|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words does not describe how Annemarie sees the world during the prayer reading in Chapter 10?
(b) A gift.
2. What does Annemarie do in Chapter 10 when the German soldier asks her about who died?
(b) Hides behind Mama.
(c) Pretends she cannot understand him.
(d) Tells the truth.
3. What does the psalm talk about which was read to the group gathered at Uncle Herik's house in Chapter 10?
(a) God numbering the stars.
(b) God helping all of the people.
(c) Overcoming adversity.
(d) God protecting the Jews.
4. Who does Annemarie think about while she is waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
5. What does Kirsti wonder about Ellen in Chapter 16?
(a) When she will go with her.
(b) Where she went.
(c) When she will come back.
(d) Why she left her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
2. Which of the following characters dies at the end of the book?
3. What does the German soldier tell Mama not to do until they leave in Chapter 10?
4. In what does Mama wrap the baby in Chapter 11?
5. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Lise was killed.
2. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
3. What coincidence happens as Annemarie tells a story to herself on her trip to visit Uncle Henrik?
4. Why was Mama a good choice to lead a group to Henrik's boat?
5. Who tipped off the Rabbi who warned the Jews that the Germans were rounding them up?
6. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
7. Describe at least two of the people who are in the living room "mourning" Aunt Birte with Annemarie.
8. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
9. How does Ellen react to having to wear a hand-me-down jacket?
10. What is one reason Annemarie thinks Mrs. Rosen may be particularly afraid in Chapter 11?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)