|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to the beach with Jem?
2. What does Jem do when Spider arrives at the church?
3. What does the rector say Jem is overreacting about?
4. Where is there a spare set of keys in the church?
5. Why does Spider go back to the man from the party after saving Jem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jemma demand in return for her story to the police?
2. How does Jem feel when Spider says others may have Jem's gift?
3. What does Britney do for Jem?
4. How does Jem stop the people in the church from clamoring around her?
5. What makes Jem think that Spider is killed when captured?
6. What good does Anne say can come from Jem's gift?
7. What makes Jem angry with the police?
8. What does Jem use the church keys to do?
9. What does Simon suggest Jem do about her situation?
10. Why is the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)