|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character teaches Naomi that it was impolite to look anyone directly in the eyes?
(a) Naomi's father.
(b) Naomi's mother.
(c) Naomi's Uncle.
(d) Naomi's Obasan.
2. After the Nakane family is separated from Aunt Emily, how many years will they be apart?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
3. What symptom of sickness begins to plague Naomi's father during WW!!?
4. Which country does Aunt Emily claim is the most racist toward the Japanese people?
5. Who does Naomi remember staring at her while she begged for help after witnessing the traumatic event with her animals?
(a) Rough Bill Locke.
(b) Dr. Kato.
(c) Mrs. Sugimoto.
(d) Mr. Gower.
6. In the childhood story that Naomi is frequently told, from what piece of fruit does the little boy appear from?
(a) A pineapple.
(b) A banana.
(c) A peach.
(d) A cherry.
7. Which of Naomi's family members was held in an internment camp during WWII?
(a) Naomi's Obasan.
(b) Naomi's grandmother.
(c) Naomi's Uncle.
(d) Naomi's father.
8. After the traumatic event with the animals, what does Naomi remember entering her yard, preventing her from discussing the events with anyone?
(a) A pack of wild dogs.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A gaggle of neighborhood gossips.
(d) Loud neighbor boys.
9. What is interesting about the giant creature in Naomi's dream?
(a) It is invisible.
(b) It is robotic.
(c) It is cartooned.
(d) It is a giant stuffed animal.
10. When Aunt Emily comes to visit Obasan and Naomi, who picks her up from the airport?
11. What did Naomi's parents do that was unusual within their community?
(a) They adopted their children.
(b) They did not have an arranged marriage.
(c) They decided not to be married.
(d) They did not speak Japanese with their families.
12. There is a woman on the relocation train holding a baby; what is wrong with it?
(a) The baby toddles off and falls.
(b) The baby starts choking on food.
(c) The baby was born premature.
(d) Nothing was wrong with the baby.
13. On what day does Aunt Emily write her first letter to Naomi's mother about the state of racism in Canada?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Christmas Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
14. When Obasan awakens Naomi in the middle of the night, where does she take her?
(a) Out into the garage.
(b) Out into the barn.
(c) Down into the cellar.
(d) Up into the attic.
15. What insect swarms the house that the Nakane family is relocated to?
(a) Horse flies.
(c) Praying Mantises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of pastor is Nakayama-sensei?
2. When Naomi was being sexually abused as a child, who does she remember telling?
3. What does Naomi help Nomura-obasan use while she is living with the Nakane family?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT held in a SIck Bay?
5. In the opening chapter, what is Naomi's Uncle doing in the grass?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)