|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long should Mama wait before she takes the second group to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
2. Which of the following does Annemarie think must be scarier than being involved in dangerous situations?
3. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
(a) A Star of David necklace.
(b) Peter's notes.
(c) A package.
(d) A handkerchief.
4. Annemarie is afraid of the German soldiers in the woods instead of which dangerous animals?
(c) Mountain lions.
5. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) Stay on the boat until morning.
(b) Go to the beach to pretend she is taking a walk.
(c) Return to the house right away.
(d) Go to the barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many German soldiers does Annemarie see when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
2. What does the German soldier tell Annemarie that the dogs smell in the basket?
3. Where is the character who dies at the end of the book buried?
4. What does Annemarie do in Chapter 10 when the German soldier asks her about who died?
5. Which of the following was not a reason Mama considered when allowing Annemarie the opportunity to deliver the package in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
2. Why was Mama a good choice to lead a group to Henrik's boat?
3. How does Annemarie remember the Rosens in Chapter 11?
4. Describe how Lise was killed.
5. What do the German soldiers want to know in Chapter 10?
6. What awakens Annemarie as she dozed off in the rocking chair in Chapter 10?
7. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
8. How did Inge broken her ankle?
9. In Chapter 12, what does Mama warn the Rosens to do on their way to Henrik's boat?
10. What is one reason Annemarie thinks Mrs. Rosen may be particularly afraid in Chapter 11?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)