|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following are NOT harvested in the Nakane garden?
2. How does Naomi spend her time at Grandmother Nakane's funeral?
3. With whom do the Nakane children travel when they are relocated from Slocan?
(a) By themselves.
(b) With Rough Lock.
(c) With their father.
(d) With their Aunt and Uncle.
4. What does Naomi overhear Obasan doing when Aunt Emily tells her that she thinks it's time to tell the children the truth?
(a) She hears Obasan praying.
(b) She hears Obasan singing.
(c) She hears Obasan crying.
(d) She hears Obasan screaming.
5. Which of the following best describes the home that the Nakane family live in while on the farm?
(a) A dog house.
(b) A pig pen.
(c) A chicken coop.
(d) A horse stable.
6. How does Grandfather Nakane die?
(a) From a heart attack.
(b) From a stroke.
(c) From old age.
(d) From cancer.
7. What is the name of the man who owns the farm that the Nakane family is relocated to?
(a) Mr. Nakane.
(b) Mr. Billington.
(c) Mr. Gower.
(d) Mr. Barker.
8. How do Uncle and Obasan greet each other at their reunification?
(a) They kissed one another.
(b) They bowed to one another.
(c) They hugged one another.
(d) They shook hands.
9. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
10. Who tells the children that Grandfather Nakane has died?
(b) Aunt Emily.
11. Who tells the children that their father has died?
(a) Rough Lock Bill.
12. What does Obasan say strengthens humans?
(b) Hard experiences.
(d) Physical battles.
13. With whom does Naomi travel into the woods on the day that they meet Rough Lock?
14. What is the name of Naomi's mother's record that is accidentally destroyed?
(a) "Silver Angels Among the Demons."
(b) "Silver Threads Among the Gold."
(c) "Silver Clouds Among the Rain."
(d) "Silver Love Amongst the Hate."
15. What religious ceremony is conducted during the family's goodbye party?
(a) Profession of faith.
(b) A wedding.
(d) A baptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member is released from internment and returns to the family hut?
2. What does the Nakane family eat to stay warm at night when they are living on the farm?
3. What instrument does Uncle bring for Stephen?
4. What religion are the Nakane Grandparents?
5. What is the board game that Stephen played with while he was growing up?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)