|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter announce once the psalm has been read in Chapter 10?
(a) That he must leave.
(b) That the soldiers are returning.
(c) That they all must hide.
(d) That it is time.
2. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
(a) Leaves the house.
(b) Opens the lid to the casket.
(c) Takes a group of people to the boat.
(d) Goes to the barn .
3. What are the German soldiers holding when Annemarie first sees them when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
(a) A basket filled with food.
(b) Dogs on leashes.
(c) The Rosens.
4. When does Henrik leave for his boat in Chapter 10?
(a) After guests arrive but before the Rosens arrive.
(b) In the middle of the mourning.
(c) After everyone arrives.
(d) Before everyone arrives.
5. In what year did Denmark surrender to Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annemarie say her Uncle won't eat fish?
2. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
3. Which of the following were mixed and placed on the handkerchief to confuse the dogs?
4. How does Annemarie decide the dark shape out the window in Chapter 12 must be her mother?
5. What does the German soldier tell Mama not to do until they leave in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, where does Henrik tell Annemarie the Rosens are?
2. Why was cocaine added to the mixture placed on the handkerchief?
3. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
4. Who tipped off the Rabbi who warned the Jews that the Germans were rounding them up?
5. What do the German soldiers want to know in Chapter 10?
6. How does the jacket in Chapter 11 make Ellen realize that her life has changed significantly?
7. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
8. Describe how Lise was killed.
9. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
10. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)