|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to comb the tangles out of Naomi's hair while she is recovering?
(c) Rough Lock.
(d) A nurse.
2. What religious ceremony is conducted during the family's goodbye party?
(a) A wedding.
(b) Profession of faith.
(d) A baptism.
3. How many people in Naomi's family are ever returned their land by the government?
(a) Only Naomi's Obasan is returned her land.
(b) None of Naomi's family is returned their land.
(c) Only Naomi's grandparents are returned their land.
(d) Only Naomi's father is returned his land.
4. In what newspaper section does Obasan wrap her fragile belongings before the move from Slocan?
(a) The religion section.
(b) The sports section.
(c) The opinons section.
(d) The comics section.
5. What does Rough Lock say about skin color?
(a) That everyone who sees the difference in skin color is racist.
(b) That it is an overrated way of defining people.
(c) That he doesn't understand what all the fuss is about.
(d) That it is the only way to tell who is good and who is evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird do the children see when they climb the bluff in spring?
2. How do Uncle and Obasan greet each other at their reunification?
3. What does the Nakane family eat to stay warm at night when they are living on the farm?
4. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
5. What does Obasan bring Naomi when she comes to visit as she is recovering?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)