|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the handkerchief coated with?
(a) Dog treats.
(b) A special drug.
(c) Meat smell.
(d) Nasal spray.
2. At what time does Annemarie become worried and run to the window while waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 5:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
3. Where does Annemarie assume the Rosens will be taken in Chapter 11?
(c) United States.
4. What does Annemarie do as she is waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) Takes care of the animals.
(b) Nods off.
(d) Makes food.
5. What story would Inge tell the doctor about her injury?
(a) The soldiers hurt her.
(c) The truth.
(d) She fell down the stairs in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long should Mama wait before she takes the second group to Henrik in Chapter 11?
2. What does the German soldier tell Mama not to do until they leave in Chapter 10?
3. Why is Mama's role in Chapter 12 very important?
4. Annemarie is afraid of the German soldiers in the woods instead of which dangerous animals?
5. How many German soldiers does Annemarie see when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one reason Annemarie thinks Mrs. Rosen may be particularly afraid in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Mama warn the Rosens to do on their way to Henrik's boat?
3. How does the jacket in Chapter 11 make Ellen realize that her life has changed significantly?
4. Why do Annemarie and Henrik go to the barn to have a serious conversation in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
6. What awakens Annemarie as she dozed off in the rocking chair in Chapter 10?
7. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
8. Why does Annemarie choose to take a path which winds deeply into the woods while she is taking a package to her uncle in Chapter 14?
9. How did Inge broken her ankle?
10. How does Annemarie react when the soldiers take her bread in Chapter 15?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)