|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Barker's daughter?
2. How many people in Naomi's family are ever returned their land by the government?
(a) Only Naomi's father is returned his land.
(b) Only Naomi's Obasan is returned her land.
(c) None of Naomi's family is returned their land.
(d) Only Naomi's grandparents are returned their land.
3. What does Rough Lock say about skin color?
(a) That it is an overrated way of defining people.
(b) That everyone who sees the difference in skin color is racist.
(c) That it is the only way to tell who is good and who is evil.
(d) That he doesn't understand what all the fuss is about.
4. When the Indian in Rough Lock's story resettles his people, what does he name the town?
(a) Running River.
(c) Black Horse.
(d) New Denver.
5. On the day that the family makes their move from Slocan, which family member disappears in the night?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Naomi's father react when the war ends?
2. What does Stephen accidentally break during his family's goodbye party?
3. When Naomi awakens after her near death experience, where is she?
4. How does Grandfather Nakane die?
5. What does Naomi overhear Obasan doing when Aunt Emily tells her that she thinks it's time to tell the children the truth?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)