|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal does Naomi remember raising as a child?
2. At whose home does Naomi remember spending most of her time growing up?
(a) At Grandmother Kato's.
(b) At Grandmother Nakane's.
(c) At Aunt Emily's.
(d) At Obasan's.
3. How old is Naomi when she returns to the relocation camp after its liberation?
(a) Nineteen years old.
(b) Twenty-six years old.
(c) Thirty-one years old.
(d) Seventeen years old.
4. What is the name of the man who sexually abused Naomi when she was a child?
(a) Short Mr. Gower.
(b) Young Mr. Gower.
(c) Tall Mr. Gower.
(d) Old Mr. Gower.
5. When Aunt Emily comes to visit Obasan and Naomi, who picks her up from the airport?
6. What ethnicity is the officer in Naomi's dream?
7. Which member of the Nakane family is the only member who does not play a musical instrument?
8. What type of flower does Uncle have in his mouth when he appears in Naomi's dream?
(a) A rose.
(b) A daisy.
(c) A lily.
(d) A tulip.
9. How are Naomi and her family transported to their relocation camp?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) By car.
(d) By boat.
10. What did Aunt Emily want to do for a living, but was never able to find work?
(a) She wanted to be a painter.
(b) She wanted to be a political activist.
(c) She wanted to be a teacher.
(d) She wanted to be a dancer.
11. What is Naomi afraid may be hiding in the grass?
12. What event were the Japanese-Canadians subjected to, an event that Naomi remembers frequently experienced?
(a) Sleep deprivation.
(b) Water deprivation.
(c) Food depriviation.
13. Which of the following best describes "Sick Bays"?
(a) Holding areas.
(b) Language classrooms.
(c) Vacation beaches.
(d) Hospital wards.
14. During their relocation, what part of Stephen's body is in a cast?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His back.
(d) His foot.
15. To whom does Naomi remember running to for help when she witnessed the traumatic event with her animals?
(a) To her Uncle.
(b) To her Obasan.
(c) To her mother.
(d) To her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Naomi's family members was held in an internment camp during WWII?
2. In the childhood story that Naomi is frequently told, from what piece of fruit does the little boy appear from?
3. Which country does Aunt Emily claim is the most racist toward the Japanese people?
4. Which child is identified as a "troublemaker" by Naomi?
5. What does Obasan give to the woman with the baby on the train?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)