|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spider die?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He has an allergic reaction.
(c) He falls from the roof.
(d) He is shot.
2. What does Jem leave out while talking to the police?
(a) Her previous meeting with Baz.
(b) Her personal relationship with Spider.
(c) Her power.
(d) Her mother's death.
3. Why does Jem not believe that she and Spider will have a life together?
(a) She knows he will die that day.
(b) She knows he will find someone new.
(c) She is afraid of making promises.
(d) She refuses to go to prison.
4. What makes the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
(a) She knows her date of death.
(b) She is a terrorist.
(c) She is a refugee.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What does Karen plead with Jem to help her with?
6. What does the older man who works with Simon want Jem to do?
(a) Run away at night.
(b) Turn herself in.
(c) Hide away.
(d) Call her parents.
7. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
(b) A first aid kit.
(d) A phone.
8. What keeps Jem from killing herself?
(a) Seeing her mother's face.
(b) The cry of a child.
(c) Talking to Spider.
(d) Karen's pleading.
9. What does Britney feed Jem?
(a) Corn dogs.
(d) All of these.
10. How does Karen tell Jem she can end the publicity?
(a) Run away.
(b) Turn herself in.
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) Tell people she is a phony.
11. What does Karen say when she hears about Jem's power?
(a) She should never tell anyone that.
(b) Jem is very lucky.
(c) There are lots of explanations.
(d) She knows someone else like that.
12. Why does Jem talk to Britney until so late in the night?
(a) She misses her mother.
(b) She is afraid to sleep.
(c) She can't sleep.
(d) She is worried about Spider.
13. What is Vic's last name?
14. Where does Jem head when she learns Spider has been captured?
15. Why was Jem's son able to see Karen die?
(a) Jem didn't know he was awake.
(b) Jem wanted him to understand.
(c) Jem couldn't get him to turn away.
(d) Jem was more worried about Karen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these people go with Jem to the beach?
2. What kind of animal does Britney own?
3. What does the ill woman ask Jem to do for her?
4. What makes Jem remember the danger she is in?
5. What does Jem put supplies from Britney's house in?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)