|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious ceremony is conducted during the family's goodbye party?
(b) A baptism.
(c) A wedding.
(d) Profession of faith.
2. When Naomi's family is relocated from Slocan, what type of farm do they live on?
(a) A cabbage farm.
(b) A potato farm.
(c) A beet farm.
(d) A hog farm.
3. Which of the following does Naomi NOT view as a rule to proper Japanese living?
(a) Engaging in political conversation.
(b) Behaving politely.
(c) Not staring.
(d) Trying to disappear.
4. What does Obasan bring Naomi when she comes to visit as she is recovering?
(a) Clean clothes.
(c) A letter from her mother.
(d) A doll.
5. With whom do the Nakane children travel when they are relocated from Slocan?
(a) With their Aunt and Uncle.
(b) By themselves.
(c) With their father.
(d) With Rough Lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rough Lock verbally notice about Naomi?
2. With whom does Naomi travel into the woods on the day that they meet Rough Lock?
3. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
4. What did Rough Lock say the last Indian's voice sounded like?
5. What does Uncle build to carry Stephen to the hospital to have his cast removed?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)