|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
2. What does the Nakane family eat to stay warm at night when they are living on the farm?
(a) Black peppercorns.
(b) Green jalapeno peppers.
(c) Cloves of garlic.
(d) Whole red onions.
3. What instrument is Stephen allowed to play at his American school?
(a) The piano.
(b) The drums.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The flute.
4. When Naomi awakens after her near death experience, where is she?
(a) At Rough Lock's home.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) At the riverbed.
(d) In her bedroom.
5. How many years passed before Naomi once again spends time with Aunt Emily after they left Slocan?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Twenty-seven years.
(d) Twenty-one years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bluff that Naomi and her school friends climb?
2. What does Naomi overhear Obasan doing when Aunt Emily tells her that she thinks it's time to tell the children the truth?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT come to say goodbye to the Nakane family when they move?
4. How is Naomi's recovery room described?
5. Which of the following does Obasan say is strengthened by fire?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)