|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jem feel when she sees some animals at night?
2. How do Jem's teachers feel when she doesn't show up to school?
3. Where do Spider and Jem run when they are recognized at a gas station?
4. How does Jem feel when she is invited to a party?
5. Where is Spider when he first kisses Jem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spider calm Jem's fears about the cows?
2. What mistake does Jem make while buying a map?
3. What does Jem tell Mr. McNulty she wants to be when she grows up?
4. What does Val say when she first meets Jem?
5. What makes the moment so awkward after Jem and Spider make love?
6. What does Spider want to do after stealing a car?
7. Why does Spider steal a car to get out of the city?
8. How does the dance in the rain change Jem?
9. What strange thing does Jem notice while at the Eye of London?
10. What idea does Jem wrestle with after saving Spider in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Anne presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)