|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country does Aunt Emily claim is the most racist toward the Japanese people?
2. What ethnicity is the officer in Naomi's dream?
3. What did Naomi's parents do that was unusual within their community?
(a) They adopted their children.
(b) They did not speak Japanese with their families.
(c) They did not have an arranged marriage.
(d) They decided not to be married.
4. Which generation of Japanese-Canadians are the Nisei?
(a) Third generation.
(b) Fourth generation.
(c) First generation.
(d) Second generation.
5. What did Naomi's grandfather spend his life building?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Naomi's dream, who is with her on the mountain?
2. Which family member abandoned Naomi when she was a child?
3. In what country does the novel take place?
4. Which child is identified as a "troublemaker" by Naomi?
5. How does Naomi feel about her Aunt's revolutionary thinking?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)