|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spider go back to the man from the party after saving Jem?
2. What does Karen plead with Jem to help her with?
3. What does Jem's son's teacher say her son puts on all his pictures?
4. What does Jem name her son?
5. How does Vic want to help Jem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Karen die?
2. Why does Jem reject the idea of turning herself into the police?
3. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
4. Why is it so ironic for Britney to help Jem?
5. How does Jem get some money in the woods?
6. Why does Jem decide to tell Karen about her gift?
7. What makes Jem angry with the police?
8. How does Jem stop the people in the church from clamoring around her?
9. What makes Jem consider suicide?
10. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book.
Essay Topic 2
What was Jem's ability, and how did it shape her life for good and bad?
Essay Topic 3
Anne and Karen are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two women in Jem's life.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)