|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Naomi's mother abandoned her, where does Naomi remember her mother moved to?
(a) The United States.
2. What ethnicity is Naomi Nakane?
3. What insect swarms the house that the Nakane family is relocated to?
(b) Horse flies.
(c) Praying Mantises.
4. In the opening chapter, what is Naomi's Uncle doing in the grass?
5. How are Naomi and her family transported to their relocation camp?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By boat.
6. What type of pastor is Nakayama-sensei?
7. In what country does the novel take place?
(c) The United States.
8. What is the name of the town that Naomi and her family are relocated to?
9. Which character receives "The Book of Knowledge" as a gift?
10. When Aunt Emily comes to visit Obasan and Naomi, who picks her up from the airport?
11. Which of the following is NOT a true statement about Naomi's childhood, according to Aunt Emily?
(a) Naomi was frequently punished.
(b) Naomi never smiled.
(c) Naomi never spoke.
(d) Naomi was never punished.
12. What type of exercises does Father send to Stephen while he is away?
(a) Science exercises.
(b) Math exercises.
(c) Language exercises.
(d) Music exercises.
13. What type of animal does Naomi remember raising as a child?
14. During their relocation, what part of Stephen's body is in a cast?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His back.
(d) His foot.
15. Which character developed a limp during WWII?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aunt Emily is giving the speech about racism throughout the world, what reaction does Naomi have?
2. What type of dance does Uncle perform when he appears in Naomi's dream?
3. What is interesting about the giant creature in Naomi's dream?
4. What article of Stephen's clothing is damaged by a racist classmate?
5. Which of the following best describes the conditions of the internment camps?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)