|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the family is relocated, where is Father asked to report?
(a) To New Denver.
(b) To Alberta.
(c) To Vancouver.
(d) To Slocan.
2. Besides moving back to Japan, what other option do families have in 1945?
(a) Moving north of the Rocky Mountains.
(b) Moving east of the Rocky Mountains.
(c) Moving west of the Rocky Mountains.
(d) Moving south of the Rocky Mountains.
3. How does Naomi spend her time at Grandmother Nakane's funeral?
4. What is the name of the bluff that Naomi and her school friends climb?
(a) Mickey's bluff.
(b) Pluto's bluff.
(c) Daffy's bluff.
(d) Minnie's bluff.
5. What religion are the Nakane Grandparents?
6. Who from Slocan is actively trying to keep their community together?
(d) Rough Lock Bill.
7. Where does Stephen attend college?
(a) In Vancouver.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Toronto.
(d) In Boston.
8. Which of the following does Obasan say is strengthened by fire?
(a) Soldier rifles.
(b) Ninji nunchucks.
(c) Samurai swords.
(d) Blacksmith tools.
9. What is the name of Naomi's mother's record that is accidentally destroyed?
(a) "Silver Love Amongst the Hate."
(b) "Silver Angels Among the Demons."
(c) "Silver Threads Among the Gold."
(d) "Silver Clouds Among the Rain."
10. In what do the Nakane family pack their belongings when they are relocated from Slocan?
(a) In wooden boxes.
(b) In suitcases.
(c) In the backseat of a car.
(d) In garbage bags.
11. How does Grandfather Nakane die?
(a) From old age.
(b) From a stroke.
(c) From cancer.
(d) From a heart attack.
12. What type of Indian is the star in Rough Lock's story?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A brave.
(c) A chief.
(d) A squaw.
13. What does Rough Lock verbally notice about Naomi?
(a) That she is very young.
(b) That she is very sweet.
(c) That she is very smart.
(d) That she is very quiet.
14. Which of the following best describes the home that the Nakane family live in while on the farm?
(a) A pig pen.
(b) A dog house.
(c) A horse stable.
(d) A chicken coop.
15. What type of bird do the children see when they climb the bluff in spring?
(a) A jokerbird.
(b) A princebird.
(c) A queenbird.
(d) A kingbird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away way is Grandmother Nakane's internment camp from Slocan?
2. What instrument is Stephen allowed to play at his American school?
3. How do Uncle and Obasan greet each other at their reunification?
4. Who attempts to comb the tangles out of Naomi's hair while she is recovering?
5. What does Obasan say strengthens humans?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)