|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jem make sure the police will keep their promise to her?
2. What does Britney's father do for a living?
3. Where does Jem head after leaving Britney's house?
4. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
5. How does Jem come across money in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What keeps Jem from killing herself?
2. What secret does Anne tell Jem?
3. Why is the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
4. Why does Jem decide to tell Karen about her gift?
5. What does Jem say when Britney asks her about her foster mother?
6. How does Spider get captured?
7. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
8. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
9. What makes Jem think that Spider is killed when captured?
10. Why is it so ironic for Britney to help Jem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)