|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Spider suspended for?
2. What makes Jem leave the barn she hides in at night?
3. Who does Jem threaten at school?
4. Where is Jem when she sees something explode?
5. What does Spider plan to use for food on his way to the coast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spider calm Jem's fears about the cows?
2. What special gift does Jem have?
3. Why does the woman in town offer to do a favor for Jem and Spider?
4. Why does Jem carry guilt about the explosion?
5. Why does Jem feel partially guilty about her mother's death?
6. What does Spider want to do after stealing a car?
7. Why does Jem say she never wants children?
8. How does Spider calm down Jem about her guilt over the explosion?
9. How are Jem and Spider forced to leave the stolen car?
10. How does Jem know Spider is involved in something illegal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne and Karen are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two women in Jem's life.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What does Jem feel about friendship, and why is this so central to the plot?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)