|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jem hide after the confrontation with the man from the party?
(a) A stolen car.
(b) A park.
(c) A ditch.
(d) An empty building.
2. What was Jem incapable of after Spider's death?
(b) Interacting with others.
3. What does the older man who works with Simon want Jem to do?
(a) Turn herself in.
(b) Run away at night.
(c) Hide away.
(d) Call her parents.
4. What is Vic's last name?
5. Why can't the police take Jem away from the church?
(a) She is underage.
(b) She is too sick to move.
(c) She has claimed sanctuary.
(d) She is armed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ill woman ask Jem to do for her?
2. What does Britney ask Jem?
3. How many days does the man from the party have before his death?
4. How does Karen tell Jem she can end the publicity?
5. Why does Jem not believe that she and Spider will have a life together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jemma demand in return for her story to the police?
2. How does Jem feel when Spider says others may have Jem's gift?
3. What does Simon suggest Jem do about her situation?
4. Why was Jem not able to go to the cremation of Spider?
5. Why does Jem stop hanging out in the places kids go when they have nothing to do?
6. Why does Jem go to Weston?
7. How does Jem stop the people in the church from clamoring around her?
8. What major change came over Jem in the hospital?
9. How does Spider get captured?
10. How does Karen die?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)