|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Karen look when she gets to the church?
2. Where do Jem hide after the confrontation with the man from the party?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A stolen car.
(c) A park.
(d) An empty building.
3. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
(a) When she gives birth.
(b) At the beach.
(c) When Spider dies.
(d) In the hospital.
4. Why does Jem refuse Vic's help?
(a) She knows he wants to make money off her.
(b) She knows his aura is bad.
(c) She knows he will soon die.
(d) She has seen him on TV before.
5. What kind of animal does Britney own?
6. How many days does the man from the party have before his death?
7. What does Jem put supplies from Britney's house in?
(a) A tote bag.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A brief case.
(d) A backpack.
8. What eats a good portion of Jem's food from Britney's house?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) An orphan.
(d) A dog.
9. Why does Spider go back to the man from the party after saving Jem?
(a) He needs some money back.
(b) He is mad at him.
(c) He wants to know how he got there.
(d) He wants to stand up for himself.
10. How does Spider save Jem from the man at the party?
(a) He makes a distraction.
(b) He surrenders himself.
(c) He throws the money.
(d) He calls for help.
11. What does Jem do when Spider arrives at the church?
(a) Breaks down in tears.
(b) Jumps into his arms.
(c) Gives a speech.
(d) Slaps him.
12. Why can't Jem stay at the church?
(a) She is a criminal.
(b) She has not been baptized.
(c) She can't stay alone.
(d) She has not repented.
13. What does the ill woman ask Jem to do for her?
(a) Explain how to use her gift.
(b) Read her aura.
(c) Heal her.
(d) Tell her the date of her death.
14. What does the older man who works with Simon demand Jem be searched for?
(d) All of these.
15. How does Britney cover for Jem when she leaves the house?
(a) She says she has an appointment.
(b) She says she needs to visit a friend.
(c) She says she is late for work.
(d) She says she is going for a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jem not believe that she and Spider will have a life together?
2. What keeps Jem from killing herself?
3. What was Jem incapable of after Spider's death?
4. How does Karen tell Jem she can end the publicity?
5. Who sent the man from the party to find Spider?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)