|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annemarie find near the steps in Chapter 13?
(a) Clothing that kept the baby warm.
(b) The package for Henrik.
(c) Traps set by the soldiers.
(d) The Star of David necklace.
2. What does Annemarie do in Chapter 10 when the German soldier asks her about who died?
(a) Pretends she cannot understand him.
(b) Hides behind Mama.
(c) Tells the truth.
3. Which of the following were mixed and placed on the handkerchief to confuse the dogs?
(a) Rabbit's blood and cocaine.
(b) Dog's blood and cocaine.
(c) Dog's blood and heroine.
(d) Rabbit's blood and heroine.
4. What did Annemarie's mother tell her to be if she is stopped by soldiers?
(a) An adult.
(b) Unable to understand their language.
(c) A silly little girl.
(d) Deaf and mute.
5. What time is it when Mama and the Rosen's leave?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 2:30 a.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
2. What was the handkerchief coated with?
3. Which of the following words does not describe how Annemarie sees the world during the prayer reading in Chapter 10?
4. What was the name of the king of Denmark during the occupation?
5. At what time does Annemarie become worried and run to the window while waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What coincidence happens as Annemarie tells a story to herself on her trip to visit Uncle Henrik?
2. Why was Mama a good choice to lead a group to Henrik's boat?
3. What do the German soldiers want to know in Chapter 10?
4. What comforts many members of the group gathered for the mourning of Aunt Birte?
5. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
6. How does Annemarie remember the Rosens in Chapter 11?
7. Describe at least two of the people who are in the living room "mourning" Aunt Birte with Annemarie.
8. Who does Annemarie pretend to be like as she talks to the German soldiers while she is taking package to her uncle in Chapter 15?
9. How did Inge broken her ankle?
10. Why does Annemarie choose to take a path which winds deeply into the woods while she is taking a package to her uncle in Chapter 14?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)