|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the family is relocated, where is Father asked to report?
(a) To New Denver.
(b) To Slocan.
(c) To Alberta.
(d) To Vancouver.
2. What is the name of the man who owns the farm that the Nakane family is relocated to?
(a) Mr. Nakane.
(b) Mr. Barker.
(c) Mr. Billington.
(d) Mr. Gower.
3. Which character speaks the words, "She is here. She is not here. She is reaching out to me with a touch deceptive as down, with hands and fingers that wave like grass around my feet and her hair falls and falls and falls from her head like streamers of paper rain"?
4. What does Rough Lock save Naomi from?
(c) Falling into a ditch.
5. How does Naomi's father react when the war ends?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is still deeply saddened.
(c) He is suspicisous of what this will mean for his family.
(d) He is elated and overjoyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the board game that Stephen played with while he was growing up?
2. What does Obasan bring Naomi when she comes to visit as she is recovering?
3. Which of the following best describes the home that the Nakane family live in while on the farm?
4. How does Grandfather Nakane die?
5. How many people does Aunt Emily know of that returned to Vancouver in the 1940s?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)