Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jem see the dates?
2. How does the man with the near death date die?
3. Why has Jem changed schools so many times?
4. What caused the explosion?
5. Why does Jem say she never wants to be a mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Jem wrestle with after saving Spider in the woods?
2. What happens when Jem tries to eat after splitting up from Spider?
3. What does Britney do for Jem?
4. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
5. What strange thing does Jem notice while at the Eye of London?
6. Why does Spider steal a car to get out of the city?
7. Who is Cyril, and how does Jem learn about him?
8. Why does Jem carry guilt about the explosion?
9. How does the dance in the rain change Jem?
10. How does Jem feel when Spider says others may have Jem's gift?
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters strive for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of relationship did Spider have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)