|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recognizes Spider at a gas station?
2. What good does Jem think will happen if she tells Spider his death date?
3. What makes Jem leave the barn she hides in at night?
4. When did Spider say his life began being mapped out?
5. What does Jem tell Val helped them get away from the explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spider calm Jem's fears about the cows?
2. What mistake does Jem make while buying a map?
3. How does Spider calm down Jem about her guilt over the explosion?
4. What does Val realize when Jem refuses to say she will take care of Spider?
5. What does Spider want to do after stealing a car?
6. What does Jem tell Mr. McNulty she wants to be when she grows up?
7. What does Mr. McNulty say Jem will become in class one day, and why?
8. How is Karen different for Jem than other people who had her position?
9. Why does Jem stop Spider from getting food in the wild?
10. Why does Jem carry guilt about the explosion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and then write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Honor is something that many of the main characters strive for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)