|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical trial does Karen have?
2. How does Jem get away from the police after spending the money she gets in the woods?
3. What makes Jem remember the danger she is in?
4. Who in the church does Jem tell her secret to?
5. What does Jem's son struggle with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this book end?
2. What happens when Jem tries to eat after splitting up from Spider?
3. What brings Jem to understand a bit of her mother's dependency on drugs?
4. What does Jem use the church keys to do?
5. How does Jem feel when Spider says others may have Jem's gift?
6. How does Karen die?
7. What makes Jem think that Spider is killed when captured?
8. What does Simon suggest Jem do about her situation?
9. What keeps Jem from killing herself?
10. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Jem learn from her lonely trek in the woods, and how did this change her life?
Essay Topic 2
Anne presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
How does Jem show her persistant nature, and what effect does this attribute have on other people in her life?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)