|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Britney ask Jem?
(a) If she is pregnant.
(b) If she can teach her craft.
(c) If she knows her own death date.
(d) If she is a terrorist.
2. What does Jem think might save Spider?
(a) A change of events.
(b) A turn to God.
(c) Her death.
(d) Some medication.
3. What is the name of the rector's wife?
4. What does Jem put supplies from Britney's house in?
(a) A backpack.
(b) A brief case.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A tote bag.
5. What does Jem say about the people they pass on the High Street?
(a) They are oblivious to what is happening.
(b) They will all die soon.
(c) They are looking for her.
(d) They could be informers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karen look when she gets to the church?
2. What medical trial does Karen have?
3. How does Vic want to help Jem?
4. Why can't Jem stay at the church?
5. How does Jem get away from the police after spending the money she gets in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jem and Spider look so guilty to the police?
2. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
3. How does Spider get captured?
4. What makes Jem angry with the police?
5. How does this book end?
6. How does Jem feel when Spider says others may have Jem's gift?
7. What makes Jem consider suicide?
8. How does Jem get some money in the woods?
9. What does Simon suggest Jem do about her situation?
10. What makes Jem think that Spider is killed when captured?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)