|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the police take Jem away from the church?
(a) She has claimed sanctuary.
(b) She is too sick to move.
(c) She is underage.
(d) She is armed.
2. What does Anne say Jem's gift could remind people to do?
(a) Avoid danger.
(b) Respect others with gifts.
(c) Live their life to the fullest.
(d) Turn to God.
3. What makes Jem think Spider died while at Britney's house?
(a) She has a bad dream.
(b) She reads an article.
(c) She sees some strange numbers.
(d) She hears Britney talking to her father.
4. What keeps Jem from killing herself?
(a) Talking to Spider.
(b) Seeing her mother's face.
(c) The cry of a child.
(d) Karen's pleading.
5. What kind of animal does Britney own?
6. What time does Jem wake up at Britney's house?
(a) 7:00 am.
(b) 5:30 am.
(c) 6:30 am.
(d) 6:00 am.
7. How does Spider save Jem from the man at the party?
(a) He makes a distraction.
(b) He surrenders himself.
(c) He throws the money.
(d) He calls for help.
8. Who is the father of Jem's son?
(a) She doesn't know.
9. What does Jem's son struggle with?
(d) His health.
10. What weapon does the man from the party use to threaten Jem?
(a) A gun.
(b) A rope.
(c) A knife.
(d) A club.
11. How does Karen tell Jem she can end the publicity?
(a) Run away.
(b) Tell people she is a phony.
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) Turn herself in.
12. How does Karen look when she gets to the church?
13. How does Britney cover for Jem when she leaves the house?
(a) She says she is late for work.
(b) She says she is going for a walk.
(c) She says she needs to visit a friend.
(d) She says she has an appointment.
14. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
(a) They don't understand her power.
(b) They want to close the case.
(c) They are afraid of her.
(d) They can't anger Baz.
15. What eats a good portion of Jem's food from Britney's house?
(a) A dog.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A coyote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jem head after leaving Britney's house?
2. Why was Jem's son able to see Karen die?
3. Where is there a spare set of keys in the church?
4. What does the older man who works with Simon demand Jem be searched for?
5. How many days does the man from the party have before his death?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)