|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT included in the box that arrives from Aunt Emily?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) Newspaper clippings.
(d) Old letters.
2. Which character teaches Naomi that it was impolite to look anyone directly in the eyes?
(a) Naomi's father.
(b) Naomi's Obasan.
(c) Naomi's mother.
(d) Naomi's Uncle.
3. What origami animals does Naomi frequently fold?
(a) Paper horses.
(b) Paper cranes.
(c) Paper pigs.
(d) Paper frogs.
4. Which country does Aunt Emily claim is the most racist toward the Japanese people?
5. How are Naomi and her family transported to their relocation camp?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By boat.
(d) By bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aunt Emily is giving the speech about racism throughout the world, what reaction does Naomi have?
2. What event were the Japanese-Canadians subjected to, an event that Naomi remembers frequently experienced?
3. For how many years are Naomi and her family in relocation?
4. Which generation of Japanese-Canadians are the Nisei?
5. Which character developed a limp during WWII?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition of the internment camps, and why is Naomi's father sent there?
2. What is the truth surrounding the reasons why Naomi's mother never returned home to Canada?
3. What was interesting about the marriage between Naomi's parents?
4. What does Naomi do with the frog that she finds in the swamp?
5. What story does Rough Lock Bill tell to Kenji and Naomi when they are out exploring the woods?
6. What disturbing dreams does Naomi begin to have about her mother after she is released from the hospital?
7. What does Naomi find particularly irritating about Mr. and Mrs. Barker when they come to visit?
8. Why does the family have to be relocated from Slocan?
9. What are Sick Bays?
10. How did Naomi react to the date that she went on with her student's widowed father?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)