|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word is the best translation of the Japanese word "wagamama" used in the novel?
2. What religion are the Nakane Grandparents?
3. In what month is it announced that the war has ended?
4. What does Obasan bring Naomi when she comes to visit as she is recovering?
(a) A letter from her mother.
(b) A doll.
(d) Clean clothes.
5. What religious ceremony is conducted during the family's goodbye party?
(b) Profession of faith.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A baptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are NOT harvested in the Nakane garden?
2. In what newspaper section does Obasan wrap her fragile belongings before the move from Slocan?
3. How is Grandmother Nakane's body processed after her death?
4. What does Rough Lock save Naomi from?
5. Where does Stephen attend college?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)