|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jem not worried about what her son struggles with?
2. What does the man from the party say to anger Spider?
3. What does the older man who works with Simon demand Jem be searched for?
4. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
5. What does Karen plead with Jem to help her with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jem tries to eat after splitting up from Spider?
2. What brings Jem to understand a bit of her mother's dependency on drugs?
3. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
4. How does Spider get captured?
5. What makes Jem angry with the police?
6. Why is the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
7. How does Jem stop the people in the church from clamoring around her?
8. How does this book end?
9. Why was Jem not able to go to the cremation of Spider?
10. How does Karen respond when she hears about Jem's power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Jem learn from her lonely trek in the woods, and how did this change her life?
Essay Topic 2
What was Jem's ability, and how did it shape her life for good and bad?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)