|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jem's son able to see Karen die?
2. What time does Jem wake up at Britney's house?
3. What time do the police leave after talking to Jem?
4. Who in the church does Jem tell her secret to?
5. How does Jem make sure the police will keep their promise to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it so ironic for Britney to help Jem?
2. What does Jemma demand in return for her story to the police?
3. What does Jem use the church keys to do?
4. How does Karen respond when she hears about Jem's power?
5. How does Jem stop the people in the church from clamoring around her?
6. What good does Anne say can come from Jem's gift?
7. Why does Jem decide to tell Karen about her gift?
8. What secret does Anne tell Jem?
9. What makes Jem angry with the police?
10. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship did Spider have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)