|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henrik tease Annemarie about at the dinner table in Chapter 16?
(a) Letting the soldiers eat his food.
(b) Talking to the soldiers.
(c) Milking the cow.
(d) Mama's broken ankle.
2. What do the German soldiers ask Annemarie about her Uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he doesn't eat fish for lunch.
(b) Why he doesn't get his own lunch.
(c) Why he needs her to deliver his lunch.
(d) Where he eats his lunch.
3. What was the name of the king of Denmark during the occupation?
(a) Christian X.
(b) Platt IV.
(c) Christian XII.
(d) Platt X.
4. Who pounds on the door during the gathering around the casket at Uncle Henrik's house?
(a) A German soldier.
5. Which of the following were mixed and placed on the handkerchief to confuse the dogs?
(a) Rabbit's blood and heroine.
(b) Rabbit's blood and cocaine.
(c) Dog's blood and cocaine.
(d) Dog's blood and heroine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
2. Who does the author credit for for helping her to write this story?
3. In what year did Denmark surrender to Germany?
4. Why does Peter tell the group in Chapter 11 that they will need warm clothes?
5. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the German soldiers want to know in Chapter 10?
2. Describe how Lise was killed.
3. In Chapter 16, where does Henrik tell Annemarie the Rosens are?
4. Who does Annemarie pretend to be like as she talks to the German soldiers while she is taking package to her uncle in Chapter 15?
5. What comforts many members of the group gathered for the mourning of Aunt Birte?
6. What coincidence happens as Annemarie tells a story to herself on her trip to visit Uncle Henrik?
7. Why does Annemarie choose to take a path which winds deeply into the woods while she is taking a package to her uncle in Chapter 14?
8. Who tipped off the Rabbi who warned the Jews that the Germans were rounding them up?
9. How does Annemarie react when the soldiers take her bread in Chapter 15?
10. How did Inge broken her ankle?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)