|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spider save Jem from the man at the party?
(a) He surrenders himself.
(b) He throws the money.
(c) He makes a distraction.
(d) He calls for help.
2. What does Jem leave out while talking to the police?
(a) Her power.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her personal relationship with Spider.
(d) Her previous meeting with Baz.
3. What do the police do when they come in the church the first time?
(a) Question Jem.
(b) Tell Jem her options.
(c) Give Jem some medicine.
(d) Photograph Jem.
4. What kind of animal does Britney own?
5. Why can't Jem stay at the church?
(a) She has not repented.
(b) She can't stay alone.
(c) She is a criminal.
(d) She has not been baptized.
6. How does Karen look when she gets to the church?
7. What does the older man who works with Simon demand Jem be searched for?
(a) All of these.
8. What does the older man who works with Simon want Jem to do?
(a) Turn herself in.
(b) Call her parents.
(c) Hide away.
(d) Run away at night.
9. How does Spider die?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He falls from the roof.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He has an allergic reaction.
10. What does Jem put supplies from Britney's house in?
(a) A brief case.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A tote bag.
11. What does Jem name her son?
12. How does Karen die?
(a) She chokes.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) She has a stroke.
(d) She overdoses on drugs.
13. Why does Spider go back to the man from the party after saving Jem?
(a) He is mad at him.
(b) He wants to stand up for himself.
(c) He wants to know how he got there.
(d) He needs some money back.
14. Why does Jem say she hates her mother?
(a) For dying.
(b) For not explaining the gift.
(c) For not loving her enough.
(d) For being with bad men.
15. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) At the beach.
(c) When Spider dies.
(d) When she gives birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen plead with Jem to help her with?
2. What does Spider leave to find while Jem is hiding after the confrontation with the man from the party?
3. When does Spider say his life with Jem will begin?
4. How does Karen tell Jem she can end the publicity?
5. What makes the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)