|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
(a) She knows her date of death.
(b) She is a terrorist.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is a refugee.
2. What does Jem leave out while talking to the police?
(a) Her personal relationship with Spider.
(b) Her power.
(c) Her previous meeting with Baz.
(d) Her mother's death.
3. How does Jem feel about the person counseling the people wanting to speak to Jem?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She is oblivious.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is confused.
4. How long does the rector's wife have to live?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 1 month.
5. What does Karen say when she hears about Jem's power?
(a) She should never tell anyone that.
(b) There are lots of explanations.
(c) She knows someone else like that.
(d) Jem is very lucky.
6. What is the name of the rector's wife?
7. What does Jem say about the people they pass on the High Street?
(a) They are looking for her.
(b) They could be informers.
(c) They are oblivious to what is happening.
(d) They will all die soon.
8. What is Simon's occupation?
9. What does Jem put supplies from Britney's house in?
(a) A backpack.
(b) A tote bag.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A brief case.
10. How many days does the man from the party have before his death?
11. Why can't the police take Jem away from the church?
(a) She is too sick to move.
(b) She is armed.
(c) She has claimed sanctuary.
(d) She is underage.
12. How does Jem learn where the spare set of church keys are?
(a) She finds them.
(b) She sees where the rector puts them.
(c) Th rector's wife tells her.
(d) She hears Simon tell Karen.
13. What was Jem dreading about having a child?
(a) Seeing its death date.
(b) Seeing Spider's face.
(c) Losing her freedom.
(d) Being judged.
14. What does the rector say Jem is overreacting about?
(a) Her gifts.
(b) The claim of sanctuary.
(c) Her demands of the police.
(d) How the police will respond.
15. What makes Jem think Spider died while at Britney's house?
(a) She hears Britney talking to her father.
(b) She reads an article.
(c) She has a bad dream.
(d) She sees some strange numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spider go back to the man from the party after saving Jem?
2. Where does Jem stop to eat after finding money in the woods?
3. Which of these people go with Jem to the beach?
4. Why can't Jem stay at the church?
5. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)