|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bought Obasan and Uncle a puppy?
(a) Naomi's grandparents.
(b) Aunt Emily.
(d) Naomi's parents.
2. What is Naomi afraid may be hiding in the grass?
3. What does Naomi help Nomura-obasan use while she is living with the Nakane family?
(a) The computer.
(b) The washing machine.
(c) The outhouse.
(d) The dishwasher.
4. When Obasan awakens Naomi in the middle of the night, where does she take her?
(a) Down into the cellar.
(b) Out into the barn.
(c) Out into the garage.
(d) Up into the attic.
5. How does Stephen feel about being relocated from his home?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is excited.
6. What ethnicity is Naomi Nakane?
7. What origami animals does Naomi frequently fold?
(a) Paper horses.
(b) Paper pigs.
(c) Paper cranes.
(d) Paper frogs.
8. Which of the following is NOT a true statement about Naomi's childhood, according to Aunt Emily?
(a) Naomi was never punished.
(b) Naomi never spoke.
(c) Naomi was frequently punished.
(d) Naomi never smiled.
9. Which character teaches Naomi that it was impolite to look anyone directly in the eyes?
(a) Naomi's Uncle.
(b) Naomi's mother.
(c) Naomi's Obasan.
(d) Naomi's father.
10. Which character developed a limp during WWII?
11. There is a woman on the relocation train holding a baby; what is wrong with it?
(a) Nothing was wrong with the baby.
(b) The baby toddles off and falls.
(c) The baby was born premature.
(d) The baby starts choking on food.
12. How many rooms does the hut that the Nakame family is relocated to have?
(a) Four rooms.
(b) Three rooms.
(c) Two rooms.
(d) One room.
13. How old is Nomura-obasan?
14. In Naomi's dream, who is with her on the mountain?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her Obasan.
(c) Her brother.
(d) An unidentified man.
15. Which character repeats the phrase, "Everybody dies some day" over and over?
(b) Aunt Emily.
(d) Grandpa Kato.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Father ask to care for the family possessions in the case that he will be sent to internment?
2. After the traumatic event with the animals, what does Naomi remember entering her yard, preventing her from discussing the events with anyone?
3. During their relocation, what part of Stephen's body is in a cast?
4. Where does Naomi remember seeing a man wink at her when she was a small child?
5. What does Obasan give to the woman with the baby on the train?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)