Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signals give Bond an idea of what kind of news to expect from his boss?
(a) Whether his boss' door is open or not.
(b) Miss Moneypenny's expressions.
(c) How the weather is that day.
(d) M's tone over the intercom.
2. How does Bond feel about Snowman by the end of his visit to Wartski's?
(a) Bond trusts him completely.
(b) Bond is curious about Snowman's relationship with the Russian Control.
(c) Bond needs him, but thinks he is too devious to trust.
(d) Bond thinks Snowman is helpful, but too focused on his work to help.
3. What is Smythe preparing for since his arrival to the West Indies?
(a) Oberhauser's family to find him.
(b) A questioning, such as the one Bond is giving him.
(c) A plan B that allows escape and comfortable retirement elsewhere.
(d) A chance to leave the military past and enter the world of marine science.
4. What is so important about the cairn?
(a) It indicates his way back without Oberhauser.
(b) It indicates the site of the gold bars.
(c) It tells him the way to the secret treasure.
(d) It tells him where the bonds are hidden.
5. What last hint does Snowman give Bond?
(a) To keep watch on the audience's eyes for signals.
(b) The best view of the room is in the back.
(c) The hands are usually where the signals are.
(d) To look for any slight movement as a signal.
6. What is Smythe thinking when the octopus' tentacles reach out to him?
(a) That he wants to go in this manner than the long ordeal of court martial.
(b) That the octopus is smarter than people give it credit for.
(c) That he is more at home here than on land.
(d) That he finally gets to "shake hands" with it.
7. What is Bond's mood as the auction for Lot 42 starts to wind down?
(a) Angry at himself for not seeing the signal.
(b) Assured and excited he finds out who the Russian Control is.
(c) Nervous because he does not seen a signal.
(d) Nervous that M is angry if he fails in this assignment.
8. What categorical drunk does Fleming group Smythe?
9. What does Smythe want to see before he dies?
(a) Mary's grave.
(b) His "people" to say goodbye.
(c) A priest for confession.
(d) If an octopus eats a scorpion fish and its reaction to the poison.
10. During the end of Smythe's service, what are most of the files he is in charge of about?
(a) Espionage, Gestapo personnel and secret hideouts.
(b) Prison camp logs and records the Nazis kept.
(c) Interrogation methods used for whom.
(d) Bombed sites in Germany.
11. How does Bond feel about Freudenstein?
(a) He thinks lowly of her.
(b) He likes her more if she smiles more.
(c) He is in awe of her bravery.
(d) He pities her.
12. What marking is on the contents of the ammunition box?
(a) Signature of the Reichsbank president.
(b) Mint marks of the Reichsbank.
(c) Reichsbank stamp.
(d) Mint marks of the Swiss National Bank.
13. Bond is trying to identify the Russian Control at Sotheby's. What is the most difficult part in identifying the Russian Control?
(a) Noting the secret signal between the Russian Control and Wilson.
(b) The crowd at Sotheby's is too chaotic to observe carefully.
(c) Bond is unable to leave his seat and is confined to one view of the room.
(d) Wilson runs the auction too speedily.
14. What is Smythe's real intentions with Oberhauser?
(a) To interrogate him with controversial methods.
(b) To free him whether he agrees to his conditions.
(c) To turn him over to higher authority.
(d) To kill him.
15. What gives away Wartski's notable stature?
(a) The Royal Warrants.
(b) The endless cases of shiny jewelry.
(c) The sign the certifies their status amongst world jewelers.
(d) The paintings of royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond fearful of when he notices Smythe's reaction to his visit?
2. What causes the octopus to get excited as Smythe gets closer to him?
3. How is Freudenstein related to the art piece?
4. In addition to Bond, who else is at Sotheby's to capture evidence of the Russian Control?
5. What causes the audience to applaud as Lot 42 is being auctioned?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)