|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27, 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the traumatic event with the animals, what does Naomi remember entering her yard, preventing her from discussing the events with anyone?
(a) Loud neighbor boys.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A gaggle of neighborhood gossips.
(d) A pack of wild dogs.
2. How many people does Aunt Emily know of that returned to Vancouver in the 1940s?
3. During which season does Uncle come to stay with the family in Slocan?
4. What does the Nakane family eat to stay warm at night when they are living on the farm?
(a) Whole red onions.
(b) Green jalapeno peppers.
(c) Black peppercorns.
(d) Cloves of garlic.
5. What is the name of the bluff that Naomi and her school friends climb?
(a) Minnie's bluff.
(b) Daffy's bluff.
(c) Pluto's bluff.
(d) Mickey's bluff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Naomi remember seeing a man wink at her when she was a small child?
2. How far away way is Grandmother Nakane's internment camp from Slocan?
3. What is the name of the boy that Naomi remembers playing hide-and-seek with as a child?
4. Which of the following does Obasan say is strengthened by fire?
5. What does Obasan say strengthens humans?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)