|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annemarie is afraid of the German soldiers in the woods instead of which dangerous animals?
(b) Mountain lions.
2. Which character slips on a loose step outside of the kitchen door?
(d) Mr. Rosen.
3. What does Ellen promise to Annemarie as they part in Chapter 12?
(a) To come back one day.
(b) To not be scared.
(c) To write.
(d) To call.
4. What was the handkerchief coated with?
(a) Nasal spray.
(b) Meat smell.
(c) A special drug.
(d) Dog treats.
5. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annemarie do as she is waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
2. Which of the following was not a reason Mama considered when allowing Annemarie the opportunity to deliver the package in Chapter 13?
3. What does Annemarie find near the steps in Chapter 13?
4. What was the name of the king of Denmark during the occupation?
5. What was Mr. Rosen's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
2. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
3. What awakens Annemarie as she dozed off in the rocking chair in Chapter 10?
4. How does Ellen react to having to wear a hand-me-down jacket?
5. How does the jacket in Chapter 11 make Ellen realize that her life has changed significantly?
6. Who does Annemarie pretend to be like as she talks to the German soldiers while she is taking package to her uncle in Chapter 15?
7. Who tipped off the Rabbi who warned the Jews that the Germans were rounding them up?
8. In Chapter 16, where does Henrik tell Annemarie the Rosens are?
9. Describe how Lise was killed.
10. What is one reason Annemarie thinks Mrs. Rosen may be particularly afraid in Chapter 11?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)