|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found Jem's mother's body when she died?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) The police.
(c) Her brother.
2. What does the man with the near death date ask Jem for?
(b) A hug.
(c) A phone.
(d) Some change.
3. How does Jem say most people view Spider?
4. Why doesn't Jem want to be friends with Terry?
(a) She can't be distracted.
(b) He is black.
(c) She is moving soon.
(d) He will die soon.
5. What does Spider plan to use for food on his way to the coast?
(a) Stolen food.
(b) Wild berries.
(c) The 72 hour kits in his car.
(d) Fast food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Spider so uncomfortable while driving?
2. How does Spider initially respond to hearing about Jem's power?
3. What does Jem tell Val helped them get away from the explosion?
4. How old is Jem at the beginning of the book?
5. Where do Spider and Jem run when they are recognized at a gas station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Spider want to do after stealing a car?
2. What does Jem see on the newspaper when eating in town?
3. How does the dance in the rain change Jem?
4. Why does Jem say she never wants children?
5. What does Val say when she first meets Jem?
6. How does Jem feel after she destroys everything she owns, and why?
7. What does Mr. McNulty say Jem will become in class one day, and why?
8. What does Jem tell Mr. McNulty she wants to be when she grows up?
9. Who is Cyril, and how does Jem learn about him?
10. What idea does Jem wrestle with after saving Spider in the woods?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)