|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen plead with Jem to help her with?
2. Why does Jem no longer hang out in the places other kids go?
3. What time does Jem wake up at Britney's house?
4. What does the older man who works with Simon demand Jem be searched for?
5. Who goes to the beach with Jem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jemma demand in return for her story to the police?
2. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
3. What makes Jem angry with the police?
4. Why does Jem decide to tell Karen about her gift?
5. Why is it so ironic for Britney to help Jem?
6. How does Jem feel when Spider says others may have Jem's gift?
7. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
8. How does Jem stop the people in the church from clamoring around her?
9. How does Spider get captured?
10. What does Britney do for Jem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Jem learn from her lonely trek in the woods, and how did this change her life?
Essay Topic 2
Anne and Karen are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two women in Jem's life.
Essay Topic 3
How does Jem show her persistant nature, and what effect does this attribute have on other people in her life?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)