|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country does Aunt Emily claim is the most racist toward the Japanese people?
2. How many rooms does the hut that the Nakame family is relocated to have?
(a) Three rooms.
(b) Two rooms.
(c) One room.
(d) Four rooms.
3. What type of animal does Naomi remember raising as a child?
4. Which of the following objects does Naomi NOT find in one of Obasan's storage boxes?
(a) Her mother's quilt.
(b) Her Uncle's ID badge.
(c) Her grandfather's tools.
(d) Her Aunt's photo album.
5. How much did the government offer to pay Grandpa Kato for his Cadillac during WWII?
(a) Three dollars.
(b) Three thousand dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) Thirty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions does NOT describe Obasan as Naomi sees her?
2. Which of the following best describes "Sick Bays"?
3. When Naomi's mother abandoned her, where does Naomi remember her mother moved to?
4. In the opening chapter, what is Naomi's Uncle doing in the grass?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT held in a SIck Bay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Grandmother Nakane's funeral described in the novel?
2. What happened when Kenji convinced Naomi to go on his raft for an adventure with him?
3. What speech does Aunt Emily give to Naomi about racism, and what is Naomi's response?
4. What is Naomi accused of doing with a kitten by one of her classmates?
5. How does the family react to the news that the war is over?
6. How did Naomi react to the date that she went on with her student's widowed father?
7. What is the rest of the Nakane family's reaction to Aunt Emily's revolutionary thinking?
8. What happens between Stephen and his classmates to alert the family that racism is spreading through the schools?
9. What types of items does Naomi find in the boxes in Obasan's attic, and what questions do these items raise in her mind?
10. How does Naomi cope with the truth of her mother's life and death?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)