|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Jem think she and Spider are meant to be friends?
2. Who does Spider say is similar to Jem after learning of her power?
3. What does Spider plan to use for food on his way to the coast?
4. Why does Jem cut her hair?
5. What does Spider say he will do if the police catch him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What keeps Jem from killing herself?
2. How does Jem feel after she destroys everything she owns, and why?
3. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
4. What brings Jem to understand a bit of her mother's dependency on drugs?
5. How does this book end?
6. How does Karen die?
7. What secret does Anne tell Jem?
8. What does Jemma demand in return for her story to the police?
9. How does Spider calm down Jem about her guilt over the explosion?
10. Why is the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
Essay Topic 1
What was Jem's ability, and how did it shape her life for good and bad?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of relationship did Spider have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
Essay Topic 3
Anne and Karen are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two women in Jem's life.
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)