|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the father of Jem's son?
(a) She doesn't know.
2. What was Jem dreading about having a child?
(a) Being judged.
(b) Seeing Spider's face.
(c) Seeing its death date.
(d) Losing her freedom.
3. How does Jem learn where the spare set of church keys are?
(a) She finds them.
(b) She sees where the rector puts them.
(c) Th rector's wife tells her.
(d) She hears Simon tell Karen.
4. When does Spider say his life with Jem will begin?
(a) After the interview is over.
(b) After his death.
(c) After their jail time.
(d) After the trial.
5. Where does Jem meet Simon?
(a) The park.
(b) A school.
(c) The woods.
(d) The church.
6. How does Karen tell Jem she can end the publicity?
(a) Turn herself in.
(b) Run away.
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) Tell people she is a phony.
7. What does the man from the party say to anger Spider?
(a) He has been with Jem.
(b) He will beat Spider.
(c) Spider is a coward.
(d) He saw his grandmother.
8. Why does Jem refuse Vic's help?
(a) She knows he will soon die.
(b) She has seen him on TV before.
(c) She knows his aura is bad.
(d) She knows he wants to make money off her.
9. What is Simon's occupation?
10. What is the name of the rector's wife?
11. What does Spider leave to find while Jem is hiding after the confrontation with the man from the party?
(a) A car.
(b) Some money.
(c) A phone.
12. What does Karen plead with Jem to help her with?
13. Where does Jem worry she will be taken if her secret gets out?
(a) A foster home.
(b) The hospital.
(d) An asylum.
14. What makes the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is a refugee.
(c) She knows her date of death.
(d) She is a terrorist.
15. How long does the rector's wife have to live?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem's son struggle with?
2. What does Jem say about the people they pass on the High Street?
3. Where is there a spare set of keys in the church?
4. What does the rector's wife bring for Jem?
5. Why was Jem's son able to see Karen die?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)