|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions does NOT describe Obasan as Naomi sees her?
(a) Obasan is going blind.
(b) Obasan is almost deaf.
(c) Obasan has a hump growing on her back.
(d) Obasan has a gummy mouth.
2. When Naomi's mother abandoned her, where does Naomi remember her mother moved to?
(c) The United States.
3. What is Naomi afraid may be hiding in the grass?
4. Which character calls Naomi's mother "Nassan"?
(c) Grandpa Kato.
(d) Aunt Emily.
5. How does Stephen feel about his Japanese heritage?
(a) He is proud of his heritage and wants to stand up for it.
(b) He believes it is an impediment to his life.
(c) He does not care either way about being Japanese.
(d) He thinks that the Japanese people are better than all others.
6. To whom does Naomi remember running to for help when she witnessed the traumatic event with her animals?
(a) To her mother.
(b) To her Obasan.
(c) To her grandmother.
(d) To her Uncle.
7. Which of the following is NOT a true statement about Naomi's childhood, according to Aunt Emily?
(a) Naomi was never punished.
(b) Naomi was frequently punished.
(c) Naomi never spoke.
(d) Naomi never smiled.
8. How much did the government offer to pay Grandpa Kato for his Cadillac during WWII?
(a) Three dollars.
(b) Three thousand dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) Thirty dollars.
9. What origami animals does Naomi frequently fold?
(a) Paper frogs.
(b) Paper cranes.
(c) Paper pigs.
(d) Paper horses.
10. What insect swarms the house that the Nakane family is relocated to?
(a) Horse flies.
(d) Praying Mantises.
11. What is the name of Naomi's older brother?
12. What type of animal does Naomi remember raising as a child?
13. Which of Naomi's family members was held in an internment camp during WWII?
(a) Naomi's Obasan.
(b) Naomi's grandmother.
(c) Naomi's father.
(d) Naomi's Uncle.
14. How are Naomi and her family transported to their relocation camp?
(a) By car.
(b) By bus.
(c) By boat.
(d) By train.
15. For how many years are Naomi and her family in relocation?
(a) Twenty-one years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Eleven years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is interesting about the giant creature in Naomi's dream?
2. What symptom of sickness begins to plague Naomi's father during WW!!?
3. In Naomi's dream, who is with her on the mountain?
4. What did Naomi's parents do that was unusual within their community?
5. During their relocation, what part of Stephen's body is in a cast?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)