|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man with the near death date ask Jem for?
2. What confession does Spider make after he and Jem make love?
3. What does Spider call Jem when he learns of her power?
4. What does Jem tell Val helped them get away from the explosion?
5. Who invites Jem to a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the dance in the rain change Jem?
2. How does Spider show his optimistic attitude in the woods?
3. Why does Jem carry guilt about the explosion?
4. What mistake does Jem make while buying a map?
5. How does Spider calm down Jem about her guilt over the explosion?
6. How does Jem know Spider is involved in something illegal?
7. Why does Jem say she never wants children?
8. What idea does Jem wrestle with after saving Spider in the woods?
9. How does Jem save Spider in the woods?
10. What special gift does Jem have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Spider have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and then write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Rachel Ward have chosen these particular settings?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)