|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Naomi's mother abandoned her, where does Naomi remember her mother moved to?
(c) The United States.
2. On what day does Aunt Emily write her first letter to Naomi's mother about the state of racism in Canada?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
3. At whose home does Naomi remember spending most of her time growing up?
(a) At Obasan's.
(b) At Aunt Emily's.
(c) At Grandmother Kato's.
(d) At Grandmother Nakane's.
4. What article of Stephen's clothing is damaged by a racist classmate?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His pants.
5. Which generation of Japanese-Canadians are the Nisei?
(a) Fourth generation.
(b) Second generation.
(c) First generation.
(d) Third generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the childhood story that Naomi is frequently told, from what piece of fruit does the little boy appear from?
2. Which of the following is NOT described as filling Naomi's childhood home?
3. As a child, how does Naomi remember the sounds of music that filled the house?
4. When Aunt Emily is giving the speech about racism throughout the world, what reaction does Naomi have?
5. How many children do Obasan and Uncle have?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)