|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spider get to the beach?
(a) Jem has a vision of him.
(b) Jem takes his ashes.
(c) Jem meditates about him while there.
(d) Jem has him buried there.
2. Where does Jem meet Simon?
(a) A school.
(b) The woods.
(c) The church.
(d) The park.
3. How does Britney cover for Jem when she leaves the house?
(a) She says she needs to visit a friend.
(b) She says she is going for a walk.
(c) She says she has an appointment.
(d) She says she is late for work.
4. What does Spider leave to find while Jem is hiding after the confrontation with the man from the party?
(a) Some money.
(b) A phone.
(d) A car.
5. What does the older man who works with Simon want Jem to do?
(a) Call her parents.
(b) Hide away.
(c) Turn herself in.
(d) Run away at night.
6. What does the man from the party say to anger Spider?
(a) He saw his grandmother.
(b) He has been with Jem.
(c) He will beat Spider.
(d) Spider is a coward.
7. What made Jem forget about her danger for a few days?
(a) Seeing less numbers than usual.
(b) Being away from a TV.
(c) Talking to Rita.
(d) Being with Spider.
8. What kind of animal does Britney own?
9. What does Karen say when she hears about Jem's power?
(a) Jem is very lucky.
(b) She should never tell anyone that.
(c) There are lots of explanations.
(d) She knows someone else like that.
10. Who sent the man from the party to find Spider?
11. What medical trial does Karen have?
(a) A blood clot.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A seizure.
(d) A heart attack.
12. What makes Jem remember the danger she is in?
(a) Feeling sick.
(b) Talking to Rita.
(c) The increased amount of numbers.
(d) The newspaper story.
13. Where does Jem consider jumping from in the church?
(a) The altar.
(b) The steeple.
(c) The window.
(d) The bell tower.
14. Who in the church does Jem tell her secret to?
(b) The janitor.
(d) The rector.
15. What does Jem put supplies from Britney's house in?
(a) A tote bag.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A brief case.
(d) A blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Jem stay at the church?
2. How does Vic want to help Jem?
3. What makes Jem think Spider died while at Britney's house?
4. How many days does the man from the party have before his death?
5. What time do the police leave after talking to Jem?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)