|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the traumatic event with the animals, what does Naomi remember entering her yard, preventing her from discussing the events with anyone?
(a) Loud neighbor boys.
(b) A pack of wild dogs.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A gaggle of neighborhood gossips.
2. How are Naomi and her family transported to their relocation camp?
(a) By boat.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By car.
3. What does Obasan give to the woman with the baby on the train?
4. Which of Naomi's family members was held in an internment camp during WWII?
(a) Naomi's father.
(b) Naomi's grandmother.
(c) Naomi's Obasan.
(d) Naomi's Uncle.
5. When Naomi's mother abandoned her, where does Naomi remember her mother moved to?
(a) The United States.
6. Which of the following is NOT described as filling Naomi's childhood home?
7. When Aunt Emily comes to visit Obasan and Naomi, who picks her up from the airport?
8. During their relocation, what part of Stephen's body is in a cast?
(a) His leg.
(b) His foot.
(c) His arm.
(d) His back.
9. There is a woman on the relocation train holding a baby; what is wrong with it?
(a) The baby toddles off and falls.
(b) The baby starts choking on food.
(c) Nothing was wrong with the baby.
(d) The baby was born premature.
10. What type of exercises does Father send to Stephen while he is away?
(a) Science exercises.
(b) Music exercises.
(c) Language exercises.
(d) Math exercises.
11. When Aunt Emily is giving the speech about racism throughout the world, what reaction does Naomi have?
(a) She is unmoved.
(b) She is inspired.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is embarrassed.
12. How many rooms does the hut that the Nakame family is relocated to have?
(a) Two rooms.
(b) One room.
(c) Three rooms.
(d) Four rooms.
13. What article of Stephen's clothing is damaged by a racist classmate?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His pants.
14. Which of the following characters is NOT held in a SIck Bay?
(a) Naomi's Grandmother.
(b) Naomi's Grandfather.
(c) Naomi's Obasan.
(d) Naomi's Father.
15. What symptom of sickness begins to plague Naomi's father during WW!!?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Naomi afraid may be hiding in the grass?
2. Which of the following characters does NOT return to the relocation camp after liberation?
3. What ethnicity is Naomi Nakane?
4. When Obasan awakens Naomi in the middle of the night, where does she take her?
5. As an adult, what does Naomi do for a living?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)