|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27, 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy that Naomi remembers playing hide-and-seek with as a child?
2. Which word is the best translation of the Japanese word "wagamama" used in the novel?
3. To whom does Naomi remember running to for help when she witnessed the traumatic event with her animals?
(a) To her grandmother.
(b) To her mother.
(c) To her Obasan.
(d) To her Uncle.
4. What does the Nakane family eat to stay warm at night when they are living on the farm?
(a) Green jalapeno peppers.
(b) Whole red onions.
(c) Black peppercorns.
(d) Cloves of garlic.
5. With whom is Naomi still in contact from her Slocan community?
(c) Rough Lock Bill.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen spend his time at Grandmother Nakane's funeral?
2. When Naomi was being sexually abused as a child, who does she remember telling?
3. When Naomi's family is relocated from Slocan, what type of farm do they live on?
4. Besides moving back to Japan, what other option do families have in 1945?
5. Which of the following best describes the home that the Nakane family live in while on the farm?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)