|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annemarie do when her mother tells her to go to bed in Chapter 10?
2. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
3. What did Annemarie's mother tell her to be if she is stopped by soldiers?
4. Who does the author credit for for helping her to write this story?
5. Why did the baby need to be drugged according to Henrik?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout Number the Stars, there are a variety of contrasts. Choose two such contrasts and describe each in detail, using specific examples from the text. Include how each item is in contrast to the other. Be specific and detailed.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about heroism. Choose at least five characters and write how they demonstrate heroism. Use specific examples from the text to support your answers and essay.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think it is important that Lois Lowry write a book about such a mature subject for younger children?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)