|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annemarie is afraid of the German soldiers in the woods instead of which dangerous animals?
(d) Mountain lions.
2. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
(a) Warm clothes.
(b) A package to give to Henrik.
3. How does Annemarie decide the dark shape out the window in Chapter 12 must be her mother?
(a) Her mother waves.
(b) She can see her mother clearly.
(c) Her mother moves.
(d) Her mother calls to her.
4. Which of the following is not an item Annemarie uses to hide the package in Chapter 13?
(d) Loaf of bread.
5. What is Annemarie startled to learn about Peter?
(a) He is in the Resistance.
(b) He went to Sweden with the Rosens.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is German.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
2. What time is it when Mama and the Rosen's leave?
3. What does Annemarie do in Chapter 10 when the German soldier asks her about who died?
4. Why is Mama's role in Chapter 12 very important?
5. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
2. How does Ellen react to having to wear a hand-me-down jacket?
3. Why was Mama a good choice to lead a group to Henrik's boat?
4. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
5. How does Annemarie remember the Rosens in Chapter 11?
6. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
7. In Chapter 16, where does Henrik tell Annemarie the Rosens are?
8. In Chapter 12, what does Mama warn the Rosens to do on their way to Henrik's boat?
9. What do the German soldiers want to know in Chapter 10?
10. Describe how Lise was killed.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)