|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
(a) Opens the lid to the casket.
(b) Takes a group of people to the boat.
(c) Goes to the barn .
(d) Leaves the house.
2. In what does Mama wrap the baby in Chapter 11?
(a) Annemarie's jacket.
(b) A coat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Kirsti's sweater.
3. Where does Annemarie assume the Rosens will be taken in Chapter 11?
(b) United States.
4. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
(a) A package.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) Peter's notes.
(d) A Star of David necklace.
5. Why are many of the apartments in Annemarie's neighborhood empty?
(a) The Germans left.
(b) The Jewish owners fled.
(c) The Jewish owners sold them.
(d) The Germans destroyed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henrik tease Annemarie about at the dinner table in Chapter 16?
2. What story would Inge tell the doctor about her injury?
3. In Chapter 17, how many more years is it until the war ends?
4. Which character reads a psalm for all those gathered once the German soldiers leave Uncle Henrik's house?
5. What does Mama give everyone in the group in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one reason Annemarie thinks Mrs. Rosen may be particularly afraid in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Mama warn the Rosens to do on their way to Henrik's boat?
3. Why does Annemarie choose to take a path which winds deeply into the woods while she is taking a package to her uncle in Chapter 14?
4. How does Annemarie react when the soldiers take her bread in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
6. How does Annemarie remember the Rosens in Chapter 11?
7. How does Ellen react to having to wear a hand-me-down jacket?
8. What awakens Annemarie as she dozed off in the rocking chair in Chapter 10?
9. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
10. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)