|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27, 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, how does Naomi remember the sounds of music that filled the house?
(a) She does not remember the music.
(b) She is haunted by the sounds of music.
(c) She remembers the music fondly.
(d) She is filled with fear when she hears the music.
2. Which of the following does Naomi NOT view as a rule to proper Japanese living?
(a) Trying to disappear.
(b) Behaving politely.
(c) Engaging in political conversation.
(d) Not staring.
3. In the childhood story that Naomi was frequently told, what is the name of the little boy who appears to Grandmother and Grandfather?
4. Which of the following is NOT a plight that the Nakane family suffer while living on the farm?
(a) Insect infestation.
(b) Torrential downpouring rain.
(c) No clean water.
(d) Long work hours.
5. What is Naomi concerned might have happened to her mother when she returned to Japan?
(a) She is concerned that her mother was kidnapped.
(b) She is concerned that her mother drown.
(c) She is concerned that her mother starved.
(d) She is concerned that her mother became wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the home that the Nakane family live in while on the farm?
2. Which character teaches Naomi that it was impolite to look anyone directly in the eyes?
3. In Naomi's reccurring dream, what are the three Oriental women wearing?
4. In the childhood story that Naomi is frequently told, from what piece of fruit does the little boy appear from?
5. How many people in Naomi's family are ever returned their land by the government?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)