|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the German soldiers ask Annemarie about her Uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he doesn't eat fish for lunch.
(b) Why he doesn't get his own lunch.
(c) Where he eats his lunch.
(d) Why he needs her to deliver his lunch.
2. Which of the following does Annemarie think must be scarier than being involved in dangerous situations?
3. Who leads the first group of people to the boat in Chapter 11?
(c) Mr. Rosen.
4. Why does Annemarie say her Uncle won't eat fish?
(a) He is a bad fisherman.
(b) He's allergic.
(c) He's sick of the smell.
(d) The German's take all of the fish.
5. How many German soldiers does Annemarie see when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
2. When does Henrik leave for his boat in Chapter 10?
3. What does Annemarie do when she comes upon the German soldiers in Chapter 15?
4. How long should Mama wait before she takes the second group to Henrik in Chapter 11?
5. Which of the following words does not describe how Annemarie sees the world during the prayer reading in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mama a good choice to lead a group to Henrik's boat?
2. How old is Annemarie when the war ends?
3. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Mama warn the Rosens to do on their way to Henrik's boat?
5. How does Annemarie remember the Rosens in Chapter 11?
6. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
7. In Chapter 16, where does Henrik tell Annemarie the Rosens are?
8. What is one reason Annemarie thinks Mrs. Rosen may be particularly afraid in Chapter 11?
9. Who does Annemarie pretend to be like as she talks to the German soldiers while she is taking package to her uncle in Chapter 15?
10. Why was cocaine added to the mixture placed on the handkerchief?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)