|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character slips on a loose step outside of the kitchen door?
(b) Mr. Rosen.
2. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) Go to the beach to pretend she is taking a walk.
(b) Go to the barn.
(c) Stay on the boat until morning.
(d) Return to the house right away.
3. What story would Inge tell the doctor about her injury?
(a) The truth.
(b) She fell down the stairs in the house.
(c) The soldiers hurt her.
4. How long should Mama wait before she takes the second group to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
5. Who pounds on the door during the gathering around the casket at Uncle Henrik's house?
(b) A German soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the handkerchief coated with?
2. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
3. What childhood story does Annemarie tell herself on the trip to her Uncle's boat to deliver a package?
4. How many German soldiers does Annemarie see when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
5. What does Annemarie do when her mother tells her to go to bed in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tipped off the Rabbi who warned the Jews that the Germans were rounding them up?
2. What coincidence happens as Annemarie tells a story to herself on her trip to visit Uncle Henrik?
3. What comforts many members of the group gathered for the mourning of Aunt Birte?
4. How does Annemarie remember the Rosens in Chapter 11?
5. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
6. Why was Mama a good choice to lead a group to Henrik's boat?
7. Why was cocaine added to the mixture placed on the handkerchief?
8. In Chapter 16, where does Henrik tell Annemarie the Rosens are?
9. In Chapter 12, what does Mama warn the Rosens to do on their way to Henrik's boat?
10. What do the German soldiers want to know in Chapter 10?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)