|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jem consider jumping from in the church?
(a) The window.
(b) The steeple.
(c) The altar.
(d) The bell tower.
2. How does Jem feel about the person counseling the people wanting to speak to Jem?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is oblivious.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is impressed.
3. How long does the rector's wife have to live?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 year.
4. What is Vic's last name?
5. What does the older man who works with Simon want Jem to do?
(a) Call her parents.
(b) Hide away.
(c) Turn herself in.
(d) Run away at night.
6. How does Jem get away from the police after spending the money she gets in the woods?
(a) She runs to a school.
(b) She dives into a ditch.
(c) She goes into a church.
(d) She hides in a parking lot.
7. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
(a) When Spider dies.
(b) When she gives birth.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In the hospital.
8. What does Anne say Jem's gift could remind people to do?
(a) Turn to God.
(b) Avoid danger.
(c) Live their life to the fullest.
(d) Respect others with gifts.
9. Why does Jem talk to Britney until so late in the night?
(a) She is afraid to sleep.
(b) She misses her mother.
(c) She can't sleep.
(d) She is worried about Spider.
10. What does Karen say when she hears about Jem's power?
(a) She should never tell anyone that.
(b) There are lots of explanations.
(c) Jem is very lucky.
(d) She knows someone else like that.
11. Who brings Spider to the church?
(a) A police man.
(b) A priest.
(c) A judge.
12. Why does Spider go back to the man from the party after saving Jem?
(a) He is mad at him.
(b) He wants to stand up for himself.
(c) He wants to know how he got there.
(d) He needs some money back.
13. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
(a) They want to close the case.
(b) They are afraid of her.
(c) They don't understand her power.
(d) They can't anger Baz.
14. What does the man from the party say to anger Spider?
(a) He saw his grandmother.
(b) He will beat Spider.
(c) Spider is a coward.
(d) He has been with Jem.
15. What weapon does the man from the party use to threaten Jem?
(a) A rope.
(b) A club.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Jem she can't stay at the church?
2. How does Jem come across money in the woods?
3. How does Britney cover for Jem when she leaves the house?
4. How does Karen tell Jem she can end the publicity?
5. What does Britney feed Jem?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)