|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rough Lock say the last Indian's voice sounded like?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) An eagle soaring.
(c) A bird chirping.
(d) A horse whinnying.
2. Besides moving back to Japan, what other option do families have in 1945?
(a) Moving north of the Rocky Mountains.
(b) Moving south of the Rocky Mountains.
(c) Moving east of the Rocky Mountains.
(d) Moving west of the Rocky Mountains.
3. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
4. What does Stephen assume has happened to his mother in Japan?
(a) That she has become evil.
(b) That she has amnesia.
(c) That she has forgotten about them.
(d) That she has died.
5. In what newspaper section does Obasan wrap her fragile belongings before the move from Slocan?
(a) The opinons section.
(b) The religion section.
(c) The sports section.
(d) The comics section.
6. What does Naomi find as an adult which gave her insight into the family's motivations in relocating from Slocan?
(a) An order form.
(b) A letter.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A record.
7. What is Naomi concerned might have happened to her mother when she returned to Japan?
(a) She is concerned that her mother starved.
(b) She is concerned that her mother became wealthy.
(c) She is concerned that her mother drown.
(d) She is concerned that her mother was kidnapped.
8. What does Stephen accidentally break during his family's goodbye party?
(a) The hut's front window.
(b) His father's flute.
(c) His sister's doll.
(d) His mother's record.
9. Which of the following characters does NOT come to say goodbye to the Nakane family when they move?
10. What is Naomi accused of throwing down into an outhouse?
(a) A kitten.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Her money.
11. Which of the following is NOT a plight that the Nakane family suffer while living on the farm?
(a) Torrential downpouring rain.
(b) No clean water.
(c) Insect infestation.
(d) Long work hours.
12. What is the name of the bluff that Naomi and her school friends climb?
(a) Pluto's bluff.
(b) Mickey's bluff.
(c) Minnie's bluff.
(d) Daffy's bluff.
13. Where does Stephen attend college?
(a) In Toronto.
(b) In Boston.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Vancouver.
14. Which of the following are NOT harvested in the Nakane garden?
15. How far away way is Grandmother Nakane's internment camp from Slocan?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Obasan bring Naomi when she comes to visit as she is recovering?
2. How does Grandfather Nakane die?
3. Who tells the children that Grandfather Nakane has died?
4. Who from Slocan is actively trying to keep their community together?
5. What animal does Naomi bring home with her from the swamp?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)