|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item from the casket does Peter give to Ellen?
(a) A sweater.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A blanket.
2. Which of the following was not a reason Mama considered when allowing Annemarie the opportunity to deliver the package in Chapter 13?
(a) She knew the way.
(b) She was not injured.
(c) She could run fast.
(d) She would not be stopped by soldiers.
3. Who was the character of Peter based upon in real-life?
(a) Kim Malthe-Bruun.
(b) G.F. Duckwitz.
(c) Peter Neilsen.
(d) Annelise Platt.
4. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) Return to the house right away.
(b) Go to the barn.
(c) Go to the beach to pretend she is taking a walk.
(d) Stay on the boat until morning.
5. Why does Annemarie say her Uncle won't eat fish?
(a) He is a bad fisherman.
(b) The German's take all of the fish.
(c) He's allergic.
(d) He's sick of the smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
2. What does Ellen promise to Annemarie as they part in Chapter 12?
3. What happened to Annemarie's mother on the return trip to the house from the boat?
4. What time is it when Mama and the Rosen's leave?
5. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mama a good choice to lead a group to Henrik's boat?
2. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
4. How does Ellen react to having to wear a hand-me-down jacket?
5. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
6. How old is Annemarie when the war ends?
7. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
8. Why was cocaine added to the mixture placed on the handkerchief?
9. Why does Annemarie choose to take a path which winds deeply into the woods while she is taking a package to her uncle in Chapter 14?
10. In Chapter 16, where does Henrik tell Annemarie the Rosens are?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)