|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
2. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
(a) Opens the lid to the casket.
(b) Goes to the barn .
(c) Leaves the house.
(d) Takes a group of people to the boat.
3. Why does Annemarie believe that Kirsti did not feel fear when stopped by the German soldiers?
(a) She was too excited to feel fear.
(b) She was too happy to feel fear.
(c) She was too innocent to feel fear.
(d) She was too dumb to feel fear.
4. About how many members of Denmark were Jewish during the time period this book is set in?
5. How long should Mama wait before she takes the second group to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
2. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
3. In Chapter 17, how many more years is it until the war ends?
4. What is Annemarie startled to learn about Peter?
5. Which of the following is not an item Annemarie uses to hide the package in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comforts many members of the group gathered for the mourning of Aunt Birte?
2. In Chapter 16, where does Henrik tell Annemarie the Rosens are?
3. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
4. Who does Annemarie pretend to be like as she talks to the German soldiers while she is taking package to her uncle in Chapter 15?
5. How does the jacket in Chapter 11 make Ellen realize that her life has changed significantly?
6. Why does Annemarie choose to take a path which winds deeply into the woods while she is taking a package to her uncle in Chapter 14?
7. How does Ellen react to having to wear a hand-me-down jacket?
8. How did Inge broken her ankle?
9. What do the German soldiers want to know in Chapter 10?
10. How does Annemarie remember the Rosens in Chapter 11?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)