|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Naomi witness having its throat slashed by a group of schoolboys?
(a) A cow.
(b) A goat.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A horse.
2. How does Naomi spend her time at Grandmother Nakane's funeral?
3. What type of Indian is the star in Rough Lock's story?
(a) A squaw.
(b) A brave.
(c) A chief.
(d) A warrior.
4. How does Naomi's father react when the war ends?
(a) He is suspicisous of what this will mean for his family.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is still deeply saddened.
(d) He is elated and overjoyed.
5. What part of the swamp animal's body is broken when Naomi takes it home?
(a) Its back.
(b) Its leg.
(c) Its neck.
(d) Its wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rough Lock say about skin color?
2. When the Indian in Rough Lock's story resettles his people, what does he name the town?
3. What instrument does Uncle bring for Stephen?
4. Who attempts to comb the tangles out of Naomi's hair while she is recovering?
5. How many people in Naomi's family are ever returned their land by the government?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)