|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Simon's occupation?
2. Why can't the police take Jem away from the church?
(a) She is too sick to move.
(b) She is underage.
(c) She is armed.
(d) She has claimed sanctuary.
3. How many days does the man from the party have before his death?
4. Where is there a spare set of keys in the church?
(a) A desk.
(b) Under the rug.
(c) Near the fire extinguisher.
(d) The altar.
5. How does Karen look when she gets to the church?
6. What keeps Jem from killing herself?
(a) The cry of a child.
(b) Seeing her mother's face.
(c) Talking to Spider.
(d) Karen's pleading.
7. Why does Jem talk to Britney until so late in the night?
(a) She is afraid to sleep.
(b) She misses her mother.
(c) She can't sleep.
(d) She is worried about Spider.
8. What medical trial does Karen have?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A blood clot.
(d) A heart attack.
9. What does Jem's son know about Jem?
(a) When she will die.
(b) How old she is.
(c) What she is thinking.
(d) When she will get married.
10. What does the older man who works with Simon demand Jem be searched for?
(d) All of these.
11. Where does Jem meet Simon?
(a) A school.
(b) The park.
(c) The woods.
(d) The church.
12. Who counsels the people trying to speak to Jem?
13. Where does Jem consider jumping from in the church?
(a) The altar.
(b) The window.
(c) The steeple.
(d) The bell tower.
14. What does Karen say when she hears about Jem's power?
(a) Jem is very lucky.
(b) She should never tell anyone that.
(c) She knows someone else like that.
(d) There are lots of explanations.
15. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
(a) They can't anger Baz.
(b) They don't understand her power.
(c) They want to close the case.
(d) They are afraid of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jem feel about the person counseling the people wanting to speak to Jem?
2. How does Jem learn about what her son knows about her?
3. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
4. What does Anne say Jem's gift could remind people to do?
5. Who tells Jem she can't stay at the church?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)