Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Naomi dream is attempting to communicate with her?
2. What does Rough Lock say about skin color?
3. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
4. How does Naomi's father react when the war ends?
5. Who from Slocan is actively trying to keep their community together?
Throughout her childhood, Naomi moved many times.
Part 1.) Compare / contrast Naomi's life in Slocan with her life in Granton.
Part 2.) Explain why Naomi believed that her life in Granton were the worst years of her life.
Part 3.) Explain the ways that community extended throughout Slocan and what Naomi's place in that society was.
Memory proves to be the most powerful tool used to tell Naomi's story. Describe the ways that Kogawa uses memory to trigger plot in the novel, and discuss the various ways that memory is used to broaden the relationship that the reader feels toward Naomi as the novel progresses.
There are many epistolary, or written, elements to the novel. Create a list of three elements used throughout the novel as ways of recording history for the family, and describe the ways that these element affected Naomi's relationship with her family's truths.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)