Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4
1. In what country does the novel take place?
(b) The United States.
2. What ethnicity is Naomi Nakane?
3. In the opening chapter, what is Naomi's Uncle doing in the grass?
4. What is Naomi afraid may be hiding in the grass?
5. As an adult, what does Naomi do for a living?
(a) She is a lawyer.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a doctor.
(d) She is an artist.
6. What does Naomi's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) Naomi does not have a husband.
(d) He is an artist.
7. Which child is identified as a "troublemaker" by Naomi?
8. Who dies in Naomi's family, prompting her to visit her Obasan?
(a) Her Uncle.
(b) Her Father.
(c) Her Aunt.
(d) Her Mother.
9. What does "Obasan" mean in Japanese?
This section contains 4,197 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)