|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jem threaten at school?
2. Where is Jem's favorite haunt?
3. What does Jem think of Spider when he is dancing in the rain?
4. What does Spider get upset with Jem for not bringing on their trip?
5. What does Jem tell Val helped them get away from the explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jem know Spider is involved in something illegal?
2. What does Mr. McNulty say Jem will become in class one day, and why?
3. How does Jem feel after she destroys everything she owns, and why?
4. Who is Cyril, and how does Jem learn about him?
5. How are Jem and Spider forced to leave the stolen car?
6. How does Spider calm Jem's fears about the cows?
7. What illegal activity is Spider involved in?
8. Why does Jem stop Spider from getting food in the wild?
9. How does Jem save Spider in the woods?
10. What does Jem tell Mr. McNulty she wants to be when she grows up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and then write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)