|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Val make for Jem after the man with the near death date dies?
2. What is the first place Jem goes when the woman drops her off in town?
3. Who recognizes Jem and Spider as runaways in the town they hitch hike to?
4. How does the man with the near death date die?
5. Why is Jem trying hard at a class in the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the moment so awkward after Jem and Spider make love?
2. Why does Jem stop Spider from getting food in the wild?
3. What strange thing does Jem notice while at the Eye of London?
4. What does Mr. McNulty say Jem will become in class one day, and why?
5. What special gift does Jem have?
6. How is Karen different for Jem than other people who had her position?
7. What does Spider want to do after stealing a car?
8. Who is Cyril, and how does Jem learn about him?
9. Why does the woman in town offer to do a favor for Jem and Spider?
10. How does Jem save Spider in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and then write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)