Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jem see the dates?
2. How does the man with the near death date die?
3. Why has Jem changed schools so many times?
4. What caused the explosion?
5. Why does Jem say she never wants to be a mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Jem wrestle with after saving Spider in the woods?
2. What happens when Jem tries to eat after splitting up from Spider?
3. What does Britney do for Jem?
4. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
5. What strange thing does Jem notice while at the Eye of London?
6. Why does Spider steal a car to get out of the city?
7. Who is Cyril, and how does Jem learn about him?
8. Why does Jem carry guilt about the explosion?
9. How does the dance in the rain change Jem?
10. How does Jem feel when Spider says others may have Jem's gift?
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Rachel Ward have chosen these particular settings?
What caused Jem to be a suspect in the explosion, and how did she respond to this situation?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)