|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which child is identified as a "troublemaker" by Naomi?
2. What does Naomi's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) Naomi does not have a husband.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a doctor.
3. What traumatic incident does Naomi remember witnessing with the animals that she was raising?
(a) Her brother drowning one of her animals.
(b) Her father killing one of her animals for dinner.
(c) A mother animal killing its baby.
(d) A large hawk swooping down and stealing one of her animals.
4. What did Aunt Emily want to do for a living, but was never able to find work?
(a) She wanted to be a painter.
(b) She wanted to be a teacher.
(c) She wanted to be a political activist.
(d) She wanted to be a dancer.
5. What does "Obasan" mean in Japanese?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity is Naomi Nakane?
2. When Aunt Emily is giving the speech about racism throughout the world, what reaction does Naomi have?
3. Who bought Obasan and Uncle a puppy?
4. Where does Naomi remember seeing a man wink at her when she was a small child?
5. After the traumatic event with the animals, what does Naomi remember entering her yard, preventing her from discussing the events with anyone?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)