|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem start carrying with her after the party?
2. Why does Jem choose to not tell Spider his death date?
3. What confession does Spider make after he and Jem make love?
4. Why is Spider so uncomfortable while driving?
5. What does Jem say she will never use her powers for Spider for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jem say when Britney asks her about her foster mother?
2. Why does Jem feel partially guilty about her mother's death?
3. What does Jem tell Mr. McNulty she wants to be when she grows up?
4. Why does the woman in town offer to do a favor for Jem and Spider?
5. How does Spider get captured?
6. What makes Jem think that Spider is killed when captured?
7. What makes Jem angry with the police?
8. How does Jem feel when Spider says others may have Jem's gift?
9. What does Jem see on the newspaper when eating in town?
10. How does Spider show his optimistic attitude in the woods?
Essay Topic 1
What did Jem learn from her lonely trek in the woods, and how did this change her life?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Rachel Ward have chosen these particular settings?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)