|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jem make sure the police will keep their promise to her?
(a) She has it video taped.
(b) She steals a gun.
(c) She has the priest witness it.
(d) She gets it in writing.
2. Why can't Jem stay at the church?
(a) She can't stay alone.
(b) She has not been baptized.
(c) She is a criminal.
(d) She has not repented.
3. What does the ill woman ask Jem to do for her?
(a) Tell her the date of her death.
(b) Heal her.
(c) Explain how to use her gift.
(d) Read her aura.
4. How does Jem come across money in the woods?
(a) She uncovers a box of cash buried.
(b) She finds some money stuffed in the pants Britney gave her.
(c) A woman pays her for the food her dog ate.
(d) She finds a lost purse.
5. What does Jem think might save Spider?
(a) A turn to God.
(b) Her death.
(c) A change of events.
(d) Some medication.
6. Why does Jem no longer hang out in the places other kids go?
(a) She has a full time job.
(b) She is too sad.
(c) She is not allowed to.
(d) She has a child.
7. What weapon does the man from the party use to threaten Jem?
(a) A rope.
(b) A club.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
8. When does Jem stop seeing the numbers?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) When she gives birth.
(c) When Spider dies.
(d) At the beach.
9. Why does Jem talk to Britney until so late in the night?
(a) She can't sleep.
(b) She is afraid to sleep.
(c) She is worried about Spider.
(d) She misses her mother.
10. What demand does Jem make before talking to the police?
(a) They must release Spider.
(b) They must meet her in the church.
(c) They must believe her.
(d) They must come unarmed.
11. How does Britney cover for Jem when she leaves the house?
(a) She says she is late for work.
(b) She says she has an appointment.
(c) She says she needs to visit a friend.
(d) She says she is going for a walk.
12. Where does Jem stop to eat after finding money in the woods?
(a) Near a church.
(b) At a park.
(c) In an alley.
(d) By a school.
13. What is Vic's last name?
14. How does Jem recognize the man from the party?
(a) His number.
(b) His tattoos.
(c) His voice.
(d) His shoes.
15. How does Jem get away from the police after spending the money she gets in the woods?
(a) She dives into a ditch.
(b) She runs to a school.
(c) She hides in a parking lot.
(d) She goes into a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the church does Jem tell her secret to?
2. What does Jem do when Spider arrives at the church?
3. What does Britney ask Jem?
4. Why is Jem not worried about what her son struggles with?
5. What does the man from the party say to anger Spider?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)