|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the police take Jem away from the church?
(a) She is armed.
(b) She is too sick to move.
(c) She is underage.
(d) She has claimed sanctuary.
2. Which of these people go with Jem to the beach?
3. What does Jem's son know about Jem?
(a) When she will die.
(b) How old she is.
(c) When she will get married.
(d) What she is thinking.
4. How many days does the man from the party have before his death?
5. How does Jem learn about what her son knows about her?
(a) She sees a picture.
(b) All of these.
(c) He tells her.
(d) His teacher tells her.
6. Why was Jem's son able to see Karen die?
(a) Jem didn't know he was awake.
(b) Jem wanted him to understand.
(c) Jem was more worried about Karen.
(d) Jem couldn't get him to turn away.
7. What keeps Jem from killing herself?
(a) Talking to Spider.
(b) The cry of a child.
(c) Karen's pleading.
(d) Seeing her mother's face.
8. Who brings Spider to the church?
(a) A judge.
(c) A police man.
(d) A priest.
9. Why does Jem talk to Britney until so late in the night?
(a) She is afraid to sleep.
(b) She is worried about Spider.
(c) She can't sleep.
(d) She misses her mother.
10. What time do the police leave after talking to Jem?
(a) Early morning.
11. What makes Jem think Spider died while at Britney's house?
(a) She reads an article.
(b) She hears Britney talking to her father.
(c) She sees some strange numbers.
(d) She has a bad dream.
12. Who sent the man from the party to find Spider?
13. What does Jem say about the people they pass on the High Street?
(a) They are oblivious to what is happening.
(b) They could be informers.
(c) They will all die soon.
(d) They are looking for her.
14. Who goes to the beach with Jem?
(c) All of these.
15. What do the police do when they come in the church the first time?
(a) Give Jem some medicine.
(b) Question Jem.
(c) Photograph Jem.
(d) Tell Jem her options.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jem get away from the police after spending the money she gets in the woods?
2. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
3. What does Britney feed Jem?
4. Where does Jem head when she learns Spider has been captured?
5. Who stops a man who will soon die from confronting Jem in the church?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)