|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Smythe's initial reaction when he realizes Bond's purpose of visit?
(a) Instinctively looks for ways to escape.
(b) Gets overly excited and takes a large gulp of Brandy.
(c) Gets chest pains and takes a pill.
(d) Looks Bond in the eye to see how far he goes.
2. Where does Smythe live?
(a) Key West, Florida.
(b) North Shore, Jamaica.
(d) Nassau, Bahamas.
3. What names does Bond mention that worries Smythe his time is up?
(a) Mary and Dr. Greaves.
(b) Tyrol and Ober Aucher.
(c) Reichsbank and Oberhauser.
(d) Gestapo and MOB.
4. Bond is trying to identify the Russian Control at Sotheby's. What is the most difficult part in identifying the Russian Control?
(a) Noting the secret signal between the Russian Control and Wilson.
(b) The crowd at Sotheby's is too chaotic to observe carefully.
(c) Wilson runs the auction too speedily.
(d) Bond is unable to leave his seat and is confined to one view of the room.
5. What does Smythe expect to get from the contents of the ammunition box?
(a) 50,000 German marks.
(b) 100,000 Jamaican dollars.
(c) 50,000 British pounds.
(d) 100,000 British pounds.
6. What does Smythe look for on his map?
(c) Franziskaner Halt.
7. How long does Smythe make friends with "Pussy"?
(a) A month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A year.
8. What common theme do all the Lots of the auction have?
(a) They are all paintings.
(b) They are all British artists.
(c) They are all by Russian artists.
(d) They are all jewelry.
9. What does Smythe make sure of when he sees the cairn he is looking for?
(a) That Oberhauser takes the correct route.
(b) That his revolver is ready.
(c) That he is on the right trail.
(d) That no one else is around.
10. What does Smythe want to see before he dies?
(a) His "people" to say goodbye.
(b) If an octopus eats a scorpion fish and its reaction to the poison.
(c) Mary's grave.
(d) A priest for confession.
11. What catches Smythe's eye as he looks over the files?
(a) An envelope that says For Your Eyes Only.
(b) Stationary written in hand rather than type.
(c) An out of place map.
(d) An envelope that says to open in case of final emergency.
12. What famous artist is responsible for making the art piece Dr. Fanshawe mentions?
(c) Freudenstein's grandfather.
13. What disappoints Bond at the auction?
(a) Wilson does not bang his gavel at the end of an auction.
(b) There are too many people.
(c) He is unable to find the Russian Control.
(d) He is not given back up.
14. As soon as Lot 42 is done, where does Bond head to?
(a) To thank Snowman.
(b) The cameramen to ask for a photo of the underbidder.
(c) Follows the underbidder.
(d) Back to headquarters.
15. What marks the under-bidder is done and out of the auction for Lot 42?
(a) He straightens his tie.
(b) He takes off his sunglasses.
(c) He wipes his forehead.
(d) He brushes his nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which best describes Major Smythe?
2. How does Smythe get Oberhauser to stand exactly where he wants him?
3. What is Bond hoping for to affirm his suspicions of who the Russian Control is?
4. What is Bond fearful of when he notices Smythe's reaction to his visit?
5. What trouble does the ammunition box give Smythe?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)