|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these people go with Jem to the beach?
2. What weapon does the man from the party use to threaten Jem?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A club.
(d) A rope.
3. What made Jem forget about her danger for a few days?
(a) Seeing less numbers than usual.
(b) Being away from a TV.
(c) Being with Spider.
(d) Talking to Rita.
4. What eats a good portion of Jem's food from Britney's house?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A dog.
5. What makes Jem think Spider died while at Britney's house?
(a) She has a bad dream.
(b) She reads an article.
(c) She hears Britney talking to her father.
(d) She sees some strange numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jem make sure the police will keep their promise to her?
2. Why was Jem's son able to see Karen die?
3. How does Vic want to help Jem?
4. Why does Jem not believe that she and Spider will have a life together?
5. Who goes to the beach with Jem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jem decide to tell Karen about her gift?
2. How does Jem stop the people in the church from clamoring around her?
3. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
4. Why do Jem and Spider look so guilty to the police?
5. What brings Jem to understand a bit of her mother's dependency on drugs?
6. How does this book end?
7. What makes Jem angry with the police?
8. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
9. Why does Jem reject the idea of turning herself into the police?
10. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)