|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spider call Jem when he learns of her power?
2. What does Jem do when Terry gives her a compliment?
3. What does Jem tell Val helped them get away from the explosion?
4. Why does Jem cut her hair?
5. Who does Spider steal a car from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spider show his optimistic attitude in the woods?
2. Why does Jem feel partially guilty about her mother's death?
3. Why does Jem say she never wants children?
4. What does Mr. McNulty say Jem will become in class one day, and why?
5. Why does Jem stop Spider from getting food in the wild?
6. Why does the woman in town offer to do a favor for Jem and Spider?
7. How does the dance in the rain change Jem?
8. How are Jem and Spider forced to leave the stolen car?
9. How does Jem save Spider in the woods?
10. Why does Jem carry guilt about the explosion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Jem learn from her lonely trek in the woods, and how did this change her life?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What was Jem's ability, and how did it shape her life for good and bad?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)