|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the police take Jem away from the church?
2. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
3. How does Jem learn Spider has been captured?
4. Who in the church does Jem tell her secret to?
5. Which of these people go with Jem to the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jem and Spider look so guilty to the police?
2. How does Karen die?
3. How does Jem feel when Spider says others may have Jem's gift?
4. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
5. What does Jemma demand in return for her story to the police?
6. Why does Jem decide to tell Karen about her gift?
7. How does Karen respond when she hears about Jem's power?
8. Why was Jem not able to go to the cremation of Spider?
9. What does Simon suggest Jem do about her situation?
10. Why does Jem reject the idea of turning herself into the police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Jem learn from her lonely trek in the woods, and how did this change her life?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship did Spider have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)