|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the board game that Stephen played with while he was growing up?
(a) Green Peril.
(b) Red Peril.
(c) Blue Peril.
(d) Yellow Peril.
2. Who sets Grandmother Nakane's pyre alight?
3. What animal does Naomi bring home with her from the swamp?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A bird.
(c) A frog.
(d) A snake.
4. When the family is relocated, where is Father asked to report?
(a) To Slocan.
(b) To Vancouver.
(c) To Alberta.
(d) To New Denver.
5. What does Stephen assume has happened to his mother in Japan?
(a) That she has become evil.
(b) That she has died.
(c) That she has amnesia.
(d) That she has forgotten about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephen is going to fight the two boys who are calling him names at school, who intervenes to stop the conflict?
2. What does Stephen tell Naomi about where their father is staying in New Denver?
3. Where does Stephen attend college?
4. What is Rough Lock's real name?
5. What does Rough Lock say about skin color?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)