|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen assume has happened to his mother in Japan?
(a) That she has amnesia.
(b) That she has forgotten about them.
(c) That she has died.
(d) That she has become evil.
2. What does Rough Lock say about skin color?
(a) That everyone who sees the difference in skin color is racist.
(b) That it is an overrated way of defining people.
(c) That he doesn't understand what all the fuss is about.
(d) That it is the only way to tell who is good and who is evil.
3. What religion are the Nakane Grandparents?
4. What animal does Naomi bring home with her from the swamp?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A frog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A snake.
5. What type of Indian is the star in Rough Lock's story?
(a) A squaw.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A chief.
(d) A brave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird do the children see when they climb the bluff in spring?
2. Which of the following is the family NOT allowed to bring with them when they move from Slocan?
3. Who from Slocan is actively trying to keep their community together?
4. When Stephen is going to fight the two boys who are calling him names at school, who intervenes to stop the conflict?
5. What does the Nakane family eat to stay warm at night when they are living on the farm?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)