|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the older man who works with Simon demand Jem be searched for?
2. Who sent the man from the party to find Spider?
3. When does Spider say his life with Jem will begin?
4. What does the rector say Jem is overreacting about?
5. Who counsels the people trying to speak to Jem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jem and Spider look so guilty to the police?
2. Why was Jem not able to go to the cremation of Spider?
3. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
4. What makes Jem angry with the police?
5. How does Karen die?
6. What brings Jem to understand a bit of her mother's dependency on drugs?
7. What makes Jem think that Spider is killed when captured?
8. What makes Jem consider suicide?
9. What does Jem say when Britney asks her about her foster mother?
10. What secret does Anne tell Jem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Anne presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)