|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annemarie startled to learn about Peter?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He went to Sweden with the Rosens.
(c) He is in the Resistance.
(d) He is German.
2. What disease does Mama say Aunt Birte died from?
3. Why does Annemarie have difficulty running while delivering the package in Chapter 14?
(a) She broke her ankle.
(b) She cannot breathe well.
(c) It is too cold to run.
(d) It is still pretty dark.
4. What was the handkerchief coated with?
(a) Nasal spray.
(b) A special drug.
(c) Dog treats.
(d) Meat smell.
5. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 3:30 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how Annemarie thinks the Rosens look in their hand-me-down clothes?
2. What does the psalm talk about which was read to the group gathered at Uncle Herik's house in Chapter 10?
3. What was Mr. Rosen's profession?
4. What story would Inge tell the doctor about her injury?
5. What does Annemarie find near the steps in Chapter 13?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)