|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Naomi spend her time at Grandmother Nakane's funeral?
2. What is the name of the man who owns the farm that the Nakane family is relocated to?
(a) Mr. Billington.
(b) Mr. Barker.
(c) Mr. Gower.
(d) Mr. Nakane.
3. How is Grandmother Nakane's body processed after her death?
(a) It is mummified.
(b) It is buried in the ground.
(c) It is cremated.
(d) It is buried at sea.
4. How is Naomi's recovery room described?
(a) As being the first room that was ever Naomi's alone.
(b) As being packed with beds.
(c) As looking exactly like her bedroom back home.
(d) As being shared by an old woman.
5. In what newspaper section does Obasan wrap her fragile belongings before the move from Slocan?
(a) The religion section.
(b) The sports section.
(c) The comics section.
(d) The opinons section.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion are the Nakane Grandparents?
2. How far away way is Grandmother Nakane's internment camp from Slocan?
3. What does Rough Lock save Naomi from?
4. What is Rough Lock's real name?
5. What does Stephen tell Naomi about where their father is staying in New Denver?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)