|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Naomi's mother's record that is accidentally destroyed?
(a) "Silver Angels Among the Demons."
(b) "Silver Clouds Among the Rain."
(c) "Silver Love Amongst the Hate."
(d) "Silver Threads Among the Gold."
2. Which family member is released from internment and returns to the family hut?
(a) Naomi's Grandfather Nakane.
(b) Naomi's Grandfather Kato.
(c) Naomi's father.
(d) Naomi's Grandmother Kato.
3. Which of the following are NOT harvested in the Nakane garden?
4. Who tells the children that Grandfather Nakane has died?
(d) Aunt Emily.
5. What does Obasan say strengthens humans?
(c) Hard experiences.
(d) Physical battles.
6. How does Stephen spend his time at Grandmother Nakane's funeral?
7. How is Naomi's recovery room described?
(a) As looking exactly like her bedroom back home.
(b) As being packed with beds.
(c) As being shared by an old woman.
(d) As being the first room that was ever Naomi's alone.
8. Who from Slocan is actively trying to keep their community together?
(c) Rough Lock Bill.
9. What does the Nakane family eat to stay warm at night when they are living on the farm?
(a) Green jalapeno peppers.
(b) Cloves of garlic.
(c) Black peppercorns.
(d) Whole red onions.
10. In what do the Nakane family pack their belongings when they are relocated from Slocan?
(a) In the backseat of a car.
(b) In wooden boxes.
(c) In garbage bags.
(d) In suitcases.
11. What animal does Naomi witness having its throat slashed by a group of schoolboys?
(a) A goat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A chicken.
12. What religious ceremony is conducted during the family's goodbye party?
(a) Profession of faith.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A wedding.
13. How is Grandmother Nakane's body processed after her death?
(a) It is buried at sea.
(b) It is cremated.
(c) It is mummified.
(d) It is buried in the ground.
14. In what newspaper section does Obasan wrap her fragile belongings before the move from Slocan?
(a) The opinons section.
(b) The comics section.
(c) The sports section.
(d) The religion section.
15. What does Stephen accidentally break during his family's goodbye party?
(a) The hut's front window.
(b) His father's flute.
(c) His mother's record.
(d) His sister's doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Uncle bring for Stephen?
2. When the family is relocated, where is Father asked to report?
3. How does Grandfather Nakane die?
4. How many years passed before Naomi once again spends time with Aunt Emily after they left Slocan?
5. What does Rough Lock verbally notice about Naomi?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)