Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Naomi dream is attempting to communicate with her?
2. What does Rough Lock say about skin color?
3. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
4. How does Naomi's father react when the war ends?
5. Who from Slocan is actively trying to keep their community together?
The Nakane family spreads over three generations within the novel. Briefly characterize each of the three generations of the family, and describe their different relationships with their heritage, and their new home in Canada.
When Naomi is first sent to Obasan's house, she is repulsed by its condition.
Part 1.) Describe the physicality of Obasan's house as it was depicted in the text.
Part 2.) Explain the symbolism that Obasan's house has with memory. Why does Naomi's aversion to memory affect her comfort in Obasan's home?
Throughout the novel, Naomi struggles with the question of whether she should remember the past or simply forget it. Compare and contrast the benefits and disadvantages in both of these strategies. Then, explain what Naomi's process was moving from a forgetful past to a future full of memories.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)