|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Barker's daughter?
2. What is Naomi concerned might have happened to her mother when she returned to Japan?
(a) She is concerned that her mother starved.
(b) She is concerned that her mother drown.
(c) She is concerned that her mother became wealthy.
(d) She is concerned that her mother was kidnapped.
3. How is Grandmother Nakane's body processed after her death?
(a) It is mummified.
(b) It is buried in the ground.
(c) It is cremated.
(d) It is buried at sea.
4. With whom do the Nakane children travel when they are relocated from Slocan?
(a) With their Aunt and Uncle.
(b) By themselves.
(c) With their father.
(d) With Rough Lock.
5. Which of the following is the family NOT allowed to bring with them when they move from Slocan?
(a) Their books.
(b) Their kitchenware.
(c) Their clothing.
(d) Their bedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Naomi's family be relocated to after they leave Slocan?
2. What religious ceremony is conducted during the family's goodbye party?
3. How is Naomi's recovery room described?
4. Which word is the best translation of the Japanese word "wagamama" used in the novel?
5. Where does Stephen attend college?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)