|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Jem's mother's body when she died?
2. How does Jem feel while hiking with Spider?
3. Where do Spider and Jem run when they are recognized at a gas station?
4. How does Jem know that Spider is involved in something illegal?
5. What is Jem's full name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jem reject the idea of turning herself into the police?
2. Why do Jem and Spider look so guilty to the police?
3. Why does Jem decide to tell Karen about her gift?
4. What strange thing does Jem notice while at the Eye of London?
5. How does Spider calm down Jem about her guilt over the explosion?
6. What does Mr. McNulty say Jem will become in class one day, and why?
7. What does Jem use the church keys to do?
8. What does Jemma demand in return for her story to the police?
9. What does Jem tell Mr. McNulty she wants to be when she grows up?
10. What does Jem say when Britney asks her about her foster mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Jem show her persistant nature, and what effect does this attribute have on other people in her life?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and then write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)