|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jem's last name?
2. Who helps Jem fix her hair?
3. What does Spider call Jem when he learns of her power?
(a) An enchantress.
(b) A witch.
(c) A magician.
(d) A psychic.
4. What confession does Spider make after he and Jem make love?
(a) He is being hunted.
(b) He stole from his grandmother.
(c) He is in love with Jem.
(d) He has AIDS.
5. What does Spider think of Jem's haircut?
(a) It is ugly.
(b) It is pretty.
(c) It is cool.
(d) It is manly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jem's mother die?
2. Who recognizes Jem and Spider as runaways in the town they hitch hike to?
3. When did Jem realize what the numbers were?
4. What does Jem start carrying with her after the party?
5. What does Val make for Jem after the man with the near death date dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jem save Spider in the woods?
2. How does the dance in the rain change Jem?
3. Why does Jem feel partially guilty about her mother's death?
4. Why does Jem say she never wants children?
5. Why does the woman in town offer to do a favor for Jem and Spider?
6. How does Spider calm down Jem about her guilt over the explosion?
7. Why does Jem not take up the offer of the woman in town who knows she is a run away?
8. What mistake does Jem make while buying a map?
9. What makes the moment so awkward after Jem and Spider make love?
10. What does Val say when she first meets Jem?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)