|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Denmark surrender to Germany?
2. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
(b) Aunt Birte.
(c) Warm clothes.
3. Which of the following is not an item Annemarie uses to hide the package in Chapter 13?
(c) Loaf of bread.
4. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
5. What was the handkerchief coated with?
(a) Nasal spray.
(b) A special drug.
(c) Dog treats.
(d) Meat smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Annemarie think must be scarier than being involved in dangerous situations?
2. When does Henrik leave for his boat in Chapter 10?
3. What time is it when Mama and the Rosen's leave?
4. What does the German soldier tell Annemarie that the dogs smell in the basket?
5. About how many members of Denmark were Jewish during the time period this book is set in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
2. Who does Annemarie pretend to be like as she talks to the German soldiers while she is taking package to her uncle in Chapter 15?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
4. What comforts many members of the group gathered for the mourning of Aunt Birte?
5. How does Annemarie react when the soldiers take her bread in Chapter 15?
6. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
7. Why was cocaine added to the mixture placed on the handkerchief?
8. Describe at least two of the people who are in the living room "mourning" Aunt Birte with Annemarie.
9. What awakens Annemarie as she dozed off in the rocking chair in Chapter 10?
10. What do the German soldiers want to know in Chapter 10?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)