|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member abandoned Naomi when she was a child?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
2. What type of flower does Uncle have in his mouth when he appears in Naomi's dream?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A lily.
(c) A rose.
(d) A daisy.
3. What symptom of sickness begins to plague Naomi's father during WW!!?
4. How much did the government offer to pay Grandpa Kato for his Cadillac during WWII?
(a) Thirty dollars.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) Three thousand dollars.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
5. What type of exercises does Father send to Stephen while he is away?
(a) Language exercises.
(b) Music exercises.
(c) Science exercises.
(d) Math exercises.
6. At whose home does Naomi remember spending most of her time growing up?
(a) At Aunt Emily's.
(b) At Obasan's.
(c) At Grandmother Nakane's.
(d) At Grandmother Kato's.
7. Which recipe did Uncle spend years trying to perfect?
(a) His sticky rice recipe.
(b) His chocolate chip cookie recipe.
(c) HIs barbequed ribs recipe.
(d) His bread recipe.
8. What type of dance does Uncle perform when he appears in Naomi's dream?
(a) A birth dance.
(b) A fire dance.
(c) A rain dance.
(d) A death dance.
9. Which of the following is NOT described as filling Naomi's childhood home?
10. What ethnicity is the officer in Naomi's dream?
11. Which country does Aunt Emily claim is the most racist toward the Japanese people?
12. Who bought Obasan and Uncle a puppy?
(a) Aunt Emily.
(b) Naomi's grandparents.
(c) Naomi's parents.
13. Which of the following best describes "Sick Bays"?
(a) Language classrooms.
(b) Holding areas.
(c) Vacation beaches.
(d) Hospital wards.
14. What is the name of Naomi's older brother?
15. When Naomi's mother abandoned her, where does Naomi remember her mother moved to?
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aunt Emily comes to visit Obasan and Naomi, who picks her up from the airport?
2. Which of the following best describes the conditions of the internment camps?
3. To whom does Naomi remember running to for help when she witnessed the traumatic event with her animals?
4. Who does Father ask to care for the family possessions in the case that he will be sent to internment?
5. Which character teaches Naomi that it was impolite to look anyone directly in the eyes?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)