|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smythe make sure of when he sees the cairn he is looking for?
(a) That no one else is around.
(b) That Oberhauser takes the correct route.
(c) That he is on the right trail.
(d) That his revolver is ready.
2. What kind of audience does Sotheby's gala mainly attract?
(a) Film celebrities.
(b) Rich pleasure-seekers.
3. How does Snowman know when the under-bidder begins his bids?
(a) When Metropolitan steps out of the bids.
(b) When Freudenstein no longer bids.
(c) When the room is quiete except for Wilson's voice.
(d) When the Italian Institute calls off their buyer.
4. What is the scorpion fishes main weapon?
(a) Sharp scales.
(b) Poisonous dorsal fin.
(c) Poisonous bite.
(d) Long, sharp teeth.
5. What does Mr. Fanshawe focus his eyes on as he speaks with Bond?
(a) The painting behind Bond.
(b) Over Bond's shoulder.
(c) Bond's boots.
(d) Bond's cuff links.
6. What trouble does the ammunition box give Smythe?
(a) It's awkward shape.
(b) It's lack of a handle.
(c) It's tight lock.
(d) Its heavy weight.
7. What does Smythe do with the paper that catches his eye?
(a) Get a transalator to read it then keeps it.
(b) Burn it after reading.
(c) Read it and then carefully keep it in his inside pocket.
(d) Hand it over to the Colonel.
8. What gives away Wartski's notable stature?
(a) The Royal Warrants.
(b) The paintings of royalty.
(c) The endless cases of shiny jewelry.
(d) The sign the certifies their status amongst world jewelers.
9. What catches Smythe's eye as he looks over the files?
(a) Stationary written in hand rather than type.
(b) An envelope that says to open in case of final emergency.
(c) An envelope that says For Your Eyes Only.
(d) An out of place map.
10. What tactic is used to raise a Lot's price during an auction?
(a) False signals.
(b) When the lead buyer looks to see who is bidding against him.
(c) Using an under-bidder.
(d) Telling the auctioneer ahead of time a buyer's interest and price range.
11. About how much is the expected art piece worth?
(a) ~ 10,000 British pounds.
(b) ~ 1,000,000 British pounds.
(c) ~ 100,000 British pounds.
(d) ~ 50,000 British pounds.
12. Why is Smythe nervous of smoke and noise on top of a mountain?
(a) He does not want to attract bears.
(b) He does not want his presence in the mountain known.
(c) He does not want Oberhauser comfortable.
(d) He does not want to cause an avalanche.
13. What is Bond's mood as the auction for Lot 42 starts to wind down?
(a) Assured and excited he finds out who the Russian Control is.
(b) Nervous because he does not seen a signal.
(c) Nervous that M is angry if he fails in this assignment.
(d) Angry at himself for not seeing the signal.
14. What does Dr. Greaves ration Smythe's vices to?
(a) A glass of wine and a pack of cigarettes a day.
(b) A glass of rum and no more smoking.
(c) Ten cigarettes and no more drinking.
(d) Two ounces of whiskey and ten cigarettes per day.
15. How does Bond like the current state of crime in London?
(a) Bored with it.
(c) Cool on the outside, stressed in the inside.
(d) Excited by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens over time as Smythe spends his retirement in the Caribbean?
2. What is Smythe's main duty when Germany surrenders in WWII?
3. What names does Bond mention that worries Smythe his time is up?
4. What does M say to offend Dr. Fanshawe?
5. What is Smythe's initial reaction when he realizes Bond's purpose of visit?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)