|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Jem wake up at Britney's house?
(a) 7:00 am.
(b) 6:30 am.
(c) 6:00 am.
(d) 5:30 am.
2. What time do the police leave after talking to Jem?
(b) Early morning.
3. How does Karen look when she gets to the church?
4. What does Jem leave out while talking to the police?
(a) Her previous meeting with Baz.
(b) Her power.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her personal relationship with Spider.
5. Why doesn't Britney's brother live with her?
(a) He is in prison.
(b) He died.
(c) Her parents are divorced.
(d) He is at college.
6. What makes the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
(a) She knows her date of death.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is a terrorist.
(d) She is a refugee.
7. Who is the father of Jem's son?
(b) She doesn't know.
8. What does Jem put supplies from Britney's house in?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A brief case.
(d) A tote bag.
9. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) When Spider dies.
(c) When she gives birth.
(d) At the beach.
10. Why can't the police take Jem away from the church?
(a) She has claimed sanctuary.
(b) She is too sick to move.
(c) She is underage.
(d) She is armed.
11. How does Jem get away from the police after spending the money she gets in the woods?
(a) She hides in a parking lot.
(b) She goes into a church.
(c) She dives into a ditch.
(d) She runs to a school.
12. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
(a) For not explaining the gift.
(b) For not loving her enough.
(c) For being with bad men.
(d) For dying.
13. How does Jem learn where the spare set of church keys are?
(a) She finds them.
(b) She hears Simon tell Karen.
(c) She sees where the rector puts them.
(d) Th rector's wife tells her.
14. How does Jem recognize the man from the party?
(a) His number.
(b) His tattoos.
(c) His voice.
(d) His shoes.
15. What does the older man who works with Simon demand Jem be searched for?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jem no longer hang out in the places other kids go?
2. Where does Jem head when she learns Spider has been captured?
3. What medical trial does Karen have?
4. Who tells Jem she can't stay at the church?
5. What do the police do when they come in the church the first time?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)