|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Naomi accused of throwing down into an outhouse?
(a) Her money.
(b) A kitten.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) A puppy.
2. What is Rough Lock's real name?
3. What part of the swamp animal's body is broken when Naomi takes it home?
(a) Its leg.
(b) Its neck.
(c) Its back.
(d) Its wing.
4. What animal does Naomi witness having its throat slashed by a group of schoolboys?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A goat.
5. What does Naomi find as an adult which gave her insight into the family's motivations in relocating from Slocan?
(a) A letter.
(b) An order form.
(c) A record.
(d) A photograph.
6. What is the name of Mr. Barker's daughter?
7. Who sets Grandmother Nakane's pyre alight?
8. Who attempts to comb the tangles out of Naomi's hair while she is recovering?
(a) A nurse.
(b) Rough Lock.
9. How does Naomi's father react when the war ends?
(a) He is elated and overjoyed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is suspicisous of what this will mean for his family.
(d) He is still deeply saddened.
10. What does Stephen accidentally break during his family's goodbye party?
(a) His mother's record.
(b) His sister's doll.
(c) His father's flute.
(d) The hut's front window.
11. When Naomi's family is relocated from Slocan, what type of farm do they live on?
(a) A hog farm.
(b) A beet farm.
(c) A cabbage farm.
(d) A potato farm.
12. What instrument does Uncle bring for Stephen?
13. How far away way is Grandmother Nakane's internment camp from Slocan?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five hours.
14. How does Grandfather Nakane die?
(a) From old age.
(b) From cancer.
(c) From a stroke.
(d) From a heart attack.
15. What instrument is Stephen allowed to play at his American school?
(a) The piano.
(b) The drums.
(c) The flute.
(d) The guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the children that their father has died?
2. Where does Stephen attend college?
3. What animal does Naomi bring home with her from the swamp?
4. In what do the Nakane family pack their belongings when they are relocated from Slocan?
5. Who from Slocan is actively trying to keep their community together?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)