|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rough Lock say about skin color?
(a) That it is the only way to tell who is good and who is evil.
(b) That he doesn't understand what all the fuss is about.
(c) That everyone who sees the difference in skin color is racist.
(d) That it is an overrated way of defining people.
2. What is the name of the internment camp that Grandmother Nakane is relocated to?
(a) New Ohio.
(b) New Colorado.
(c) New Maryland.
(d) New Denver.
3. How is Grandmother Nakane's body processed after her death?
(a) It is mummified.
(b) It is cremated.
(c) It is buried in the ground.
(d) It is buried at sea.
4. What animal does Naomi bring home with her from the swamp?
(a) A snake.
(b) A frog.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A bird.
5. Which of the following is the family NOT allowed to bring with them when they move from Slocan?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their kitchenware.
(c) Their bedding.
(d) Their books.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year do Naomi and Stephen begin to attend an all-Japanese school?
2. Where will Naomi's family be relocated to after they leave Slocan?
3. Which of the following does Naomi NOT view as a rule to proper Japanese living?
4. What is Naomi accused of throwing down into an outhouse?
5. What does Stephen tell Naomi about where their father is staying in New Denver?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)