|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Spider say his life with Jem will begin?
2. What does Jem do when Spider arrives at the church?
3. What was Jem incapable of after Spider's death?
4. What does the rector's wife bring for Jem?
5. Where does Jem meet Simon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jemma demand in return for her story to the police?
2. What does Jem say when Britney asks her about her foster mother?
3. What does Simon suggest Jem do about her situation?
4. How does Karen respond when she hears about Jem's power?
5. How does Jem feel when Spider says others may have Jem's gift?
6. Why is the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
7. Why does Jem reject the idea of turning herself into the police?
8. How does Spider get captured?
9. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
10. Why was Jem not able to go to the cremation of Spider?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Spider have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Anne presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)