|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spider get upset with Jem for not bringing on their trip?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A map.
(d) Water bottles.
2. What does Spider think of Jem's haircut?
(a) It is cool.
(b) It is manly.
(c) It is pretty.
(d) It is ugly.
3. Who is Karen?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A counsellor.
(c) A nun.
(d) A foster mother.
4. Why does Jem say she never wants to be a mother?
(a) She has no money.
(b) She would have to trust men.
(c) She never wants to leave a child the way she was left.
(d) She would see her child's date of death.
5. Where does Jem meet Terry?
(a) By the canal.
(b) Behind the church.
(c) At school.
(d) In the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem do when it begins raining outside?
2. What does Jem tell Val helped them get away from the explosion?
3. How did Jem used to present the numbers she saw to her mother?
4. What does the woman who recognizes Jem and Spider as runaways offer to do for them?
5. How does Spider plan to spend the nights on his way to the coast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Jem make while buying a map?
2. How does Spider calm Jem's fears about the cows?
3. What makes the moment so awkward after Jem and Spider make love?
4. How does Spider show his optimistic attitude in the woods?
5. Why does Jem carry guilt about the explosion?
6. How does the dance in the rain change Jem?
7. Why does Jem feel partially guilty about her mother's death?
8. How does Jem save Spider in the woods?
9. What illegal activity is Spider involved in?
10. Why does Jem not take up the offer of the woman in town who knows she is a run away?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)