|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the man from the party to find Spider?
2. What does Anne say Jem's gift could remind people to do?
3. What does Jem put supplies from Britney's house in?
4. Why doesn't Britney's brother live with her?
5. What does Jem name her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spider get captured?
2. What does Britney do for Jem?
3. Why is the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
4. Why is it so ironic for Britney to help Jem?
5. Why do Jem and Spider look so guilty to the police?
6. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
7. Why does Jem reject the idea of turning herself into the police?
8. How does Jem stop the people in the church from clamoring around her?
9. What good does Anne say can come from Jem's gift?
10. What makes Jem angry with the police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What was Jem's ability, and how did it shape her life for good and bad?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)