|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the German soldier ask Mama about the coffin in Chapter 10?
2. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
3. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
4. Why are many of the apartments in Annemarie's neighborhood empty?
5. How long does Annemarie believe it will take Mama to take the Rosens to the boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing how Annemarie or Papa must have felt, waiting for something in the current society. Use personal experience/knowledge and events from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In many aspects of this novel, characters needed to think and react quickly. Find at least five examples of how quick thinking helped at least one character in Number the Stars and discuss the situation. Use information from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how at least two characters from the novel display a sense of pride through trying circumstances. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your description.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)