|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the rector's wife?
2. What was Jem incapable of after Spider's death?
(d) Interacting with others.
3. Why was Jem's son able to see Karen die?
(a) Jem didn't know he was awake.
(b) Jem couldn't get him to turn away.
(c) Jem wanted him to understand.
(d) Jem was more worried about Karen.
4. What does Britney feed Jem?
(c) Corn dogs.
(d) All of these.
5. Where does Jem head when she learns Spider has been captured?
6. How does Karen die?
(a) She chokes.
(b) She has a stroke.
(c) She overdoses on drugs.
(d) She kills herself.
7. Why can't Jem stay at the church?
(a) She has not been baptized.
(b) She can't stay alone.
(c) She is a criminal.
(d) She has not repented.
8. How does Jem learn where the spare set of church keys are?
(a) She sees where the rector puts them.
(b) She finds them.
(c) Th rector's wife tells her.
(d) She hears Simon tell Karen.
9. What is Jem sure to buy when she gets more supplies?
(a) A phone.
(b) A first aid kit.
10. How does Jem recognize the man from the party?
(a) His tattoos.
(b) His voice.
(c) His number.
(d) His shoes.
11. What eats a good portion of Jem's food from Britney's house?
(a) A dog.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A coyote.
(d) An orphan.
12. What does the older man who works with Simon demand Jem be searched for?
(a) All of these.
13. Why does Jem no longer hang out in the places other kids go?
(a) She is not allowed to.
(b) She is too sad.
(c) She has a full time job.
(d) She has a child.
14. What does Jem's son struggle with?
(d) His health.
15. What makes the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is a terrorist.
(c) She knows her date of death.
(d) She is a refugee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does the man from the party use to threaten Jem?
2. What keeps Jem from killing herself?
3. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
4. Who tells Jem she can't stay at the church?
5. Who goes to the beach with Jem?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)