|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year do Naomi and Stephen begin to attend an all-Japanese school?
2. What religion are the Nakane Grandparents?
3. What does Rough Lock save Naomi from?
(a) Falling into a ditch.
4. How does Stephen spend his time at Grandmother Nakane's funeral?
5. With whom is Naomi still in contact from her Slocan community?
(a) No one.
(c) Rough Lock Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what newspaper section does Obasan wrap her fragile belongings before the move from Slocan?
2. Who sets Grandmother Nakane's pyre alight?
3. Which of the following does Obasan say is strengthened by fire?
4. What does Rough Lock verbally notice about Naomi?
5. Which family member is released from internment and returns to the family hut?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)