|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annemarie do when her mother tells her to go to bed in Chapter 10?
(a) Stays downstairs with the guests.
(b) Goes upstairs to bed.
(c) Sleeps on the couch.
(d) Goes out to the barn.
2. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
3. What did Annemarie's mother tell her to be if she is stopped by soldiers?
(a) A silly little girl.
(b) Unable to understand their language.
(c) Deaf and mute.
(d) An adult.
4. Who does the author credit for for helping her to write this story?
(a) Annelise Platt.
(b) Lois Lowry.
(c) Annemarie Lowry.
(d) Annemarie Platt.
5. Why did the baby need to be drugged according to Henrik?
(a) So that it could rest.
(b) So that it would not make noise.
(c) So that it did not become sea sick.
(d) So it was not afraid of the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
2. What does the German soldier tell Mama not to do until they leave in Chapter 10?
3. What is Annemarie startled to learn about Peter?
4. Why are many of the apartments in Annemarie's neighborhood empty?
5. Why does Annemarie have difficulty running while delivering the package in Chapter 14?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)