|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Jem's mother's body when she died?
2. What does Spider say he wants to do with his life while hiking?
3. What question does Spider promise to never ask Jem again?
4. What makes Jem leave the barn she hides in at night?
5. Who helps Jem fix her hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jem know Spider is involved in something illegal?
2. What does Spider want to do after stealing a car?
3. How does Spider show his optimistic attitude in the woods?
4. What idea does Jem wrestle with after saving Spider in the woods?
5. How does Spider calm down Jem about her guilt over the explosion?
6. How does the dance in the rain change Jem?
7. How is Karen different for Jem than other people who had her position?
8. Why does Jem stop Spider from getting food in the wild?
9. How does Jem feel after she destroys everything she owns, and why?
10. How does Spider calm Jem's fears about the cows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters strive for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship did Spider have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)