|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spider get to the beach?
2. What made Jem forget about her danger for a few days?
3. What demand does Jem make before talking to the police?
4. What kind of animal does Britney own?
5. Why does Jem no longer hang out in the places other kids go?
Essay Topic 1
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)