.
(c) It's right on the beach.
(d) It's extravagant.
2. What does Mr. Fanshawe focus his eyes on as he speaks with Bond?
(a) Bond's cuff links.
(b) Bond's boots.
(c) The painting behind Bond.
(d) Over Bond's shoulder.
3. What is Miss Freudenstein's role with the British Secret Service?
(a) She is M's secretary.
(b) Encode messages with the Purple Cipher.
(c) She encodes messages from the KGB.
(d) She is a Russian translator.
4. What is Bond fearful of when he notices Smythe's reaction to his visit?
(a) That Smythe dies of a heart attack before Bond gets him to London.
(b) That Smythe takes a suicide pill.
(c) That Smythe knows his own villa better than Bond does.
(d) That Smythe has nothing to lose.
5. Peter Wilson's demeanor at the rostrum is ___________.
6. What practical use does the Emerald Sphere serve?
(a) It works as a clock.
(b) It is a scaled globe.
(c) It's a paperweight.
(d) It works as a lunar calendar.
7. Bond is trying to identify the Russian Control at Sotheby's. What is the most difficult part in identifying the Russian Control?
(a) Bond is unable to leave his seat and is confined to one view of the room.
(b) Noting the secret signal between the Russian Control and Wilson.
(c) Wilson runs the auction too speedily.
(d) The crowd at Sotheby's is too chaotic to observe carefully.
8. What condition is London in, in regards to crime and activity?
(c) Unsually heavy in the espionage deparment.
(d) Relatively quiet.
9. What disappoints Bond at the auction?
(a) There are too many people.
(b) Wilson does not bang his gavel at the end of an auction.
(c) He is unable to find the Russian Control.
(d) He is not given back up.
10. How is Freudenstein related to the art piece?
(a) It is sent to her from Russia.
(b) There are records of her buying it.
(c) Her grandfather makes it for her.
(d) She helps sponsor its discovery out of the Kremlin.
11. What kind of audience does Sotheby's gala mainly attract?
(a) Film celebrities.
(c) Rich pleasure-seekers.
12. Where does Smythe live?
(a) Nassau, Bahamas.
(b) Key West, Florida.
(d) North Shore, Jamaica.
13. What is Smythe's real intentions with Oberhauser?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To turn him over to higher authority.
(c) To free him whether he agrees to his conditions.
(d) To interrogate him with controversial methods.
14. How does Bond like the current state of crime in London?
(a) Bored with it.
(b) Excited by it.
(c) Cool on the outside, stressed in the inside.
15. What does Smythe look for on his map?
(b) Franziskaner Halt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Smythe's main duty when Germany surrenders in WWII?
2. How long does Smythe make friends with "Pussy"?
3. What is Bond's personal connection to Smythe's crime?
4. What happens over time as Smythe spends his retirement in the Caribbean?
5. What is the mood in the room, as Bond questions Smythe about his time in the service at the end of WWII?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)