Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lise engaged to?
2. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
3. How old was Lise when her hair had turned from dark to blonde?
4. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
5. What holiday is upcoming which Ellen goes home to help prepare for in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awakens Annemarie as she dozed off in the rocking chair in Chapter 10?
2. Why do you think Annemarie does not know what happened to her sister when she died?
3. How long does Mrs. Johansen tell Kirsti she will have to wait for a cupcake?
4. Why is Annemarie jealous of Ellen on the Thursday before her parents leave?
5. How did Inge broken her ankle?
6. Why does Papa agree it would be better if Mama takes the girls alone to Uncle Henrik's house?
7. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
8. Describe at least two of the people who are in the living room "mourning" Aunt Birte with Annemarie.
9. How does Ellen react to having to wear a hand-me-down jacket?
10. Why was Mama a good choice to lead a group to Henrik's boat?
Write an essay describing how Annemarie must feel learning that her sister was a member of the Resistance.
Why do you think it is important that Lois Lowry write a book about such a mature subject for younger children?
Write an essay contrasting the fairy tale world and the actual events surrounding Ellen and Annemarie. Be sure to use specific examples from the story to support your contrasts.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)