|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Naomi's older brother?
2. What did Naomi's parents do that was unusual within their community?
(a) They did not speak Japanese with their families.
(b) They did not have an arranged marriage.
(c) They decided not to be married.
(d) They adopted their children.
3. What is the name of the man who sexually abused Naomi when she was a child?
(a) Short Mr. Gower.
(b) Old Mr. Gower.
(c) Tall Mr. Gower.
(d) Young Mr. Gower.
4. In what country does the novel take place?
(a) The United States.
5. Which recipe did Uncle spend years trying to perfect?
(a) His sticky rice recipe.
(b) His chocolate chip cookie recipe.
(c) His bread recipe.
(d) HIs barbequed ribs recipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character developed a limp during WWII?
2. What does "Obasan" mean in Japanese?
3. On what day does Aunt Emily write her first letter to Naomi's mother about the state of racism in Canada?
4. How many children do Obasan and Uncle have?
5. What is the name of the town that Naomi and her family are relocated to?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)