|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Grandmother Nakane's body processed after her death?
(a) It is buried at sea.
(b) It is buried in the ground.
(c) It is cremated.
(d) It is mummified.
2. What does Naomi find as an adult which gave her insight into the family's motivations in relocating from Slocan?
(a) An order form.
(b) A record.
(c) A letter.
(d) A photograph.
3. In what do the Nakane family pack their belongings when they are relocated from Slocan?
(a) In suitcases.
(b) In garbage bags.
(c) In the backseat of a car.
(d) In wooden boxes.
4. Which of the following are NOT harvested in the Nakane garden?
5. In what newspaper section does Obasan wrap her fragile belongings before the move from Slocan?
(a) The opinons section.
(b) The sports section.
(c) The religion section.
(d) The comics section.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT come to say goodbye to the Nakane family when they move?
2. What did Rough Lock say the last Indian's voice sounded like?
3. What does Rough Lock verbally notice about Naomi?
4. When the Indian in Rough Lock's story resettles his people, what does he name the town?
5. Which word is the best translation of the Japanese word "wagamama" used in the novel?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)