|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Naomi spend her time at Grandmother Nakane's funeral?
2. Which of the following does Naomi NOT view as a rule to proper Japanese living?
(a) Not staring.
(b) Engaging in political conversation.
(c) Behaving politely.
(d) Trying to disappear.
3. What does Stephen accidentally break during his family's goodbye party?
(a) The hut's front window.
(b) His father's flute.
(c) His mother's record.
(d) His sister's doll.
4. What does Rough Lock verbally notice about Naomi?
(a) That she is very sweet.
(b) That she is very quiet.
(c) That she is very young.
(d) That she is very smart.
5. In what do the Nakane family pack their belongings when they are relocated from Slocan?
(a) In the backseat of a car.
(b) In suitcases.
(c) In wooden boxes.
(d) In garbage bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Naomi's family be relocated to after they leave Slocan?
2. How do Uncle and Obasan greet each other at their reunification?
3. What animal does Naomi bring home with her from the swamp?
4. What animal does Naomi witness having its throat slashed by a group of schoolboys?
5. When Naomi's family is relocated from Slocan, what type of farm do they live on?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)