|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recognizes Jem and Spider as runaways in the town they hitch hike to?
2. What kind of animal do Jem and Spider deal with at night?
(c) All of these.
3. When did Jem realize what the numbers were?
(a) When her mother died.
(b) When she met Terry.
(c) When her sister was born.
(d) When her father explained it to her.
4. Who goes with Jem when she follows the man with the near death date?
5. Where is Jem's favorite haunt?
(a) Near the canal.
(b) Her basement.
(c) Behind the school.
(d) In an alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personal problem does Jem say keeps her from getting romantic with Spider?
2. Why does Jem choose to not tell Spider his death date?
3. What does Spider call Jem when he learns of her power?
4. What do the numbers that Jem sees indicate?
5. Why does Jem cut her hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Val realize when Jem refuses to say she will take care of Spider?
2. What does Jem tell Mr. McNulty she wants to be when she grows up?
3. How is Karen different for Jem than other people who had her position?
4. Why does Spider steal a car to get out of the city?
5. Who is Cyril, and how does Jem learn about him?
6. What idea does Jem wrestle with after saving Spider in the woods?
7. How does Spider show his optimistic attitude in the woods?
8. What special gift does Jem have?
9. How are Jem and Spider forced to leave the stolen car?
10. How does Spider calm Jem's fears about the cows?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)