|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Britney cover for Jem when she leaves the house?
(a) She says she is going for a walk.
(b) She says she needs to visit a friend.
(c) She says she is late for work.
(d) She says she has an appointment.
2. How does Jem learn Spider has been captured?
(a) She sees him get caught.
(b) She hears the cops talking about it.
(c) It is in a newspaper.
(d) The numbers tell her.
3. How does Jem come across money in the woods?
(a) She finds some money stuffed in the pants Britney gave her.
(b) She uncovers a box of cash buried.
(c) She finds a lost purse.
(d) A woman pays her for the food her dog ate.
4. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
(b) A first aid kit.
(c) A phone.
5. Who brings Spider to the church?
(a) A police man.
(c) A judge.
(d) A priest.
6. What is Vic's last name?
7. What does the rector say Jem is overreacting about?
(a) The claim of sanctuary.
(b) Her demands of the police.
(c) Her gifts.
(d) How the police will respond.
8. Why does Spider go back to the man from the party after saving Jem?
(a) He wants to know how he got there.
(b) He wants to stand up for himself.
(c) He is mad at him.
(d) He needs some money back.
9. Why does Jem not believe that she and Spider will have a life together?
(a) She is afraid of making promises.
(b) She knows he will find someone new.
(c) She knows he will die that day.
(d) She refuses to go to prison.
10. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
(a) When Spider dies.
(b) At the beach.
(c) When she gives birth.
(d) In the hospital.
11. How does Karen look when she gets to the church?
12. What does Karen say when she hears about Jem's power?
(a) There are lots of explanations.
(b) She should never tell anyone that.
(c) Jem is very lucky.
(d) She knows someone else like that.
13. What does Spider leave to find while Jem is hiding after the confrontation with the man from the party?
(a) Some money.
(c) A phone.
(d) A car.
14. Who is the father of Jem's son?
(b) She doesn't know.
15. How does Karen tell Jem she can end the publicity?
(a) Turn herself in.
(b) Tell people she is a phony.
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spider get to the beach?
2. What does Jem's son's teacher say her son puts on all his pictures?
3. What medical trial does Karen have?
4. What does the man from the party say to anger Spider?
5. Who stops a man who will soon die from confronting Jem in the church?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)