|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following were mixed and placed on the handkerchief to confuse the dogs?
(a) Dog's blood and cocaine.
(b) Dog's blood and heroine.
(c) Rabbit's blood and cocaine.
(d) Rabbit's blood and heroine.
2. What does the German soldier tell Mama not to do until they leave in Chapter 10?
(a) Bury Aunt Birte.
(b) Leave the room.
(d) Open the coffin.
3. Why does Annemarie believe that Kirsti did not feel fear when stopped by the German soldiers?
(a) She was too dumb to feel fear.
(b) She was too innocent to feel fear.
(c) She was too excited to feel fear.
(d) She was too happy to feel fear.
4. What does the German soldier tell Annemarie that the dogs smell in the basket?
(a) A package.
(d) A handkerchief.
5. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) Go to the barn.
(b) Stay on the boat until morning.
(c) Go to the beach to pretend she is taking a walk.
(d) Return to the house right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how many more years is it until the war ends?
2. In what does Mama wrap the baby in Chapter 11?
3. What was Mr. Rosen's profession?
4. Why are many of the apartments in Annemarie's neighborhood empty?
5. Which of the following words does not describe how Annemarie sees the world during the prayer reading in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awakens Annemarie as she dozed off in the rocking chair in Chapter 10?
2. How does Annemarie remember the Rosens in Chapter 11?
3. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
4. How does Annemarie react when the soldiers take her bread in Chapter 15?
5. What comforts many members of the group gathered for the mourning of Aunt Birte?
6. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
7. Why was cocaine added to the mixture placed on the handkerchief?
8. How did Inge broken her ankle?
9. Describe how Lise was killed.
10. In Chapter 16, where does Henrik tell Annemarie the Rosens are?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)