|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
2. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
3. What does Kirsti wonder about Ellen in Chapter 16?
(a) Why she left her parents.
(b) Where she went.
(c) When she will come back.
(d) When she will go with her.
4. What time is it when Mama and the Rosen's leave?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 1:00 a.m.
(c) 2:30 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
5. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
(b) Warm clothes.
(c) Aunt Birte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annemarie do as she is waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
2. What item from the casket does Peter give to Ellen?
3. Who was the character of Peter based upon in real-life?
4. Where does Annemarie assume the Rosens will be taken in Chapter 11?
5. While on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat, Annemarie hits a fork in the path; which direction does she choose to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What coincidence happens as Annemarie tells a story to herself on her trip to visit Uncle Henrik?
2. Why was cocaine added to the mixture placed on the handkerchief?
3. What comforts many members of the group gathered for the mourning of Aunt Birte?
4. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
5. How did Inge broken her ankle?
6. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
7. What do the German soldiers want to know in Chapter 10?
8. How does Annemarie react when the soldiers take her bread in Chapter 15?
9. Who tipped off the Rabbi who warned the Jews that the Germans were rounding them up?
10. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)