|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spider plan to use for food on his way to the coast?
2. What makes Jem think she and Spider are meant to be friends?
3. What does Jem tell Val helped them get away from the explosion?
4. What is the first compliment Terry gives Jem?
5. What kind of car does Spider steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jem see on the newspaper when eating in town?
2. How does Jem save Spider in the woods?
3. Why does Jem carry guilt about the explosion?
4. Why is Jem so hesitant to become friends with Terry?
5. What does Val realize when Jem refuses to say she will take care of Spider?
6. What does Jem tell Mr. McNulty she wants to be when she grows up?
7. Who is Cyril, and how does Jem learn about him?
8. What does Mr. McNulty say Jem will become in class one day, and why?
9. Why does Jem not take up the offer of the woman in town who knows she is a run away?
10. How is Karen different for Jem than other people who had her position?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)