|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Simon's occupation?
2. What eats a good portion of Jem's food from Britney's house?
3. What is the name of the rector's wife?
4. What does Spider leave to find while Jem is hiding after the confrontation with the man from the party?
5. What time do the police leave after talking to Jem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Jem consider suicide?
2. What happens when Jem tries to eat after splitting up from Spider?
3. Why does Jem go to Weston?
4. Why does Jem reject the idea of turning herself into the police?
5. What does Britney do for Jem?
6. What does Jem use the church keys to do?
7. What good does Anne say can come from Jem's gift?
8. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
9. How does Jem get some money in the woods?
10. What does Simon suggest Jem do about her situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and then write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How does Jem show her persistant nature, and what effect does this attribute have on other people in her life?
Essay Topic 3
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)