|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the childhood story that Naomi was frequently told, what is the name of the little boy who appears to Grandmother and Grandfather?
2. What ethnicity is the officer in Naomi's dream?
3. What is the name of Naomi's older brother?
4. Which of the following is NOT a true statement about Naomi's childhood, according to Aunt Emily?
(a) Naomi was frequently punished.
(b) Naomi never spoke.
(c) Naomi was never punished.
(d) Naomi never smiled.
5. What is the name of the town that Naomi and her family are relocated to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms does the hut that the Nakame family is relocated to have?
2. When Aunt Emily is giving the speech about racism throughout the world, what reaction does Naomi have?
3. Which generation of Japanese-Canadians are the Nisei?
4. What event were the Japanese-Canadians subjected to, an event that Naomi remembers frequently experienced?
5. How does Naomi feel about the racism she experienced as a child, now as an adult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are ghost towns, as they pertain to the novel?
2. What change is made in Naomi and Stephen's education after Uncle arrives to Slocan?
3. What happens to Grandmother Nakane after she begins to fall ill at Slocan?
4. What is the truth surrounding the reasons why Naomi's mother never returned home to Canada?
5. After sorting through the boxes in Obasan's attic, what does Naomi dream about?
6. What does Naomi remember about the time she spent in Grandmother Kato's house growing up?
7. What does Obasan keep stored in the package that Aunt Emily has sent to them?
8. What happened after Naomi's parents purchased her baby chicks?
9. What did Naomi see when she first arrived at her relocation hut as a child?
10. What happens to Grandmother Nakane's body after the funeral?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)