|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man with the near death date ask Jem for?
2. How does Jem know that Spider is involved in something illegal?
3. What do Jem and Spider do when a vehicle scares them in the night?
4. What does Jem see explode?
5. What confession does Spider make after he and Jem make love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. McNulty say Jem will become in class one day, and why?
2. How does Jem save Spider in the woods?
3. What strange thing does Jem notice while at the Eye of London?
4. What does Val realize when Jem refuses to say she will take care of Spider?
5. What makes the moment so awkward after Jem and Spider make love?
6. Why is Jem so hesitant to become friends with Terry?
7. Why does Jem say she never wants children?
8. How does Spider show his optimistic attitude in the woods?
9. Why does Jem carry guilt about the explosion?
10. Why does Jem stop Spider from getting food in the wild?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters strive for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Anne presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)