|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jem feel about the person counseling the people wanting to speak to Jem?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is impressed.
(c) She is oblivious.
(d) She is confused.
2. Who brings Spider to the church?
(a) A priest.
(c) A judge.
(d) A police man.
3. Where does Jem meet Simon?
(a) The park.
(b) The woods.
(c) The church.
(d) A school.
4. Who tells Jem she can't stay at the church?
(a) The rector.
(c) The Police chief.
5. What does Karen say when she hears about Jem's power?
(a) She should never tell anyone that.
(b) There are lots of explanations.
(c) She knows someone else like that.
(d) Jem is very lucky.
6. What weapon does the man from the party use to threaten Jem?
(a) A gun.
(b) A rope.
(c) A club.
(d) A knife.
7. What does the man from the party say to anger Spider?
(a) He has been with Jem.
(b) He will beat Spider.
(c) Spider is a coward.
(d) He saw his grandmother.
8. What does Jem do when Spider arrives at the church?
(a) Gives a speech.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Jumps into his arms.
(d) Breaks down in tears.
9. Where does Jem head after leaving Britney's house?
(c) The woods.
10. What does Anne say Jem's gift could remind people to do?
(a) Turn to God.
(b) Live their life to the fullest.
(c) Avoid danger.
(d) Respect others with gifts.
11. Where do Jem hide after the confrontation with the man from the party?
(a) A park.
(b) A stolen car.
(c) A ditch.
(d) An empty building.
12. What does Spider leave to find while Jem is hiding after the confrontation with the man from the party?
(a) Some money.
(b) A phone.
(d) A car.
13. What does Jem name her son?
14. Why does Jem talk to Britney until so late in the night?
(a) She misses her mother.
(b) She is worried about Spider.
(c) She can't sleep.
(d) She is afraid to sleep.
15. Why does Jem no longer hang out in the places other kids go?
(a) She has a child.
(b) She is not allowed to.
(c) She has a full time job.
(d) She is too sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem think might save Spider?
2. What do the police do when they come in the church the first time?
3. How long does the rector's wife have to live?
4. What does Britney ask Jem?
5. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)