|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jem feel when she sees some animals at night?
2. What does Jem notice first about many of the people at the party?
3. What does Jem say she will never use her powers for Spider for?
4. What does Jem do to save Spider's life while hiking?
5. What does Jem see explode?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jem not take up the offer of the woman in town who knows she is a run away?
2. What does Val realize when Jem refuses to say she will take care of Spider?
3. What special gift does Jem have?
4. What illegal activity is Spider involved in?
5. What strange thing does Jem notice while at the Eye of London?
6. How does Jem know Spider is involved in something illegal?
7. What does Jem tell Mr. McNulty she wants to be when she grows up?
8. What idea does Jem wrestle with after saving Spider in the woods?
9. Why does the woman in town offer to do a favor for Jem and Spider?
10. How does Spider calm Jem's fears about the cows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book.
Essay Topic 3
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)