|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandfather Nakane die?
(a) From a stroke.
(b) From a heart attack.
(c) From old age.
(d) From cancer.
2. How does Stephen spend his time at Grandmother Nakane's funeral?
3. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
4. How many people in Naomi's family are ever returned their land by the government?
(a) Only Naomi's father is returned his land.
(b) None of Naomi's family is returned their land.
(c) Only Naomi's Obasan is returned her land.
(d) Only Naomi's grandparents are returned their land.
5. What does the Nakane family eat to stay warm at night when they are living on the farm?
(a) Whole red onions.
(b) Green jalapeno peppers.
(c) Black peppercorns.
(d) Cloves of garlic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what newspaper section does Obasan wrap her fragile belongings before the move from Slocan?
2. When Naomi awakens after her near death experience, where is she?
3. When the family is relocated, where is Father asked to report?
4. What animal does Naomi witness having its throat slashed by a group of schoolboys?
5. How do Uncle and Obasan greet each other at their reunification?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)