|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
(a) For not explaining the gift.
(b) For not loving her enough.
(c) For being with bad men.
(d) For dying.
2. What is Simon's occupation?
3. What does Jem put supplies from Britney's house in?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A tote bag.
(d) A brief case.
4. When does Spider say his life with Jem will begin?
(a) After his death.
(b) After their jail time.
(c) After the trial.
(d) After the interview is over.
5. What does Jem say about the people they pass on the High Street?
(a) They will all die soon.
(b) They are looking for her.
(c) They are oblivious to what is happening.
(d) They could be informers.
6. Who is the father of Jem's son?
(d) She doesn't know.
7. What does the older man who works with Simon demand Jem be searched for?
(b) All of these.
8. What makes Jem think Spider died while at Britney's house?
(a) She sees some strange numbers.
(b) She hears Britney talking to her father.
(c) She has a bad dream.
(d) She reads an article.
9. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
(a) They can't anger Baz.
(b) They are afraid of her.
(c) They want to close the case.
(d) They don't understand her power.
10. How does Vic want to help Jem?
(a) Represent her in court.
(b) Rid her of her gift.
(c) Make her famous.
(d) Scientifically prove her gift.
11. How does Karen look when she gets to the church?
12. Where does Jem stop to eat after finding money in the woods?
(a) In an alley.
(b) Near a church.
(c) By a school.
(d) At a park.
13. How does Jem learn about what her son knows about her?
(a) All of these.
(b) His teacher tells her.
(c) He tells her.
(d) She sees a picture.
14. Why does Jem talk to Britney until so late in the night?
(a) She is worried about Spider.
(b) She can't sleep.
(c) She misses her mother.
(d) She is afraid to sleep.
15. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
(a) When Spider dies.
(b) At the beach.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) When she gives birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jem incapable of after Spider's death?
2. What does Britney ask Jem?
3. What does Jem leave out while talking to the police?
4. What kind of animal does Britney own?
5. Who counsels the people trying to speak to Jem?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)