|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their relocation, what part of Stephen's body is in a cast?
(a) His foot.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His back.
2. How does Stephen feel about being relocated from his home?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is apathetic.
3. In Naomi's dream, who is with her on the mountain?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her Obasan.
(d) An unidentified man.
4. Which of the following is NOT described as filling Naomi's childhood home?
5. Which recipe did Uncle spend years trying to perfect?
(a) HIs barbequed ribs recipe.
(b) His bread recipe.
(c) His chocolate chip cookie recipe.
(d) His sticky rice recipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Naomi remember seeing a man wink at her when she was a small child?
2. What type of exercises does Father send to Stephen while he is away?
3. How does Naomi feel about the racism she experienced as a child, now as an adult?
4. Who bought Obasan and Uncle a puppy?
5. What did Aunt Emily want to do for a living, but was never able to find work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Naomi and Uncle Isamu traveled to the coulee in Granton?
2. While Naomi is recovering in the hospital, what does she remember about the schoolboys that had a penchant for making things suffer?
3. As a child, how does Naomi cope with the relocation and the internment of her family?
4. What does Naomi do with the frog that she finds in the swamp?
5. Why does Naomi's mother leave her, and what is Naomi's reaction?
6. What are the Nakane family allowed to take with them during their relocation from Slocan, and how do they pack their belongings?
7. After sorting through the boxes in Obasan's attic, what does Naomi dream about?
8. What happens to Grandmother Nakane's body after the funeral?
9. What is the rest of the Nakane family's reaction to Aunt Emily's revolutionary thinking?
10. What happens between Stephen and his classmates to alert the family that racism is spreading through the schools?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)