|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What childhood story does Annemarie tell herself on the trip to her Uncle's boat to deliver a package?
(a) Little Red Riding Hood.
(b) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(c) Snow White.
2. Which of the following does Annemarie think must be scarier than being involved in dangerous situations?
3. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
(a) A package to give to Henrik.
(b) Warm clothes.
4. What do the German soldiers ask Annemarie about her Uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he needs her to deliver his lunch.
(b) Where he eats his lunch.
(c) Why he doesn't get his own lunch.
(d) Why he doesn't eat fish for lunch.
5. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) Return to the house right away.
(b) Go to the beach to pretend she is taking a walk.
(c) Stay on the boat until morning.
(d) Go to the barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the German soldier ask Mama about the coffin in Chapter 10?
2. At what time does Annemarie become worried and run to the window while waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
3. What does Annemarie do when she comes upon the German soldiers in Chapter 15?
4. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Peter tell the group in Chapter 11 that they will need warm clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Annemarie pretend to be like as she talks to the German soldiers while she is taking package to her uncle in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Annemarie choose to take a path which winds deeply into the woods while she is taking a package to her uncle in Chapter 14?
3. What do the German soldiers want to know in Chapter 10?
4. Describe how Lise was killed.
5. How does Ellen react to having to wear a hand-me-down jacket?
6. In Chapter 12, what does Mama warn the Rosens to do on their way to Henrik's boat?
7. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
8. Why was Mama a good choice to lead a group to Henrik's boat?
9. How did Inge broken her ankle?
10. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)