|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Naomi's reccurring dream, what are the three Oriental women wearing?
(a) Nothing, they are naked.
(b) Ceremonial kimonos.
(c) Western-style jeans and t-shirts.
(d) They are wrapped in the Japanese flag.
2. What does Naomi's husband do for a living?
(a) Naomi does not have a husband.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is an artist.
3. What part of a woman's dress is given to the mother on the train so that she can fashion a diaper for her baby?
(a) An underskirt.
(b) A pair of bloomers.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A pair of pantyhose.
4. What is the name of the town that Naomi and her family are relocated to?
5. What is the name of the man who sexually abused Naomi when she was a child?
(a) Young Mr. Gower.
(b) Tall Mr. Gower.
(c) Old Mr. Gower.
(d) Short Mr. Gower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Naomi help Nomura-obasan use while she is living with the Nakane family?
2. What origami animals does Naomi frequently fold?
3. How does Naomi feel about her Aunt's revolutionary thinking?
4. When Aunt Emily comes to visit Obasan and Naomi, who picks her up from the airport?
5. In her final letter to her sister, what interesting question does Aunt Emily ask?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Germany surrenders in the war, what changes about life in Slocan?
2. How does the neighborhood say goodbye to the Nakane family when they are relocated from Slocan?
3. What is significant about the way that Naomi and her mother are staring at the camera in the photo that Naomi finds?
4. What does Aunt Emily say happened to most of the Japanese people who were liberated from internment in the 1940s?
5. What happens between Stephen and his classmates to alert the family that racism is spreading through the schools?
6. How did Naomi's Uncle die?
7. What happened after Naomi's parents purchased her baby chicks?
8. What theories are spreading throughout the Nakane children about the welfare of their mother in Japan?
9. After sorting through the boxes in Obasan's attic, what does Naomi dream about?
10. What is the story of Momotaro?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)