|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vehicle scares Jem and Spider in the night?
2. What does Spider say he wants to do with his life while hiking?
(a) Teach students.
(b) Be a farmer.
(c) Build houses.
(d) Make movies.
3. What does Spider call Jem when he learns of her power?
(a) A magician.
(b) A psychic.
(c) A witch.
(d) An enchantress.
4. Who invites Jem to a party?
5. What does Jem say she will never use her powers for Spider for?
(a) Intervening with fate.
(b) Helping him harm others.
(c) Saving loved ones.
(d) Telling him his death date.
6. What personal problem does Jem say keeps her from getting romantic with Spider?
(a) All of these.
(b) He has a few weeks to live.
(c) He has a cleanliness problem.
(d) He has anger management issues.
7. What does the man with the near death date ask Jem for?
(b) A hug.
(c) Some change.
(d) A phone.
8. What does Spider get upset with Jem for not bringing on their trip?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A map.
(c) Water bottles.
(d) A blanket.
9. Who goes with Jem when she follows the man with the near death date?
10. How does Jem say most people view Spider?
11. Who does Spider say is similar to Jem after learning of her power?
(d) His mother.
12. How does Jem know that Spider is involved in something illegal?
(a) He has money to spend.
(b) He is rude to his grandmother.
(c) He is never in school.
(d) He seems suspicious.
13. How old is Jem at the beginning of the book?
14. What confession does Spider make after he and Jem make love?
(a) He has AIDS.
(b) He stole from his grandmother.
(c) He is in love with Jem.
(d) He is being hunted.
15. Why is Spider so uncomfortable while driving?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He has feelings for Jem.
(c) He doesn't know how.
(d) He is in a stolen car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Spider steal?
2. How does Spider plan to spend the nights on his way to the coast?
3. Who recognizes Spider at a gas station?
4. How does Spider almost die while hiking?
5. Why does Jem say she and Spider can't have a real fight?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)