|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bought Obasan and Uncle a puppy?
(a) Naomi's grandparents.
(c) Naomi's parents.
(d) Aunt Emily.
2. In what country does the novel take place?
(d) The United States.
3. The giant creature in Naomi's dream is a mix of what two animals?
(a) A lion and a bear.
(b) A bird and a bear.
(c) A dog and a lion.
(d) A bird and a dog.
4. What ethnicity is the officer in Naomi's dream?
5. Which generation of Japanese-Canadians are the Nisei?
(a) Third generation.
(b) Second generation.
(c) First generation.
(d) Fourth generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the traumatic event with the animals, what does Naomi remember entering her yard, preventing her from discussing the events with anyone?
2. What type of flower does Uncle have in his mouth when he appears in Naomi's dream?
3. When Obasan awakens Naomi in the middle of the night, where does she take her?
4. Which child is identified as a "troublemaker" by Naomi?
5. How old is Naomi in the last photo taken of her and her mother?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)