|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the psalm talk about which was read to the group gathered at Uncle Herik's house in Chapter 10?
2. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
3. What story would Inge tell the doctor about her injury?
4. What does the German soldier tell Mama not to do until they leave in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Annemarie have difficulty running while delivering the package in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the empty apartments must make the remaining residents.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the way the mother and daughter relationship in the book changed throughout the events. Use specific events from the story to support your description.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about Annemarie as a character and human. Would you be able to be as brave as Annemarie? Support your answers
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)