|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jem's son able to see Karen die?
2. How many days does the man from the party have before his death?
3. How long does the rector's wife have to live?
4. What made Jem forget about her danger for a few days?
5. How does Jem come across money in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this book end?
2. What makes Jem think that Spider is killed when captured?
3. Why do Jem and Spider look so guilty to the police?
4. What does Jemma demand in return for her story to the police?
5. What secret does Anne tell Jem?
6. Why does Jem go to Weston?
7. Why is the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
8. What happens when Jem tries to eat after splitting up from Spider?
9. How does Karen respond when she hears about Jem's power?
10. What does Jem say when Britney asks her about her foster mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book.
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)