|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Jem she can't stay at the church?
(b) The Police chief.
(d) The rector.
2. Who counsels the people trying to speak to Jem?
3. What does Britney feed Jem?
(b) All of these.
(c) Corn dogs.
4. What eats a good portion of Jem's food from Britney's house?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A dog.
(c) A coyote.
(d) An orphan.
5. What is Simon's occupation?
6. How does Jem recognize the man from the party?
(a) His number.
(b) His tattoos.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His voice.
7. Why is Jem not worried about what her son struggles with?
(a) She had the same problems.
(b) He is strong like his father.
(c) She doesn't have time.
(d) He is gifted in other areas.
8. What do the police do when they come in the church the first time?
(a) Tell Jem her options.
(b) Question Jem.
(c) Photograph Jem.
(d) Give Jem some medicine.
9. How does Jem learn Spider has been captured?
(a) It is in a newspaper.
(b) The numbers tell her.
(c) She sees him get caught.
(d) She hears the cops talking about it.
10. Why does Jem refuse Vic's help?
(a) She knows his aura is bad.
(b) She knows he will soon die.
(c) She knows he wants to make money off her.
(d) She has seen him on TV before.
11. Why was Jem's son able to see Karen die?
(a) Jem couldn't get him to turn away.
(b) Jem wanted him to understand.
(c) Jem didn't know he was awake.
(d) Jem was more worried about Karen.
12. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
(a) They don't understand her power.
(b) They want to close the case.
(c) They can't anger Baz.
(d) They are afraid of her.
13. Where does Jem stop to eat after finding money in the woods?
(a) Near a church.
(b) By a school.
(c) In an alley.
(d) At a park.
14. What does Jem say about the people they pass on the High Street?
(a) They will all die soon.
(b) They are oblivious to what is happening.
(c) They are looking for her.
(d) They could be informers.
15. How does Jem learn where the spare set of church keys are?
(a) She finds them.
(b) She hears Simon tell Karen.
(c) She sees where the rector puts them.
(d) Th rector's wife tells her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical trial does Karen have?
2. What was Jem incapable of after Spider's death?
3. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
4. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
5. What does the older man who works with Simon want Jem to do?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)