|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops a man who will soon die from confronting Jem in the church?
2. What does the rector's wife bring for Jem?
3. What does Britney ask Jem?
4. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
5. Why does Jem talk to Britney until so late in the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
2. What does Jem use the church keys to do?
3. How does Karen respond when she hears about Jem's power?
4. Why does Jem go to Weston?
5. How does Jem get some money in the woods?
6. What makes Jem angry with the police?
7. What does Simon suggest Jem do about her situation?
8. Why is the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
9. What does Jem say when Britney asks her about her foster mother?
10. What makes Jem consider suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and then write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What does Jem feel about friendship, and why is this so central to the plot?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)