|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Obasan and Uncle have?
2. What article of Stephen's clothing is damaged by a racist classmate?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His pants.
3. What ethnicity is the officer in Naomi's dream?
4. Who dies in Naomi's family, prompting her to visit her Obasan?
(a) Her Father.
(b) Her Aunt.
(c) Her Mother.
(d) Her Uncle.
5. To whom does Naomi remember running to for help when she witnessed the traumatic event with her animals?
(a) To her Obasan.
(b) To her Uncle.
(c) To her mother.
(d) To her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT described as filling Naomi's childhood home?
2. The giant creature in Naomi's dream is a mix of what two animals?
3. Which character developed a limp during WWII?
4. What type of exercises does Father send to Stephen while he is away?
5. Who does Father ask to care for the family possessions in the case that he will be sent to internment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Naomi and Uncle Isamu traveled to the coulee in Granton?
2. What are Sick Bays?
3. While Naomi is recovering in the hospital, what does she remember about the schoolboys that had a penchant for making things suffer?
4. What is the truth surrounding the reasons why Naomi's mother never returned home to Canada?
5. How do Naomi and Stephen adjust to their new schools in Granton?
6. What disturbing dreams does Naomi begin to have about her mother after she is released from the hospital?
7. What story does Rough Lock Bill tell to Kenji and Naomi when they are out exploring the woods?
8. What reaction does Naomi have to the newspaper clippings and letters that she finds of Aunt Emily's?
9. What is the story of Momotaro?
10. What is the rest of the Nakane family's reaction to Aunt Emily's revolutionary thinking?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)