|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Britney's father do for a living?
2. How does Spider save Jem from the man at the party?
3. What made Jem forget about her danger for a few days?
4. How does Jem feel about the person counseling the people wanting to speak to Jem?
5. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jem go to Weston?
2. What makes Jem consider suicide?
3. What does Simon suggest Jem do about her situation?
4. Why was Jem not able to go to the cremation of Spider?
5. What does Jemma demand in return for her story to the police?
6. How does Karen die?
7. Why is it so ironic for Britney to help Jem?
8. Why does Jem reject the idea of turning herself into the police?
9. What makes Jem angry with the police?
10. What happens when Jem tries to eat after splitting up from Spider?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Rachel Ward have chosen these particular settings?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)