|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who owns the farm that the Nakane family is relocated to?
(a) Mr. Barker.
(b) Mr. Gower.
(c) Mr. Nakane.
(d) Mr. Billington.
2. Which character speaks the words, "She is here. She is not here. She is reaching out to me with a touch deceptive as down, with hands and fingers that wave like grass around my feet and her hair falls and falls and falls from her head like streamers of paper rain"?
3. What is Naomi accused of throwing down into an outhouse?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her money.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
4. What instrument does Uncle bring for Stephen?
5. What does Obasan bring Naomi when she comes to visit as she is recovering?
(a) A letter from her mother.
(b) A doll.
(d) Clean clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Obasan say is strengthened by fire?
2. What is Rough Lock's real name?
3. What did Rough Lock say the last Indian's voice sounded like?
4. Who attempts to comb the tangles out of Naomi's hair while she is recovering?
5. What does Obasan say strengthens humans?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)