|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Nakane family is separated from Aunt Emily, how many years will they be apart?
(a) Five years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. The giant creature in Naomi's dream is a mix of what two animals?
(a) A bird and a bear.
(b) A dog and a lion.
(c) A lion and a bear.
(d) A bird and a dog.
3. How old is Naomi in the last photo taken of her and her mother?
(a) A teenager.
(b) An infant.
(c) A toddler.
(d) An adult.
4. Which of the following characters does NOT return to the relocation camp after liberation?
(b) Aunt Emily.
5. Which of the following descriptions does NOT describe Obasan as Naomi sees her?
(a) Obasan has a gummy mouth.
(b) Obasan has a hump growing on her back.
(c) Obasan is almost deaf.
(d) Obasan is going blind.
6. Which country does Aunt Emily claim is the most racist toward the Japanese people?
7. Which of the following best describes "Sick Bays"?
(a) Holding areas.
(b) Hospital wards.
(c) Language classrooms.
(d) Vacation beaches.
8. What part of a woman's dress is given to the mother on the train so that she can fashion a diaper for her baby?
(a) A pair of bloomers.
(b) A pair of pantyhose.
(c) An underskirt.
(d) A sweater.
9. In the childhood story that Naomi was frequently told, what is the name of the little boy who appears to Grandmother and Grandfather?
10. What toy does Naomi play with for the duration of the relocation train ride?
(a) A doll.
(b) A stuffed bear.
(c) A jigsaw puzzle.
(d) A coloring book.
11. How many children do Obasan and Uncle have?
12. For how many years are Naomi and her family in relocation?
(a) Three years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Eleven years.
(d) Twenty-one years.
13. Which family member abandoned Naomi when she was a child?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
14. What is the name of the boy that Naomi remembers playing hide-and-seek with as a child?
15. Which character developed a limp during WWII?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Obasan give to the woman with the baby on the train?
2. In her final letter to her sister, what interesting question does Aunt Emily ask?
3. During their relocation, what part of Stephen's body is in a cast?
4. What is the name of the man who sexually abused Naomi when she was a child?
5. What is the name of the town that Naomi and her family are relocated to?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)