|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity is the officer in Naomi's dream?
2. What does the Nakane family realize about their relocation camp when they return to visit after liberation?
(a) That the place is full of anti-Japanese propaganda.
(b) That the place is an even mix of Japanese and French culture.
(c) That the place is now erased of all Japanese culture.
(d) That the place is now full of Japanese culture.
3. How old is Naomi in the last photo taken of her and her mother?
(a) An infant.
(b) A teenager.
(c) A toddler.
(d) An adult.
4. Which of the following is NOT included in the box that arrives from Aunt Emily?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) Newspaper clippings.
(c) A scrapbook.
(d) Old letters.
5. What event were the Japanese-Canadians subjected to, an event that Naomi remembers frequently experienced?
(b) Food depriviation.
(c) Water deprivation.
(d) Sleep deprivation.
6. Which of the following is NOT a true statement about Naomi's childhood, according to Aunt Emily?
(a) Naomi was never punished.
(b) Naomi was frequently punished.
(c) Naomi never smiled.
(d) Naomi never spoke.
7. Where does Naomi remember seeing a man wink at her when she was a small child?
(a) On a bicycle.
(b) On a train.
(c) On a streetcar.
(d) On an airplane.
8. What type of dance does Uncle perform when he appears in Naomi's dream?
(a) A rain dance.
(b) A death dance.
(c) A fire dance.
(d) A birth dance.
9. As a child, how does Naomi remember the sounds of music that filled the house?
(a) She is haunted by the sounds of music.
(b) She is filled with fear when she hears the music.
(c) She does not remember the music.
(d) She remembers the music fondly.
10. In Naomi's dream, who is with her on the mountain?
(a) Her Obasan.
(b) Her sister.
(c) An unidentified man.
(d) Her brother.
11. Which of the following descriptions does NOT describe Obasan as Naomi sees her?
(a) Obasan has a hump growing on her back.
(b) Obasan is going blind.
(c) Obasan is almost deaf.
(d) Obasan has a gummy mouth.
12. What origami animals does Naomi frequently fold?
(a) Paper horses.
(b) Paper frogs.
(c) Paper cranes.
(d) Paper pigs.
13. What article of Stephen's clothing is damaged by a racist classmate?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His pants.
14. After the traumatic event with the animals, what does Naomi remember entering her yard, preventing her from discussing the events with anyone?
(a) Loud neighbor boys.
(b) A pack of wild dogs.
(c) A gaggle of neighborhood gossips.
(d) A group of soldiers.
15. Who bought Obasan and Uncle a puppy?
(a) Naomi's grandparents.
(b) Naomi's parents.
(d) Aunt Emily.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Naomi feel about her Aunt's revolutionary thinking?
2. What toy does Naomi play with for the duration of the relocation train ride?
3. What did Aunt Emily want to do for a living, but was never able to find work?
4. How old is Naomi when she returns to the relocation camp after its liberation?
5. What type of pastor is Nakayama-sensei?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)