|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karen plead with Jem to help her with?
2. What does Jem's son know about Jem?
(a) How old she is.
(b) When she will get married.
(c) When she will die.
(d) What she is thinking.
3. Where does Jem worry she will be taken if her secret gets out?
(a) A foster home.
(b) The hospital.
(c) An asylum.
4. Why is Jem not worried about what her son struggles with?
(a) He is strong like his father.
(b) She had the same problems.
(c) She doesn't have time.
(d) He is gifted in other areas.
5. How does Spider die?
(a) He has an allergic reaction.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He falls from the roof.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jem feel about the person counseling the people wanting to speak to Jem?
2. What does Jem think might save Spider?
3. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
4. What demand does Jem make before talking to the police?
5. Where does Jem consider jumping from in the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Karen respond when she hears about Jem's power?
2. What secret does Anne tell Jem?
3. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
4. How does Jem get some money in the woods?
5. What good does Anne say can come from Jem's gift?
6. Why was Jem not able to go to the cremation of Spider?
7. Why does Jem reject the idea of turning herself into the police?
8. What does Britney do for Jem?
9. Why is it so ironic for Britney to help Jem?
10. How does Karen die?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)