|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who counsels the people trying to speak to Jem?
2. What does the man from the party say to anger Spider?
(a) He will beat Spider.
(b) He saw his grandmother.
(c) Spider is a coward.
(d) He has been with Jem.
3. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
(a) A first aid kit.
(d) A phone.
4. How does Vic want to help Jem?
(a) Rid her of her gift.
(b) Scientifically prove her gift.
(c) Represent her in court.
(d) Make her famous.
5. How does Jem make sure the police will keep their promise to her?
(a) She has the priest witness it.
(b) She gets it in writing.
(c) She steals a gun.
(d) She has it video taped.
6. Who is the father of Jem's son?
(a) She doesn't know.
7. Where does Jem consider jumping from in the church?
(a) The steeple.
(b) The window.
(c) The altar.
(d) The bell tower.
8. What does Jem do when Spider arrives at the church?
(a) Breaks down in tears.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Jumps into his arms.
(d) Gives a speech.
9. Why does Spider go back to the man from the party after saving Jem?
(a) He wants to know how he got there.
(b) He wants to stand up for himself.
(c) He is mad at him.
(d) He needs some money back.
10. How does Jem recognize the man from the party?
(a) His tattoos.
(b) His voice.
(c) His number.
(d) His shoes.
11. What makes Jem remember the danger she is in?
(a) The newspaper story.
(b) Feeling sick.
(c) The increased amount of numbers.
(d) Talking to Rita.
12. What does Jem's son know about Jem?
(a) When she will die.
(b) What she is thinking.
(c) How old she is.
(d) When she will get married.
13. Why is Jem not worried about what her son struggles with?
(a) He is gifted in other areas.
(b) She had the same problems.
(c) She doesn't have time.
(d) He is strong like his father.
14. Where does Jem head when she learns Spider has been captured?
15. What does Britney ask Jem?
(a) If she is pregnant.
(b) If she can teach her craft.
(c) If she is a terrorist.
(d) If she knows her own death date.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the rector's wife have to live?
2. How does Jem learn about what her son knows about her?
3. Where does Jem meet Simon?
4. What demand does Jem make before talking to the police?
5. What do the police do when they come in the church the first time?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)