|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal does Naomi remember raising as a child?
2. What toy does Naomi play with for the duration of the relocation train ride?
(a) A stuffed bear.
(b) A doll.
(c) A coloring book.
(d) A jigsaw puzzle.
3. Who does Father ask to care for the family possessions in the case that he will be sent to internment?
(a) Grandfather Kato.
(b) Aunt Emily.
(c) Old Man Gower.
4. When Naomi's mother abandoned her, where does Naomi remember her mother moved to?
(d) The United States.
5. In the childhood story that Naomi was frequently told, what is the name of the little boy who appears to Grandmother and Grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. What origami animals does Naomi frequently fold?
2. In her final letter to her sister, what interesting question does Aunt Emily ask?
3. For how many years are Naomi and her family in relocation?
4. What type of flower does Uncle have in his mouth when he appears in Naomi's dream?
5. To whom does Naomi remember running to for help when she witnessed the traumatic event with her animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theories are spreading throughout the Nakane children about the welfare of their mother in Japan?
2. What does Naomi find particularly irritating about Mr. and Mrs. Barker when they come to visit?
3. What is the condition of the internment camps, and why is Naomi's father sent there?
4. What are the Nakane family allowed to take with them during their relocation from Slocan, and how do they pack their belongings?
5. As a child, how does Naomi cope with the relocation and the internment of her family?
6. What disturbing dreams does Naomi begin to have about her mother after she is released from the hospital?
7. How does Naomi cope with the truth of her mother's life and death?
8. What is significant about the way that Naomi and her mother are staring at the camera in the photo that Naomi finds?
9. Why do Mr. Barker and his second wife come to visit Obasan in her home?
10. What is the rest of the Nakane family's reaction to Aunt Emily's revolutionary thinking?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)