|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Naomi's family is relocated from Slocan, what type of farm do they live on?
(a) A potato farm.
(b) A cabbage farm.
(c) A hog farm.
(d) A beet farm.
2. When the Indian in Rough Lock's story resettles his people, what does he name the town?
(b) Running River.
(c) New Denver.
(d) Black Horse.
3. In what year do Naomi and Stephen begin to attend an all-Japanese school?
4. What did Rough Lock say the last Indian's voice sounded like?
(a) An eagle soaring.
(b) A dog barking.
(c) A horse whinnying.
(d) A bird chirping.
5. What is the name of the internment camp that Grandmother Nakane is relocated to?
(a) New Maryland.
(b) New Ohio.
(c) New Denver.
(d) New Colorado.
6. Who does Naomi dream is attempting to communicate with her?
(a) Her Grandfather.
(b) Her Father.
(c) Her Mother.
(d) Her Uncle.
7. Which character speaks the words, "She is here. She is not here. She is reaching out to me with a touch deceptive as down, with hands and fingers that wave like grass around my feet and her hair falls and falls and falls from her head like streamers of paper rain"?
8. What is the board game that Stephen played with while he was growing up?
(a) Yellow Peril.
(b) Blue Peril.
(c) Red Peril.
(d) Green Peril.
9. How is Grandmother Nakane's body processed after her death?
(a) It is cremated.
(b) It is buried in the ground.
(c) It is buried at sea.
(d) It is mummified.
10. What is the name of Mr. Barker's daughter?
11. When the family is relocated, where is Father asked to report?
(a) To Alberta.
(b) To Slocan.
(c) To New Denver.
(d) To Vancouver.
12. How does Grandfather Nakane die?
(a) From a heart attack.
(b) From a stroke.
(c) From cancer.
(d) From old age.
13. Who sets Grandmother Nakane's pyre alight?
14. What does Rough Lock save Naomi from?
(a) Falling into a ditch.
15. Which of the following are NOT harvested in the Nakane garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a plight that the Nakane family suffer while living on the farm?
2. Who from Slocan is actively trying to keep their community together?
3. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
4. What does Rough Lock say about skin color?
5. When Stephen wins a music award, through which continent does he travel on a tour?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)