|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years are Naomi and her family in relocation?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twenty-one years.
(c) Eleven years.
(d) Three years.
2. How are Naomi and her family transported to their relocation camp?
(a) By train.
(b) By boat.
(c) By bus.
(d) By car.
3. What type of flower does Uncle have in his mouth when he appears in Naomi's dream?
(a) A lily.
(b) A rose.
(c) A tulip.
(d) A daisy.
4. What event were the Japanese-Canadians subjected to, an event that Naomi remembers frequently experienced?
(a) Food depriviation.
(b) Sleep deprivation.
(c) Water deprivation.
5. Which character repeats the phrase, "Everybody dies some day" over and over?
(b) Aunt Emily.
(c) Grandpa Kato.
6. What is Naomi afraid may be hiding in the grass?
7. In the childhood story that Naomi is frequently told, from what piece of fruit does the little boy appear from?
(a) A cherry.
(b) A banana.
(c) A peach.
(d) A pineapple.
8. In Naomi's reccurring dream, what are the three Oriental women wearing?
(a) They are wrapped in the Japanese flag.
(b) Ceremonial kimonos.
(c) Western-style jeans and t-shirts.
(d) Nothing, they are naked.
9. Who does Father ask to care for the family possessions in the case that he will be sent to internment?
(a) Grandfather Kato.
(c) Aunt Emily.
(d) Old Man Gower.
10. In the opening chapter, what is Naomi's Uncle doing in the grass?
11. Which of the following descriptions does NOT describe Obasan as Naomi sees her?
(a) Obasan has a gummy mouth.
(b) Obasan has a hump growing on her back.
(c) Obasan is almost deaf.
(d) Obasan is going blind.
12. On what day does Aunt Emily write her first letter to Naomi's mother about the state of racism in Canada?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
13. How does Stephen feel about his Japanese heritage?
(a) He does not care either way about being Japanese.
(b) He thinks that the Japanese people are better than all others.
(c) He is proud of his heritage and wants to stand up for it.
(d) He believes it is an impediment to his life.
14. How many rooms does the hut that the Nakame family is relocated to have?
(a) Two rooms.
(b) One room.
(c) Three rooms.
(d) Four rooms.
15. What type of pastor is Nakayama-sensei?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Naomi in the last photo taken of her and her mother?
2. After the Nakane family is separated from Aunt Emily, how many years will they be apart?
3. Who does Naomi remember staring at her while she begged for help after witnessing the traumatic event with her animals?
4. When Naomi was being sexually abused as a child, who does she remember telling?
5. What symptom of sickness begins to plague Naomi's father during WW!!?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)