|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Britney ask Jem?
(a) If she is pregnant.
(b) If she is a terrorist.
(c) If she can teach her craft.
(d) If she knows her own death date.
2. What time do the police leave after talking to Jem?
(b) Early morning.
3. How many days does the man from the party have before his death?
4. What does Jem's son's teacher say her son puts on all his pictures?
(d) Strange eyes.
5. What does Jem leave out while talking to the police?
(a) Her personal relationship with Spider.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her power.
(d) Her previous meeting with Baz.
6. How does Karen die?
(a) She kills herself.
(b) She overdoses on drugs.
(c) She chokes.
(d) She has a stroke.
7. How does Jem come across money in the woods?
(a) She uncovers a box of cash buried.
(b) A woman pays her for the food her dog ate.
(c) She finds some money stuffed in the pants Britney gave her.
(d) She finds a lost purse.
8. Why does Jem think the police will frame her for the bombing?
(a) They want to close the case.
(b) They can't anger Baz.
(c) They are afraid of her.
(d) They don't understand her power.
9. What weapon does the man from the party use to threaten Jem?
(a) A club.
(b) A knife.
(c) A rope.
(d) A gun.
10. What does Jem think might save Spider?
(a) A change of events.
(b) A turn to God.
(c) Some medication.
(d) Her death.
11. Who sent the man from the party to find Spider?
12. What does the man from the party say to anger Spider?
(a) Spider is a coward.
(b) He saw his grandmother.
(c) He will beat Spider.
(d) He has been with Jem.
13. Where does Jem worry she will be taken if her secret gets out?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A foster home.
(c) An asylum.
14. Who tells Jem she can't stay at the church?
(b) The rector.
(c) The Police chief.
15. Why does Jem not believe that she and Spider will have a life together?
(a) She is afraid of making promises.
(b) She knows he will find someone new.
(c) She knows he will die that day.
(d) She refuses to go to prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rector say Jem is overreacting about?
2. Why doesn't Britney's brother live with her?
3. What does Jem say about the people they pass on the High Street?
4. How does Jem get away from the police after spending the money she gets in the woods?
5. What does Jem do when Spider arrives at the church?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)