|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jem learn Spider has been captured?
(a) She hears the cops talking about it.
(b) It is in a newspaper.
(c) She sees him get caught.
(d) The numbers tell her.
2. Why is Jem not worried about what her son struggles with?
(a) He is strong like his father.
(b) She doesn't have time.
(c) She had the same problems.
(d) He is gifted in other areas.
3. How does Karen die?
(a) She chokes.
(b) She has a stroke.
(c) She kills herself.
(d) She overdoses on drugs.
4. Where is there a spare set of keys in the church?
(a) The altar.
(b) Under the rug.
(c) Near the fire extinguisher.
(d) A desk.
5. How does Jem learn about what her son knows about her?
(a) All of these.
(b) He tells her.
(c) She sees a picture.
(d) His teacher tells her.
6. When does Spider say his life with Jem will begin?
(a) After the interview is over.
(b) After his death.
(c) After the trial.
(d) After their jail time.
7. What made Jem forget about her danger for a few days?
(a) Talking to Rita.
(b) Being with Spider.
(c) Being away from a TV.
(d) Seeing less numbers than usual.
8. Who stops a man who will soon die from confronting Jem in the church?
(c) The Rector.
9. What does Anne say Jem's gift could remind people to do?
(a) Live their life to the fullest.
(b) Turn to God.
(c) Avoid danger.
(d) Respect others with gifts.
10. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
(a) They don't understand her power.
(b) They can't anger Baz.
(c) They are afraid of her.
(d) They want to close the case.
11. What does Jem's son struggle with?
(d) His health.
12. What does Jem name her son?
13. How does Spider save Jem from the man at the party?
(a) He makes a distraction.
(b) He surrenders himself.
(c) He calls for help.
(d) He throws the money.
14. What does the rector's wife bring for Jem?
15. Who sent the man from the party to find Spider?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
2. Why does Spider go back to the man from the party after saving Jem?
3. How does Spider die?
4. How long does the rector's wife have to live?
5. Where do Jem hide after the confrontation with the man from the party?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)