|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
2. Where does Jem head after leaving Britney's house?
3. What medical trial does Karen have?
4. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
5. What does the ill woman ask Jem to do for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Anne tell Jem?
2. Why was Jem not able to go to the cremation of Spider?
3. What does Jem say when Britney asks her about her foster mother?
4. Why does Jem go to Weston?
5. How does Spider get captured?
6. What good does Anne say can come from Jem's gift?
7. How does Karen respond when she hears about Jem's power?
8. What makes Jem think that Spider is killed when captured?
9. What brings Jem to understand a bit of her mother's dependency on drugs?
10. What happens when Jem tries to eat after splitting up from Spider?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and then write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What did Jem learn from her lonely trek in the woods, and how did this change her life?
Essay Topic 3
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)