Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Naomi dream is attempting to communicate with her?
2. What does Rough Lock say about skin color?
3. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
4. How does Naomi's father react when the war ends?
5. Who from Slocan is actively trying to keep their community together?
Essay Topic 1
While the children are growing up, Stephen says to Naomi that being Japanese made them "both the enemy and not the enemy." What did this quote mean to Naomi at the time of her childhood, and what does it mean to her now as an adult? How does a double-identity play into Naomi's character throughout her life?
Essay Topic 2
The Nakane family spreads over three generations within the novel. Briefly characterize each of the three generations of the family, and describe their different relationships with their heritage, and their new home in Canada.
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Gower had a very large impact on Naomi's life as a child. Explain the relationship that Naomi had with her neighbor and discuss the ways that this relationship affected Naomi's use of silence, and her ability to love.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)