|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annemarie find near the steps in Chapter 13?
(a) Clothing that kept the baby warm.
(b) Traps set by the soldiers.
(c) The package for Henrik.
(d) The Star of David necklace.
2. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
(a) Takes a group of people to the boat.
(b) Goes to the barn .
(c) Leaves the house.
(d) Opens the lid to the casket.
3. In what does Mama wrap the baby in Chapter 11?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A coat.
(c) Annemarie's jacket.
(d) Kirsti's sweater.
4. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A Star of David necklace.
(c) Peter's notes.
(d) A package.
5. Which of the following is not an item Annemarie uses to hide the package in Chapter 13?
(d) Loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
2. Which of the following characters dies at the end of the book?
3. What story would Inge tell the doctor about her injury?
4. Where does Mama instruct Annemarie to put the package in Chapter 13?
5. What is Annemarie startled to learn about Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tipped off the Rabbi who warned the Jews that the Germans were rounding them up?
2. Why was cocaine added to the mixture placed on the handkerchief?
3. How does the jacket in Chapter 11 make Ellen realize that her life has changed significantly?
4. What is one reason Annemarie thinks Mrs. Rosen may be particularly afraid in Chapter 11?
5. How old is Annemarie when the war ends?
6. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
7. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
8. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
9. Describe at least two of the people who are in the living room "mourning" Aunt Birte with Annemarie.
10. What comforts many members of the group gathered for the mourning of Aunt Birte?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)