|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Karen?
2. What kind of animal do Jem and Spider deal with at night?
3. Whose house is the party held at?
4. What does Jem say she will never use her powers for Spider for?
5. What makes Jem think she and Spider are meant to be friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Val say when she first meets Jem?
2. Why does Jem say she never wants children?
3. What does Spider want to do after stealing a car?
4. Why does Jem feel partially guilty about her mother's death?
5. What does Mr. McNulty say Jem will become in class one day, and why?
6. Why does Jem stop Spider from getting food in the wild?
7. What does Jem see on the newspaper when eating in town?
8. What mistake does Jem make while buying a map?
9. Why is Jem so hesitant to become friends with Terry?
10. Why does Jem not take up the offer of the woman in town who knows she is a run away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Spider have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
Essay Topic 2
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)