|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Jem wake up at Britney's house?
(a) 6:00 am.
(b) 5:30 am.
(c) 6:30 am.
(d) 7:00 am.
2. What made Jem forget about her danger for a few days?
(a) Seeing less numbers than usual.
(b) Being with Spider.
(c) Being away from a TV.
(d) Talking to Rita.
3. How does Vic want to help Jem?
(a) Make her famous.
(b) Rid her of her gift.
(c) Represent her in court.
(d) Scientifically prove her gift.
4. What makes Jem remember the danger she is in?
(a) The increased amount of numbers.
(b) Feeling sick.
(c) The newspaper story.
(d) Talking to Rita.
5. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At the beach.
(c) When she gives birth.
(d) When Spider dies.
6. What kind of animal does Britney own?
7. What does Jem put supplies from Britney's house in?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A brief case.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A tote bag.
8. What does Jem leave out while talking to the police?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Her previous meeting with Baz.
(c) Her personal relationship with Spider.
(d) Her power.
9. What does Britney ask Jem?
(a) If she is pregnant.
(b) If she can teach her craft.
(c) If she is a terrorist.
(d) If she knows her own death date.
10. What does the older man who works with Simon want Jem to do?
(a) Turn herself in.
(b) Hide away.
(c) Run away at night.
(d) Call her parents.
11. What does Spider leave to find while Jem is hiding after the confrontation with the man from the party?
(a) A car.
(b) Some money.
(c) A phone.
12. Where does Jem consider jumping from in the church?
(a) The steeple.
(b) The window.
(c) The altar.
(d) The bell tower.
13. Who tells Jem she can't stay at the church?
(b) The Police chief.
(d) The rector.
14. How long does the rector's wife have to live?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 week.
15. Where does Jem head after leaving Britney's house?
(d) The woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem's son know about Jem?
2. How does Jem come across money in the woods?
3. How does Jem make sure the police will keep their promise to her?
4. What keeps Jem from killing herself?
5. How does Karen look when she gets to the church?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)