Short Answer Questions Key
1. In what country does the novel take place?
2. What ethnicity is Naomi Nakane?
3. In the opening chapter, what is Naomi's Uncle doing in the grass?
4. What is Naomi afraid may be hiding in the grass?
5. As an adult, what does Naomi do for a living?
She is a teacher.
6. What does Naomi's husband do for a living?
Naomi does not have a husband.
7. Which child is identified as a "troublemaker" by Naomi?
8. Who dies in Naomi's family, prompting her to visit her Obasan?
9. What does "Obasan" mean in Japanese?
This section contains 4,197 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)