|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Jem forget about her danger for a few days?
(a) Talking to Rita.
(b) Seeing less numbers than usual.
(c) Being away from a TV.
(d) Being with Spider.
2. What do the police do when they come in the church the first time?
(a) Question Jem.
(b) Tell Jem her options.
(c) Photograph Jem.
(d) Give Jem some medicine.
3. Who counsels the people trying to speak to Jem?
4. Why is Jem not worried about what her son struggles with?
(a) He is gifted in other areas.
(b) She had the same problems.
(c) He is strong like his father.
(d) She doesn't have time.
5. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
(a) A first aid kit.
(d) A phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karen tell Jem she can end the publicity?
2. How does Jem come across money in the woods?
3. What does Spider leave to find while Jem is hiding after the confrontation with the man from the party?
4. What does Britney ask Jem?
5. How does Spider die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
2. What makes Jem think that Spider is killed when captured?
3. Why does Jem decide to tell Karen about her gift?
4. What does Jem use the church keys to do?
5. What happens when Jem tries to eat after splitting up from Spider?
6. Why was Jem not able to go to the cremation of Spider?
7. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
8. How does Karen respond when she hears about Jem's power?
9. What makes Jem consider suicide?
10. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)