|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annemarie decide the dark shape out the window in Chapter 12 must be her mother?
2. What disease does Mama say Aunt Birte died from?
3. Why does Annemarie believe that Kirsti did not feel fear when stopped by the German soldiers?
4. Who does Annemarie think about while she is waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
5. What was the name of the king of Denmark during the occupation?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about heroism. Choose at least five characters and write how they demonstrate heroism. Use specific examples from the text to support your answers and essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how Annemarie must feel learning that her sister was a member of the Resistance.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout this story, adults are known to be lying by the children, yet the children did not call them out or complain about the lies. Explain why you believe this occurred and use information from the text to support your answer. Then explain a time where you knew adults were lying, but you did not ask them to explain or justify their lies.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)