|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article of Stephen's clothing is damaged by a racist classmate?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His pants.
2. What part of a woman's dress is given to the mother on the train so that she can fashion a diaper for her baby?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A pair of bloomers.
(c) An underskirt.
(d) A pair of pantyhose.
3. When Naomi was being sexually abused as a child, who does she remember telling?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her Obasan.
(d) No one.
4. After the traumatic event with the animals, what does Naomi remember entering her yard, preventing her from discussing the events with anyone?
(a) A gaggle of neighborhood gossips.
(b) A pack of wild dogs.
(c) Loud neighbor boys.
(d) A group of soldiers.
5. Which of the following is NOT included in the box that arrives from Aunt Emily?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) Newspaper clippings.
(c) A stuffed animal.
(d) Old letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Naomi's parents do that was unusual within their community?
2. How does Naomi feel about her Aunt's revolutionary thinking?
3. How does Naomi feel about the racism she experienced as a child, now as an adult?
4. What type of flower does Uncle have in his mouth when he appears in Naomi's dream?
5. Which family member abandoned Naomi when she was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Naomi and Stephen adjust to their new schools in Granton?
2. What does the young mother tell Obasan about the delivery of her young baby and how they ended up on the relocation train?
3. What was Naomi's relationship to Old Man Gower?
4. How does the neighborhood say goodbye to the Nakane family when they are relocated from Slocan?
5. How does Naomi cope with the truth of her mother's life and death?
6. After sorting through the boxes in Obasan's attic, what does Naomi dream about?
7. What significant event happens in the Nakane family on the day of their relocation, and how does Naomi respond?
8. What happened after Naomi's parents purchased her baby chicks?
9. What does Naomi know about the people that made up her community in Slocan?
10. What is Naomi accused of doing with a kitten by one of her classmates?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)