|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is interesting about the giant creature in Naomi's dream?
(a) It is a giant stuffed animal.
(b) It is invisible.
(c) It is cartooned.
(d) It is robotic.
2. How old is Naomi in the last photo taken of her and her mother?
(a) A toddler.
(b) An infant.
(c) An adult.
(d) A teenager.
3. As an adult, what does Naomi do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a lawyer.
(c) She is an artist.
(d) She is a doctor.
4. Which of the following descriptions does NOT describe Obasan as Naomi sees her?
(a) Obasan is almost deaf.
(b) Obasan is going blind.
(c) Obasan has a hump growing on her back.
(d) Obasan has a gummy mouth.
5. What is the name of Naomi's older brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Emily want to do for a living, but was never able to find work?
2. In what country does the novel take place?
3. Which character repeats the phrase, "Everybody dies some day" over and over?
4. Which generation of Japanese-Canadians are the Nisei?
5. What did Naomi's parents do that was unusual within their community?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)