|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spider say is similar to Jem after learning of her power?
2. Who does Jem threaten at school?
3. Who goes with Jem when she follows the man with the near death date?
4. Where is Jem's favorite haunt?
5. What is Terry's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jem carry guilt about the explosion?
2. How are Jem and Spider forced to leave the stolen car?
3. What makes the moment so awkward after Jem and Spider make love?
4. What does Mr. McNulty say Jem will become in class one day, and why?
5. What illegal activity is Spider involved in?
6. What does Jem tell Mr. McNulty she wants to be when she grows up?
7. Why does Jem stop Spider from getting food in the wild?
8. How does Jem feel after she destroys everything she owns, and why?
9. Why is Jem so hesitant to become friends with Terry?
10. What mistake does Jem make while buying a map?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is something that many of the main characters strive for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)