|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eats a good portion of Jem's food from Britney's house?
(a) A coyote.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A dog.
2. How does Spider save Jem from the man at the party?
(a) He calls for help.
(b) He throws the money.
(c) He surrenders himself.
(d) He makes a distraction.
3. How does Spider get to the beach?
(a) Jem has a vision of him.
(b) Jem meditates about him while there.
(c) Jem takes his ashes.
(d) Jem has him buried there.
4. How does Jem recognize the man from the party?
(a) His tattoos.
(b) His number.
(c) His voice.
(d) His shoes.
5. Who stops a man who will soon die from confronting Jem in the church?
(a) The Rector.
6. What makes the rector's wife afraid of Jem?
(a) She is a terrorist.
(b) She is a refugee.
(c) She knows her date of death.
(d) She is pregnant.
7. Why does Jem talk to Britney until so late in the night?
(a) She is worried about Spider.
(b) She can't sleep.
(c) She misses her mother.
(d) She is afraid to sleep.
8. What do the police do when they come in the church the first time?
(a) Tell Jem her options.
(b) Give Jem some medicine.
(c) Question Jem.
(d) Photograph Jem.
9. Why doesn't Britney's brother live with her?
(a) He is at college.
(b) Her parents are divorced.
(c) He died.
(d) He is in prison.
10. Why can't the police take Jem away from the church?
(a) She is underage.
(b) She is too sick to move.
(c) She has claimed sanctuary.
(d) She is armed.
11. What does Karen say when she hears about Jem's power?
(a) There are lots of explanations.
(b) She should never tell anyone that.
(c) Jem is very lucky.
(d) She knows someone else like that.
12. What does Jem do when Spider arrives at the church?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Gives a speech.
(c) Jumps into his arms.
(d) Breaks down in tears.
13. Why does Jem no longer hang out in the places other kids go?
(a) She has a full time job.
(b) She is too sad.
(c) She has a child.
(d) She is not allowed to.
14. What does Jem's son's teacher say her son puts on all his pictures?
(d) Strange eyes.
15. What does Jem's son struggle with?
(d) His health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jem head after leaving Britney's house?
2. What is Simon's occupation?
3. What made Jem forget about her danger for a few days?
4. Where do Jem hide after the confrontation with the man from the party?
5. What does Jem think might save Spider?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)